OtakuBoards

Duel Masters

dposse

have you seen this new anime called "Duel Masters"? Duel Masters is a cheap imitation of Yu-gi-oh! there are ALOT of similarities between Duel Masters and Yu-gi-oh. both are set around a card game. both have young kids who havent realized how good they can be. both have a older person who works at a card shop. both have magical forces. both have mysterious people in it. both shows has 3 friends that are on the sidelines during a duel. even the card games are almost the same!both card games have monster cards and magic cards. there are even more things the same with duel masters and Yu-gi-oh, but i think i said enough here. how could cartoon network think of putting such an obvious copy of Yu-gi-oh on TV????? :flaming:

[COLOR=#503F86]Wizards of the Coast want to try and gain their popularity back, it's as simple as that. The fact that in Yu-Gi-Oh, the card game is called Duel [i]Monsters[/i] could almost be enough for a lawsuit.

The game is definately not something I want to get into; I doubt the anime will be much different. Yu-Gi-Oh is as good as it is because it's not trying to be anything else and the storyline is original. Duel Masters to me sounds like BeyBlade with cards. But, that is an incredibly uninformed decision as I've never seen DM or its characters, nor heard anything about its plot.

dposse, try and work on your post quality. Capital letters, thoughtful comments and paragraphing never hurt anyone, you know. It would make things a bit easier and more interesting to read.[/COLOR]

Guest ArgolisDragon
Wizards doesn't need to regain their popularity. MTG is the biggest and most unique CCG/TCG out there, and Wizards is behind the juggernaut that is Magic: The Gathering.

Suprisingly, YGO's metagame is currently quite stale with only a few competitive decks, being beatdown, aggro for the better players, control, and Chaos.

Duel Masters is somewhat more varied. Imitation or not, Duel Masters has more depth, and the card art is second to none.

Guest jisuseru
That is pretty sad that they have the imatation....I haven't see it but with what i heard duel monsters sounds like it is coping....but i'll do my own reaserch and find out

Jisuseru, there was no need to include that quote (which was incidentally about ten times longer than your own reply), as your comments pertain directly to the subject of this thread. So I've taken the liberty of removing it.

Anyway, welcome to OtakuBoards. ^_^ Please pay attention to your post quality; for example, I had a hard time realizing that you meant to say "copying," not "coping." While my slowness may be due in part to lack of sleep, you should still strive to make your writing clear and easy to comprehend.

~Dagger~

[color=navy]I happened to see most of an episode of this show last night on Cartoon Network, and I can't say I was impressed in the least.

I agree with Solo when he says that Duel Masters is like Beyblade with cards. The first thing I noticed when I came in during the earlier portion of the show was that the characters all seem to be blatant stereotypes (even for anime) with over-enthusiastic voices. I suppose that what I saw was the first episode, because the main character, Shobu, was explaining about the basics of the game. His annoying, BeyBlade-esque voice kept me from comprehending anything about the game, except that "tapping" a card means to place it sideways. I forget the relevance of this card position, but it heavily reminded me of Defense Position in Yu-Gi-Oh!.

There were a couple of people that he was teaching the rules to, if I remember correctly. There was some nerdy guy with big glasses who was basically reinforcing the various rules to the ditzy girl who was doing weird freak-out expressions and spouting the writers' poor attempts at jokes. After "B-But wait, why do you call it 'tapping the card' if you don't really tap it?!", I couldn't take any more for a while. I did check back on it a few times during the rest of that half hour, however, just to see if there were any better parts to the series.

But I didn't see any of that. The rest of what I witnessed was basically Shobu with insane eyes shouting something as one of his poor CG monsters attacked some other horrid three-dimensional creature, and some announcer guys with irritating voices talking about how they never get tired of that move.

I also saw the Duel Masters cards in the mall today. The art pretty detailed, but I am not going to even buy a booster pack of this game. I think I'm pretty much over TCGs, heh.[/color]

Actually, that game is a bit more like Magic the gathering and as a TCG it is way better than Yugi, just the fact that it is from wizards of the coast says inuff about this series, and about copies thats the same they said about Digimon when pokemon was popular so in a while the whole copy thing will be over.

