OtakuBoards

Dirty Pair

SSJ Gotenks ok

[color=hotpink][size=1]I've never gotten around to watching the Original Dirty Pair, but I have watched most of Dirty Pair Flash. I liked it, but I just thought they were so ditzy. I think that the anime may have appealed more to guys than girls, even though the main characters were chics.[/color][/size]

Indeed asuka, dirty pair flash is no doubt a show for the fellas.

Infact, I have been catching the show quite a bit lately because I have showtime beyond and it is a good show, but the female leads are always showing as much skin as possible.

Maybe its not a show specifically for guys, but guys had to have made it.

All in all it is a good show, I actually like the animation style. Plus, with the background from the original series there is plenty of room to work with charactor development.

And indeed the two girls in the lead roles are for sure worthy of mentioning in that "sexy anime charactors" thread. ss gotenks ok, called that one.

Yeah, I watch that show on Showtime Beyond as well, when I get a chance. I've seen about 5 or 6 episodes so far, and it's pretty good, but by far not my favorite series. While the characters do look pretty good, the story line could be a bit better. What I've noticed is that they try to fit as many explosions into an episode as possible, lol.

I've actually seen an episode of the original Dirty Pair as well, which you can deffinitly tell by the character designs and the lower quality animation.

I haven't seen the Original either, but I [i]think[/i] I've seen all of Dirty Pair Flash. That show is so crazy, it's funny! My favorite mission was the one where they were investigating World's World (20th century amusement park). Their codename was "Lovely Angels" but people insisted on calling them the "dirty pair."

Chief: "Ah, you two must be the Dirty Pair."
Kei and Yuri: "ROBURI ANJER!!" ("Lovely Angels" in thick Japanese accent)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=hotpink][size=1]Well, the reason why the original looks like much lower quality, it's only because it's a whole lot OLDER than Dirty Pair Flash. In the original, Kei has this big huge afro going on and Yuri still basically looks the same.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
Yeah, I noticed that, heh. And I don't know if it was the animation, but I really didn't like the original as much as Dirty Pair Flash.

I saw the original last week or the week before that and i wasn't really into it but i guess it was dirty pair flash i caught this weekend and it was much better!And that vollyball episode was funny that trainer was a A**!!lol :laugh: And does outfits im not even gonna get on that!:D:smirk:

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Just throw some insight into this the Original Dirty Pair, was done in the late 80's hence the animation quailty is that of the 80's which had it's own style so saying it's lower animation quality wise is politically incorrect.

Now on to my second point the Dirty Pair Flash was pretty much made as a fan service anime made for the fella's. Personally I don't enjoy "fan service animes" for the fact that they rely more so on the Beauty of the Women and fan service angles to get the show by that the plot and storylines on the shows are rather horrible and unenjoyable to watch. Sadly Dirty Pair Flash falls into that category.

The Original Dirty Pair Flash however was a bit better, it had it's fan service but not to that large of a degree as seen in flash. The story line was somewhat enjoyable and at certain times rather comedical and is considered to most of the male anime fans a classic.

Peronsally I wouldn't fit the Original Dirty Pair into the anime classic category because it's not the best work out of the 80's but it's pretty good when you stack it up to animes around the same time period like Devil Hunter Yoko.

Check Please I'm done. ;) :D

Guest Meier_Link
Now on to my second point the Dirty Pair Flash was pretty much made as a fan service anime made for the fella's. Personally I don't enjoy "fan service animes" for the fact that they rely more so on the Beauty of the Women and fan service angles to get the show by that the plot and storylines on the shows are rather horrible and unenjoyable to watch-blablabla LOL man I didn't even get what you mean by all that. Everytime I read yur posts, for some reason I keep making up Seto Kaiba's voice in my head, hahha i'm stupid

I've seen the original dirty pair a few years ago at my cousins house, it was very good, the characters look ok i guess...and I've seen the characters for Dirty Pair Flash, and they still look alright, but I've grown out of obsession for anime babes a lot since last month

Asuka, I gotta give it to you.

