OtakuBoards

=Final Fantasy Legends & Legacies: Crusaders of Crescence=

Sandy

[font= book antiqua]"It is time." Wedge spoke and took Biggs's hand and led him to the corner of which pressed their backs against the wall and began to whisper.

"Eh? Wedge, what's going on?" Biggs questioned, wiping sweat off of his forehead.

"That man you tried to reason with is here, and with companions. He shall be importa-- I mean, of aid to us." Wedge rotated his head quickly to face Biggs who had know placed on his goggles and then peeked around the corner to see a robed woman, the man they encountered earlier and a black cloaked figure, an assassin of some sort.

"Okay? So we just go and talk to him?" Biggs asked, beginning to stand straight again and also look around the corner.

"I'm afraid it won't be as simple. We are going to be attacked when we approach them." Wedge crept into the alley that led to the threesome and Moogle Mansion.

[i]Damn, I haven't finished my Model 6790 Rifle yet. Looks like it's time for these guys.[/i] Biggs thought and then clenched his metal-knuckled, black leather gloved hands.

The man followed his companion and looked up as the rainfall that had ceased earlier began to spray down again, creating puddles in an instant. "En garde!" Wedge called out causing the threesome to jump simultaneously.

[b]*Engaged in battle with Mertonian Knight guardsman*[/b]

[u]Party:
Biggs Clankheart - Level: 4 HP: 220 MP: 0 - Commands: Attack, Item, Blitz, Wedge, Go!

Wedge - Level: 4, HP: 278, MP: 5 - Commands: Attack, Rocket Fist, Blitz, Recharge[/u]

-----------

"Hey!? Aren't you going to help me?" The previously encountered Knight shouted to the assassin figure behind him.

"It's your battle, not mine." The assassin replied and backed away towards the woman who leant against the chocobo.

"Hmm, predictable, coming from a lowly, cruel man."

The conversation ended as the Knight whipped out his beautiful sword and charged at the aggresively stanced gadgeteer. Stepping aside, the swordsman ran past allowing the gadgeteer to inflict a below beside the left kidney area. Stopping, the swordsman held his blow which didn't increase heavy damage but stopped his charge. Paying 200 Gil into a slot into his mysterious sword, the swordsman slashed at the thigh of the gadgeteer inflicting a critical hit and added damage which cost the gadgeteer 79 HP. Yelling in pain, Biggs backed against the wall next to the Moogle Mansion, holding his bleeding wound as the swordsman approached him with the sword pointed at his neck, however, Wedge seemed to have been forgotten about. In the shadows, two yellow eyes glowed an angry red, revealing a four foot robot who ran straight into the swordsman and knocked him aside, cutting the skin of the neck causing a minor 5 damage.

"You shall pay for hurting my friend!" Wedge roared and called out, "Blitz!"
The robot reared both fists until they were thrown forwards still connected to the arms, and began to pummel the swordsman who was caught in the fast blows of the robot.

"Biggs! Assist me! You can carry out this move too!" Wedge rotated his head still pumelling the swordsman. Nodding in reply, Biggs ran behind the victim and called out a "Blitz!" Mimicking the his companion and began to beat as fast as he could while the metal knuckles dug into the leather section of the armour. All of a sudden, Wedge slowed down until he backed away and bent down.

"I must recharge." Wedge informed Biggs. "Recharge." Nothing seemed to occur except for fast pace beeps being heard, however, Wedge seemed to start regaining his energy, this cost 5 MP, reducing Wedge's HP to zero.

Out of breath, Biggs backed away from the winded and damaged swordsman, the attack seemed to have caused heavy damage to the swordsman. Yet, this didn't seem to the end. As Biggs reached into his pockets to try and find his single Item, the heavily breathing swordsman unleashed a war cry and hit the gadgeteer on the shoulder with his sword causing 34 HP to be lost. Dropping the potion which smashed upon the cobblestone street, the swordsman made a second blow into the right side of the injured gadgeteer causing 26 HP damage.

Still in consciousness but severely damage, Biggs fell to the ground slumped against the wall and breathing heavily as he watched his companion who's eyes glowed an angry red once more."Biggs!" He called. The swordsman however turned and unleashed a flurry onto Wedge, however, with a focused concentration, Wedge could be seen blocking every blow with his wrists, sparks flying as metal upon metal was caused. After all the hits, Wedge seemed to take only 17 HP damage. The swordsman backed away two steps to catch his breath while Wedge waddled over to his critical conditioned friend, however, the swordsman twisted around with his sword only to be met by an equally matched in strength guard.

The battle ended as the swordsman and incredibly angered and concerned robot stared eye to eye. "I will do all I can to protect my best and only friend." Wedge spoke, angered by the heavily breathing swordsman.

[center]*End of Battle! No EXP gained. 1 X Glass bottle shard gained.*[/center]

--------------[/font]

It took alot of thought for this battle. ^_~

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1]As it turned out, Lady Blanche did have a few important things to say. And as Ascencia half expected, most of what her mother said was not exactly music to her ears. Although she managed to control her temper throughout the ordeal, inside the Liaison was seething with rage. What made it worse, however, was that Ascencia knew her mother could see it. Lady Blanche had a way of getting under a person's skin, and she thrived there. Not even her own daughter was free of it, which sometimes hurt Ascencia more than she'd freely admit.

When she'd emerged from the parlor, her eyes as cold and sharp as the blade on [i]Briar Rose[/i], Ascencia glanced around the corridor quickly. The guards had wisely stepped to the side, avoiding eye contact with her - they had quickly grown to learn that meetings between the two women never went well, and acted accordingly. The other nobles offered her a few curious looks before settling back into their normal conversations with one another. Only Milod held her stare from his spot against a nearby column, lounging against it comfortably, his fingers petting the hilt of his sword absently.

Ascencia frowned slightly, perturbed, and then continued down the hall. She thought about her cousin and her new and sudden positioning within the world. How would Beatricia be taking to all this? [i]Not well, I'd imagine.[/i] Ascencia knocked her long, scarlet braid over her shoulder carelessly as she turned a corner, her feet leading her on their own to the family's private fencing quarters. Inveriably, this is where she always came after meeting with her mother, and it had become a sort of sick ritual. Along the walls, portraits of her family hung, both recent and past rulers. She wondered idly if her ancestors were just as insufferable as her mother was before pushing open the twin doors, the large rose emblem on the front breaking in half.

As she strode purposefully towards the center of the room, her hand gripped the hilt of her rapier so tightly that her fingers turnd white with tension. Most conversations with Lady Blanche seemed to end with the suggestion that Ascencia should focus more on getting herself a husband than uniting the Houses. What really upset her about their most recent conversations, however, was the fact that her mother was now giving her names. And the newest one she had cooked up wasn't even from Rosaria!

[i]Of all people,[/i] Ascencia thought bitterly, as she pulled [i]Briar Rose[/i] from her sheath slowly, [i]She picks the Queen's own son. Sweet Goddess, has she no subtility?[/i] She pointed the blade straight out at her side, then stepped slowly in that direction, spinning the sword into a striking position above her head as her knees bent, ready. [i]Surely[/i] Beatricia [i]would be the better woman for--[/i]

But she never got to finish that thought, for movement at the door caught her eye. As she straightened, lowering [i]Briar Rose[/i] to a diagonal tilt off the ground, Milod bowed deeply for her, and then turned and shut the doors behind him.

Arching an eyebrow at him, waiting for him to face her once more, she asked, "What is this?"

The smallest of smirks flitted across his features before he pulled out his own blade and approached her. When enough distance had been closed between them, he pointed his sword towards her and positioned himself so that only half of his body was presented to her. "Perhaps my Lady would enjoy venting her frustrations?"

Ascencia stepped back, raising her sword to his as she fell into proper fencing stance. "Touch only. If you cut me, I'll kill you," She warned lightly.

He bowed his head. "Agreed."

The sharp, grating sound of steel on steel began shortly after as Ascencia pushed forward, sliding her blade down Milod's swiftly. Her eyes had misted over and in them was no trace of her former anger and frustration - only a cold, calculated glint that always surfaced when a battle was at hand.

He jerked his sword up in response as he stepped back, then swung it back around swiftly. The two blades seemed to sing as they clashed together, sparking and reflecting light onto the walls so that the room around them danced in time with them.

She continued to push forward and Milod continued to remain on defense only. Her strokes were smooth and fluid and always sharp, and she moved with such a grace that she could have been dancing. More often than she cared to admit, her fencing style had been compared to her family crest - a pure, white rose. She was beautiful in her movements, but should you ever let that beauty enrapture your senses, the point of her thorns would swiftly knock you back into place.

Milod, however, was an able swordsman, and eventually he gave her more of a challenge. There was proof enough of his excellent training in his own steps, and Ascencia quickly had to change her attack to meet his powerful strokes.

"You've been practicing," He remarked, his eyebrows raising slightly as he narrowly missed a quick, unexpected swipe (albeit a playful one) at his shoulder. The attack left his front open, and the sudden flash in his dark eyes told her that he knew it.

Ascencia pursed her lips and responded by surging forward into him with her shoulder, knocking him off balance and sending his sword clattering across the floor. As he gave her a baleful look from his spot on his butt, she tapped the tip of her rapier against his nose. "Touch."

