OtakuBoards

Heavy/Dark/Gothic Metal

xxxGothChickxxx

[COLOR=blue]SOOOO!! Who in this forum besides me is a dark metal heavy metal and death metal fan? My fav bands well i have so many i can only name a few umm slipknot,dimmu bogir,shut down,hatebreed,primus,cradle of filth, GODSMACK (yes i know alternative metal) fear factory drowning pool coal chamber and a lot a lot more shadow fall is great too i have a loy more but it would be too long of a post lol! Anyone else?[/COLOR]

If you want to keep this thread going, mention why you like...all of those cool bands, lol.

I like Slipknot, Godsmack, Cradle of Filth and many other bands. I have liked Slipknot for quite a while now, they are a great band with great lyrics, vocalists, and beats. I also like how the band looks with all their cool masks and all.

I've liked KoRn as well, but i don't see too many good songs in there new album Take a Look in the Mirror, its alright, but i like their previous album better.

I started listening to Godsmack about 2 months ago, and they have become one of my favorites. Their music is great, and i find myself listening to them often.

I dont listen to Cradle of Filth a whole lot, but there music is alright. I like other bands too like Mudvayne, MM, and disturbed as well, but mostly for the same reason of the other bands.

I'm a huge fan of heavy/dark/death metal and some hard rock, since it's pretty much the only kind of music I like. I got like 50 favorite bands so I'm going to mention some of them.

One of my most favorite bands is SlipKnot for the incredibly hard sound and screaming lyrics. I also like some of the meanings of the songs, like for "Surfacing". Marilyn Manson would be next on my list, and I really liked the Golden Age of Grotesque, but Mecahnical Animals would have to be my favorite album, since I find it as the most depressing out of all the others.

Recently I've been listening to KoRn's alot, since I got ahold of their latest album, Take A Look In The Mirror, a few days ago, but the problem is that it's not that long, but I really enjoyed it while it lasted. The album had some songs that were similar to the previous albums, which I like, but "Ya'll Want A Single" would have to be my favorite.

I also like some older metal bands, my most favorite being Iron Maiden. After twenty years they're still playing. I really love the sound and Bruce Dickinson's vocals melding together, and the dark-themed songs.

I also like most of the bands that were already mention previously, but I'm going to stop here.

I have counted out all of those bands I like there are 250 of them so that tiz why I couldn't name them all...They hard coreness just keeps me alive...music is really everything...i dunno wut i would do with out my heavy/dark/death metal or my band i think i would die....tiz why i love it so friggin much!!!!

[color=crimson]I enjoy listening to a varity of metal. I used to be a huge SlipKnot fan but their songs became repetitive to me. Maybe I listened to them too much. >_>

Right now I am heavily into Mastodon. If you like metal at all, you should give them a listen- I reccomend the songs "March of the Fire Ants" and "Mother Puncher". Good vocals, good lyrics, good sound- good all around.

Nile, too. Pretty heavy stuff- more screaming vocals, not that I get tired of everyone screaming in metal or something. [^_~] I guess they are black metal- "Unas Slayer of the Gods" and "Churning the Maelstrom" are my favorite songs off their latest CD.

Hm. Who else deserves a direct mention. I guess Opeth- they have alot of acoustic/softer parts to their songs, but they still are good metal. Plus, they can sing- [b]wow[/b]. The guitaring is unique to me for some reason too- I like it. Gotta listen to "The Drapery Falls". I need to get their latest CD.

Pig Destroyer. Definately. Just, worship them. Get whatever you can, however you can- they are Gods. o.o;

I think that is about it. Other bands that deserve a passing mention- Strapping Young Lad, Devin Townsend Band, Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Sepultura, Lamb of God, Alabama Thunderpussy ["Motor-ready" rocks], Glassjaw [not metal, deserves mention], December, Pantera, Cry for Dawn, Machine Head, Ion Dissonance, Circle Takes The Square, Dying Fetus, Ministry, [b]Dog Fashion Disco[/b], Deftones, Poison the Well, Meshuggah, Blindside [hard rock, deserves mention], Arch Enemy, As I Lay Dying, Chimaira, Skinlab, Otep.

That about rounds it out.[/color]

Okay, so DeathKnight gets lots of browny points for posting many good metal bands. Bands like: As I lay Dying, Poison the Well (though this is not really a "metal" band), ect...

I tend to lean towards hardcore music, but because metal and hardcore are so closely related I'll list a few hardcore bands.