[quote name='rata']Actually, that game is a bit more like Magic the gathering and as a TCG it is way better than Yugi, just the fact that it is from wizards of the coast says inuff about this series, and about copies thats the same they said about Digimon when pokemon was popular so in a while the whole copy thing will be over.[/quote]

1. Duel Monsters was from Konami Japan. Don't even [i]think[/i] of comparing the American Duel Monsters to the original.
2. Duel Masters is KIND of an obvious give away in the copying department. Digimon did NOT copy Pocket Monsters. Where does it seem similar? Duel Masters (let's call it DM), just from the name, is so similar to Duel Monsters (let's call it DM) that you can't compare this comparison to the former comparison, Pocket Monsters and Digimon.
3. I will look more into this game and post edit this post.

-ArV

[i]addendum[/i]

I looked into the card game of Duel Masters. Frankly, the main character scares me...

Anyway, the game play is simple, as is the animation, which leads me to believe the target audience is of a younger stature than Yu-Gi-Oh! and Duel Monsters was in Japan. For all I care it could be an older target audience than Yu-Gi-Oh! in the west... But I digress.

As others in this thread have stated, it's similar to MTG as well as YGO-DM. You use monsters to attack, called Creature Cards, and you can use Spell cards to affect the game, and you use Mana to summon Creatures or Spells. An twist I found interesting is that instead of using Lands like in Magic, any card can become a Mana card when you turn it upside down.

Another interesting point in this game is that you don't use LP like the other two games. The game is won after you are attacked directly, though a direct attack can only be made after 5 counter cards, called shield cards, are attacked and destroyed. What's interesting to note about these Shield Cards, to make them unique, is that one the cards are destroyed (as shield cards) they resume their previous form (be it spell or creature) and return to your hand and you can use them later in the game (unless it's a special blah blah card)

Although the gameplay is interesting at a glance, something I could not credit YGO~DM or MTG for, the game seems to lack a certain excitement factor that I found in Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters from Trap Cards that can be activated on your opponents turn.

Also the amount of cards you have seems to be very limited as in, creatures, spells, blah.

This and the simpleness of the rules lead me to believe (without a doubt) that the game will become infinately more complicated with many more changes.

Being such a simple game, I rate this game 2 out of 5. To improve, I'd say, show me a way to counter an opponents attack with spells, rather than Shield and Defender cards. Show me some diversity in the rules, the way there's diversity in the cards.

-ArV

This message is in responce to dposse's post.

So? There are many things based on the same thing. Although Duel Masters deals with magical forces, but do they deal with DARK magical forces from "Millinium Items"? They may both have old men, but do they look the same or have the same names? Are the people who PLAY the game simular to those in Yugioh? Are the three friends also named the same?

My point is that, sure, they may seem the same. But actually LOOK at the story lines and compare before you go off and try to murder a possibly good show.

[QUOTE=Darius_Stomu]This message is in responce to dposse's post.

So? There are many things based on the same thing. Although Duel Masters deals with magical forces, but do they deal with DARK magical forces from "Millinium Items"? They may both have old men, but do they look the same or have the same names? Are the people who PLAY the game simular to those in Yugioh? Are the three friends also named the same?

My point is that, sure, they may seem the same. But actually LOOK at the story lines and compare before you go off and try to murder a possibly good show.[/QUOTE]

good point, darius and the others who posted. Here's some more simularites: both shows have Dueling Tournaments, both old men have shops that they own, both have Parents(or a parent figure) who were great Duelists, and even the two main characters look alike! Look at Yugi and the main character in Duel Masters! They both have spikey hair! Yu-gi-oh is famous for Yugi having spikey hair!!

[quote name='dposse']They both have spikey hair! Yu-gi-oh is famous for Yugi having spikey hair!![/quote]

Due to my lack of experience with these shows, I will refrain from commenting on any other potential similarities.

However, this is a pretty absurd assertion. The majority of popular shounen anime feature spikey-haired heroes. Yusuke, Goku, Hiei, Yugi, Vash the Stampede, Ginji, Ban,Tetsu and any number of other characters are "famous" for their unruly coiffures. If anyone exemplifies that type of person, it's Goku or Vash, not Yugi.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Dagger IX1]Due to my lack of experience with these shows, I will refrain from commenting on any other potential similarities.

