OtakuBoards

What if u made an anime?

Guest SailorMelina

Guest ScirosDarkblade
Mine would be about a few original characters of mine. In essence it would be a ancient-fantasy-world-based action comedy (sounds REAL original, doesn't it?). But of course it'd have an original plot and would star Sciros himself, who isn't human. I have most of the plot completely figured out and a good portion of it written down (and all character designs are complete), but I don't know what I'll actually end up doing with all the material. Maybe a Flash thing someday, if I have time to kill.

Mine would be about all tha animes and mangas going to war. All the good guy's verses the bad guy's from all the animes combined like Yoh Asakura and Vegaeta as generals and stuff. There would also be like betrayals like Lady Cubaru betraying the good army or something like that what do you all think?

[quote name='SailorMelina']if u made ur own anime, wat would it be about?(im really bored)[/quote]

You should thank Sciros, SailorMelina. He single-handedly saved this thread from certain closure. From now on, please put more thought and effort into your replies; this includes using proper grammar, spelling, capitalization, etc. If you have any questions regarding how to improve your post quality, feel free to PM me or one of the other moderators.

Grey Aurora, I'd like to learn more about your manga. Why don't you find the time to edit in a brief explanation of its plot?

~Dagger~

Brief? Darn, this is going to be tricky! ^_^
Anyway, the protagonist's name is Damon Longfellow, thus my title. Anyway, through matters out of his grasp his parents are inexplicably killed. A few years later he has a brief encounter with a girl at a bus stop on his way to his college classes. She dies because of a few gunshot wounds and changes his life forever. After said incident, he flees the scene and is later abducted. And his life is altered forever when he reaches his next destination. I can say no more as too much would be given away. ^_-

I AM making my own anime! (well.. actually manga...) And it's really long and hard to explkain, but briefly it is about the exploits of a confused protaganist (yari) trying to overcome the mysteries of the world's suspicious roots. He meets (what... lessee...) about 14 other people and they join his party. The only thing that links them? The underworld (the crime of the planet...). Yari must unite the Underworld in an attempt to overrun a corrupt military totalitarianistic government force bent on worldwide communistic rule, and a mad, venegous, rebel faction known as Chimera. Let's not forget the United Trade Federation. The answer to all Yari's questions remain in the Ancients, a race whose ancestors traveled to their planet from our Earth. Yari may not have enough time to save the planet, and the clock ticks. The only question is:

You must acknowledge that there are those who pull the puppetmaster's strings...

Oooh. Creepy. Anyway thats it! I have a lot more. PM me to find out more...

PEACE!

Guest Midnight Rush
um... mine would be about me and lots of hot girls and my misadventures. Sort of a Kill Bill style romantic comedy. I'd be an independantly wealthy guy who can afford to spend all his time fighting the yakuza and chasing hot girls. There would be at least sixteen or seventeen possible love interests, probably a few mobsters daughters and maybe even the Emperor's daughter herself (as an American I like a challenge baby!).
But thats a little shallow and immature. The first season would be killing off the less serious love interests, after that it would get serious fast. It would turn into one of those The Big O meets Love Hina things (hahhahahahhahahahahaha).
Then at the I'd die and so would the villian and the girl. Villain first, then me, the she commits suicide. Depressing, yet...yet..who knows?!

[QUOTE=Inu-yashas-girl]I've already made up an anime story... :D

my main character is Naori[/QUOTE]

Welcome to OtakuBoards, Inu-yashas-girl. ^_^

As you neither described your anime's basic plot nor told us who this Naori person is, I had no choice but to delete your post. After spending all the time to required to come up with a coherent storyline, surely you can devote a few additional minutes to telling us about it.

~Dagger~

If I made my own anime, the two lead protagonists would probably be named Leon and Christine. Naturally, they'll fall in love at some point.

First episode will be the set up, you know, they're childhood friends, and such and such. From there, the story will direct itself. I hate having a structured plotline or specific genre I want to fit it into before hand.
Whether it's an anime, a story, whatever, I like to give the characters the reigns. They control the direction of the story, so whatever happens happens (Whoever's actually willing to produce this will probably go ape on me for taking such a big risk). This also makes the characters feel more [I]alive[/I].

Maybe I'm being a bit overly vague here, but, meh. That's just the way I prefer to work :)

My idea is the kind of epic story, of a star angel that is cast into hell after taking a wrong turn. She is saved by a cursed death knight before she is raped by a pack of demons. Throughout the story you'll see em get over their rage and shyness, and not without it's share of humor and sadness, and that despite what they are, there can be something far more important. Yeah a bit corny but it has been proven to work.

I have projects in the running with groups of friends of mine.

