OtakuBoards

The user profile you were trying to access is currently turned off. :mad:

Guest Hamazakii

Guest Hamazakii
Hey all! Call me Zakii. :) I will be here on otaku for quite sometime. But..

Are any of you registered with myOtaku? I really would like to start messing with my profile/journal type thing... but, I keep getting this:

The user profile you were trying to access is currently turned off.

Except I cannot get the thing activated!

o0; I sound like such a n00b..

If you know please pm me or send an email to [email][email protected][/email] Or just post here. I dont mind. I just want to know.. -sighs-

It is a rather easy fix. Log into your myOtaku account, go to your backroom. Then, in the left navigation, click 'Edit Content'.

What you should see is:

[b][font=Verdana][size=2][color=#0066cc][Starter Options][/color][/size][/font][/b]
[font=verdana][size=2]By default, your myOtaku.com homepage is turned off. Turn it on if you'd like to use it - recommended. [/size][/font]

[font=verdana][size=2][b]Off or On?[/b][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2]Change Off, to On :D [/size][/font]

Guest Hamazakii
Oh. I also found out I was clicking the wrong button to update. Instead of clicking the button that says "update profile" I was clicking the one at the bottom! :o

Thanks bunches! :)

• 5 years later...
i tryed to find the [B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0066cc][COLOR=Black]Starter Options[/COLOR] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0066cc][COLOR=Black]i[/COLOR][COLOR=Black]n the[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=Black]Edit Conten[/COLOR][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana] menu [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0066cc][COLOR=Black]on[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0066cc][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0066cc][COLOR=Black]my otaku and i still can't find it [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2]perhaps it's been moved somewhere can anyone help, cheers. [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[FONT=Arial]Once you log in to MyOtaku, you should see a message that says "your profile has not been activated" or something along those lines. (I can't remember, what since I activated mine a few months ago and didn't think I'd need a screenshot.)

To fix this, follow the link given there and you should then be able to edit your MyOtaku as you see fit.

However, TheOtaku no longer fully supports MyOtaku. Except for members who had joined before the version shift, which occurred about a year ago, the option for using that system no longer exists. Instead, TheO has a Worlds system that can be used for personal blogging, group endeavors, community bulletin boards, or places to submit written works. While the layout isn't completely customisable, it's still rather a good alternative; better, some people might say.[/FONT]