He averted his eyes, signaling his defeat. When she backed off, sliding her beloved [i]Briar Rose[/i] back into its sheath before going to retrieve his weapon, he merely brushed his white-blonde hair from his eyes and then pushed himself off the ground. He'd gained back his stoic demeanor by the time she'd turned back towards him and Ascencia almost sighed, then caught herself. [i]Damn this stiff, stuffy old house,[/i] she thought moodily as she handed him his rapier. [i]I will find no respite here.[/i][/size]

[FONT=Century][COLOR=RoyalBlue]"No! Stop it!"

The voice was Beatricia's, coming from behind Gale. He didn't take his eyes off the metallic being's yellow lanterns, but the tension eased. Finally Gale gave in.

"Alright, I won't hurt your friend, but you have to explain why you attacked us?" Gale demanded, but felt immediately foolish, when he remembered who - or rather, what - he was interrogating. [I]"Why am I talking to a machine?"[/I]

Meanwhile, Beatricia hurried to the Astenian boy - Gale remembered that the machine-creature had called him Biggs earlier - and used a "Cure"-spell on him. The boy rose up slowly, wiping dirt off his clothes and bag. Gale turned to face him.

"Go on, start talking!"

Instantly the machine was between them.
"It's alright, Wedge", the boy murmured. "I was acting foolishly..."

"I'm deeply sorry - ", Gale replied sarcastically. "- but we have no time for foolishness! We need to get out of this city unnoticed, and unless your metallic friend can fly us all over the wall and the Soulflow - which I highly doubt - you are on our way! Now scram it!"

"Tell him we know where his friend and the thief went!" Wedge said quietly to its master.

"But Wedge... we [I]don't[/I] know that!"

"Yes we do. Trust me."

The Astenian just shrugged, and turned to Gale again.

"We have some information I think you will find useful."

Gale studied the grinning boy carefully. "And what's the cost?"

Biggs glanced at his mechanical companion, and gave it a cunning wink.

"We want to come with you."

Gale was stunned. "But you don't even know us, or where we're going!"

"We don't mind - as you can see, we're not from around here. And whatever you're up to, it sure sounds interesting."

Gale sighed deeply, and then glanced at the Rosarians. Beatricia nodded approvingly, and Aster the Dragoon just smiled amusedly.

Suddenly there were loud noises echoing in the dark and quiet streets: shouts and marching footsteps. The guards had noticed their escape!
[/COLOR][/FONT]

The ship docked in the night. The harbor was peaceful and quiet, sleeping from the effects of the busy day. Port Junction had a new visitor - Serisay. Garbed in dark, plain, traveling clothes, her nondescript appearance had barely earned her a glance over the entire journey to the Troika Continent. She had attached herself to the entourage of the first ship leaving the Arch Continent, a small merchant vessel that had had room for a few passengers, and more money. Her travel costs paid in full, with bonus to the captain, Serisay had been asked no questions, and she hadn't invited any. The journey had been uneventful, but she was still relieved when her feet touched dry land.

The lights in Port Junction were bright; even at this time of night, a few people were still up, and jovial laughter occassionally rang through the quiet air. Not looking back at the ship, Serisay walked down one of the paths, following the brightly-colored signs to a place for lodging. Already she could feel herself getting sleepy, relaxed by the friendly atmosphere of the sleeping port.

Walking into one of the cheerful inns, she was greeted by a rosy-faced innkeeper, who gave her a small, cozy room for the night. Serisay locked the door of her room, and turned the lights off, gazing out the open window over the dark sea. She breathed in the smell of sea salt and citrus, closing her eyes as she remembered the dark outline of the palace. [I]My Emperor[/I]... Serisay's eyes opened, her eyes not seeing in front of her. Instead, she fingered the small baby-ring on the slender chain around her neck. The fine piece of rice paper lay in her pocket, folded carefully in a soft leather pouch.

"Duty..." she whispered to the night. Her breath came out in a quiet sigh. She realized the Emperor's message all too well. Only after fulfilling the requirements of duty, loyalty, honor, and bravery, could you ever hope to acquire trustworthiness, truth, happiness, and love. She bowed her head in acquisence, her mind turning over new thoughts, and still somber about being sent from the child she served. A wise child indeed...

Laughter from other rooms in the inn startled her. Serisay listened to the voices in the tavern below, and watched one across the street. People still lounged around, sharing their stories, and having perhaps one too many drinks. She smiled to herself, and then closed the window. [I]Time to get to sleep[/I], she thought to herself. She took the blankets of the bed, and arranged them neatly on the floor, laying down flat on her back, with her weapons close at hand. She closed her eyes, and tried to get some sleep.

Tomorrow, she would be in Miraclion.

[size=1]OOC: Sorry it's been a while since my last post, but I don't want to hog the RPG. Oh, and where's Jokopoko?

[color=DarkSlateBlue]IC:
Logan spun around, looking back down the alleyway. He thought he'd heard something.
'Hey, theif...did you hear that?' he said as he looked back to where he'd left the theif after defeating him in battle. The guy was gone.
[i]For the Trinity's sake! You turn your head for three seconds and they go and vanish on you! I [b]hate[/b] theives![/i] the angry mage thought.
He decided he'd go and check on what was making all the noise, so he got up and walked out onto the main street.
At one end of the street was the Moogle Mansion, the other end branched off in five directions. One led to the Temple, and Logan [b]definitely[/b] didn't want to go down there. The Queen probably had guards posted along all five of the streets Logan was facing, so he thought it best just not to go in that general direction.
He swung around and ran to the Moogle Mansion, not sure why he was being so hasty about it.
As he reached the large pink tavern/inn, Logan heard voices coming from a little further down the street to the left. He decided to follow them.
'We have some information I think you will find useful.' said one of the voices.
[i]Probably a young boy,[/i] Logan thought.
'And what's the cost?'
[i]It's Gale! What's he doing, bargaining with some kid?[/i]
'We want to come with you.' the boy-voice said.
[i]Hmm...where're you lot going then?[/i]
'But you don't even know us, or where we're going!' Gale sounded a little distressed or something. Maybe alarmed? Logan couldn't tell.
'We don't mind - as you can see, we're not from around here. And whatever you're up to, it sure sounds interesting.'
[i]Smart *** punk...not from around here either, eh? I've gotta go see what's happening[/i] were Logan's last concentrated thoughts before he rushed around the side of a building to where the voices had come from.
'Whoa! What the f---?!'
Everyone in the side-alley turned at the sound of Logan's surprised remark. They all had a weapon of some sort, and all were holding them at the ready.
'Logan! There you are!' Gale came over and brought Logan over to the group. 'You heard the guards, right?'
'WHAT?! Those are [b]guards?![/b]' Logan stumbled back. 'Man, you attract [b]way[/b] too much bad attention. I'm outta here!'
'Wait! We'll all go. We need to get out of the city, and fast. Where's that thief, Cortez?' Gale looked back down the way Logan had come.
'Uh...he....kinda got away. I think I know which way he went though.' Logan winced in wait for the scolding Gale was bound to give him.
'Good enough,' Gale turned around to the group, 'Who's going to go with Logan to find Cortez?'
There were murmers from the group.
'You decide' said a royal-looking girl from the House of the White Rose.
'Ok, fine...' said Gale, and he quickly thought about it.[/color]

OOC: There's how Logan joins up with the group. Sage, I'll PM you about my next post.[/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
Rakurai sat cross-legged on the small lock out post on top of the small machina-buggy, frowning as he watched the worm sink right back into the sea of sand,? Damn it,? he muttered, getting to his feet to grasp the railing around him.

?Ya think its gonna come get us?? Jinrai asked, while still driving the buggy.

?What the hell kind of question is that?? snapped Funrai.

?Of COURSE it?s going to come at us! But the thing is, we don?t know when, or how!? Kenrai spoke, looking back as well, to see if the worm was coming.

?Bah!? Rakurai grunted, while being handed a pair of binoculars,? If it comes, let it come! That thing has been stolen from us for the last time!?

All four of his men looked up at him as he spoke, he, looking out to see something move a few inches behind him,? Kenrai! Tell Jinrai when to move! We can?t defeat this thing if we are just sitting here like children! Funrai and Banrai! You two man the machina?s machine guns!?

Rakurai threw the binoculars into the backseat of the buggy, before picking up Kali-Yuga and smirking,? Oh, and Kenrai, you?d best be ready to aid us with potions, because we are not leaving until one of us are dead!?

His men gulped at this, they had never tried to defeat this beast, for the other members of the group tried and died while trying. It was only once that Rakurai came to defeating this enemy, that was until the worm did something weird with the sand around them, separating them. Rakurai could feel it coming, the furs on his hands slowly standing as the battle sensation came over the half beast boy. The grin that was upon his face grew, eyes seeming to burn with the heat of the anticipated battle.

?Here it comes! Stir to the left Jinrai! NOW!?