Anyway, one band that any metal fan should listen to, is [b]Extol[/b]. Their newest album, [i]Synergy[/i] is an extreme technical mess of beauty. They are one of the few metal bands that have started out as one thing, and evolved into something different. Plus, they are now signed to Century Media records, so their album shouldn't be to hard to find

And since we're listing the hardcore (i.e. Hatebreed, Poison the Well), I add some of mine. One would be Norma Jean. If I can recomend one band to a hardcore music lover, it would have to be them. Go buy their album, [i]Bless the Martyr, Kiss the Child[i/], then come back and tell me how much you love them. It may be a bit harsh at first, but after a while you find certain things about it that make it special. So anyway, that's a great album.

Also, I would like to recomend(again) the band ZAO. I have started a few threads on them, so I won't go into why I like them. But, go get [i]When Blood and Fire Bring Rest[i/], and you'll understand.

Honorable mentions: Symphony In Peril, The Agony Scene, Blind Guardian, .hopesfall., Fear Before the March of Flame, Nodes of Ranvier, old From Autumn to Ashes, 7 Angels 7 Plagues, As I lay Dying, Poson the Well, Training for Utopia, and my mind is going blank so maybe I fill in more latter...

I'm a HUGE fan of hevey metal ^_^ Ever heard of Static-X? Mudvayne? They're pretty good too ^___^ Slip Knot, is one of my favorite bands, I don't really have any heavy metal Cd's though... I should start to buy some....Do you like Trapt? not really heavy metal, sorta punk, but they're still good! Heavy metal and punk for me ^_^

I like a lot of the bands mentioned, but haven't listened to some of them and will give them a try-
I've been meaning to listen to Opeth, they've been recommended to me a couple different times.

I love static-x, godsmack, system of a down, powerman 500- that kind of stuff.

Anyone into hardcore girl-bands? like Kittie, Jack off Jill (alas they are no more, last i heard), kidneythieves, Otep, My Ruin- I love these girls!!

Its got to be heavy and hardcore for me. Slayer, slipknot, machine head, pantera, morbid angel, Sepultura, in flames, hate breed , raging speed horn, motor head, nile, immolation, kittie, craddle of filth. Are proabley my favouritr bands cause i love metal. I just love the kick out of metal i get when i listen. Just bought God Hates us all by slayer . I love it yeah.

I like heavy/Death metal.
My favorite bands are Slipknot. Mudvayne, Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Bogir, Avenged Sevenfold, Marilyn Manson, Korn, Some of Stone Sour, MurderDolls, and alot more!

I love the lyrics in the songs and i love how they play and scream. Death metal and Heavy metal interests me because of that!

Guest xbloodfightx
Wow, you are all fools...Everyone of you. First off, 95% of the bands that you all named besides OlgaTheDwarf and DeathKnight are nu metal or really crappy metal. And not one of you mentioned Cannibal Corpse. They are the DEFINITION of death metal. Slipknot is one word. Hatebreed is one word. Where do you people find this stupid information? The rest of you didn't name any hardcore bands. At all, so don't even try it. Trapt isn't punk, it never was, never will be. I'm not trying to sound like a music god here, it just seems apparent that these forums know absolutely NOTHING about what they speak. And WolfAngel, the bands you named for your so called "Girl-Hardcore" bands are not hardcore at all. Maybe with the exception of My Ruin but not really.

I'm a hardcore kid though, I'm more into hardcore and metalcore. Grind is good too. I'll name some bands if you want...OlgaTheDwarf named some really good bands...You should check them out. Right now I am addicted to Symphony In Peril, As I Lay Dying, Bleeding Through, and They Came Burning. All four are very very nice metalcore bands. I could name so many sick bands that my eyes would bleed. So I won't unless you all want to be educated and not be like the rest of America, brainwashed; fooled by the media. And stupified by your own ignorance.

Sorry for this, this thread just got me really annoyed. You won't be seeing much of me, but you know, probably in this thread you'll see a lot of me. Because this just annoyed the crap out of me. I hate it when I see stuff like this.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by xbloodfightx [/i]
[B]And WolfAngel, the bands you named for your so called "Girl-Hardcore" bands are not hardcore at all. Maybe with the exception of My Ruin but not really.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I thought about telling them that, but nobody really listens. Anyway, if anyone is interested in "girlcore" check out the band, Still Breathing. I personally, think that they suck terribly, but they're still more hardcore than a lot.

[B]
Sorry for this, this thread just got me really annoyed. You won't be seeing much of me, but you know, probably in this thread you'll see a lot of me. Because this just annoyed the crap out of me. I hate it when I see stuff like this. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's kind of annoying when people think bands like disturbed are hardcore and "teh heaviest thing ever!!!". BUt, whatever, if they want to think that way they can, yelling at them won't change their mind. But I do try and educate them on stuff, by telling them about bands I'm into, though not many care.

Another good band you whould listen to is This Runs Through. They are another Melodic hardcore band, but still really good. Their aren't together anymore, due to the fact that their Vocalist left to join Underoath, but they had promise.

