OtakuBoards

Ganging up on one person bites.

Farto the Magic

[QUOTE=Farto the Magic]I'm sure that everyone hates this.

Scenario: There's a big group of people and one of them calls you a name. You call them one back and then the whole group calls you names. Then you try for a little while and give up.

Why do people do that? They start a fight, then they get their friends to help when you try to counter. That's like saying to someone: "How dare you try to defend yourself?"

That happens to me all the time and I'm always the person who gets picked on. And it's always the popular people, too. As if they don't have enough of an ego, they tear down someone else's. You can't get them alone, because they're always flanked by four of their frineds. I mean, what the hell? I'm sure that other people would be glad to carry on my rant.[/QUOTE]

Heh, yes I'm very sick of this and if it werent for a few adults i wouldve ran over some kids even though I'm 13 for ganging up on a kid. I even played a kids body guard for about 2 weeks til things simmered down, what sucked was i hadda defend him agaisnt a few of my firends because the kid that i was being a body guard for, was fighting another kid who was friends with my friends. I had the kid intimidated enough he started worrying about me instead of the kid i was being a body guard for, and because it was me, the 70 other people quit being body guards or simmered down themselves. Interenet or not i try and stop these ganging up ons, probally because i used to be gange dup on til i discovered weights :flaming: . In fact, there were some 20 kids vs me because i POed my own cousin for getting a bit of mud on his pants -_-. Well for those of you who are curious, i stayed in there long enough to throw a single punch that took him down.

Though humiliating people instead of fighting them can be more profittable when they have friends around. Learn the art of the "Dis". You can PO them even more, or go witha more comical approach. Let's say they said."You gay ***!", how you should respond is somthing gay as a comeback like, "You know it.". So you go with the flo more or less. Or if they call you a MoFo, say it was their mom you fo'ed. Some of this stuff will get them so flabergasted they wont even wanna mess with you because they're confused.

Or you could get your own pose? Fight fire with fire? Learn a bit of Judo and wrestling (it'll save your butt if you get into a major fight). Judo is really useful nowadays because all people do is throw punches and kicks, Judo flips are an excellent counter for those attacks that will easily win you fights.

Or you could ignore them?

@Wrist cutter, yea, "Sticks and stones will brake on my bones but words wont do crap to me." right?

[QUOTE]Heh, yes I'm very sick of this and if it werent for a few adults i wouldve ran over some kids even though I'm 13 for ganging up on a kid. I even played a kids body guard for about 2 weeks til things simmered down, what sucked was i hadda defend him agaisnt a few of my firends because the kid that i was being a body guard for, was fighting another kid who was friends with my friends. I had the kid intimidated enough he started worrying about me instead of the kid i was being a body guard for, and because it was me, the 70 other people quit being body guards or simmered down themselves. Interenet or not i try and stop these ganging up ons, probally because i used to be gange dup on til i discovered weights . In fact, there were some 20 kids vs me because i POed my own cousin for getting a bit of mud on his pants . Well for those of you who are curious, i stayed in there long enough to throw a single punch that took him down.

Though humiliating people instead of fighting them can be more profittable when they have friends around. Learn the art of the "Dis". You can PO them even more, or go witha more comical approach. Let's say they said."You gay ***!", how you should respond is somthing gay as a comeback like, "You know it.". So you go with the flo more or less. Or if they call you a MoFo, say it was their mom you fo'ed. Some of this stuff will get them so flabergasted they wont even wanna mess with you because they're confused.

Or you could get your own pose? Fight fire with fire? Learn a bit of Judo and wrestling (it'll save your butt if you get into a major fight). Judo is really useful nowadays because all people do is throw punches and kicks, Judo flips are an excellent counter for those attacks that will easily win you fights.[/quote]
Hahah yeah right. You're not impressing anyone with that little speech about how you defended a friend from 70 people and single handedly saved the world or whatever. Also you're laying the middle school drama on pretty thick.

[quote name='Akki Koroshiya']Though humiliating people instead of fighting them can be more profittable when they have friends around. Learn the art of the "Dis". You can PO them even more, or go witha more comical approach. Let's say they said."You gay ***!", how you should respond is somthing gay as a comeback like, "You know it.". So you go with the flo more or less. Or if they call you a MoFo, say it was their mom you fo'ed. Some of this stuff will get them so flabergasted they wont even wanna mess with you because they're confused.[/quote]

Anyone who would be "flabergasted" by such childish comebacks definitely isn't worth messing around with. Some people are capable of turning humiliation into an art; no offense intended, but you clearly don't possess the wit required to produce truly devastating insults.