[b]*Engaged in battle with Giant Sand Worm*[/b]
Party-
Rakurai- Level 6 HP 295 MP 40 Commands Attack, Rod Arts, Black Magic, Item
Gunner 1 (Banrai)- Level 4 HP 205 Commands Attack, Machina Acts, Item
Gunner 2 (Funrai)- Level 4 HP 204 Commands Attack, Machina Acts, Item
Bandit (Kenrai)- Level 4 HP 206 Commands Item

The small buggy was quickly moved to the direction of which Rakurai told Jinrai to turn, and to the side of them now was the large sand worm. Swimming in the sand as if it were a snake swimming within water. This battle began with the worm, it doing some sort of spell that made some sand coat its top layer, maybe to bring down the amount of damage that was going to be dealt to it.

?Jinrai! Pull in!? Rakurai yelled, and once he said this, the small buggy came closer to the worm, giving Rakurai the amount of space he needed for an attack.

Leaping off of the small look out, Rakurai landed a crushing blow with his rod onto the worm?s eye, blinding it for a bit. Pushing off from the hard shell of the worm, Rakurai landed right back into that small look out post. Gesturing with one hand, the young half-beastman boy commanded Funrai to attack, he taking aim and firing a round of shots at the worm. As the small bullets of the machina?s machine-gun hit the worm, some of the sand that was protecting it was knocked right off its slimy large body. Even more of the sand would be knocked off, for Banrai shot a few more rounds at it.

Kenrai simply sat there, having nothing to do but watch and be ready to throw his companions a potion if they needed it. The worm couldn?t do anything at the moment, it still being blinded by the attack that was sent by Rakurai. Unlucky for the worm, for the buggy swooped in and gave Rakurai to do another attack! The half-beastmen launched right off the look out, and this time landed right on top of the worm?s slick body.

Rakurai had to bore his feet into the worm, just so he could get a clean hit by slamming the top of Kali-Yuga into the worm?s second eye, this would keep him busy so they would have time to remove the layer of sand on top of its body. Sweeping in once more, the buggy got close enough to the worm for Rakurai to jump right back onto the look out, in which he did.

Once again, Rakurai gestured to both Banrai and Funrai, who both seemed to be loading some sort of weird bullet into the machina?s machine gun. Kenrai once again, sat there watching like an innocent child, having nothing at all to do but just wait. Now, the worm would attempt to ram itself into the buggy, but as it came straight at the five, the buggy stopped sharply. The worm now going right pass them and now where on the left of them.

Jinrai hit the acceleration once more and caught up with the worm, both of the gunners rotating their weapons so it would be facing the worm. But Rakurai, he?d be launched into the rail that sat in front of them, then to the one behind him because of the sudden stop and then go. Coughing a bit, he?d look down at Jinrai,? Ya mind tellin? a me when your gonna do that?? complained Rakurai, as he picked up Kali-Yuga once again.

?If I did that, we?d be dead,? argued Jinrai being ready for anything the worm was going to do.

The battle continued, the buggy getting closer so Rakurai would once again land a blow to the worm?s body, this time, a bit of blood flew from the worm. Now, it was Banrai?s turn, he using a special flaming bullet to send a flaming shot right through the worm. Then, Funrai did the same thing, but sent a bullet that consisted of a water element, which seemed to take out more damage. Kenrai looked as if he was ready to do something, but the worm disappeared in the sea and sand.

Rakurai looked around, wondering where that huge monster ran off to, maybe that had won the battle? But it was wrong for him to get ahead of himself, so, he gripped around Kali-Yuga tighter, before concentrating, to try and hear where the monster would strike next. His eyes, would shoot open, he looking down yelling,? Its under us!?

But before Jinrai could react, the buggy was flipped over, flying high into the air. The spins the buggy were doing were uncountable, it, hitting right into the sand kicking up some of it. Once the sand in the air came back to its sea, the bandits were seen, laying on the ground looking as if they were knocked out. This would only last for a few seconds, Rakurai getting to his feet the fastest of the five, only to see the worm swimming right at them! Mouth wide open, showing its unbelievable sharp fangs.

?Rakurai!? Kenrai yelled, throwing a grenade toward him,? Hit it into its mouth!?

Looking up at the thing coming at him, Rakurai wouldn?t hesitate, swinging his rod right at the thing; he?d knock the small contraption into the worm?s mouth. It only took a few seconds, before the grenade within the worm exploded, defeating it!
[b]*End of battle. 126 exp gained, 50 gil gained, 0 items acquired*[/b]
[/color] [/size]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Century]Gale looked at the four people - five, if you counted the machina creature - who had suddenly become his companions. Everybody looked at him expectantly - well, except Aster, who still had his amused smile on him.

It was apparently up to him to decide how they would divide. They couldn't just all go after Cortez, because the guards would spot them at any second. They needed to split up. But how?

The idea cleared up in his mind.

"Alright, here's how we're going to do: Biggs and Beatricia will go with you, Logan, to find the thief. Apparently the machine... uh, Wedge knows where Cortez is. Beatricia needs protection from this Aster-guy, and I need somebody powerful to aid me in distracting the guards. Remember that Rosaria is to the west, so when you find Cortez, tell him to direct you to a tunnel leading to that direction. Me and Aster will head that way too, because Aster's chocobo is there - it might become useful during our trip. Is everything clear?"

"But..." Beatricia said worriedly. "How will we find you?"

"Don't you worry about that. Just go now, quickly!"

Gale stayed behind with Aster to watch as the three humans and the robot dashed away. Then he turned to the dragoon, nodded to him, and unsheated the Gilventure, as the guards surrounded them.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=DarkSlateBlue]Chaos seemed to be all around them.
Logan was at the back of the group, making sure Beatricia didn't get hurt or anything of the likes, and both of them were following Biggs and Wedge. At least someone knew where they were headed.
'Hey, where exactly is it that we're going uh....Wedge was it?' Logan called to the front of the group, spinning around one of the many alleyway corners that seemed to jump out from every direction.
'Yes, correct, I am Wedge,' said the machina, which seemed to have an inexhaustable supply of energy or [i]something[/i] that kept it going. 'I am currently locating Cortez's exact current location, and tagging his signature so we may continue to follow him, until we reach him.'
'But where [b]is[/b] that?!' Logan was getting frustrated. He stopped and stood there stubbornly.
'Wha--- wait up you two! Whatshisface decided to take a rest stop!' yelled Beatricia.
'Maybe you could tone it down a little there B, or the guards'll hear you and come running.' muttered Logan.
'What did you say?'
'Oh nothing...'
Biggs and Wedge came back down to where Logan and Beatricia were having their little fight.
'Um, do you guys think that maybe we could, uh, get going?' asked the boy.
'What's the rush? Gale and Aster've got things handled back out on the main street, so all we have to do is follow this "signal" that robo-guts over here has found. I don't like running blindly down dark alleys anyway, something dodgy always pops up.' Logan finished explaining to the other three.[/color]

OOC: It's a bit short, but I've been dying to post. I would have expanded on it, but Wedge is the one who knows where Cortez is, not Logan.[/size]

Aster drew out his lance and gripped it tightly as the guards were slowly surrounding him and Gale. He turned his head to see Gale unsheathing his sword.
?So what?s the plan?? Aster asked.

?We need to distract the guards until Logan and the others find Cortez. For now we need to fight our way through these guards and distract them until the others find Cortez,? Gale explained.

?Once they find him we'll regroup with the others and Cortez will lead us through the underground tunnels out of the city. Hopefully they'll find him before the royal guards, or even the Templar Knights arrive. The Queen would definitely send them after us once the news reaches her. So are you ready??

?Of course,? Aster simply answered.

*Engaged in battle with Mertonian guards*

[U]Party:
Gale ? Level: 5, HP: 250, MP: 25 ? Commands: Attack, Sword Art, Paysword, Item
Aster - Level: 5, HP: 300, MP: 10 - Commands: Attack, Jump, Dragon Soul, Item[/U]

[I]Two guards confronted Gale and Aster, their weapons drawn. Both Gale and Aster charged toward one of the guards and swiftly attacked him, killing the guard with their combined attacks. The other guard slashed Aster from behind, causing a critical hit. Soon another guard appeared and attacked Gale, but he quickly blocked it.

?Keep them busy,? Aster said as he crouched to the ground.
?Where are you going?? Gale asked.
?Don?t worry,? he answered as he suddenly jumped high into the air.

Gale didn?t know what he was doing but he had no choice but to go along with it. He used his Paysword ability and attacked the guard in front of him, putting him in a near-death state.

The other guard was about to attack, but suddenly a lance pierced through him and Aster appeared again, pulling his lance out of the guard?s body and jumped back to his original spot as the guard fell to the floor, dead. The remaining guard attempted to use a potion to cure his wound, but Gale was able to inflict the finishing blow before he got a chance.

?For a second there I thought you left me to fend for myself,? Gale said, relieved.
?Like I said, you just have to trust me. Get ready, more are coming!?

Four guards appeared and surrounded them both. Two of the guards attacked Gale and one of them was successful but Aster stabbed the other guard in the back before he could attack Gale, causing a critical hit. Gale soon followed and slashed the same guard, defeating him. The other two ran toward Aster, and he was able to block the first guard, but the other one was able to slash him.

