Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[font=Times New Roman]I would enjoy being in this contest, although Lord knows I 1)also do not have the time 2)supplies or 3)patience to be in this contest.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]But mainly, I think I'd like to join because I want to try to broaden my skills, and draw some different things than what I normally do. A . . . learning experience, I guess.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]I think this'll be fun. ^_^[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]--Sere[/font]
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[color=firebrick]I'm sorry Chabichou, the contest hasn't started yet. I'm sorry about the slight problem that occured since I said the contest would start on Wendnesday if OBv7 would be restored by Monday.

[strike]I've scheduled to set the contest start date on Friday, February 17, 2004. Anyone who wants to can keep on signing up until 12:00 AM on Thrusday. Then you guys can start working on your art.[/strike]

[size=4] Art Contest has officially started. Contestants should work on their sub-catergory of 'Fanart'. Everyone has [b]FOUR DAYS[/b] to complete their art, so the due date is [b]TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 24TH[/b]. Good luck![/size][/color]
Posted
Yea, this is pretty short notice but I just realized that I'm not gonna have any time to do this. I'm playing the catch up game in my school work as it since I've been absent so much, so sorry, maybe another time when I'm free and stuff.
Posted
Wow, it seems like everyone's backing out. :S

I'm definitely in it, mostly just to get my name out as an artist here. I'm a little tired of all my threads being completely ignored until they sink into the mire of dead threads from days long past.

Sorry, I'm just a little peeved at the moment.

I'm trying to find a good picture to copy right now, so expect my first entry in by tomorrow or Sunday.
Posted
[i]I'm definitely in it, mostly just to get my name out as an artist here. I'm a little tired of all my threads being completely ignored until they sink into the mire of dead threads from days long past.
[/i]

[color=firebrick]You and I are soulmates. ^_~

Well, I look forward to your art, Megumi.[/color]
Posted
[size=1][color=darkgreen] Well, being I finished mine a few hours ago, I guess i'll be the first to post my picture... >.< when you said "cartoon" I hope you ment we didn't have to draw just anime... and, for a reminder, I had to use a digital camera cause my scanner sucks and won't work (sorry if the picture is screwed up).

Ok, first, the original picture:
[img]http://myimages.fourvalve.com/kkc/girsalute_red.sized[/img]

And now, my drawing of the original picture:
[img]http://myimages.fourvalve.com/kkc/GirOB2004.JPG[/img]

>.< well, I hope that is ok. sorry about the odd sizes of the two pics. *kills her evil scanner which causes pictures to look crappy*

(also uploaded) [/size][/color]
Posted
[font=Tahoma][color=sienna]Meh... I never was very good with copying character's poses and such... Oh well, hopefully I'll be able to redeem myself later in the competition.[/color][/font]
Posted
[QUOTE=EternallyYoung]I WILL DO IT!!!!!!!!!

ill do it! ive never entered in a contest before! where do i send the pics to ?! help me! whens the deadline?! help me! help me!!!![/QUOTE][color=#30415d]Read the entire thread before you post questions, as most of what you asked have already been answered thuroughly. To participate, you need a scanner to get the pictures on the computer, and then simply attach them to your post.[/color]
Posted
Whoa, new layout... I'm confused. ^ ^ It's a good thing I decided to get on recently, or else I'd have missed the deadline. Hope I didn't have to copy the pose exactly... I got bored during church. Anyways, two chikas from noire. Does it have an e on the end? hmm.
The original is the color one. The fanart is only a pencil drawing.

Edit:: Crap... You mean I have to draw another one? :P
Posted
[color=firebrick] *cringes* Klinanime, maybe you misunderstood. You have to draw fanart that is based on an official drawing, which means same stance, etc. If you decided to keep the one you posted, you'll have points deducted. Sorry. ^_^;;.[/color]
Posted
First things first: I HATE copying pictures "exactly." I copied pictures for the first year or two I started drawing anime, and once I understood the style and could draw on my own, I never went back. So, sorry for the lack of enthusiasm for the first round... but this is my least favorite. My problem is, I get so caught up in drawing and making sure the picture looks good on it's own, I forget to see if it looks like the other picture... so it doesn't really. *shrugs*
Posted
[i]Edit:: Crap... You mean I have to draw another one? :P[/i]

[color=firebrick] No, it's not mandatory. If you decide to keep the one you posted and use it for the contest, you'll have [b]1.5 points[/b] deducted from your overall score.

Reminder: The pictures are due tomorrow, so I'll be giving out the PMs like I said I would. [/color]
Posted
Heh, don't worry Megumi, I hate copying pictures too. Hence the colour scheme for mine is off a bit, but I didn't have the best source. It's not laziness, I swear. I apologise for the size of the original [which I believe is the second image...] I couldn't find a better image anywhere. Incidentally, mine's an image from The Animatrix. If I may say so, these are all great images you other guys are posting, by the by. Well done everyone! ^_^

Oh - um, sorry if looking back on the thread it doesn't look like I applied. I was a late applicant via PM to Maladjusted - I didn't just jump in, to clear up any confusion.
Posted
[color=firebrick] Thank you to everyone who has turned their art in; it all looks great. ^_^.

But, to remind everyone, [b]you must turn in a picture for every category.[/b] I just had a contestant quit because of it, so I didn't want any other confusion.[/color]
Posted
Meh, here's my new pic that doesn't defeat the purpose of this category. ^ ^ Heh, I really didn't finalize this picture, the shading's off, and the poses are off, but whatever.

[quote]No, it's not mandatory. If you decide to keep the one you posted and use it for the contest, you'll have 1.5 points deducted from your overall score.[/quote]
Just teasing earlier. It's not like I really mind drawing a new one. : D
Posted
[COLOR="#004A6F"]Maladjusted , is only the fan art due tommorow or the original art as well? I'm not sure when the contest started cause my mom never lets me on the computer anymore, and I only get to go on at school.[/COLOR]
Posted
Here is my entry. I'm really not pleased with it atall but I don't have time to redo it, and I've been sick the past few days so I had to rush. Bleh.. -_-;

[IMG]http://inkript.250free.com/Boy-on-rock.jpg[/IMG] To large to attach.
Posted
[QUOTE=maladjusted][color=firebrick] Chabichou: Just the fanart is due. ^_^.

SaiyanPrincessX: Please post the original official picture as well.[/color][/QUOTE]

>.< I think I mis-understood. I guess that would mean I'm disqualified, because I did the Original art instead of the fanart. -_- Oh well, thats my fault.
Posted
[COLOR="#004a6f"]Ok here is my entry and the original aswell. I just want to tell you I drew this when the contest was first mentioned so it's already on the fanart site.. I didn't have time to draw a new picture. I hope I don't get disqualified. Please have mercy....lol.[/COLOR]
Posted
[i] Please have mercy....lol.[/i]

:toothy:

[color=firebrick]Heh, no, you don't get anything counted off.

SaiyanPrincessX: Um, if you still want to participate you could trade in the original for fanart, so you turn in the fanart at the next deadline. *shrugs*

To the remaining contestants: Please remember than the picture is due today by 12:00 PM.[/color]
Posted
[quote name='maladjusted][color=firebrick']Heh, no, you get anything counted off.[/color][/quote]

[COLOR="#004a6f"]Does that mean I'm disqualified? Or I get points off? Or just this specific picture doesn't count?[/COLOR]
Posted
[color="#004a6f"]Oh that's a relief. Just a typo I see.
And one other thing: I'm kind of getting confused with the due dates. You say tommorow, and then you say it agian the next day. I think you should say the actual date like "Feb 26 at midnight".[/color]
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...