All of us like the bands that we mentioned. Bloodfight, you dont need to go around tellin people that the bands they enjoy suck. If you like all of those bands you mentioned, you could at least recommend them to others instead of criticizing other's ideas. For example, recommend a song from Cannibal Corpse or somethin. You say youre not actin like a music god? Think again, ur actin like you know all about metal. You say this thread annoys you, well ur annoyin the thread in my opinion.

I'm not tryin to start any conflict, it just seems that you barged in taking over others ideas.

Also, im not trying to act as a moderator, its just that It annoyed me to see that post.

Guest xbloodfightx
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OlgaTheDwarf [/i]
[B]Haha, I thought about telling them that, but nobody really listens. Anyway, if anyone is interested in "girlcore" check out the band, Still Breathing. I personally, think that they suck terribly, but they're still more hardcore than a lot.

Yeah, it's kind of annoying when people think bands like disturbed are hardcore and "teh heaviest thing ever!!!". BUt, whatever, if they want to think that way they can, yelling at them won't change their mind. But I do try and educate them on stuff, by telling them about bands I'm into, though not many care.

Another good band you whould listen to is This Runs Through. They are another Melodic hardcore band, but still really good. Their aren't together anymore, due to the fact that their Vocalist left to join Underoath, but they had promise. [/B][/QUOTE]

Did you hear the new Underoath song? It's on their site. It's good!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heretic_Hatred [/i]
[B]All of us like the bands that we mentioned. Bloodfight, you dont need to go around tellin people that the bands they enjoy suck. If you like all of those bands you mentioned, you could at least recommend them to others instead of criticizing other's ideas. For example, recommend a song from Cannibal Corpse or somethin. You say youre not actin like a music god? Think again, ur actin like you know all about metal. You say this thread annoys you, well ur annoyin the thread in my opinion.

I'm not tryin to start any conflict, it just seems that you barged in taking over others ideas. [/B][/QUOTE]

Didn't say that you SHOULDN'T like them. I'm saying get your genre's straight, it's like kids prancing around "Blink 182 and Sum41 are PUNXXXX!!!!!!"How about you do something for yourself. Look for a song, do it yourself. I'm not saying I know all about metal, I'm saying I'm not an idiot like most of the people that posted in this thread. How can the thread be annoyed? Does this thread have the ability to have emotions? Does it? Exactly, it doesn't. So shut up before you make even more of a fool out of yourself.

Regardless, you might want to work on a better way of explaining your thought processes than simply insulting people. I can't argue that many people here think anything remotely hard is heavy/death metal, but there's a better way to go about informing them of their lack of knowledge on genres than by calling them idiots and fools lol. I'd have to agree with Olga that it won't have much effect no matter how you do it, though.

In any case, nu-metal has sadly infected everyone's ideas of what good, heavy bands should sound like. I wouldn't mind it being scourged from the earth, for the most part heh. I don't know how anyone can like Disturbed, for example. Personally, I probably wouldn't be too into the "good" stuff mentioned by Olga and Death Knight anyway. I'm mostly past my metal/hardcore/whatever stage, although there are some exceptions here and there. I love Dog Fashion Disco (which was named by Ken), whatever you'd like to consider them. I'm more into more technical metal like Dream Theater and Anathema, personally.

And since they were mentioned, Jack Off Jill broke up years ago. Jessicka, the vocalist, is lead for a band called Scarling now. Their LP comes out this month. From what I've heard I'm expecting very good things.

[color=crimson][size=1]Cradle of Filth - This band is like a symphony of disastrous proportions crackling through the underground caverns ravaging through death metal lovers. Since the moment my ears were touched by there sound I was instantly liking their music. To bad there more like mainstream death metal. Like everyone I know, knows of this band. It?s my top favorite band as far as I?m concerned by any music standards.

Dimmu Borgir - I think I like this band because of the way they blend sounds and have electronics and orchestra blended into the same song. I can?t even really say anything about this band, but they are great.

Dark Tranquility - I like this particular band because of just the resonating voice that echoes from him is just awesome as for my opinion. I?m not great at giving reviews about bands as it anyways, so that?s just about it.

As for the semi sort of tradition of this thread. Bands that deserve mentioning are.
Six Feet Under, Nile, Soilwork, Hatebreed, Killswitch Engage, Pantera, Nothingface, Extol, As I Lay Dying, Poison The Well, Muderdolls, In Flames, Chimaira, Children of Bodom, Katatonia, From Autumn to Ashes, Shadows Fall, Theatres Des Vampires, Dark Funeral, Rob Zombie (deserves mention), Marilyn Manson (Deserves Mention), Lamb of God, Down, Type O Negative, Venom and about a thousand more. I know some of these have been mentioned, but they deserve to be mentioned again. [/color][/size]

Guest xbloodfightx
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]Regardless, you might want to work on a better way of explaining your thought processes than simply insulting people. I can't argue that many people here think anything remotely hard is heavy/death metal, but there's a better way to go about informing them of their lack of knowledge on genres than by calling them idiots and fools lol. I'd have to agree with Olga that it won't have much effect no matter how you do it, though.