Gale sneaked behind one of the guards and used the Sword Art, Slam, dazing him. Aster stabbed the dazed guard, killing him. The final guard attacked Gale after he used the Sword Art, and was successful, but Gale retaliated with the Counter ability, and made was able to slash the guard. Aster soon followed and stabbed the guard with his lance, defeating him. The battle ended with Gale having 232 HP and Aster 268 HP.[/I]

*End of Battle. 70 EXP gained, 240 gil gained, 2 potions acquired*

After defeating the guards they had made a clearing for the to escape.
?Come on!? Gale said, running ahead. Aster soon followed after him, and the guards began to chase after them.
For a few minutes they kept to the streets but eventually decided to make their way through the alleys in an attempt to lose them. Eventually they stopped to catch their breaths and realized that the guards were no longer following them. They were about to continue until they suddenly heard footsteps behind them.

They both turned to see a small group of soldiers walking toward them. Gale muttered a curse under his breath.

?Templar Knights,? Gale simply said. Suddenly they stopped a few steps in front of Gale and Aster, and moved out of the way as another Templar Knight who was donned in a different armor then the others, walked past them and stood in front of them. Gale?s eyes widened in surprise to see him.

?F-father.?

OCC: There. Edited like you asked me to.

OOC: Ok, I'm tired of sleeping - the night is so freakin long! So you're all going to Rosaria? Perfect time to kill the queen.:)

IC:

Serisay awoke from her light sleep a few hours before dawn. Even though the sun hadn't risen yet, the sky was already lightening, the peppered stars fading. It was her favorite time of all... when the sun was still down, hiding its face from the world, but still providing a hopeful color to the dark night. It was a time when all things joined - the night, the stars, the moon, the sun, the day, the clouds...everything met at this point. It was like the very moment of change, where the mysterious ways of the world could be observed, studied. Would she ever find the answer to the mystery? She shook her head; she didn't even know what her question was.

The moment passed, and the sky was growing slowly brighter, now a dark gray. The stars had receded into their far-off galaxies, not to be visible again until the night fell. The birds were awakening, murmuring in their quiet titters. It would still be a while before they started their trilling morning songs, incessantly chattering over their breakfast foraging. [I]Time to leave[/I], Serisay thought to herself, and got up from the floor. Silently, she reassembled the blankets on the bed, and gathered her belongings. With her cloak to shield her from the morning chill and dew, Serisay silently left her room, closing the door softly behind her. Searching around downstairs, she found the money box that the innkeeper kept, and left her bill there, also leaving a note that she had gone. No need for the innkeeper to worry about if she had paid or not - that would only keep her in memory longer. No, for this...she needed stealth, the ability to come into the corners of people's lives..and not be noticed. The sooner she was forgotten here, the better.

Walking out on the silent streets, Serisay breathed in the crisp air, fresh and scented with sea salt and citrus. She made no sound as she walked, and quickly made her way through the port city, the morning calling her to every possibility of the oncoming day. [I]But not yet...[/I] she thought to herself. [I]Duty first...and then, afterwards...perhaps I will be able to answer morning's quiet call.[/I] But first, to Miraclion. And the Queen. And...death.

OOC: How long is it from Port Junction to Miraclion?

OOC: It's about half a day's journey from Port Junction to Miraclion. There is a wide and straight road between them, so there should be no trouble in traveling.

I want everybody to notice this fact, though: there is ONLY one official entrance to Miraclion, and it is on the south side (the road from Port Junction starts there). This is because of the IMPASSABLE Soulflow (one can't even touch the water without the deceased attacking). The only other way to the city is the way of the criminals: they have built secret tunnels under the Soulflow, connected to the sewage-system. At this moment Logan, Biggs (&Wedge) and Beatricia are seeking Cortez, who knows the tunnels. Gale and Aster are distracting the guards, but they will later join the others (when the others have found the tunnels).

On with the game! (And off with my perfectionism. ;) )

[FONT=Century][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Sir Armus approached his son like a thunderstorm.

"Where is she? Answer me! What did you do to the Holy Heir?"

Gale felt his heart racing as he confronted his father's thundering glare.

"We are taking her away. She doesn't want to become a Queen."

Gale wondered where he'd find the courage to say something like that to his father.

"It is not up to her to decide, son - and it certainly isn't up to you, either! Now show me where she is, and I'll consider talking to the Queen, so that she won't punish you."

The Templar Knights approached Gale and Aster, encircling them.

The dragoon leaned closer to Gale.

"I have a plan..."

"I won't fight my father!" Gale gasped.

"You don't have to do that. Just jump on my back."

"What?!"

Armus got frustrated.

"How is it going to be? Will you surrender, or will we take you down? The girl cannot escape on her own."

Gale glared him opposingly.

"It's neither!" With a fast turn he hopped on Aster's back, clinging to his neck, and the dragoon bounced off the ground using his magical lance.

The stupefied Knights - along with Gale's father - were left far below, on the ground.
[/COLOR][/FONT]

OOC: Remember, Sic, that you can't just jump over the wall because of the Soulflow, alright?

EDIT: Attached a map of the northern regions of Mertonia. The tunnel the main party is going to use will lead to the Weeping Forest, which has blue-leafed vegetation, lots of ponds, and blue crystals rising from the ground. Please use this info when posting! ;)

Kaeli, more absorbed in thought than usual, looked down the brightly lit corridor of sunlight creeping up from the horizon, giving light to the streets of town below. Sitting on the roof of her shop, she shivered slightly as the cool morning wind stung her face, and wrapped herself more tightly in her cloak. Kaeli could see some of the fishermen heading out to make their early catches of the day, and some of the other merchants getting up extra early so that they could set up in good booths in the town center. Kaeli smiled as she looked out towards the sleepy town, ready to explode with life at any moment. The roofs, all in different colours of tile, and the beautifully paved streets, etching pictures into the earth, and the occasional plant or statue to give that sense of beauty to the nearly lifeless streets. Absorbed in these thoughts, Kaeli jumped and nearly fell of the roof when she saw Rin-sensei sit down next to her.

"Ah! Master!" She cried out in surprise, "You scared me!"
"I'm sorry, child, I have a bad habit of doing that sometimes." Rin replied, smiling, but looking unusually tired. Kaeli moved over slightly and let Rin sit down next to her.
"Kaeli, do you come up here often?" Rin asked, sounding oddly reminiscient.
"...Yes...The city does look really nice like this, before the work day starts." Kaeli replied sheepishly, slightly shy from all these questions.
"Well, I think that if you were to open your own store somewhere, you could someday create a marketplace as beautiful as this." Rin answered dreamily, Kaeli looked at him.
"Do you really want me to leave that bad?"
"That is up to you, child, but I just see so much youth and energy in you that it seems a shame for you to stay here and grow old in a place like this where nothing new happens." Rin said, almost sadly, Kaeli looked at the ground.
"I suppose you're right...the job has been getting a little old lately." She replied, ashamed. Rin smiled at her.
"There's nothing to be worried about, child. You are like me, you have the soul of an adventurer, the blood of a nomad, you have no cause to stay here and life such a tiring life." Rin replied earnestly, looking at his protege.
"If you have a dream, then you should chase it. I dreamed of coming here to find a job, and look, I have a beautiful shop, lots of rare goods, and a beautiful young lady who helps me." Kaeli smiled and blushed.
"Don't let who you are dictate what you want, child. If you ever want to go somewhere, you should go, and I'll do everything I can to support you." Rin replied, and Kaeli stood up. A new life seeming to run through her.
"Ok!" She answered, eyes sparking, she was shaking, but she seemed sure of herself.
"I'll go find somewhere else to work! I'll see a beautiful world where every day I can watch the sunrise from a new place! I..."
"Wonderful, child!" Rin interrupted. "I have just the gift for you, then!" Rin, without warning, dashed off the roof and ran back inside the shop. A moment later, he came out, producing a small key.
"Come quickly! I have something for you!" Rin called out, dashing off. Kaeli scrambled off the low roof, and began a mad chase after her master, as he led her through the winding streets of town, seeming unusually young again. Kaeli, being a speedy young girl, managed to follow, but only just, as her master eventually led her to an older building outside of town...

"Oh..." Kaeli gasped as her master opened the door of the building, revealing it's tall, birdlike occupant.
"It's beautiful." Kaeli enthused as she petted the chocobo's beak, and it cooed affectionately. Rin smiled.
"A parting gift, so that you may find a road to your destiny with greater ease." Rin answered, almost poetically. Kaeli swung one leg over the chocobo's back, and mounted it effortlessly, it didn't move.
"Thank you, master!"
"You have no cause to call me master, chi...and I have no cause to call you child, either!" Rin replied with a small laugh. Kaeli laughed too, but Rin's face moved back to seious.
"Make me proud, Kaeli." Kaeli smiled at her former master, and the chocobo took a few steps out of the stable, and the sunlight shone in their faces.

