OtakuBoards

Battle Royale: School's Out

Inuyasha Fandom

The group crowded around their previously missing companion. Many had stern faces yet Rodya could see the relief in their eyes. He however, was not as immpressed or happy to find Rayne after his little fight.

"You know, Rayne..........I believe we said before that we were going to kill as few people as possible. I don't mind killing a few in self defense...but these are other youths, students just like us. I just don't feel right going about it this way."

His angered Russian features seemed to be emphisized in the dim light. A few of the members drooped their heads, having a small taste of guilt. Syn and Rayne stared into Rodya's face, searching for something.

"We'll see what happens Rodya, then, maybe I'll take some crippling shots..."

With that said Rayne signaled the class to move out, in search of that something

Rayne's cold exterior belied his internal torment. He cared not for those whose bodies they had stepped over........but then again, he did. His mental strengths were being manifested in ways he dod not want to understand.

"Rayne, why are we down here????" asks Azumi. Rayne is silent. He has his head lowered, but he is not hanging it in shame. There were disturbances in this dried up muck, and he wanted to know why they were there.

Rayne's sensitive ears pivot, searching for sounds like radar. He could hear the scurrying rats as they hid from the class, but Rayne pays no heed to them. He stopps, hearing people talking in rapid egyptian.

"Rayne, why did you stop?" asks Rodya. Ignoreing him, Rayne hops down a shallow tunnel, and proceeds to examine the footprints. They lead right into the wall........

"Strange........." Rayne pounds on the wall, untill he finds the right spot. He punches it with all his might, and the wall litterally swings open.

After glancing at his knuckles, he ventures inside. His knuckles were fine, though a bit raw now.

The darkness seeps everywhere, but Rayne is unafraid. His complex mental state was in full throtle, and he was prepared for anything. HE comes to a vast underground sewage treatment plant, but he is not fooled.

"I...I've been here before." Rayne makes his way throught it all..........

"I'm amazed..... You made it this far..... but now you die."

Rayne whirls, and sees a man with a gun pointed at him. Rayne does a backflip to get behind a storage cask.

"Who are you???"

"A student."

Rayne growls, and moves quickly to get to safety. But, his moves are futile. He is trapped, as soon student suround him. But, Rayne is not daunted.

"Fools.......all of you..........." Rayne moves faster than they can comprehend, and pulls out a seemingly harmless dagger. He uses it to dismember them all, for it is not a dagger, but a kind of whip, or something. but Rayne does not escape unharmed. A bullet peirces his lower chest, as he escapes down the tunnel. He is soon staggering, and then passes out, falling to his knees, but he comes to, and stands, and takes it slowly. However, he is not done with his acrobatics yet.

His comrades are being horded, ready to be executed.He takes out the students before they can get a hit of, but on of them, with his last effort, pushed Azumi off a ledge into a huge lake sized treatment vat. At this hieght, she will surely die, if not drown. Rayne leaps at her falling body, and catches her, before landing on the edge of the vat. Azumi is smileing at him, but Rayne is not. He hollow eyes look back at her, seemingly wanting to say something.

"Rayne???" Azumi removes her hand from his muscular chest, feeling so even through his uniform. She feels her hand is wet......

Her eyes widen when she sees her palm covered in a thick liguid...............................Rayne's blood.

Rayne slumps forward, unconcious.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]my char is not dead!!!!!!!! he's just asleep........kind of.[/COLOR]

"That's gonna leave a mark." Syn quipped to try and lighten the mood.

"Syn! How can you try and make a joke about this? Don't you even care?!" Azumi screams at him.

"Look. The main way I deal with situations like this is to make light of the sitation itself. It's the one thing that keeps me sane. Unlike Mya over here with her meds."
Syn shot back.

"SYN!!!!"

"Somehow, the schmuck does have a point." Rodya added, "I mean, if we were all serious all the time, we'd be like the Egyptians or whoever else is here."

"Besides, he's probably had worse injuries. Eh, Rayne?" Mya joked. All the time cussing Syn out in her mind for the medicine crack.

"In any event, we may want to find an infirmary to get that patched up so it doesn't get infected or anything, right?" Azumi said, returning everyone to reality.

"Yeah, let's get going. We can't have Rayne die on us...yet." Syn said.

"SYN!!!!"

Mya lingered behind for a second and felt some thing grab her leg. It was one of the Egyptian students.Half dead blood pouring from his body. " tr..traitor." He managed to get out and let go of her leg. " I have no alliance with you or any of these countries who put us in this compatition." She snapped back and caught up with the others leaving the student to die. Rodya and Syn picked up Rayne and the group made their way out of the tunnel. They stoped at a shady spot under a tree after checking for other students." Anyone have anything to clean off the wound." Rodya said looking at the group.

