OtakuBoards

Who all loves Techno, Electronica, or Classic Rock

James P. Galvatron

[size=1]I only like some Techno and the only reason I got into it was because I play DDR WAY too much. But yea some of my favorite songs from the game are "Whistle Song," "Max Unlimited," and "Burning Heat." So I do like some techno but thats basically it.[/size]

[quote name='Semjaza Azazel']This is like making a "Who likes Gangsta Rap and Country Western Music?" thread. Techno and classic rock are so different that I don't even know how to approach this thread. The topic is so broad lol.[/quote]
[font=Arial][size=3]LOL, at first I thought you wrote "This topic is so closed lol." guess I shouldn't skim ^_^'.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=3]GAWD, I LOVE The Whistle Song! it's so freaking addictive that I can do that sucker on Standard mode; that's sayin' something, considering I'm an uncoordinated dork -- imagine how many times I had to play that thing to get that far.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=3]other than that, the only techno I've heard is from Daft Punk, Moby, and Paul Oakenfold, all of which I love. oh yeah, and that DDR stuff, too. AFROMAN'll get stuck in my head for days. then again, I'm just calling all that techno because I don't know the difference between electronica and techno. but don't get technical on me. :mrt:[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=3]the only classic rock-ish CD I own is a volume of Queen's best hits. I pretty much only got it because it had Bohemian Rhapsody on it *meesh*. and I never end up listening to it much because while half the songs are really good, the other half bore me to death.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=3]yay.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Semjaza Azazel']This is like making a "Who likes Gangsta Rap and Country Western Music?" thread. Techno and classic rock are so different that I don't even know how to approach this thread. The topic is so broad lol.[/quote]

I know the topic is broad Tony, but would have rather had me make one for Techno, Trip Hop, and Electronica. Then go make one for CLassic Rock and groups that sound like the future of Classic Rock. I mean that would have been very time consuming and a waste of my typing skills so I decided to put it all together; sure the topic is broad Tony, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Well, I'll see what I can come up with.

Classic rock... It's hard to name several of the groups and musicians I like because they still regularly put stuff out. I mean, I know what classic rock is, but if I sit and think about it it gets confusing. Bad Religion, The Cure and Misfits have all been around since the late 70s/early 80s and does anyone think of them when they think "classic"? They're all rock when you get down to it -- mostly The Cure-- but it doesn't seem like they're thought of in that way. We're also at the point where 80s rock is being stuck into the "classic" section and I don't know what's worth it and what's not lol

David Bowie is an excellent example of someone who still puts out music regularly. Strangely, I don't hear anything of his (outside of Suffragette City and Under Pressure -- which is mostly considered a Queen song it seems) on the radio. I love pretty much his entire catalog.

I also love The Doors. I've been into them for several years now. I haven't been able to pick up all of their stuff, but if you're interested you should get the newest Greatest Hits they put out. It's remastered and Break On Through actually has something added back into it that was removed. My favorite songs of theirs are [I]Five to One[/I] and [I]Crystal Ship[/I].

I like Queen, but I feel they're really hit or miss. They have several songs that are amazing, a bunch of good ones and a substantial portion of songs I never want to listen to. I've always liked their song [I]Killer Queen[/I].

Yes is also awesome. If you can, get the 2CD Best of set they put out. Great stuff. I also like BTO, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Rush and some others.

My interest in electronic music kind of skews more towards the industrial and trip-hop side of things and I doubt any of that is worth mentioning in here.