"Goodbye, master..." Kaeli said, tears sunning down her face. Rin frowned.
"Do not say it with such finality! There is no reason to be sad today..." Rin began, but Kaeli smiled.
"I'm not sad, I'm very happy you would do this for me." Rin stopped, and then smiled lightly.
"Of course, how could I forget..." He began, but then cut himself off.
"Kaeli, the path of life has many different branches, none is the right way, none is the wrong way, but you can only choose one at a time, and wherever it leads you, you must find the opportunity to be strong and happy." Rin recited solemnly. Kaeli looked ahead at the road, as she now had the choice to head down this path to Mertonia, or to turn around and walk through the city in search of another road. Kaeli looked ahead, and stared at the road. Without a second look, the chocobo raced down the road to Mertonia, leaving Rin to recede back into town. Kaeli looked down at her chocobo, and noticed for the first time, that it seemed to be carrying a large load. She looked over and saw a few bags, some containing money, others containing trade goods. Kaeli smiled and looked back in the direction of town, Rin being just a tiny dot now. She turned back and raced in the direction of the new land, ready to find her destiny...

[COLOR=TEAL][SIZE=1][B]Is there was one thing Cortez hated, it was behaving like an amature theif and what he was currently doing has incredibly amature, but it ahd to be done. [I]'This is defenitly not my style'[/I] He thought as he ran though the twisting and turning tunnels that the other 'theives' had sent up in order to get in and out of Miraclion undetected but, always the master, Cortez had little time for these tunnels as he had little fear of detection, with the exception of tonight of course. Getting himself caught had been clumsy and now he was reduced to this. not wanting to risk being spotted by Logan or Gale he had been forced under the city to tunnel system but at least, he thought, no one but I theif could navigate these tunnels so he should be safe.

After a few more minutes running he stopped under a drainage cover and got his barings with the compass Yang had given to him. [I]'Okay....I should be under the Hangman Pub right now so I should lie low here for a bit, the landlords a friendly to our kind anyway'[/I]. Quickly climbing the makeshift ladder made by the tunnels assorted constructors and he was on the streets of Miraclion once more and made his way swiftly to the enterance of the Hangman. Walking inside you could instantly recognise this as a thieves haven, dark corners and very little light and very few questions asked, Cortez walked to the bar and order himself a class of Miraclion Vodka and took a seat in the corner which was far enough from the door as not to be easily spotted but with a clear line of sight incase it was someone Cortez was not inclined to stay in the same building with. Taking a swig of his Vodka he quietly counted his takings from the nights action as well as keeping a well trained eye upon the door at all times.[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Century]Gale and Aster landed silently several blocks away from the Templar Knights.

"Let's not make this a habit. You're heavy", Aster said with a smirk.

Gale rewarded him with a murdering glare. But he had to admit that he'd begun to trust this dragoon, that even though he had been on a mission to kill Beatricia, he was just fulfilling his orders - just like Gale had been. He realized that they both had defied their authorities, that they were in a same position. Only that Aster had a good reason for defying orders, and Gale did not.

"Was that really your father?" Aster asked suddenly, as they continued to walk westwards on the dark streets.

"Yes, I am the son of the mighty sir Armus of the Templar Knights. Little good it has done to me..."

"I know what you are thinking. The common people think that us belonging to the nobility have everything in order, but carrying the responsibility is hard. My own father wouldn't be very satisfied with my current job as a freelancer for the Rebellious..." Aster ended his confession to a faint laughter.

Gale couldn't even look at the man. Strange feelings boiled inside him. Had he found a... soulmate?

"Hey! There they are! Catch them!"

Gale was snapped out of his contemplations by two Royal Guards rushing towards them. Gale realized that they were near Jaide Palace, and the chocobo they were fetching.

But first, they had to get rid of the guards they were confronting.

*Engaged in battle with two Royal Guards*

[U]PARTY:
Gale ? Level: 5, HP: 232, MP: 25 ? Commands: Attack, Sword Art, Paysword, Item
Aster - Level: 5, HP: 268, MP: 10 - Commands: Attack, Jump, Dragon Soul, Item[/U]

[I]Gale and Aster were ambushed, so the Royal Guards had the initiative. They both attacked different targets, but Aster evaded. Gale, however was hit with a stunning effect.

Aster used one of the potions they had received earlier on Gale.

"Thanks", Gale whispered. Then it was his turn to act. Gale charged the Gilventure by feeding it some gil - not much, though, because his purse was rather empty.

The Guards attacked again, both at Gale, but this time Gale countered. Aster used his amazing jumping ability, and disappeared from the battle. This startled the guards a bit, but they recovered soon, when Gale slashed the other with his boosted sword. The Royal Guard fell to the ground.

This made the other guard furious.

"You betrayed your country! You betrayed your Queen! Die!"

But at that moment Aster returned from his aerial trip, and pierced the guard with deadly force.[/I]

*Battle won. 100 EXP gained. Gale level up to LV 6 (HP:300 MP:30). Aster level up to LV 6 (HP: 350 MP:15). 1000 Gil gained. 2xPotion gained.*

"Good work. And... thanks again." Gale muttered.

"You aren't blushing, are you?" Aster said, lifting his eyebrow.

"No!"

Gale's embarrassing moment was saved by sound of somebody running with great speed down the streets. The two raised their weapons in battle stance, but soon lowered them as they saw who - or rather, what - the comer was.

"I bet that's you chocobo, right?" Gale asked Aster, who nodded and rushed to meet his loyal steed.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

OOC: Sic, I'll leave it up to you to decide the color and the name of your chocobo (so please post quickly so I can post again! :sweat: ).

OOC: the chocobo is a normal yellow one and I?ll just name him Boco, for the lack of time and imagination.
Aster stopped as the chocobo began to walk slowly toward him, and let out a cheerful ?kweh? seeing his owner. Aster smiled as he stroked Boco?s neck. He then motioned Gale closer and then quickly mounted Boco, and Gale soon followed, gripping Aster?s waist.

?Ready?? Aster asked.
?Yes,? Gale answered, his nervousness apparent in his voice.

Just as Gale said that, they heard more of the royal guards appear and saw they had quickly surrounded the area. Aster didn?t seem the least bit worried. He even let out a small, amused laugh. At that moment he tugged on Boco?s reins.

?Let?s go Boco!? Aster yelled, and Boco let out a loud cry as it rushed toward the guards. The guards were a little surprised, until suddenly Boco jumped over them all and ran through the streets as the guards attempted to follow them.

OOC: Alright, the survival of this game is now up to THREE people: if inti, Zidargh or Jokopoko won't post soon, my [I]precious[/I] (saying it like Gollum) game will die out! So... please?

[FONT=Century][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
"So, Boco, huh?" Gale asked amusedly, when he and Aster were racing through the empty streets of Miraclion on the Rosarian's chocobo.

"I didn't give him the name, trust me. But he's a loyal steed despite the name - the most reliable chocobo in the whole stables of Camelot."

"Not very fast, thoug, is he? With this speed, the guards will catch us by foot."

"I highly doubt that. Go, Boco, go!"

"Kwark!!"

The yellow chocobo dashed to a run. Suddenly there were two City Guards on the street ahead of them, but Boco courageously ran them over.

Then Gale realized that they had arrived to the main street leading to the Euphony Street and the Temple. They had made a full circle around the city!

The chocobo seemed as astounded as Gale, as it made a sudden stop. There wasn't a soul in sight.

"Alright, where to now?" Aster asked whispering.

"We need to find the others. They must've found Cortez by now, and are probably on the sewage system too. As soon as we find them, we can leave this accursed city behind..."

Gale's murmuring was interrupted by a ghastly, spine-shivering sound coming from the Temple's direction. The Euphony Tree was shining more brightly now, an eerie green light, more than just reflection of the light of the moons at the sky.

As Gale and Aster turned their looks on the Temple up the street, they saw three glowing figures flying out of the dome.

"What are those?" Aster asked with just a touch of fear in his voice.

"Waltzes!" Gale gasped, as he knew very well what the figures were. "The Queen has released the Waltzes on us!"

As he spoke, one of the glowing figures spotted them, and twirled down on them from the nocturn sky. It was wearing a long, black robe, and it had black raven-wings. It's eyes were two burning balls of fire.

"It saw us! Now we really have to get out of here!" Gale said in the verge of panic.

"Can't we fight it?" Aster asked, as Gale's nervousness spread to him as well.

"Fight a Waltz? Are you insane?! Let's go already!!"

Swiftly Aster turned the Boco around, and they rode it back to the narrower streets. But the Waltz was gaining in on them.
[/COLOR][/FONT]

OOC: Inti, Zidargh, Jokopoko... Save us!!!

OOC: Right this is an OOC post, sorry to dissappoint you. I am involved in a stage play at the moment and I have had no free time whatsoever, I apologise for my inactivity. As I say, people keep depending on me, please do not put the responsobility on my characters this much again Sage as it isn't fair. I will post as soon as possible, but this play is my first priority for career experience. I will post very soon. I apologise.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
Rakurai in his small squad of bandits flipped the machina-buggy over, and then put all the supplies that flew out of it back into it. Rakurai returned to his position on the small look out, a loud sigh coming from him,? Well, let?s return to base neh??

?Hold on boss,? Funrai spoke, while walking over to the dead worm, and then examining the teeth of the worm.

?What are you doing Funrai?? Jinrai asked, already ready to leave.

?If we could knock out those small teeth that line the inside and the outside of the worm?we could probably either sell them for a lot of money?or we could create stronger weapons with them??

?Then go ahead then,? ordered Rakurai, while laying down on the look out, arms behind head and looking up into the sky.

