OtakuBoards

Yellowcard

Epitome

[size=1]Has anyone heard of this band... I know someone has had to but they are playing at my brothers high school soon so I thought I would make a thread on them. They are an awesome punk-rock band and they have talent. They arent too popular yet but they are making there way through the ranks. My favorite song currently is "Way, Way" or at least what I think it is called. I just love the beat to it and it makes you just want to party. It just surges good feeling throughtout your whole body. They were actually on MTV's "Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Inferno" no too long ago and played that song for one of the "missions" as well. Well if anyone has heard them, let me know what you think of them, and what your favorite song is and why.[/size]

Ugh! I can't believe that Yellowcard agreed to be on Road Rules. I can't stand that show or most of the programming they have on Mtv. That song is called "Way Away."

But yeah, I've been listening to Yellowcard for a while now. They have two full-length albums and one or two EPs. They were playing at a club near my university in October I think, but unfortunately I couldn't make it.

I'd consider them "popular" considering how often I've heard about them in recent months... especially from a few people who don't listen to much outside of The Ataris.

They always struck me as "Generic Punk Band #254 + Gimmick", but that's just my opinion.

I've been a fan of Yellowcard for a few years, ever since I first heard their "Underdog" EP. In my opinion, they are a really good band and I'm happy they're finally getting the credit they deserve.

Though, I will say I wish they hadn't played on that Real World/Road Rules Challenge. That show is just so bad that it doesn't deserve a good band like YC to play on it. Of course, YC should have never agreed, either.

[color=darkorchid]I only heard of them thru a local radio station. They aren't half bad.

I'm sorry I really can't ellaborate too much on this topic. I wanted to try and win tickets to a show they had recently here in NY, but I kept getting the busy signal and I dind't have enough money to get a ticket from the box office.

I have heard some of tehir songs on the radio, I guess they're somewhat decent as music goes. I hope I do get to hear them in concert some time before they get over played.[/color]

Hataki Vash I think your thinking of the song 'Way Away'.

Yellow card is a decent band. Yes they played for the Inferno (good show BTW) they played in the team chalange 'Smash It Up'. In which the players on real world/ road rules had to see how much they could smash up in a hotel room. They smashed things using a gutar. After that Trishell went to the iunferno against Holly...
Okay, to get back on topic..Yellow card is a decent band, but they are so much alkie many other bands.

-Mark