However, this is a pretty absurd assertion. The majority of popular shounen anime feature spikey-haired heroes. Yusuke, Goku, Hiei, Yugi, Vash the Stampede, Ginji, Ban,Tetsu and any number of other characters are "famous" for their unruly coiffures. If anyone exemplifies that type of person, it's Goku or Vash, not Yugi.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

*sigh* yeah, your right. i forgot about the others with spikey hair. im sorry.

[color=hotpink][size=1]From now on, please put more thoughts and efforts into your posts. Otherwise, they will be deleted. Thank you! *QA*[/color][/size]

Guest ArgolisDragon
[QUOTE=r2vq]1. Duel Monsters was from Konami Japan. Don't even [i]think[/i] of comparing the American Duel Monsters to the original.....

-ArV[/QUOTE]

Damn straight man. I've been looking for someone here who would finally bring that point up. The American YGO franchise is pathetic compared to the JP YGO CCG/Anime/Magna or w/e. I can't stand some of these Eng. CCG players who sometimes think that the Eng. TCG is superior just because now the cards are in English.

Anyway, to the guy that said tapping was similar to changing to def. position...DUDE, "Tapping" is ORIGINAL to MAGIC THE GATHERING, not YGO. --;

[COLOR=Navy]You should only have quoted those portions of r2vq's post which are directly relevant to your own; I edited out the rest in order to conserve space.

~Dagger~[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=ArgolisDragon]Damn straight man. I've been looking for someone here who would finally bring that point up. The American YGO franchise is pathetic compared to the JP YGO CCG/Anime/Magna or w/e. I can't stand some of these Eng. CCG players who sometimes think that the Eng. TCG is superior just because now the cards are in English.
[/QUOTE]

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]Yay! Elitism! :rolleyes:

Duel Masers has obviously been imported to take advantage of Yu-Gi-Oh's popularity, but I doubt it will be as successful. The anime seems...lacking. The card game might be interesting (I haven't played it), but the fact that it's based almost directly on MTG seems like a deturrent to me. I'd just as soon play MTG if I were interested in either of them.

I do think that the name...well, it sucks. "Duel Masters" as compared to "Duel Monsters"? That'll make it aw ee bit difficult to assert that they're not cashing in on YGO's popularity.[/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE]The card game might be interesting (I haven't played it), but the fact that it's based almost directly on MTG seems like a deturrent to me.[/QUOTE]

*Sigh...* You don't get it much do you? It's a game created by Wizards of the Coast. It might even have the same people that worked on M:TG. Of coarse most of the consept is going to be the same. It's so that dedicated WotC fans don't think that they're going chibi-ish on us. They WANT the gameing to remain difficult. Unlike Yu-gi-oh which can make it so you're invincible (God cards...phht!). I'm sure that if Konami, the makers of YGO Trading Card Game, make another card game, they would have nearly the same things as YGO has: Sacking monsters for monsters, traps, magic, stuff like that.

[quote name='Darius_Stomu']*Sigh...* You don't get it much do you? It's a game created by Wizards of the Coast. It might even have the same people that worked on M:TG. Of coarse most of the consept is going to be the same. It's so that dedicated WotC fans don't think that they're going chibi-ish on us. They WANT the gameing to remain difficult. Unlike Yu-gi-oh which can make it so you're invincible (God cards...phht!). I'm sure that if Konami, the makers of YGO Trading Card Game, make another card game, they would have nearly the same things as YGO has: Sacking monsters for monsters, traps, magic, stuff like that.[/quote]

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]Watch your manners, hot shot. Of course they're the same, based on the same gameplay. My point is, if I were interested in Duel Masters, I might as well go right to the source and play Magic.

And God cards aren't invincible, or even legal. They suck.[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Darius_Stomu']It's so that dedicated WotC fans don't think that they're going chibi-ish on us.[/quote]

Um... I thought this game was from the Manga, Duel Masters?
They started off in the manga playing Magic: The Gathering, and then switched to a more "original" game. Duel Masters. That's why the game is so similar.

I hardly believe that the creaters of Magic: The Gathering expect people to just drop the M:TG decks they've held onto and worked hard on for years and years to play a new game which is so similar. Rather, I believe that the target audience of Wizards of the Coast's Duel Masters would be better spent with younger or newer card players who would play because of the anime on TV.

