OtakuBoards

School of Rock

Epitome

[size=1]I wasnt sure if a thread on this had already been made but I have just rented and watched the movie and I thought it was awesome. I loved the fact that he took a stuck-up bunch of kids from an elementary school, and turned them into kids that could play rock music. And rock is my favorite genre of music so I was absolutley pleased with the movie.

Plus Jack Black was the main character, Duey, and Black is the most hilarious person/actor I have ever heard and seen in a movie. And since he actually is a guitarist in Tenacious D that fits perfectly.

So my question to you is, were you pleased with the movie or not. And explain with reasoning, dont just say "I didnt like it because Jack Black did a horrible job," say why he did a bad job.[/size]

I saw this when it first hit theaters months back. I'm not a Jack Black fan by any means, but I like his musical taste. The bands referred to in this movie for the most part are awesome. Hell, it even had a Bowie song playing during a key point in the movie... that doesn't happen much.

I think what really made this movie was the kids, though. They did a really excellent job. I'm happy they tried to find kids that could actually [I]play[/I] and act. Some of them are very talented.

I didn't find it all that hilarious, but it was a cute movie. The best scene was when [spoiler]Jack says "Those kids have touched me and I'm pretty sure I touched them." (or whatever) and all the parents gasp because they think he means sexually.[/spoiler] What made it so funny, though, was that a random little kid in the theater blurted out "Mommy, what does touched mean?" Classic lol.

Dude that film was awesome, It totally kick ***. One of the best films in a long time and as normal in any film jack black is in he delivers comedy which had my sides spliting. In my opion Jack black is better at acting than playing music. Not saying he a terrible guitarist. Hes great :D i just dont like The Ds style of music but they have funny videos which make up for it.

I saw that movie in the theatres when it first came out there music video was number 1 on MTV for like 3 weeks that School of Rock song Jack and the kids made was cool. I think Tenacious D is a pretty good group my favorite song of theres being Tribute cause while the music was good the video made you laugh real hard. I think they should make a School of Rock 2 I think they are already working on one maybe and if they are I can't wait to see it.