I've never encountered actual bullying. While I [i]have[/i] been picked on in subtler ways, a decent supply of self-esteem saved me from being affected by that. My high school is a rather civil place, so I was pretty shocked to read some of the accounts found in this thread.... exaggerated or not, I find them worrisome. Is bullying really all that prevalent?

~Dagger~

@Harry, that was exxageration, and i never said i fought them. I just intimidaed somone and things died down. It was nothing more than a shove against the locker and a glare...

I never said i did, just some people will get really POed like those stupid insults stated above, which i think was already said. So if they are as immature as I am, then they might get POed. Which tehy'd have to be immature if they cant fight their own fights IMO.

Then again, if they are to big of cowars to gang up on somone, then after that somone schoole dthem, they would more than likely run to somone to get the somone in trouble taking him with them.

So maybe it IS best to ignore people...

[COLOR=Gray][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]Skippedry: you'd be surprised.

I have never encountered bullying first hand, however. Well, maybe a couple of people have tried to bully me, but a mix of apathy and contempt sort of helped me brush them off. Also, the fact that I offered up some drawing advice for them without restraint or irritation seemed to make them feel guilty.

Nevertheless, I hate bullies with a passion. There are some people who diserve to be hit over the head with a shovel from behind, and that's just the way things are. I don't care whether you're emotionally secure or not.

I guess I'm not really a valid source of advice, as my school experience to this point has probably been different from most, as far as social higharchies go.

I am currently part of an anti-bullying demonstration at school (as pathetic as our campaign my be *sigh*), and I don't think any of the tips they give are helpful, aside from stay in a group.

Apparently, rolling your eyes is bullying. :rolleyes: [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[i]Anyone who would be "flabergasted" by such childish comebacks definitely isn't worth messing around with. Some people are capable of turning humiliation into an art...[/i]

[color=firebrick] I usually just say 'thanks' and the person sort of stares at me for two second, in which I walk away. :p I can't believe so many people here have never been bullied...I thought it was supposed to be a part of normal life, lol.

I don't think most 12-year-olds have the muster to ignore name-calling. Probably because of puberty of something. =_=. I admit, I used to get fired up when someone called me a name and I'd say something equally nasty until the fight ended somehow. I started saying 'thanks' to the problem about one year ago...haha.[/color]

[i]Is bullying really all that prevalent?[/i]

[color=firebrick] Have you ever heard of high-school hazing?[/color]

You be very glad that you don't, Inuyasha..., i'm overweight, so I get picked on all the time. It used to get so bad that I was gonna beat the crap out of the next person who did it to me. And I did, once. It's common courtesy not to make fun of people, but middle school has no courtesy. The many will join together to p-ick on one person. Story of my life.

Guest Crimson Spider
I've been experienced in this department since day 2 of when I went to school. Not going to really point out anyone specifically, but...

[b]Reasons why bullies pick on you[/b]: Simple fact is that for some unamable reason, they don't like you. So to satisfy their own demented ways of entertainment, they poke fun at you. They are not only entertained by this, but their friends are as well. THAT is why they join in. They aren't defending their weak friend. Their just laughing along.

[b]Bullies are NOT jealous of you[/b]. I have no clue where this [u]RUMOR[/u] started up. They don't like you because you are smart, or a teachers pet (whether you actually are one or not), or white, or wear you hair, or are shorter. Often times, they just see you as an easy target to mess around with.

[b]Doing nothing about it is a bad thing[/b]. Wanna know why? Because the majority of bullies don't try once then give up. The [u]persue[/u] you. They will get pleasure out of you one way or another. If you shrug of their name-calling, they will intensify it because you do nothing. That, to them, justifies their right to do it. In their simple mind, they see it as "since they don't do anything about it, I can do it all I want". Soon it moves up from just verbal. Soon they take your backpack and steal your stuff, spit in yourr food, then go to pushing you around, punch you, insite others into their sick game, which they for some reason also join along.

Oh sure. You could tell the teacher. Only to find that the educational staff completely ignores you multiple times, and often times you end up in trouble since the teacher would rather believe a troublemaker than a strait-A student.

[b]Bullies are NOT weak[/b]. In fact, they are quite strong. This isn't the story of Jimmy standing up to Bille the Bullie and Billie backs down. This is the story of Jimmy standing up to Billie and Billie giving Jimmy a red *** beatdown on a daily basis now since he decided to defend himself. Pardon my French. Bullies feel that they are in a stronger disposition than you because they either excell better at the majority of sports, or you look weak, or are strong in comparison to many others. So even if you do catch one alone, you throw the first punch, he gets ticked off and pummels you. He gets away scot free with it by some miracle.

The only reason why he/she has friends there is because they enjoy that sick little game. And any man would know that if you like to watch a football game, your gonna wanna play football, too.