First you get more and more of my respect by posting quality post and being nice, but now your going against the grain and posting about liking dirty pair flash.
--------------------------

Now, I wanna mention dirty pair original is good, but not really good. Its actually only as good as dirty pair flash in the overall.

I think the best quality of either show is the fan "love" that ended up becoming a series which spawned endless numbers of fanfics and h-doujins.

I think that the original does have a quality element in its story that flash doesnt, but the overall of either is only worth a little bit compared to any other series.

Truth is rick had some good points, but at the same time, the series has an element of newness to alot of anime newbs.

So on my 1 to 10 scale I would give this show a 4.

[color=hotpink][size=1]Well, older anime doesn't seem to have the same appeal as the more newer series do. In fact, one of my favorite anime series which is finally being released where I can buy it is Urusei Yatsura, and it's REALLY old. And alot of the old school stuff that Cartoon Network used to show is old, too. Bubblegum Crisis is pretty old.

That's the cool thing about old anime, they all have hairstyles to compliment the time period that they came from; example: Kei's hair in the original.

But Kei is not cuter than Yuri. I think her character is the one that was created to have a certain "fanservice" appeal. ^_~[/color][/size]

• 1 year later...
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]Has anyone heard of the Anime known as Dirty Pair? It's on Showtime Beyond semi-frequently. I looked through the first ten pages of this forum hoping to find a post about, but there wasn't one, so I made one myself. Anyway, I don't know al lot of people who have even heard of it. My favourite character is Kei. I think she's really funny!:haha: Please allow me to quote her from the episode: Gray Avenger.[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]Kei(shoots at wall with machine gun): Crap! This doors built like Yuri![/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]Yuri: What's that supposed to mean?![/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]Kei: It's really dense![/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]I found it really funny! Aw man, I've overused "funny."[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]Much Love,[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]The Former Spammer Shadow Wolf.[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff](emphasis on the Former part.)[/color][/font][/b]

Well, I'm not bothered by the nudity or anything of the such, but that seems to be the main selling point of the show. The women are always scantily clad, and a lot of times put in seemingly sexual positions. The story just kinda gets lost in there, not to mention it's going to kinda seem stupid when you see a group of children as terrorist who grope one of the agents of the Dirty Pair they capture later. That's kinda pushing it a bit don't you think?

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue][b]Yeah, that's true.:alcohol: So why Do I continue to watch it? I don't really know. And what's with Yuri's name? Maybe I'm just perverted, but doesn't Yuri's name have another meaning? I wonder if that was done on purpose Well, my grandmother and I are temporarily sharing a room, so she watches it with me, and she doesn't seem to mind it. Guess she thinks I'm mature enough to handle it.[/b][/color][/font]

It is true that the original Dirty Pair is treading on the thin line between Hentai and Fan service anime , yet it's not as bad in Dirty Pair flash. Sure there are quite a few perverted shots in it, It isn't as bad as some over animes (Kite for example).

I have noticed that Kei has an afro in the original and an annoying voice in Dirty Pair Flash, but these elements are not as annoying over time.

[quote name='Lime']I have heard of it, and seen pictures, but I have never actually seen it. I take it its a pretty funny show?[/quote]

Welcome to OtakuBoards, Lime. ^_^

Unfortunately, your post quality is sorely lacking. The next time you reply to a thread, I want to witness some kind of improvement. If you don't understand what you should be doing, please PM me or read our [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]rules.[/URL]

Shadow's Wolf and Sephy's_Grl, your posts are also less than adequate. However, Shadow's Wolf, I [i]have[/i] noticed that you're trying harder, and I appreciate it greatly. Just don't regress, okay?

All of you (including Daermon_Nashabe) need to work on your grammar and spelling. I'll be keeping a close watch on your activity.

~Dagger~

I never saw the the original dirty pair but read about it on the web but saw Dirty Pair Flash on the sci-fi channal. I gotta disagree with the Hentai stuff thought cause my friend loves hentai and hentai is a lot worse than that. Trust me! but it is definatly one for the guys cause Kei did look quite fetching ( No more said on that). A good anime thought. One of my favs actually.