Groaning, Jinrai, Kenrai, and Banrai jumped out of the buggy, and walked over to the worm, where they started to knocked out its teeth and put them into a small bag.

?Hell, we better get this done before sun down?I don?t wanna be this far away from the base during night time?? muttered Kenrai.

It took Rakurai?s little squad a long time to salvage the teeth of the demonic worm, the sun almost about to set and nighttime almost coming. But they did it, although it took longer than they had expected. Running into the driver?s seat, Jinrai stepped on the acceleration and off they went, in the direction of their base.

?Just think of what the boys?ll say once we tell them that we defeated the worm that has been givin? us problems!? Kenrai spoke, while closely looking at the teeth they got from the worm.

?Yea, yea, things should move more smoothly now. Unless them Archabad guards come with an elite force,? assumed Funrai.

?Meh, let them come,? Rakurai said, sitting up to watch the sun, as it turned the sky a yellowish orange color while it descended down the hills of sand,? We?ll simply send their souls to the neither world and plaster their bodies inside their city.?

?Whoa, Rakurai, calm down,? Jinrai said, eyes still on the road,? Hah, we?re not that brutal!?

?True, true, but if they got me angry enough I would do that??

Now, the buggy was climbing up one more hill of sand, behind that hill would be the base that everyone in the buggy spoke about. Finally, the buggy came to the top of that hill and the beautiful base of the ?Forgotten Cause? could be seen, standing in its glory. If it were in the daytime, there would be a cloaking devise set to cloak that huge base of theirs.

?Hm??

The buggy went driving down the hill and to the entrance of the gate, it opening once they were close enough. Rakurai would suspiciously look up and to the side, at the look out posts there that had no one standing watch. The buggy went forward again, driving pass the many doors of houses that stood within the city of the base.

?Something?s not right?? Rakurai muttered softly to himself, as the buggy stopped at the central square of the base. At the central square, was where all the meetings of the group were held, and this was the place where they?d come together to trade goods they got amongst themselves.

Suddenly, a huge light came right upon the buggy, Rakurai and his small group shielding their eyes with their arms, trying to scout out what was going on.

?Ah, Rakurai,? a voice came from the blinding light, but Rakurai or his group in the buggy couldn?t see who was talking,? You are finally here??

The huge light shut off, and the lights around the base lit of giving Rakurai the chance to notice who was speaking, and who were around him. Around him, sat all of his men, and behind them, guards from Archabad holding weapons at each of their heads. Rakurai?s eyes quickly scanned the area, to lock eyes with the one who first spoke; he could easily pick that person out from the group of guards, this one person wearing a different code of armor.

?Damn you?? mutter Rakurai, putting a hand on Kali-Yuga.

?Don?t move,? ordered the Archabad Knight,? for if you try to make a move to attack any of us. One of your precious members shall die??

Feeling defeated, Rakurai moved his hand from where Kali-Yuga sat, and crossed them over his chest,? What?what do you want???

?[b]You[/b] is what we want. At first, we were planning to kill your group, and then take you down to Archabad to stand trail. But, I?ll make a deal with you??

?What?s your deal???

?We take you captive, and leave your group alone. Once you stand trail and are sent to jail for life, we demand that your group splits itself. So if we hear anything about a group of bandits stealing from trading carts again, we?ll know its not your own...And if it [b]is[/b] your group, you?ll be a dead man??

?And if he refuses?? interrupted Kenrai, frowning upon the Knight.

?Then we simply slaughter your group and take Rakurai?? the Knight smirked,? The cards are now in your hands?what is your decision??

?I?gah?I guess I?ll have to go with you??

Hearing his answer, the Knight snapped his fingers, a few guards walking over and removing the four members of the buggy out of the way. From there, five more guards came and grabbed Rakurai, strapping his Kali-Yuga onto his back and then proceeding to put some sort of thick hand-cuffs on his wrists. From there, the chain on the cuffs would turn into some sort of energy, making Rakurai?s wrist clamp together. As hard as the boy attempted to struggle, he couldn?t move his arms from the position it was in.

?Don?t try to struggle,? the Knight spoke, slowly walking down a few steps to get to where Rakurai was,? For it automatically sets itself to calculate your strength and becomes even more than that to restrain you??

The crowd of bandit members around them yelled, shouting out how they didn?t like this was happening and even swearing at them. But this didn?t matter to the Knight, all he simply did was put Rakurai in the back seat of the buggy, and stood up on the look out post. Some other guards with him took the remanding seats, and they were off, out of the base and going toward Archabad.

And once they were on the hills of sand in the desert, a large explosion came from the base, Rakurai?s eyes widening as he saw his base destroyed in one huge explosion?or so [i]they[/i] would think.[/size] [/color]

[size=1]OOC: Sorry about all of the pressure we've put on you Zidargh! Best of luck with the stage play you're doing. I'll take over your characters until you're back.
This post has been slightly redone. I hope the Commands I put for Beatricia are ok.

[color=DarkSlateBlue]IC:
"So, where is he then clank?" snapped Logan. He'd had enough of waiting for the robot to calibrate the external functioning sensor arrays, then fixing up the internal hypodynamic vectral heatsensing pinpointers. How long did that stuff take anyway?
"May I point out that my name is Wedge not 'clank', 'robo-guts', 'metalmouth', 'tinhead', 'boltbrain' or any other name you can come up with. I am Wedge, and Wedge I shall remain. Secondly, I have only to adjust one slight thing before I have pinpointed Cortez's exact location," Wedge stuck a metal finger in the air and a small aerial popped out.
"What's that smell? Could you hurry up already? Logan's right, I shouldn't be forced to suffer like this...maybe it's rotten fish?" Beatricia kept rambling on incoherently about things unknown to the boys, but every now and then she would pop back into reality and join their conversations.
Maybe the conditions of the dark alleys weren't doing anything good for her...
"I have located the thief Cortez! He has just travelled underneath the city, no doubt in the tunnels, and has arrived at the Hangman Pub."
"Let's go then! I don't thing Beatricia can take much more of this..." Logan said, pointing back to Beatricia who was casting spells on rats to keep them at bay.
"Yeah, c'mon Wedge, lead the way," said Biggs, the first thing he'd said since earlier that night.
The three young humans followed the robot around corners and down dark paths, weaving and twisting. Beatricia was blowing rats up with Fire spells the whole time.
Eventually, after what seemed like an age, Wedge stopped.
"What is it?" asked Biggs.
"I seem to have lost the signal." muttered Wedge.
Logan and Beatricia groaned.
"Wait, I have found it again. The thief Cortez is close."
The group got up and tiptoed around the corner of a rundown-looking building.
"In there?" Beatricia gulped.
The Hangman Pub looked as the name suggested. Dead. There was a broken sign out the front with a stickfigure painting of someone hanging from a tree, their limp looking stickfigure body looked as though it were about to swing in the picture.
"Yes, ma'am. Shall we?" Wedge motionned them forwards.

---

Inside, it was quite shadowed and dark. The only lights were dim, and found over the actual bar itself.
There were old and broken chairs and tables scattered around, some were filled by fearsome looking people, mostly thieves.
Wedge took no heed of the dangerous glances he recieved as he waltzed in, and Biggs, Logan and Beatricia all winced as they knew what would happen next.
"No! Wedge!" Biggs whispered, "Get back here, they'll take you!"
Everyone in the room turned to where the voice had come from.
"Good one kid. Now we've got a room full of menacing thugs on our hands," Logan said.
"Let's just hurry up! I don't want anyone turning me in to the Queen for a reward or something." Beatricia snapped. She strode forward, towards the nearest thief and whacked him over the head with her staff. KO.
The thugs all moved in for the fight, and the bar tender also pulled out a weapon.

*Engaged in battle with three thieves, Cortez and Barkeep*

[u]PARTY:
Logan – Level: 5, HP: 225, MP: 40 – Commands: Attack, Red Magic, Magic Slot, Item
Biggs - Level: 4, HP: 220, MP: 0 - Commands: Attack, Item, Blitz, Wedge, Go!
Wedge - Level: 4, HP: 278, MP: 5 - Commands: Attack, Rocket Fist, Blitz, Recharge
Beatricia - Level: 3, HP: 195, MP: 95 - Commands: Attack, White Magic, Light Prayers, Item[/u]

"Hey, I thought you were a Black Mage, Beatricia?" asked Logan, a little surprised.
She laughed, "I sometimes get that. I know one or two Black Magic spells, but they're so basic all they do is look fancy. I've been trained in the White Mage's arts."
Thief 1 attacked Logan, while Thief 2 attacked Beatricia. Both thieves' hits were successful and strong, as Logan and Beatricia didn't see them coming.
Beatricia healed herself, then also healed Logan with Cure. Logan drew his sabre and attacked Thief 1, instant KO.
Biggs and Wedge teamed up for their partenered Blitz! attack on the Barkeep, before he could attempt an attack, or to heal the downed thief.
Cortez snuck up behind Wedge, pulled out his dagger and stabbed the robot in the back. Beeps were heard, some slowing down a little. Wedge's continuous punching came to a stop.
"Wedge!" Biggs cried, and also stopped his punches. He ran over to fix the robot, whipping out a screwdriver and using his spanner to help too.
Thief 3 ran over and stole 56 gil from Logan, and attacked at the same time using "Mug".[/color]

**Battle to be continued in next post of Jokopoko, Zidargh (if he has time), or it will be edited in by me. Please continue to post so I don't have to resort to editing.**[/size]

[font=book antiqua]OOC: I'm back.
---------------

After tightening the final circuit that was now fastened to a wire, Biggs jumped backwards, seeming to be a lot more frustrated and angered than usual. Running over to his bag and fumbling through, the man pulled out a rifle, a machina rifle. The rifle itself was clean and almost looked antique with brass and woodwork on it, yet there was a modern sense to it due to a scope being fixed onto the top of the rifle.