[quote]They WANT the gameing to remain difficult. Unlike Yu-gi-oh which can make it so you're invincible (God cards...phht!).[/quote]

As DeathBug stated, God Cards are not allowed in gameplay, they were release as collector's items.

The game play in Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters is actually mroe complicated than Duel Masters. There are simple rules in YGO-DM to attack and defend, but at the moment there are so many phases, card types, card modes, and cards basically that the newer game Duel Masters seems very simple and plain compared to YGO-DM! As for "invincible" in YGO-DM? Any deck created in YGO-DM can be countered and destroyed by another deck. That deck in turn can be defeated by another sort of deck. Each deck has its weakness, just like in M:TG and Duel Masters. It's pretty naive of you to say those ethings.

[quote]I'm sure that if Konami, the makers of YGO Trading Card Game, make another card game, they would have nearly the same things as YGO has: Sacking monsters for monsters, traps, magic, stuff like that.[/QUOTE]

The original game for YGO-DM was based off the Manga's card game: Magic and Wizards. The game consisted of you putting Monster cards down on a field and using those monsters to attack your opponent's army of monsters. Special power ups can be created from different cards.

The traits you speak of only evolved into the game after time. Even now in Japan and the western world the game is evolving and changing. You cannot generalize and say [i]Konami did this once, I'm sure they'll do it again,[/i] when there has been no evidence of such but rather more of an inclination to show how Konami and Kazuki Takahashi [b]works[/b] at their projects whole heartedly, trying to please all the fans who play while remaining true and original to the game itself.

I think your post was unresearched, biased and just out to slander Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and Duelists everywhere. Don't put words together and assume they're correct just because you said so. If you put a little more effort into what you wrote it might even be easier to take you seriously.

-ArV

Guest ArgolisDragon
[quote]Yay! Elitism!

Duel Masers has obviously been imported to take advantage of Yu-Gi-Oh's popularity, but I doubt it will be as successful. The anime seems...lacking. The card game might be interesting (I haven't played it), but the fact that it's based almost directly on MTG seems like a deturrent to me. I'd just as soon play MTG if I were interested in either of them.

I do think that the name...well, it sucks. "Duel Masters" as compared to "Duel Monsters"? That'll make it aw ee bit difficult to assert that they're not cashing in on YGO's popularity.[/quote]

Yay, Deathbug. You acuse me of elitism when half of the English CCG playing duelists do it themselves. How typical and hypocritical of you. People who recognize Upper Deck as the leading authority regarding YGO and only the Eng. CCG as if it were the only version of the CCG out there is pathetic and rather annoying to say the least.

So what if Duel Masters was created to offset YGO? YGO's metagame is stale currently and only a few archtypes of decks are competitive,while only a few types are supported, being dark, earth, and light. On the other hand, Duel Masters is fairly balanced and the amount of competitive archtypes are far more than Duel Monsters. Currently, Duel Monster's competitive tourney level decks are control and Chaos, and only really good players get the aggro, but Duel Masters offers far more variety.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=2][FONT=Garamond]Well, if anything, Duel Masters will eventually go through a stale point just as every other game does. At the begining of the OCG and TCG of Yu-Gi-Oh and Duel Monsters, all the types were established and had some support. But, as the sets came and went, the "management" notcied what type(s) were being used and made cards for them, as a rule you can't please everybody all of the time, so they went and made cards for the popular types and made money. Wouldn't you want to make money and loyal fans come and stay playing your game? But, back to my point, Duel Masters is "the new(er) game" and people are gonna try it out. So, I would expect WotC to do the same thing the people who control Yu-Gi-Oh do, cater to their fanbase.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='ArgolisDragon'] Yay, Deathbug. You acuse me of elitism when half of the English CCG playing duelists do it themselves. [/quote]

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]Wow, you've met every single English CCG player and made note of their attitude? Cool!

Or maybe you had a bad experience in your area with English players and decided you do'nt like them. That's no reason to show disrespect to the English players here. [/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='ArgolisDragon'] How typical and hypocritical of you. [/quote] Beg pardon, but "hypocritical" means that I'd have had to have been a disrespectful elitist myself. If I've done so, please inform me.

[quote name='ArgolisDragon'] People who recognize Upper Deck as the leading authority regarding YGO and only the Eng. CCG as if it were the only version of the CCG out there is pathetic and rather annoying to say the least. [/quote]

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]Gasp! There are folks who didn't bother to learn the full history of a card game before it was translated into their native language?! How can such people be allowed to exist?!

Besides, UD only prints the darn things in English; Konami of America makes all rulings, translations, and edits.[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='ArgolisDragon']So what if Duel Masters was created to offset YGO? [/quote]

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]No shame in that; Digimon was imported to capitalize off of Pokemon, and digimon was a vastly superior program. [/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='ArgolisDragon']YGO's metagame is stale currently and only a few archtypes of decks are competitive,while only a few types are supported, being dark, earth, and light. On the other hand, Duel Masters is fairly balanced and the amount of competitive archtypes are far more than Duel Monsters.[/quote]

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms] Okay, then play Duel Masters. Or Duel Monsters. Or both. Or niether. I don't care about archetypes or support as long as I'm having fun. Hmm, wonder why? Maybe because it's just a game...? [/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='ArgolisDragon']Currently, Duel Monster's competitive tourney level decks are control and Chaos, and only really good players get the aggro, but Duel Masters offers far more variety. [/quote]

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms] Only three viable deck types in YGO? Gee, but what about Warrior, Dark Magician, Buster Blader, Demon, Angel, Burner, Machine, Fusion, Dragon, Gravekeeper, Amazon, Harpie, Water, Beast, Exodia, Ouija Board, Zombie, or toon?

If the metagame in your area is stale, then play a different deck and change it. Or, quit the game. Whatever. Just stop dissing the english game and its players on this board. You're taking a card game way too seriously.[/color][/size][/font]

[size=1][color=navy]Ahh duel masters... I recall reading it when it first came out on the Koro Koro comic (a monthly manga magazine). I think the whole idea of bringing it into the U.S. is stupid. The manga itself was only for promoting Magic: The Gathering in Japan. Nothing more. Bringing it over in the U.S. where Magic started seems a bit pointless to me.

I'm not too sure on how the whole game of duel masters is because I quit reading the magazine shortly before the characters stopped dueling with MTG.[/size][/color]

Guest ArgolisDragon
[quote name='Deathbug']Beg pardon, but "hypocritical" means that I'd have had to have been a disrespectful elitist myself. If I've done so, please inform me.[/quote]

Hypocrisy is also when you preach something and contradict that with your actions. In that case, yes, you are a hypocrite. You seem to want to represent most English TCG players, then yes, in that case, you are a hypocrite.

[quote=Deathbug]Gasp! There are folks who didn't bother to learn the full history of a card game before it was translated into their native language?! How can such people be allowed to exist?!

Besides, UD only prints the darn things in English; Konami of America makes all rulings, translations, and edits.[/quote]

Not learn the full history of a game is acceptable. Its when they find out there is a Japanese version and then act like the English TCG is superior to everyone elses version, much less the Japanese even though the English TCG wasn't the original.

[quote name='Deathbug']No shame in that; Digimon was imported to capitalize off of Pokemon, and digimon was a vastly superior program.[/quote]

Digimon was also made 4-5 years before Pokemon. Either way both were pathetic franchises and some of the corniest ever made.

The TCG industry is fiercly competitive, when something works, someone else is bound to copy it. The truly great companies know how to seperate themselves from the rest, which is why YGO's metagame has to get more varied or the entire game will fall.

[quote name='Deathbug']Okay, then play Duel Masters. Or Duel Monsters. Or both. Or niether. I don't care about archetypes or support as long as I'm having fun. Hmm, wonder why? Maybe because it's just a game...?[/quote]

Way to avoid the point. So obviously you show you know nothing in this area. The point of this topic is comparing the two games, genious, so don't gimme that "Maybe its just a game" crap. Sure they're both just games, but this topic was started to compare them.

[quote name='Deathbug']Only three viable deck types in YGO? Gee, but what about Warrior, Dark Magician, Buster Blader, Demon, Angel, Burner, Machine, Fusion, Dragon, Gravekeeper, Amazon, Harpie, Water, Beast, Exodia, Ouija Board, Zombie, or toon?[/quote]

Do you not read? I said [b]COMPETITIVE TOURNEY-LEVEL[/b]. There, now its in bold for you.