Mya looked in her bag. " Uh I have some...bandages." " Bandages? So you just carry them around all day or what." Syn looked at Mya." Yes, actually... if you knew how my brother was you'd under stand why it became a habit." hands Azumi the bandages. Mya continued to look in her bag. " I don't think I have any thing else in there." " this will work" Azumi started to use some of the bandages to clean Reyne's wounds.

Mya sat up in the tree and watched for other students. " Hum, no one around so far." Mya jumped down from the tree. " So what do we do now?" She looked at Radya," Well wait for him to wake up I guess." he was looking at Reyne's injuries. Mya sat her back against the tree and thought about what the student had said and dismissed it.

Rayne growns, and Azumi puts her hand on his forehead, and he quiets down. "We need to get his body somewhere not so hard."

Syn agrees, and picks Rayne up, who was surprisingly light, even though he was so short. Rayne grunts, but remains unconcious.

Eventually, they put Rayne down on a child's bed, which they had seized in a house that they had broken into.

Rayne does not stir for hours. The others quietly talk, or sleep.

Syn looks out a window, watching for anyone.

Azimu, however, is playing with Rayne's hair. It was thick, and coarse, like animal fur. But Rayne isn't noticing. He sleeps on........Azumi whispers to him, so that the others couldn't hear. Buyt Rayne hears none of it.

But, Rayne does eventually wake up. He opens his eyes, but everyone but Syn and Rodya are asleep. Rayne's eyesmove, and he turns his head slightly. "Is he dead??"
Rodya asks, sounding unsure.

Syn snorts. "Yeah, right. He's awake."

Rodya seems to wheeze." Oh...."

Rayne is quiet. As always, he only obseves them.

Syn is upbeat. "You know, if you had died, you would have beeb out of our hair. Plus, that would be more money for the rest of the class."

Rayne is quiet, but speaks. "That's true."

Rodya is in silent anger. He wants to tel Syn to shut up, but he listens intently.

"You know, Rayne, you aren't at all what people say you are. You're a good person, despite your.........well, i guess it is a job."

"What....what do you mean?" Rayne is confused, and his voice makes him sound weak. Syn smirks. "You're pretty powerful......... Are you even human???"

Rayne is silent, afraid of the answer. But, after a long pause, he responds, sounding like he is about to cry.

"I don't know." Rayne slips back into sleep.

"God-damn people, am I the only one here who still has a sense of humor?" Syn remarked after hearing Rayne's last comment.

"I've had enough with your ****ing sense of humor, Syn! It 's that kind of attitude that's going to get us killed!" Azumi yelled back at him.

Syn thought to himself, "Man, she really cares for the poor kid." "Look," Syn started to say, "I...I guess I have been a bit annoying. I'm sorry."

Rodya's jaw dropped, "You..you're apologizing?"

"Tryin' to at least. Never really was that good at it. Excuse me." Syn walked out of the house they were in and sat beneth the tree where Mya was keeping watch.
"How long are you going to stay up there?"

No response.

"Hmm, musta fallen asleep. Guess I'll see how she's doing."

Syn climbed the tree. Upon reaching Mya's branch however, he felt a sharp pain in his groinal area where Mya kicked him.

"Syn, don't you know you're not supposed to sneak up on a girl like that?"

(Back in the house...)

"Azumi, don't you think you're being too short with Syn? Yeah, he can be annoying three-quarters of the time, but..." Rodya said before being cut of by Azumi.

"That man is a selfish, arrogent, low life, bounty hunting, piece of ****!" Azumi yelled. "That bastard needs to leave, for his own sake."

Azumi huffs, but says nothing more.

She turns her attention back to Rayne. She brushes his hair out of his face, and looks at him. Soon after, she blushes. Rodya notices this and cracks a smile.

"You really like him, don't you?" Rodya grins.

"What?! NO!!" Azumi blushes even more. "I just... I just....... I just want to cleanse his wounds."

Azumi is silent, and Rodya leaves, saying he will be back soon.

"I should get those clothes off him....." Azumi says. Smileing, she reaches to start undoing his uniform. Rayne's hand shoots out, clenching her arm by the wrist.

"No."

Gasping, Azumi tries to shake his grip, but it is like a vice. "Hey....... I ws just trying to get your shirt off. We have to get those clothes off, lest you get an infection!!!!"

"I'll do it later," he responds, not letting go."Come on!!!!" Azumi huffs. "that act is going to get you killed. I am going to get your clothes off, whether you like it or not!" Rayne is suddenly self concious, and thrust her hand away. He turns his head and looks at the wall. " Fine......... Do as you will."

Rayne keeps staring at the wall as she undoes his overshirt. The black fabric all but hid the blood, and it was only after touching it that she noticed it.

Rayne glances at her as she strips him of his shirt, and then makes his sit up to take off his undershirt, which was stained all over with a thick red liquid. Rayne secretly enjoy her touch, but would never admit it.