[b]Words DO hurt[/b]. 2/3rds of all abuse cases are strictly verbal. I'm talking about the "Get a Restraining order while he/she spends a few nights in jail" cases. The poor little person awake each night crying and depressed cases. The cases that result in murder. Not just those insignificant incidents of domestic dispute. You cannot just shrug off their relentless insults (mainly because they harm either you or your property while doing so).

[b]But what can I do?[/b]. Well, the only sure-fire solution is to seriously harm the culprit or their family bodily so that they would be forced to be isolated by you. Basically pulling a columbine is the only sheer-fire solution to your problem. Not only is the abuser gone, but also you get to spend 2 years in Ju-V only to get off with a mistomeiner. (I've read many news reports. Trust me, they only get a slap on the wrist.) Then, and only then will they learn because they now have to have their arm amputated because you stabbed it with a rusty nail.

If you don't do anything, the bullies press their abusement. I already covered that.

If you stand up, chances are you are gonna get you butt handed to you in tiny bloody pieces.

By some miracle you win that fight (most likely isolated the perpitrater), then only a slim chance he won't try anything. SLIM!

Often times they will THEN get all their friends together and seriously hurt/kill you, or will bring a weapon to school and use it against you. Bullies only resort to cowardess when you are superior to them, and exorcise that.

[b]They LIKE hurting people[/b]. When you stand up, you give them an excuse.

[b]Bullying is a SERIOUS problem in the US[/b]. It is underlooked in the damage it can do. People just shrug it off as part of growing up. Well, it isn't growing up. It's suffering.

So you have to endure their antics of emnity for as long as you remain within a 3 mile radius of them.

(maybe I've been growing up in the Ghetto for a little too long).

Bullying is a problem. Definitely, I agree with that. And group bullying is an even bigger problem. In primary school I had that problem all the time, being raised in a poor family with little food and etc. You've all heard it before. Bullies pick on those weaker than them, those they see as inferorio, or those that fit into a socially defined stereotype. What stereotypes? The nerd, the loner, etc. This was a HUGE problem until a did the insane thing and moved states to avoid it. When I came back, I was much bigger, and had somehow developed a loose-cannon personality (probably from the previous bullying) so I no longer get picked on. There is really only one solution to bullying though (as demonstrated myself in year eight) Make the strongest kid in your grade respect you. And I don't mean through friendly discourse...

[color=darkviolet]I've noticed that most of the people who bully are either the popular people who really think they're better than everyone else, or the ones who think they can get away with it.Some of them probably have a bad family life, or they're encouraged to be agressive no matter what the cost.

One of the sad things is in many schools the victim is further brutalized by the faculty as though being the target is their fault.

My advice, first try ignoring the person however, if the threats become physical (I once had a girl ask the gym teacher if she could drown me then follow me into the bathroom with a few of her friends and threaten me. OF course when I went to my principal the dude auitomatically decided that since I was in special ed (because the school district can't figure out how to place a person in mainstream in a week) I was the one to blame.

The best way to beat the beyotch tho is to become one yourself-or to avoid the situation once and for all. So I had to go to my guidance conselor switch classes and start hoping she'd never see me in the halls. Of course I was really nasty senior year and decided that she tuffed her bra and wrote some mean things about her in the senior longe. She told people I was a lesbian-I still don't understand how that's an insult unless you're a shallow brained individual-which she was.

Another solution is to just tell the person that it's not worth your breath to respond, if they don't leave you alone, stick with your friends at all times and then wait til your ten year reunion where you can atleast prove that you did better than anyone thought you would. This is mostly due to the fact that revenge is a dish best served ice cold and when nobody expects it.

Oh, and by the way, words [i]do[/i] hurt as CS mentioned.[/color]

Ah, bullies. One of my main sources of entertainment during school. You see, since I'm an anime fan, I guess that automatically qualifies one in the 'geek' category in Upstate NY (not the 'you can't talk to that kid' category, just the 'bully cannon-fodder' group.). Fortunately, bullies always fall into yet another category of existence that my friend Caru and I have dubbed "vertebrains". Your typical vertebrain tends to think with its spine, relying mainly on instinct and sheer stupidity. I find that the best way to deal with the typical, run-of-the-mill vertebrain is to simply play to their intelligence, or lack thereof. It's mind-boggling how many intellectual openings they leave for themselves to be defeated in an intelligent manner.

Unfortunately, there are those who skip the debate and head straight for swinging like a madman. But, lo and behold, another loophole appears in their stranglehold on the high-school social caste system: they (for the most part) have no idea how to fight, and tend to "freeball it". Which means that you can usually find a hole in their physical defenses relatively quickly. Believe me. It's amazing how many people think you have to punch by swinging from side to side, instead of at you.

Not that I condone violence or anything... :demon: