OtakuBoards

Chappelle's Show: Season 2

WW2

Well I haven't seen a thread about it, so I decided to make one about the second season of Chappelle's Show.
Personally I think this is one of the funniest shows on TV right now. I've always liked Dave Chappelle ever since I saw him in Half Baked, and I loved last season.

This season seems to be turning out really great, with sketches poking fun at annoying celebrities, stupid commercials, and just about everything in between.

My favorite sketch so far is the one where Dave shows us how much he has changed in the past 10 years.
Oh, and the Moment in the Life of Little John sketchs are great too.

So, does anyone else like Dave Chappelle's brand of comedy?

I just got Comedy Central last month, so the intense craziness of Chappelle's Show totally caught me off guard. I love it. Dave Chapelle is completely insane. I had a feeling his show would be good, though. I've seen clips of his R. Kelly sex tape/music video sketch, plus I've been a semi-fan of his since Robin Hood: Men In Tights.

My favorite sketch would have to be the Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Story of Rick James. Dave had his Rick James impression down, and the real Rick James' input was icing on the cake. I also like the Negrodomas sketches, and the WacArnold's fast food worker.

"What did the five fingers say to the face? SLAP!"

I love this show, and it only continues to get better. The series, like South Park, pushes the envelope without being idiotic and crass for no reason. I love his "When Keeping it real goes wrong" segments, "Negrodamus", and "A moment in the life of Lil' John". The Lil' John sketches are actually very similar to a joke idea I came up with for a series I'm working on myself.

My favorite quote "I'm Rick James, *****".

[color=indigo][font=comic sans ms][size=1]Ah, Chappelle; I usually enjoy his show. It's ocassionally a bit to over-the-top for my tastes, but on the whole, I enjoy it muchly. ^__^

I particularly like the Samuel Jackson beer sketch. "Can you stop yelling?" "No! That's how I talk!"[/color][/size][/font]

I just started watching the show recently, I'd seen him do stand up comedy before so I already knew the guy was pretty funny. It's one of the better shows on Comedy Central at this point, I especially enjoy his skit about Eddie Murphy's brother kicking Rick Jame's *** and the skit about different music styles effects on different races, that was hilarious as well.

I heard that Season One of Chappell's Show was just released a week or two ago, on DVD.
Its supposed to be entirely uncut and have some cool extras, such as a look behind the scenes and bloopers.

I'm planning on buying the set, but haven't seen it in stores.
Has anybody seen it for sale anywhere? If so, whats the price? :therock:

[color=darkslateblue]The Chapelle show...I like that show a lot, although I have seen very few episodes. >>

Out of some I have seen,I like the one where he went to this Asian place and got this special camera; I thought it was absolutely hilarious.[/color]

I love the Dave Chappelle show with when Keeping it Real Goes Wrong, The Life of Lil John, The Charlie Murphy sketches real funny stuff. I love the one where Charlie Murphy and his crew had to play Prince and his friends that was funny. My favorite character and skit is the one with the Crackhead with Red Balls its Crack in a can baby and When he shows how some of our favorite movies would have turned out in the reality. He is a genius of funny I love Robin Hood Men in Tights and He did another movie too were he played a guy at a Wing place and a friend of his wanted to pretend he had been kidnapped so they could get rich.

• 6 months later...
The funniest show on T.V. today. Dave Chapelle's mind is so great. The way he poked fun at racism, his look at the different tastes of music between races , or his impressions of numerous celebrities, just makes him a comedic genius. He's the funniest comedian I know of.

:flaming: :wigout: I keep it real bitches! Wu Tang! :wigout: :flaming: