OtakuBoards

Heavy/Dark/Gothic Metal

xxxGothChickxxx

Guest xbloodfightx
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Genkai [/i]
[B]Meh. that's what I hear when I listen to some of my friends' death metal. Most of it sounds the same to me, and it's along those lines. [/B][/QUOTE]

Really? If it's saying that, how can you understand it? It has nothing to do with Satanism. Although a key part of the lyrical process is through using lyrics of that sort, that isn't the main focus. And if you are gonna make fun of Death Metal. Do what my friends do, "DON'T FORGET THE DOUBLE BASS!!!!!" and slap the table with both hands a million times to try and imitate it.

My bands name is Hour of Death. But we might change the name. We sound more like From a Second Story Window more than any other band. We are chaotic metalcore. It's hot, but I don't know if it will last.

YOU CAN GO TO THE FACEDOWN FEST?! I HATE YOU! I want to go, but I'm no where's near it. I want to see the last show by Disciple xADx and I want to see Symphony In Peril. SIP is one of my favorite bands and I'd so want to see them.

I already missed As I Lay Dying, With Honor, Himsa, Sworn Enemy, and From a Second Story Window. They just came here like a week ago. :(

Im with Genkai its evil music forget Death Metal I like Classic Rock Heavy Metal hurts my ears I'd rather listen to Classic Rock, then Rap, Then Hip Hop those are my fav. musics in transending order. I love AC/DC and Led Zepplin Heavy Metal to me hurts my ears and its hard to understand what they say and Death Metal just sounds evil and possessed to me and there videos are sometimes nasty and sick.

Guest xbloodfightx
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Inuyasha7271 [/i]
[B]Im with Genkai its evil music forget Death Metal I like Classic Rock Heavy Metal hurts my ears I'd rather listen to Classic Rock, then Rap, Then Hip Hop those are my fav. musics in transending order. I love AC/DC and Led Zepplin Heavy Metal to me hurts my ears and its hard to understand what they say and Death Metal just sounds evil and possessed to me and there videos are sometimes nasty and sick. [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow, if it hurts your ears, turn it down. I hate all classic rock and classic metal, it sucks. It sounds evil and possessed? How? The growls? The double bass? The insane guitar solos? Where does that get evil? Maybe the growls but you are not used to it. The videos? If you've seen a death metal video, it isn't all that bad.

Now if anyone wants me to explain the difference between black and death metal. I will if you want. But I'm not wasting my time.

What really rocks is classic rock. I love groups that sound that make songs like the old rockers did groups I like are AC/DC, Guns and Roses, Sex Pistols, and Rolling Stones. Groups I like that are around know are: The Darkness and Jet so far they sound like good old fashion rock groups. This death metal whatever it sounds dark evil and satanic not all of them, but some of them are just plain scary and what are they wearing good lord man.

Guest xbloodfightx
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Inuyasha7271 [/i]
[B]What really rocks is classic rock. I love groups that sound that make songs like the old rockers did groups I like are AC/DC, Guns and Roses, Sex Pistols, and Rolling Stones. Groups I like that are around know are: The Darkness and Jet so far they sound like good old fashion rock groups. This death metal whatever it sounds dark evil and satanic not all of them, but some of them are just plain scary and what are they wearing good lord man. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, let's just take a look into WHAT they are wearing...All Black, Leather, Giantic Spikes, Long Hair Metal Hair [not wearing of course, natural] and sometimes white and black make up. Now how is that "just plain scary"

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by xbloodfightx [/i]
[B] I hate all classic rock and classic metal, it sucks.[/B][/QUOTE]

Did you ever think, that without that, you wouldn't have death metal, or heavy metal, or nu metal now?Without Edison, we wouldn't have a light bulb..without..Einstine, we wouldn't have..er..anything! By the way, AC/DC rules ^__^

Guest xbloodfightx
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by anime_guy [/i]
[B]Did you ever think, that without that, you wouldn't have death metal, or heavy metal, or nu metal now?Without Edison, we wouldn't have a light bulb..without..Einstine, we wouldn't have..er..anything! By the way, AC/DC rules ^__^ [/B][/QUOTE]

Nope, maybe if you go back two generations. Most of the hardcore/metalcore bands got it from the 80's stuff and by then, Cannibal Corpse was out, wrecking the death metal scene.

Guest xbloodfightx
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by anime_guy [/i]
[B]Ugh... Whatever...trace it back, without the "crappy" metal, you wouldn't have death metal etc....I'm done argueing with you....politics is mroe my bag ^__^
That's my final word... [/B][/QUOTE]

Hah, you basically...You've been owned. Ok, glad you understand.

• 2 weeks later...
Okay ive been looking over the over posts and seen that alot of great metal bands have not been mentioned here.

Decide
Decapitated
Morbid Angel
Lunaris
Ephil Duath
Mortis
Carcass
Napalm Death
Anal Blast
Emporer.

I mean if you are gonna talk metal then this bands that are metal. I know i posted before with the bands i really like but i like this too but anit my favourites but i really like this bands cause their proable dark and death metal at its best. Also who ever said alot of the metal on this thread is just NU Metal well heres a point
(Drum Roll)
NU Metal is heavy too. Point Made.

[quote name='xbloodfightx']Hah, you basically...You've been owned. Ok, glad you understand.[/quote]

I've been owned? ha! I'm just sick of arguing with the likes of an idiot like you O_o Yes, I know, I shouldn't have said that, but whatever...
[Edit]: Don't bother responding to my post, since I left the OB, and I don't post anymore after this

You guys are acting like children (which I wouldn't doubt you are). Why is this thread still going? Let's see if I can jump start it...

I'm going to Facedown Fest!!! Yes, that means I own (and you don't) I get to see Symphony in Peril and Nodes of Ranvier together (plus a bunch of other metal/hardcore bands that will own you live). After Facedown Fest I will be going to the Solid State tour. On this tour I will see Norma Jean (aka Marylin Monroe... or 5 guys ripping of her name). Yes, you heard me right, Norma Jean, probably the best live show of any current hardcore band out there right now.

So, hardcore/metal is awesome and me>you, your mom, and you dog.

Just thought I would get a rant in here before this thread died.

• 4 weeks later...
This is for alll rockers to tell if they really like Heavy Metal, things like Linkinpark and those new popular rock don't count as rock for me, so just try to say groups who at least have guitar solo's.

Guest Chimaira
metallica- the 1st
iron maiden- 2nd best of the older metal bands
papa roach - real good heavy band
ill nino - spanish rock at its finest
yellowcard - best new band of the year
and so on......
talk about any band to me then:cool:

I love metal. Black metal specifically.

I'm listening to Emporer right now.

Dimmu Borgir, Gorgoroth, Immortal, Children of Bodom, vintage Iced Earth, vintage King Diamond, Exoddus, Marduk, Tiamat, Carpathian Forest, are some of my more prized black/thrash metal bands.

Sonata Arctica, Symphony-X, Stratovarius, Mob Rules, Nightwish, Mercury Tide, Dream Evil, Angel Dust, Rhapsady, and Blind Guardian are some of my favorite more melodic metal bands.

Opeth, and Anathema are probably the only gloom/death metal bands that I like.

chimaira:
ill nino - spanish rock at its finest

If you want spanish rock get something from Rata Blanca specially this songs "La Leyend del Hada y el Mago" and "Rompe el Hechizo". Thats the best spanish rock band for me.

First thing on my mind: I personally think KoRn is over rated, I don't like their style really. I've been playing guitar for about five years now and I just don't see the talent behind it, but they're okay sometimes I suppose.

Hypocrisy is a great Swedish metal band. One of my favorites, I highly recommend them. Acid Bath is also a really awesome band. If anybody's interested download Dope Fiend by Acid Bath, it got me hooked.

The main problem with KoRn is that they've really not evolved much since their inception. Some of their demos from before they were signed are [i]still[/i] appearing on random new releases of theirs. I used to be pretty into Follow the Leader, for what it was worth. Now I can't even bring myself to listen to most of it, but I just had different interests early in High School lol. Their old stuff is worth the time, but they're pretty much burnt out at this point, in my opinion.

Exactly. I think it's about time for Davis to turn in already. He's got his money and he's released his inner-demons, now he's just out of material. It was nice while it lasted, but I think it's time for KoRn to retire into the cheap thrills hall-of-fame.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mirokulover9
[font=Century Gothic][size=4][color=black]I [font=Comic Sans MS]like most of the bands but GODMACK [u][color=red]SUX!![/color][/u][/font][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=black]u should try LIMP BISKIT!!:devil: [/color][/size][/font]