OtakuBoards

Dawn of the Dead - The new version ^_^

Pagan

I though Mekhi Phifer's charatcer was not what I expected. In fact I found his character rather useless to the story line. I really saw no place in the movie for the scenes with his wife, baby, and him. I'd rather have seen him in a more serious role... perhaps the protagonist of the story.

[quote name='Transtic Nerve']I though Mekhi Phifer's charatcer was not what I expected. In fact I found his character rather useless to the story line. I really saw no place in the movie for the scenes with his wife, baby, and him. I'd rather have seen him in a more serious role... perhaps the protagonist of the story.[/quote]

I thought Mekhi Phifer's character was really good in this movie, well mainly later [spoiler]when his wife got infected, and eventually became a zombie. He knew she was infected, yet kept her alive and made sure no one else knew. He tied her to a bed, and still didn't want to kill her after she died and came back as a zombie. It shows how fragile a person's mind can be, how it can vary in different people. Take, for example, the women, Ana. She lost her husband, and a very close friend, in the child, yet still kept her sanity all though both were apparently very dear to her. But Mekhi Phifer's character, Andre, just couldn't stand being without his wife, and child so he snapped under the pressure killing that women in the process for shooting his zombified(sp?) wife. I thought it added to the movie, and wasn't really useless.[/spoiler]

Now as far as including the pregnant women, well there are a few reasons why they put a pregnant woman in the movie here. One could be for realism, because who says if something like this happened in real life you won't come across a pregnant women. Second reason being, the same reason they put a zombified little girl in the movie (not much of a spoiler since it's in the trailer and beginning of the movie). It makes people uncomfortable, and that's what they want. They want to disturb you, make you feel disgusted. This is why these characters made it into the movie. They make it feel more realistic. Well, at least that's my opinion.