- Warrior Decks: Aren't competitive and haven't been for a long time. Hand disruption and a superior rush ownz that simple concept for a deck theme.

- Black Magician? What are you kidding me? Too many specific card combinations which slow it down versus rush decks.

- Buster Blader? *sarcasm* With the onslaught of Dragon decks around the metagame I really wanna load up with this slow two-tribute monster...--;

- Demon? Common, but has diminished since the Chaos messengers entered the fray.

- Angel? One word to counter the deck: MST. If you can't figure that out that's your problem.

- Burner? Lava Golem burns are effective but they aren't considered tourney-level. Other burns are just well, slow.

- Machine? Sure Limit Break is a nice card, but the fact that Sphere Bomb is the only good Mecha support under 1500 atk points invites DDVD vulnerability.

- Fusion, Dragon, Gravekeeper, Amazon, Harpie? Uh no. SLOW, SLOW, hasn't had support since the mid-series 3 range(in ref. to Gravekeeper decks. Harpy decks? LMAO.

- Water? Water is a nice concept but in the end has the same vulerability as Angel decks. Both rely heavily on the usage of a field magic.

- Beast, Exodia, Ouija Board, Zombie, or toon? Ouija Board..rotflmao. Toon, uh no. Undead is nice, but like demon decks have diminished since the advent of Chaos decks. Exodia is only used when a OTK combo is present in the theme, that stall crap won't get it done. BTW, Exodia is the MOST vulnerable deck archtype in this metagame..control anyone? Beast is a DDVD massacre.

[quote name='Deathbug']If the metagame in your area is stale, then play a different deck and change it. Or, quit the game. Whatever. Just stop dissing the english game and its players on this board. You're taking a card game way too seriously.[/quote]

Its not just the metagame in my area. Its the general metagame around the YGO playing community. Its reflected in the tournaments and by the general players that voice their opinions on the major YGO boards. I'm taking it too seriously? You're the one ranting about it adamently. Besides, the point of this topic is to debate these two games.

You don't want the English TCG to be dissed? Well I got something for you. If you don't like it, IGNORE IT and deal with it. People are going to have their opinions and that is that. Its not your place to force your views on me like I should respect the Eng. players, because while they're acting all that, they forget that all they're doing is copying those who have been playing the JP CCG for years longer than they have.

[quote name='Deathbug']Yay, Deathbug. You acuse me of elitism when half of the English CCG playing duelists do it themselves.[/quote]

Uh no. Go take a look at the general Eng. CCG playing community. Take a pick of the major YGO boards: YGOD, YGOR, YGOF, DeckRevolution, pojo..

At least half of em act like they're bigshots when they're not.

[COLOR=#503F86]If you can't discuss this issue [b]sensibly[/b] I will close this thread. It's stupid to get so riled up about what is just a card game. The main object of Yu-Gi-Oh, Duel Masters, Magic: The Gathering or whatever is to [i]have fun[/i].

Regardless of what anyone might think of either, there's no reason for anyone to be dishing out personal attacks. Don't push it.[/COLOR]

Guest ArgolisDragon
[QUOTE=Solo Tremaine][COLOR=#503F86]If you can't discuss this issue [b]sensibly[/b] I will close this thread. It's stupid to get so riled up about what is just a card game. The main object of Yu-Gi-Oh, Duel Masters, Magic: The Gathering or whatever is to [i]have fun[/i].

Regardless of what anyone might think of either, there's no reason for anyone to be dishing out personal attacks. Don't push it.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
You do realize I was just replying to his personal attack against me right ><;;

[COLOR=#503F86]I wasn't just referring to you, Argolis. Besides, if you feel you've had a personal attack made against you, the best thing to do is simply to tell a Moderator. Creating a personal attack back is as much against the rules as the first. I thought you'd know this by now.

Getting back to the topic at hand: having seen some Duel Masters Starter Decks for sale, I must admit that the monster designs I saw on the packs are quite nice, and a fair amount better than some of the early Yu-Gi-Oh card designs. Some cards in Legend of Blue Eyes, Metal Raiders and Magic Ruler really weren't that impressive to look at. The latest sets are much better.

Pictures aren't enough for me to go out and buy DM; After having sent so long playing Yu-Gi-Oh I don't think I really want to start collecting another CCG. I just can't be bothered.[/COLOR]