OtakuBoards

Roseate Discord Remix v2

Kinetic

Long title ^_^'

I did a remix of the original wallpaper that I think I posted, but I was unsatisfied with both wallpapers because there was an immense amount of negative space (or so it seemed) created by the stocks.

I've been working with wallpaper-size images for a while, but lately I've worked with much smaller ones because it simply looks more appealing. Anyway, I did another remix of Roseate Discord that I am very pleased with.

[url="http://www.deviantart.com/view/5620559/"]http://www.deviantart.com/view/5620559/[/url]

Any comments are appreciated, especially critique :)

It's not showing up.

But I will go ahead and say what I said on deviantart.
I love this so much Kinetic. I love the purple. I for one, really like how the rose stands out. It draws your attention to the rose and kind of focuses everything around the rose. Kind of neat that the "center" of the piece is at the actual bottom. The "three tears I've saved for you" is a bit hard to read in places. Mabye it is because it is white on white. Also the "Roseate" part is really really really hard to read. It looks all rotted away, which is cool, but it lacks the clarity that "discord" has. I think the purple has a softness to it that the pink did not. While it is still quite bright, it is balanced by the darker purple. It is absolutely amazing. I love the face you used too. I think she helps with the sadder aspect of the picture.

What exactly does "Roseate Discord" mean? I've tried to figure it out, but I can't.

Remind me once more what program you use. I forgot. >_<

Well, the image decided to be retarded, so I just put the deviantART link up there.

Anyway, thanks for the comment (again). I'll just post what I said because I'm too lazy to type it again.

Yes! An oxymoron! Lol

Anyway, thanks for the comments :) I have a rather large monitor with alot of crispness, so I guess I'm seeing it a little clearer than some people, but I'll keep that it mind next time ;)

Anyway, Roseate Discord is an oxymoron, as you said, that means a sort of cheerful tension. Glad you enjoyed it :)

[b]E D I T:[/b] Oh, and I use 3D Studio Max 5 along with Adobe Photoshop 7.

I really like your work, but I have two complaints.

Much of what I see is repetitious. Which may not be a bad thing, great artists can and have been repetitious. I'd like to see something.... more new, something that doesn't look so crystalized.

My other thing is the use of text in your work. The use of text is fine when you have a banner or a website or something, but in a work of art like that it has no place. I really think it takes away from the overall artwork. Really demeaning. Visual artists don't use words to convey the meaning of their art, thats what poets and authors are for. Visual artists use the subject of their work or the style of their work to convey the meaning of their art. While there are some artists that use words in their work, I think yours would be alot better if you didn't.

[QUOTE=Transtic Nerve]I really like your work, but I have two complaints.

Much of what I see is repetitious. Which may not be a bad thing, great artists can and have been repetitious. I'd like to see something.... more new, something that doesn't look so crystalized.

My other thing is the use of text in your work. The use of text is fine when you have a banner or a website or something, but in a work of art like that it has no place. I really think it takes away from the overall artwork. Really demeaning. Visual artists don't use words to convey the meaning of their art, thats what poets and authors are for. Visual artists use the subject of their work or the style of their work to convey the meaning of their art. While there are some artists that use words in their work, I think yours would be alot better if you didn't.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the comments. Honestly, I'm getting a little tired of the crystalized work as well and I'm starting to try and work on more simplistic things. If I ever get my hands on Adobe Illustrator, I'd like to start vectoring a bit.

I agree with the text, though. In real life, I do have alot of symbolic meaning in my artwork (I only work in Art class at school though), but I don't try very hard in my graphics. But yes, I'm looking to not use text as much. I'm sort of going through a rather large change right now with my work.