OtakuBoards

Real Scratch Music

Zen

[B][size=1][color=darkred]
Is anyone on the boards a fan of DJ or Turntable music? Or is it just me? There are several out there and if you conisider yourself at all to be a hip hop or techno fan, you should check out people like The Invisbl Skratch Piklz, Cut Chemist, Babu, DJ Q*Bert, Mixmaster Mike, DJ Krush, or Dan The Automator. All of them are brilliant and have different styles and personalities in their music.

No two DJs are the same, if you like the genre, lets discuss your favs or even if you like it.[/color][/size][/B]

Man, I would love to get into turntablism. Time and time again I've looked into it, but can never get my hands on anything

The Invisibl Skratch Piklz seem like they're amazing, and DJ. Q*Bert is apparently essential.

Anyway, if you know anywhere I can my hands on some turntablism, then please tell me. I've been dying to get some of this ****.

[size=1][color=darkred][B]
If you want to see the Piklz and Q*bert at their finest, then check out the movie "Wave Twisters" or if you want to see a real wide variety, the Sundance Award Winning Film, " Scrath". Both are available on DVD. Check them out.

Another band of DJ's that are great are the X-Ecutioners, who are actually pretty famous, you probably just didn'tknow it was them you were hearing.

And you say the Piklz are good? Try three time DMC (Disco Mixing Championship) 1st place titles in a row. They were so good, they were asked to withdraw because they were discouragin the people from competing. Q*bert now holds a spot as a judge and has several " how too" video's on Turntablism. Thats how good they are.[/B][/color][/size]

im about to buy two new numark tables from a friend. he got them on sale from a scratch and dent section, and theyre straight. hes going to get some new tables and is selling me these for extra cheap. i dont do any scratching, but i mix and blend a lot. the last mix i did was a mix of kelis's "milkshake" and clipse's "when was the last time".

man, i aint been here in a minute.

[color=darkred][size=1][B]

Mr. Hahn is good, I admit, but he doesn't even hold a candle to Mixmaster Mike, or DJ Q*Bert. He's more of a producer/director than anything. You seriously should check out those guys, cuz Hahn's just a drop in the ocean.

I'm trying to get my freind to let me borrow the Traktor Program, which is made for mixing/DJ music, so I can burn it. I can't wait till he remembers to actually bring it. He is always forgetting.[/B][/size][/color]