The bartender regained his stature and charged over to Wedge with his arm rotating completely, ready to punch the static robot with all his might.

"Leave..." Biggs called out, squinting down the scope and took a shot precisely at the shoulder of the arm swinging, belonging to the bartender, stopping the rotation immediately as a trail of blood trickled out. "Him..." Biggs spoke, teeth clenched as he took another well-aimed shot at the bartender's left kneecap, stopping the charge of the bartender on the spot. Biggs stopped squinting and ran over to the stunned bartender, "Alone!" He called out as the bartender took a blow from the butt of the rifle, knocking him out on the spot.

All of a sudden, a gush of speed was blown from the rear of the robot as Wedge came back to life again, the yellow faded in his eyes and glowed red. "You!" Wedge roared, pointing at Cortez and clenching his fist just before he launched his Rocket Fist attack. Easily, Cortez ducked out of the way, evading the fist attack, however, due to the ricochet off of the dirty wall, the metal fist bounced straight into the back of Cortez's head, causing heavy damage and knocking him down.

Waddling slowly with eyes glaring, Wedge approached the cowering thief who looked up almost trying to plead with the being not to hurt him anymore. But, due to the wits of the robot who saw through the pathetic attempt to retreat, Wedge kicked the thief in the chin, who was still conscious but submitted out of the battle.

Thief 3 who was still counting the money greedily suffered a hefty blow in the side of the head by Beatricia's staff, knocking him out and causing him to drop the money to be returned. For a White Mage, Beatricia certainly knew how to hit hard.

With one more enemy left, Logan approached the hesitating thief who looked around for anything to attack with, but failing to do so, the thief fled from the battle, screaming on his way out.

[center]*End of Battle. No Exp. gained. 53 Gil recieved.*[/center][/font]

OOC: Im sorry for the lack of quantity but my last performance is very soon and I thought I'd allow Jokopoko to continue the plot.

[COLOR=TEAL][SIZE=1][B]Wincing from the pain of the fist smashing into his head Cortez picked himself up and gingerly touched the spot where the contact had been made, it felt like his head exploded with the pain. [I]'Oh thats just great,' He thought, 'Thats going to leave a mark for months, I'll teach that stupuid machine'[/I]. He then checked out his chin and moved it a little, [I]'Well I can still talk I suppose, thought I won't be eating for a while'[/I]. He stood a little and looked around the pub, or what was left of it. The battle, if it could be called that, had damaged a large part of the pub and he saw that he was the only one of his 'side' left there and he would have tried for a hasty escape if the three characters plus the robot had not been glaring down at him, the robot grabbed him by the ruff of his neck and pulled him up to his height.

"Now then [I]theif[/I]," It said with malice, "Tell us where the tunnels are and how to get under the soul-flow....now!"

Cortez laughed softly to himself before responding. "You'll never get me to talk and your the 'good guys' so you won't have the guts to kill, and besides, that'd leave you right in square one" He said in mocking tones as they continued to glare at him, he was unmoved.

One of the other, it seemed he could control the machine, stepped forward. "Wedge, put him down and let us deal with him" He said placing a hand on the machines left arm. The robot was clearly not happy with this request but he still complied and dropped Cortez into a near by seat, was stilling smiling with all the smugness he could muster.

Wedge said something in hushed tones to Logan and the female, Cortez didn't have any clue who she was though she looked like a Mage so he was in no hurry to find out what kind of Mage. After listening to Wedge the two of them sprouted identical evil grins as they looked at Cortez and advanced toward him, he felt a little worried now. [I]'This could get messy'[/I] He thought as the Mage brought her staff out of her cloak and prepared to point it at Cortez.[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=DarkSlateBlue]Wedge clomped across to Logan and Beatricia, "How about you cast one of your 'pretty white magic spells', as a scare tactic, Miss Beatricia?"
Logan and Beatricia grinned evil grins and moved toward Cortez.
He looked worried.
"Ok, you have two choices here bud. One is that you show us to the tunnels. The second choice, one of my personal favourites, is that B here blasts your head to smithereens with a Holy spell." Logan poked Cortez in the chest with his sabre. Cortez winced.
"Ok, B? You ready?"
"As ever," she whipped out her staff and pointed it at Cortez's face.
"Telling us or not?"
"Never..." Cortez muttered.
"B?"
"You got it!" she twirled her staff and threw it into the air, and, upon catching it, cast the biggest, brightest, most beautiful looking Holy spell anyone in the room had ever seen. Pity it was only strong enough to push Cortez back off his chair.
Cortez cried in what he thought was to be pain, but realised it was just the shock of almost having your head blown off.
"HA! You think a big bright light is going to make me reveal the secret of the tunnels?" he cracked up laughing.
Logan and Beatricia looked to one another, then back at Biggs and Wedge, and shrugged.
Logan pointed his sabre at Cortez's neck, where there was a large, ripe vein that seemed to leap out.
"Ok, this time it's real. No more games thief," Logan whispered, and Cortez had to strain to hear him. "You've stolen from me, once today already, and you haven't paid me back yet."
Beatricia giggled and flicked her hair. "You know, thiefy, if you don't tell us where the tunnels are, and show us the way under the Soulflow, Logan's going to kill you," she giggled again, high-pitched and twirled her hair around her forefinger.
"I suggest you lead the way, Mr Cortez, or I, and young Master Biggs will have to pummel you into the dirt you came from." threatenned Wedge.
It was Biggs' turn, and he stood up, "Yeah."
"You're a little outnumbered here Cortez. Waddaya say? About time to co-operate?" Logan pressed the sharp, pointed tip of his sabre against the vein on Cortez's neck.
Cortez looked like he'd messed himself.[/color]

OOC: Sorry Jokopoko, I couldn't resist that last remark. Continue on (anybody)! Oh, yeah, the Black Mage thing? I didn't realise Beatricia was just a White Mage until a short while ago...I've editied it though. She has cast "Holy" instead. It turns out her Holy magic needs some practise though (hope [b]this[/b] one's ok. If it's not, Logan can cast a spell, but that defeats the purpose of having Beatricia smiling evilly)[/size]

OOC: Great to get this going on again! But inti, I really don't know where you got the idea that Beatricia knows Black Magic? She's done nothing but cast a "Cure" spell on Biggs once, that's all! Logan's the Red Mage, not Beatricia! I think she should remain purely "whitey", as she is our party's main healer until Ascencia joins in. Edit, please? :toothy:

But everything else is totally alright with me, and I shall continue from this point on.

And to those who don't know, the Waltzes are inspired from FF9 (where they were called Black Waltzes, kind of über-Black Mages). In this game they are so powerful that the party won't fight them... at least not now. ;)

[FONT=Century][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Boco the chocobo carried Gale and Aster deeper into the narrow alleys, but all the time the Waltz was floating behind them, it's yellow eyes flaring.

Then it came, as Gale has expected it would sooner or later: a dead-end.

"Uh oh..." Aster said, his annoying smirk finally wiped off his face.

Both men dismounted Boco, raised their weapons and faced their destiny.

They were both so hypnotized by the horrific glare of the approaching menace that they didn't hear the rattle coming from the wall behind them.

"Hey, have you lost your minds?! You cannot fight [I]that[/I]! Come away from there!"

Gale spun around to see that a door had opened on the wall, and Logan was waving to them to hurry inside. Aster grabbed Boco's bridle and lead it into the dark tunnel. Gale gave a final glance over his shoulder to see that the Waltz had landed and was rapidly reaching him. It had already raised it's hand to cast some type of blaster spell. But it wasn't quite fast enough, as it's ball of energy hit the closing door that looked just like a piece from the wall.

The spell made the door slam shut, and Gale was left in total darkness.

"Hold on! My torch was blown out... There!"

A fire flared, revealing Logan's wide smile. Then Gale started to distinguish other figures: Boco and Aster, and Biggs and Wedge, and then finally Beatricia and Cortez.

"Are we all here? Good. Now, Cortez, where to next? Hurry up, since I reckon that Waltz will soon find out how to blast it's way in."

"Uh..." the thief gasped, his face paling. "This way, to the sewers."

"Eww!!" both Logan and Beatricia exclaimed.

"Oh come on, ladies! Let's move on!" Gale said, positioning him second after Cortez on their little procession.[/COLOR][/FONT]

OOC: I finally got a chance to scan this here: yes, it's Gale! (Four more original characters made in same style can be viewed [url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=38112][b]here[/b][/url])
[IMG]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17966[/IMG]

As the procession made their way deeper towards the sewers, the air became stagnant and musty. Water dripped from the stone, and the echoes ran down the tunnels. Their own steps seemed muffled by the earth surrounding them, and sometimes odd, random whisperings fluttered around their ears...something not quite human.. They were obviously nearing the Soulflow.

Suddenly, Logan's torch was extinguished, and the group was plunged into darkness. "****! Just a sec!" Beatricia whimpered while Logan struggled to relight the torch. His efforts were rewarded as the flame billowed again, revealing all of their strained, but relieved faces. Suddenly...

Something moved in the shadows. A quick swish, the billow of a dark cloak, an ominous silence... Logan was not the only one who noticed the strange presence. The hair on the back of Gale's neck was standing up, and he felt the soft breath of moving air flow across his arms. He scanned the darkness where the light of the torch didn't reach. Aster was fingering his weapon, and Cortez's eyes shifted from side to side, trying to pinpoint the disturbance. Beatricia was still, nervously glancing at the others. Biggs was also eyeing the dark suspiciously, his hand on Wedge beside him.

Another quick movement, and the flame of the torch wavered, confirming the suspicions of the unwelcome guest. They were definitely not alone. Suddenly, a figure stood directly in front of them, blocking their way in the tunnel. The light illuminated the dark cloak and the sparkling eyes.

[I]*Engaged in battle with assassin*[/I]

[U]Party:[/U]
Gale ? Level: 5, HP: 250, MP: 25 ? Commands: Attack, Sword Art, Paysword, Item
Cortez - Lv. 5, HP: 245, MP: 10 - Commands: Attack, Distract, Steal, Item
Aster - Level 5, HP: 295, MP: 10 - Commands: Attack, Jump, Dragon Soul, Item
Biggs Clankheart - Level: 4 HP: 220 MP: 0 - Commands: Attack, Item, Blitz, Wedge, Go!
Wedge - Level: 4, HP: 278, MP: 5 - Commands: Attack, Rocket Fist, Blitz, Recharge

Gale hissed and drew his sword, but the menacing figure was quicker. The assassin's light steps barely raised the dust, but in milliseconds Gale was pushed up against the wall of the tunnel, his blade locked with the enemy's. The gold-flecked eyes glinted with malice, and he heard a quiet, arrogant laugh whisper from her throat.

Suddenly he fell forward, the assassin spinning away to meet the combined attacks of Aster and Logan. Quickly dogding both of them, she tripped Cortez, and was suddenly in front of Beatricia. Beatricia's eyes were wide in shock and fear, and the group drew in collected breath as the assassin's blade snaked out to strike the fatal blow.

*SSHHIING!* The sound of the sword striking metal rang in everyone's ears. Wedge seemed to have appeared out of nowhere, fully blocking the assassin's attack. Wedge stood defensively in front of Beatricia, blocking her from sight. Biggs was right beside him, his eyes narrowed in determination. The assassin rebounded back, hissing through her teeth in anger. An odd clinking sound was heard - it had been heard off and on throughout the entire battle.

Spinning as she blocked the combined weapons of Aster, Gale, and Logan, part of the cloak covering her head slid off, revealing the source of the delicate clinking. They caught a glimpse of the sparkle of gold, which seemed to be threaded throughout the attacker's hair. It clinked together, creating the delicate chiming sound that followed her movements. The cloak was quickly put back into place by one of the assassin's lithe hands, but not before a feeling of recognition passed over Gale... This figure felt oddly familiar.. But no time to think on it - the assassin's blade danced in the air, quickly swiping all of theirs. Leaping out of reach of their weapons, she glanced quickly at where Beatricia was hidden behind Wedge, and then disappeared, her dark cloak flowing after her. Although they ran after her in pursuit, it was evident that they would never catch her.

[I]*End of battle! No exp. gained. No gil gained. No items gained.*
[/I]

Walking back to the group, Gale wiped his finger over his blade, cleaning off the dust that had risen during the fight. Beatricia was being cared for and reassured, although she still looked a bit shaken. However, it was evident that she would be fine, as her domineering nature was coming back.

Cortez muttered, "The quicker we get out of here, the better. Even with the odd visitors and assassins, we don't want to stay down here more than we have to." Gale nodded in agreement, and they continued to follow the thief, while keeping their eyes on the shadows, looking for the swift movement of the dark cloak, or the faint jingle of the golden trinkets.

"What do you mean, the entrance is closed?" Kaeli stared forlornly at the closed drawbridge into Mertonia's main city, Miraclion. She was currently engaged in a small argument with the guards at the bridge checkpoint, who were refusing her entry.
"I'm sorry, ma'am, but entry is forbidden."
"Why, though?"
"I cannot disclose that information now..."
"Say! Would you like to buy this?" Kaeli almost completely forgot her troubles when she eyed the sacks of goods still attached to her chocobo. She immediately rushed over and pulled off a large brown jug, and flashed it in the guard's surprised face.
"This is the best quality armor-polish in the tri-continental area! Fresh from Archabad, this one comes to..."
"Uh, ma'am..." The guard began, but Kaeli interrupted both herself and the guard as she rushed back to her chocobo, this time returning with a bright green vial.
"This one is a high quality medicine from Rosaria! May be small, but can heal any magical ailments right on the spot! Yours for only..."
"Ma'am..." The guard began again, but Kaeli ran back to her chocobo in search of more wares.
"How about..."
"YOUNG LADY! We are not interested in anything you have to sell! Please leave!" Kaeli stopped and flinched slightly before the guard's outburst. She frowned and turned around, slipping herself back over her chocobo's back, giving the guard one of her best merchant looks before leaving: "You're going to regret not buying from me", and the guard replied with an equally unimpressed expression: "I could care less, now get lost."

"Hmm...an ornamental urn from Astenia...guaranteed to magically keep anything you store inside it fresh forever...only 1000 gil...A necklace made from wood and minerals from the Monsoon continent, rare and very beautiful, only 500 gil..."
Kaeli looked with some interest at the wares she was currently carrying, still attached to her cloak, as she lay down on the dewy morning grass just outside of the woods. She smiled as she was able to remember exactly what all her wares were, where they came from, and exactly how much they were priced at. She laughed slightly as she pulled a large bracelet off her arm, and stared at it for a long itme, it was a large silver and gold bracelet, and very elaborately made. On the one end, there was a large golden dragon head, very fiery-looking, with spines on the back of it's head, and the other side was a dragon as well, but this one was silver and much calmer-looking, almost beautiful. Kaeli smiled and tried to remember what it was, but for some reason, she had no recollection of ever having it before in the store. She frowned and stared at it longer, she definetely couldn't remember it. She looked at it some more, but then noticed a tiny slip of paper sticking out of the gold dragon's mouth. Kaeli pulled it out from between the dragon's jaws, careful not to let it rip, and unrolled it...

[i]Dear Kaeli,

I certainly hope you are doing well, and that you will not find this note too sone after you have departed on your journey, but even if you have, then you may as well read it, as it would be a waste to let this rest heavily on your mind during your trip.

I just wanted to let you in on one of the more important secrets of being a trader that I never really though to tell you, as you were doing so well already. That is, that everytime you sell something, it is to make someone happy. That is your job, Kaeli, to make people happy with what they buy. I know you were a great merchant in Port Junction, and that people loved you, but when you finally step out of a shop and go out into the world, people don't love you anymore. They see you as something you're not, they don't recognize you as the beautiful girl I know, or the lovely merchant the people here knew, but as a parasite trying to steal their money and sell them useless junk. That will happen, Kaeli, it's what happened to me when I tried moving into town, but I only did it with your help.

Don't let what may happen bother you, Kaeli. There will always be people who will not like you for what you do, but you should thank them, Kaeli, for they know you, and recongize you as a merchant. Wether they like you or not, the spirit of a true merchant is one you sould wear proudly on your sleeve, and love the people who love you for it, as well as those who hate you for it.

When a good merchant sells something to a good customer, a special link is created between them, and although it is not something as deep as friendship or love, it is something else, a fine bond that always remains between the two, a knowledge that these two people made each other happy. If you can do this, Kaeli, then that special bond between you and your customers will live on and grow, and you will never be unhappy again.

I hope this did well for you, and even if I don't see you again anytime soon, I know that you will do great things, and that you should never be unhappy with who you are or what you do. Keep that beautiful smile on your face that I know of, it's the smile of the beautiful young Kaeli, not the merchant, just Kaeli.

-Rin[/i]

Kaeli had tears in her eyes before she could finish, and a small drop fell to the page and blotted some of the ink on the paper, surprisingly, more writing appeared as she did so...

[i]P.S. Despite what I said, I would like you to keep the bracelet. It is from my homeland of Astenia, and I won't tell you what it is worth, becuase it's value to me is just too great to put a price on. Please think of it the same way as I would.[/i]

Kaeli smiled as she recognized the usual magic ink that Rin sometimes used when he wanted to send important messages, that only revealed istelf under the right circumstances. Rin must have been a little embarrased saying something like that, so he wrote it in the magic ink. Kaeli thought, still smiling as tears streamed down her face. Her reminiscience was interrupted, however, as she heard a little rustling from inside the woods. She got up and slipped the bracelet back around her arm. She took a small step into the woods, as though she were about to wade into deep water, and began to take a look around...