Although it's doubtful they'll ever finish, they are Anime and Manga projects created for, and because of, our love for Anime.

The first is a Gundam Series called Gundam Miru. (It's a working title)
The series came to mind when my girlfriend, noted the many anti-feminine themes in anime and Japanese games. (It IS part of the Japanese culture) So she decided that we should create an anime, espcially Gundam, that would have a strong lead character that is neither directed towards girls or deemed slutty.

The second is group project between three friends to create a manga of Fei, Knights, and the end of the world. Full of magic and comedy, this series is the story currently in development. My partners wish to release it online someday.*

Now that I think of it... I feel like creating my own manga... just by myself. Possibly a highschool manga involving Shinigami... hmm...

-ArV

* At the pace we're going? -_-* I wish us good luck. :)

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]If I created an anime?

This is sort of a tricky question for me to answer, because my tastes tend to be incredibly "out there".

If I ever created an anime, I would preffer to focus on more psychological aspects of characters and storylines than actual events. It's just more fun that way.
I wouldn't want to stick the characters in an alternate universe, or overly-futuristic time period. I guess you could say that I'd want to create a story that takes place now, in a world just like ours in every way, though I would avoid giving the place it took place in an actual name at all costs.
As far as I'm concearned, you don't need to give a city a name for it to have a personality--it's more fun when you can take guesses as to what the place was based on, or which actual place it is meant to be.

I would definately have a character named Akiko, as that is the best name ever.

As for plot? Something internet-based would be cool. Perhaps I would focus on the individual lives of a group of people who assosciate over the 'net. I have written a few stories like this out of boredom...it's a neat concept to work with.

I think the most important thing is to be unique, however.

As some one stated earlier, trying to fit into a specific genre can really screw a story up.[/FONT][/COLOR]

if i ever created an anime, it'd be based on an RP my friends and i did for about three months near the end of 2002.

Several different anime stories come together, searching for something to save their worlds. Each knows something none of the others do, and they must work together.

Sounds crazy, but it was really awesome when we did it. It had Gundam, Inu-Yasha, Dragon Ball Z, and a whole bunch of others together... it was a good time-waster

If I made an anime, it would be based off of one of my stories. (I can't tell you the plots; you'll have to read them when they're published!) It would be full of action and move along swiftly, with many technical subtleties worked into the scenes. It's always either easier or harder to put little, important, catch-these-and-you'll-get-it bits into writing/an animated story, so all of the techniques I would have to use would depend on how obvious I wanted things to be. It would also seem like it was an intense plot on it's own, but the characters would be what the viewer is really interested in. (And you'll get a favorite character, and then I'll kill him. That's what I do.)
I would probably try to get the company that animated Rune Soldier to do my anime. They do a really great job with movement of any kind. If it's crappy, I'd go ballistic and renounce any connection to the company, and file a lawsuit against them for defiling my work. (I hate bad animation.)

[quote name='NeoNabishen']:laugh: Something basted on D&D. Wizards, Warriors, ext.[/quote]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Welcome to the OtakuBoards! First of all, I just wanted to let you know to please read the rules on post quality, as this post is considered spam and will be deleted. Please try to put more thoughts and efforts into your posts next time. Just take a look at the other posts in this thread and others. Thank you. *QA*[/color][/size]

This is a good topic, considering the insane amount of shonen manga on tv right now. Blech.

So yeah. My anime would definately involve a lot of violence and blood. Big guns and robots would be neat as well...maybe even a big gun shaped robot... or something. And somehow add that into the insane style of FLCL. But that's all I got.

[color=navy]I love it when I have a decent excuse to go on long rants about my insane, pointless little ideas.

Ever since the days when I first got in to "action" anime (Basically around the days of Gundam Wing on Toonami), I've been creating various anime/manga series, though for quite a while they were just the stereotypical "kiddy" anime one might find on Kids WB or FoxBox.

My first creation, which came about when I was probably nine years old, was basically a miserable rip-off of Gundam Wing.. "Gundam G-2" was its name, and it was a shallow tale about these three.. Teenagers, I suppose, who found these three hidden "Next Generation" Gundams. Wow, three Gundams that are the "children" of Wing Gundam, DeathScythe and HeavyArms. How original.

Regardless of the unoriginal plot, writing those nine fifteen-page chapters three times over was a good learning experience for me. The first time I ever really drew a comic book was with the first time I made up a Gundam G-2 comic. I remember spending all of my weekend picking out the 1/144 scale Gundam models I needed for a scene, posing them, and drawing the crappiest excuses for Gundams ever to be put on paper by a relatively artistic nine-year-old.

