shibatku Posted October 16, 2001 Posted October 16, 2001 I have no clue what the j in ssj stands for It confused me. :p
ssjlouie Posted October 16, 2001 Posted October 16, 2001 the j in ssj stands for jin. I have no clue what jin stands for though
Kazuke Taro Posted October 16, 2001 Posted October 16, 2001 I thinks it for Jin But i am not sure... :(
conpiracymonki Posted October 16, 2001 Posted October 16, 2001 [b]Uh,..Super Saiya-Jin, I think That's just how they say it in Japan,..I dunno, ask Transtic, or Altron..[/b]
shibatku Posted October 16, 2001 Author Posted October 16, 2001 Thanks thats what I think it means but I'll look a little and I'll find out. :p
Emcew Posted October 17, 2001 Posted October 17, 2001 I don't know what it auctually means in english bu tlike every one says... Jin... I dunno, I'll ask a Jappanese(<-Spelling??> teacher what it means in english...
Lady Macaiodh Posted October 17, 2001 Posted October 17, 2001 i thought saiya-jin meant "ape-man"....
Will2x Posted October 17, 2001 Posted October 17, 2001 now i see why altron was so pissed at everyone.
Fall Posted October 17, 2001 Posted October 17, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Will2x [/i] [B]now i see why altron was so pissed at everyone. [/B][/QUOTE] How come? Is it because everyone was asking him the same question or something? And yeah, I thought that Sayia-Jin word meant something like a big gorilla or ape. I'm not sure but. It confuses me too.
Sephiroth Posted October 17, 2001 Posted October 17, 2001 Supaa-Saiya-Jin is how it would be said in Japan, saiya-jin does indeed mean "ape person".... there are many meaning for the word Jin, the most common one would be "demon" or "devil"....
peewee1623 Posted October 17, 2001 Posted October 17, 2001 Honestly, I think the J stands for Majin Boo. You see, I saw this clip(an it was real) of goku with an M on his head Spopovich. I guess the J part of SSJ just caught on and people decided to say SSJ not SS. P.S.- I'm not into that much depth in DBZ, but I'm tryin'!!:)
Dragonballzman Posted October 17, 2001 Posted October 17, 2001 Wow, I never knew it meant something like Ape Person!
Sephiroth Posted October 17, 2001 Posted October 17, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by peewee1623 [/i] [B]Honestly, I think the J stands for Majin Boo. You see, I saw this clip(an it was real) of goku with an M on his head Spopovich. I guess the J part of SSJ just caught on and people decided to say SSJ not SS. P.S.- I'm not into that much depth in DBZ, but I'm tryin'!!:) [/B][/QUOTE] the J stands for Jin, as in Saiya-Jin, so Super Saiya-Jin is said SSJ because its shorter to say.... oh, and son gokou does not go majin, vegita-sama does....
Transtic Nerve Posted October 17, 2001 Posted October 17, 2001 the J stands for Jin.... in this case it means the following the word "Saiya" means Ape or Monkey in Japanese the suffix "-jin" means person or man or human, etc. in Japanese Put them together (Saiya-jin) you get Monkey person, which is what a Saiya-jin is.... It doesn't mean anything else.... SS-J = Super Saiya-jin
Lady Macaiodh Posted October 17, 2001 Posted October 17, 2001 i'm so proud, i finally got something right. but now that they've mentioned it, i remember this myth: the first lover of adam (the first male ever) was named lilith & she was a "jin", & she was unacceptable to god so he created eve--hence, lilith's offspring were considered the spawn of the devil & cursed forever. so the "jin" were the devil's offspring. pretty f*cked up, if you ask me. i wonder what lilith did.
shibatku Posted October 18, 2001 Author Posted October 18, 2001 Thanks now I know what it means for sure. :p
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now