Azumi, however, was enjoying this just as much, if not more. Every time she touched his body, it sent hot shivers through her entire body, thrilling her. She had had a major crush on him for a long time, ever since he had shown up at her school, dark and myserious. She takes a deep breath, and begins to administer the bandages to his wound.The bleeding had stopped, but he was still very tender, so when he grimances, Azumi starts to touch him more gently, as sher thought about how this was the first time she was able to atend to Rayne so intamately, and how she would savor this moment.......

Mya removed her foot and rested it on the branch. "It doesn't take much to wake you does it." Syn twitches a little and sits on the branch. " I'm a light sleeper... sorry bout that." "It's okay." Syn rest his head against the tree. " So you plan on coming down any time soon?" "later... maybe in a couple of minutes. I just have this thing about people." Syn glances at her.

"Hum, and what?s that?" "I don't get along with others most of the time." She looks at Syn. " Didn't always use to be like this though. It's just the personality factor." Syn looks at her for once she seems to be happy and not as violent as before. Rodya walked out of the house smiling." well, I guess is time to get out of the tree." Mya said and jumped down and landed just a couple feet from Rodya.Then Syn jumps down.

" Rodya... Azumi's in their with Rayne right." Mya asked " yah why." " No reason." She now has a grin on her face. " Hum, Mya smiles well what do you know." Syn said looking at her. " What? shut up." She said playfully and then when back to being quiet. They talked under the tree for a good five minutes and then decided to head back to the house.

Mya's smile was simple to read. "No doubt those two had a girl talk about it heh" Rodya thought. They were just walking into the house when Rodya heard some rustling from behind.

He didn't bother telling Syn or Mya who were talking to each other. he simple strolled straight to a bush. The bush shook as its contents tried to flee. Rodya was too quick, however, and caught the frightened student by the collar. She tried to fight back, but Rodya simply lifted the skiny girl off her feet.

He came into the house still holding her in the same manner, as if she was a small kitten being held but the scruff of her neck she accepted it.

"Looky here, I found a rat."

Rayne and the group looked up staring at her trying to discern her nationality.

Rayne proped himself up on one elbow. "Well? who is she?"

"she's Russian even though she hasn't said a word." Pointing to a patch on her shirt* "That's a common fad in Russia now-a-days...plus i saw recognition in her eyes when she saw me."

"Well? What should we do with her?"

Rayne grimances. slightly scared. "I see..... She is a russian...."

Rayne takes a deep breath, and struggles into a sitting position. "I think we could tie her up.........." Rayne notes some ropes in a corner, but Rodya says no."We could let her go.......She is after all, a former country man of mine."

Rayne nods, but he talks quietly in russian to the girl, it was obvious that she couldn't undeerstand what they were saying.

[i] "We will not harm you, as long as you remein quiet and do not attack us."

"you're a monster." [/i] She says, and Rayne is taken aback. "She's not a student...... "

Rodya nods. "Yeah... her tone isn't something you'll find in a typical student here...."

[i]" ALL OF YOU ARE MONSTERS!!!!![/i] the girl screeches. [i]"ESPECIALLY YOU!!!!!!!!!![/i] she screams, pointing at Rayne.

The girl keep pointing at Reyne. Mya looked at Rodya and Reyne. She didn't now what was going on but she didn't think it was good from the exprestions on their faces. She leands against the wall.
" What she say?" She looked at the girl who was screaming like she was dieing or some thing.Every one looked at Reyne and Rodya who didn't responed. They were trying to figure out where she was from if she wasn't a student.

Mya got tired of waiting for them to respond and glanced out the window. " If shes around the area that means her class is too." Syn said looking at the girl who was yet again trying to get out of Rodya's grip."hopefully not." Azumi said looking out the window.Mya walks pass the door and fells some thing pinch her leg. But thinks nothing of it. Probably a bug she saids walked to a near by corner.

" Now, what are we gonna do about the girl?" Syn said looking at Radya. Who look like he was trying to think of an answer. Mean while the girl keep screaming and carrying on. Mya muttered some thing about the yelling and rolled her eyes.finally Reyne speaks." I guess we're gonna have to carry her with us for now." He said letting out a deep breath. Mya didn't care much about the girl the way she saw it they could do what they want with her. She looked at her leg.

Syn sat still for a few moments staring at the girl. "Wait a minute..." Syn said while looking at the collar placed around her neck. "Oh my god, I just had a flash of insight!"

"Are you sure it wasn't gas?" Mya asked.

"Very funny, Mya. As I was saying, why don't we look for some tools around here?"

"What the hell do you have planned?" Rodya asked.

"Here's the deal, we find some tools, say a screwdriver, hammer, yada yada yada, then I work on trying to get that collar of the crazy psycho *****. And no, I don't mean Azumi. If I do it right, we can get our ***** outta here, I goof and she's no longer a problem. What do you think?"