A while after I got into the extremely ameteur comic book making process, I saw some older kids planning some sort of video game, and they were making up characters. That night I spent a few hours drawing some characters to try and help them. However, I never saw those two kids ever again, but what I came up with that night has come to be my most deep and complex creation of mine to date. Of course, in the beginning it was very simple stuff, but the premise remains the same to this very day.

I would rather not go into the details about the plot of any of my series, though, as I do not like to reveal fragments of my stories before the entire presentation is complete.

There are quite a few ideas I've gone through in the past few years- Rounin Mech was my second take at the mech series, though it's not like it was much more developed than Gundam G-2, and I've been sort of re-designing this one in the recent months. Spiritual Advisor Seike was my take at romantic comedy, and I submitted it last year for the second TokyoPop Rising Stars of Manga contest. Of course I didn't win, though I did get a nice honorable recognition certificate from TokyoPop.

As for recent ideas, mostly one-shots for Rising Stars of Manga, I've thought about redoing Spiritual Advisor Seike. Now that I look back, the premise was pretty nice, and I could go in a lot of directions with the series. Besides, drawing the leading lady is fun. Her hair and facial expressions are the most vibrant and bubbly of what I've ever done. I've also toyed around with a different idea entitled "Super Cosplay Action Force." It's one of those series that basically makes fun of various genres of anime and manga, but in the one-shot version reserved for manga contests it's just about a gaggle of over-exxagerated stereotypes at an anime convention. It's fun stuff to make up, because I'm such an anime freak, but I've never actually made a comic of Super Cosplay Action Force- Only concept art.

My most recent and seemingly worthy series doesn't technically have a set name yet. It's a rather dark story, heavily dealing with angst, death of the undeserving and all that good stuff. I enjoy drawing this one a lot more than most of my creations. I do a lot more inking, and deal with different brush effects and shading a lot. Plus, the rather abstract, ghostly form of the protagonist is always a great image to use for various screentones.

As for the general outline of how I present my manga, I tend to rely more on dialogue and flashbacks to progress the story than fight scenes. My art teacher tends to read my manga and scolds me about not putting in enough action, but he doesn't know much about anime and manga outside of the mainstream nothing-but-action stuff. It's not entirely that I don't like action scenes as much as I have problems with characters in motion. Having everybody sitting around and talking with mostly close-ups on their faces is much easier. Yep, I'm a slacker.[/color]

Guest sarah3099
[quote name='SailorMelina][COLOR=Purple]if u made ur own anime, wat would it be about?(im really bored)[/COLOR'] :D[/quote]I would make (and already have made) one about my version of the second generation of sailor scouts. :)

[color=indigo]I think if I was going to create an anime, it would have to spoof most aspects of society, including itself. The series would be set in a bar or night club and feature a group of friends discussing various current events, debating political and religious ideologies, and pretty much arguing viewpoints about the world in general.

At one point in every episode at least two of the friends would begin physically fighting with each other aver some pointless disagreement. The audience would recognize the upcoming fight because campy Japanese music would crescendo in the bacground and the camera angle would circle around the backside of both competitors I picture having at least one fight that is a stare down, in which the cameras slowly picture each contender back and forth zooming in with each successive shot, then, at the height of the music both friends will fall down for seemingly no reason.

Every episode would also contain a sub plot, in which something devious was occuring (it could be anything from a bank robbery to aliens attempting to conquer the world). The group of friends would be oblivious of these dastardly deeds, yet somehow there antics would end up foiling them. Every episode would end with one of the charecters getting an award for foiling the devious plot without that charecter ever realizing what he or she had done.[/color]

Sounds like an episode of Jerry Springer. I'm sure it would get great ratings.

[color=hotpink][size=1]Posts like this are usually considered spam and are deleted. Please add more thoughts and efforts to your posts in the future. Thank you! *QA*[/color][/size]

Guest Wandering Mage
I think the people who did Witch Hunter Robin have stolen my li'l notebook of random inspirations. I was going to do one about magick and spells, but it's taken. :bawl:

~Blessed be~

[QUOTE=Wandering Mage]I think the people who did Witch Hunter Robin have stolen my li'l notebook of random inspirations. I was going to do one about magick and spells, but it's taken. :bawl:
[/QUOTE]
It's okay Wandering Mage, there are all sorts of magic animes. You could write one with a slightly different plot and characters. I mean, look at Love Hina and Maison Ikkokuu, they've got almost identical plots, but both are unique and cute (though I'm more familiar with Love Hina). My story has some plot elements that are inspired by (not based on, inspired by) YuGiOh, Inu-Yasha, Slayers, and many other animes. It's okay if your anime reminds peolpe of another anime, as long as it's unique. :D
Well, good luck! ;)