OtakuBoards

Most Unusual Food You Have Eatten?

Panda

Guest FrOoTy_LoOpS7d2
the weirdest thing I've ever eaten was shark! it tasted really funny! I'll NEVER eat it again!!!

[quote name='Balinese']the weirdest food i have EVER eaten is something called Rocky Mountain Oysters. If you don't know what they are, you don't want to.[/quote]

[color=darkviolet]Aren't those the testicles or something off a mountain goat? I've heard of them, but since I'm probably guessing right, I know I'll never try it :sick:

I'd highly recommend staying away from headcheese. It's not really cheese, but some kind of pig product.

I had tripe once (I shudder to think of it now tho) it tastes like salty marshmallows, uh, is that a good thing or a bad thing. I've also eatten liver, not bad if it's cooked right.[/color]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet']Aren't those the testicles or something off a mountain goat?[/color][/quote]

Actually what my mom siad they were were cow testies. Yuck, she said she had them and liked it. :sick: :sick: :sick: Thankfuly I've never tried them. *shudder*

But I still say the weirdest thing I've ever had was the paper from a pixie stick, I still don't think it is edible, but it's sugury, and tasty, and sweet, yet sour, with a hint of tree. :D

[color=darkblue]The weirdest thing I've ever eaten was when I was on the Cali coast, hopping trains. There was a lot of seafood there.

Anyway, my friend David and I ate baby fried octupusses out of a dumpster. You could eat the legs but the bodies were impossibly gross on the inside. Mushy.

Hey, we were hungry.[/color]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Oh, hey, I've had those big matrshmellows that you eat over a campfire. The thing was that they had been dipped in nacho cheese. They were good once you forgot that there was nacho cheese on them, which was after I had swallowed it. I didn't even get paid for it. Hooray! I'm the weird king![/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ryu_Sakura]Actually what my mom siad they were were cow testies. Yuck, she said she had them and liked it. :sick: :sick: :sick: Thankfuly I've never tried them. *shudder*
[/QUOTE]

Correct. They are the testes of a bull. Actually, the ones I ate were from a buffalo... I was eight and my older brother didn't tell me what they were until I'd tried one and liked it. And they are pretty good.

Farto, I concede. :p

ive had fermented cabbage::kimchi::, a vegtable milk, pig intestines, and silkworm beatles.

those are the top weirdest things ive eat. they all tasted pretty good, but it might take a bit of effort to drink the milk stuff, way to creamy/vanilla-y for my taste. then ive had all that plus some sardines in a smoothie, the texture was so horrible i could not get more than a sip.

oh yeah. and whole baby octopus, that was great.

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]I ate Escargo, in France. What was it like?

You know that feeling you get when your nose is really stuffed up and you accidently inhale too hard and a glob of mucus slids down your throat? That's the texture.

It actually tasted pretty good, though. Basically, it'll taste like whatever spices and seasonings you place on them; the actual items are tasteless. Mine had pepper, and this spice whose name I can't remember.[/color][/size][/font]

[color=darkblue]Well, I guess that the weirdest thing I've eaten is Frog's Legs. I don't know if I trasnlated that correctly, since it's called "Ancas de Rana" in Spanish. Quite good actually. Taste a little like chicken, but also as rabbitt. I tasted it on a cruise to Barbados some years ago. I really liked it, but I guess I could never taste it again, since I've never found it anywhere around here in Puerto Rico. Many people think that is gross.

But I liked it ;)[/color]

Well weirdest things I've ate.... would have to be in 2 categories: exotic weird, and just 'what the hell' weird.

For exotic weird, It'd have to be the ducks feet and fish lips I had at a chinese restaurant once. Ducks feet are not bad, sort of like chicken only the meat on it is scarce, mostly skin. Fish lips are well... tastes like rubber tofu basically. Bland, chewy, and just... rubbery.

As for eating something thats just weird, well one day I was making a sandwich, I spread on some miracle whip, put a peice of sliced ham in, spread on some cheesewizz, and then sliced up a blueberry muffin and stuck it in for good measure. It was pretty gross, but once I made it I felt obliged to finish it.

[b][size=1][color=darkred]
Geez, people. I've read through this whole thread and you people need to get stronger stomachs. I admit, that if you get a bad batch, it could ruin your appetite. But you should always live by the culinary golden rule: Always try something twice.

That way you are guaranteed that you don't like it and didn't just get a bad recipe.

More to the point... I would have to say that the weirdest thing I have ever eaten was a coagulated blood cake. And it was the most vile thing I have ever ingested.[/b][/size][/color]

The most unusual thing I have eaten is a combination of two foods.

When I was younger, I used to love ketchup. So much, that when ever we had broccoli and cucumbers, I dipped them in ketchup, and they tasted awesome. I bet I'll still like it today.