In any case, nu-metal has sadly infected everyone's ideas of what good, heavy bands should sound like. I wouldn't mind it being scourged from the earth, for the most part heh. I don't know how anyone can like Disturbed, for example. Personally, I probably wouldn't be too into the "good" stuff mentioned by Olga and Death Knight anyway. I'm mostly past my metal/hardcore/whatever stage, although there are some exceptions here and there. I love Dog Fashion Disco (which was named by Ken), whatever you'd like to consider them. I'm more into more technical metal like Dream Theater and Anathema, personally.

And since they were mentioned, Jack Off Jill broke up years ago. Jessicka, the vocalist, is lead for a band called Scarling now. Their LP comes out this month. From what I've heard I'm expecting very good things. [/B][/QUOTE]

But I did call them fools for a reason. It's just annoying so everyone is brainwashed. I can't take the declining rate of intelligence when it comes to music. You know, it's like the people in the 70's and 80's calling Iron Maiden death metal or heavy metal. Totally off...Personally, I hate classic metal.

If you like technical hardcore/metalcore or anything technical. I seriously suggest you listen to Into The Moat[good buds of mine], Between The Buried and Me, and A Life Once Lost. That's about all the technical stuff that i can think of as of right now. If you like what I told you, I bet I could remember some more if you want.

[q]UOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]
And since they were mentioned, Jack Off Jill broke up years ago. Jessicka, the vocalist, is lead for a band called Scarling now. Their LP comes out this month. From what I've heard I'm expecting very good things. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey I heard that band... somewhere. They did a Radiohead cover. I can't say I was ever into Jack Off Jill, but Scarling wasn't bad.

[B]Did you hear the new Underoath song? It's on their site. It's good!
[/B][/QUOTE]

No, not yet. I have a crappy internet connestion, so I'll probably have to listen to them at school.

[B]If you like technical hardcore/metalcore or anything technical. I seriously suggest you listen to Into The Moat[good buds of mine], Between The Buried and Me, and A Life Once Lost. That's about all the technical stuff that i can think of as of right now. If you like what I told you, I bet I could remember some more if you want. [/B][/QUOTE]

So, you like Between the Buried and me? I personally can't stand the lead singer's vocals. He has a good yell, but I do not like the low growl he has and he uses that a lot. Now, I now they have had previous releases before their Victory Records release, so has it always been the same vocalist? Also, have you heard of the band One Amazing Kid, it has the two guys that left .hopesfall. and someone from BTBAM in it. I've heard good things about them and wanted to check them out, but bad internet connection is not fun.

I'll have to check them out xbloodfightx. Thanks. I'll let you know what happens.

Otherwise, I guess I'll always have a place in my heart for bands like Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Danzig, Motorhead and so forth. I'm by no means one of those people who's like "metal was so much better back in the day!!!", but it's still good stuff.

I was actually at Tower records today and they had a whole display that was labeled "hard". They had a few bands I like such as Coheed and Cambria. They also had a few you guys mentioned... it seemed like most were from Trustkill.

For some reason the Ramones were on there too. I like the Ramones, but they seemed out of place lol.

[quote]First off, 95% of the bands that you all named besides OlgaTheDwarf and DeathKnight are nu metal or really crappy metal. And not one of you mentioned Cannibal Corpse. They are the DEFINITION of death metal. Slipknot is one word.[/quote]

1. Slip Knot is not one word.
2.Note the title of the thread "Heavy/Dark/Death METAL!" Nu metal, may not be as "Heavy" as you like, but, some people don't like it that heavy, so they would say that Nu metal is heavy.

[quote]it just seems apparent that these forums know absolutely NOTHING about what they speak. [/quote]
Is the name of this forum "Heavy metal Boards"? No, so, people shouldn't need to know that here.

And, as my final word, as Semjaza Azazel said,
[quote]Regardless, you might want to work on a better way of explaining your thought processes than simply insulting people. I can't argue that many people here think anything remotely hard is heavy/death metal, but there's a better way to go about informing them of their lack of knowledge on genres than by calling them idiots and fools lol. I'd have to agree with Olga that it won't have much effect no matter how you do it, though.[/quote]

Guest xbloodfightx
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OlgaTheDwarf [/i]
[B][q]UOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]

Hey I heard that band... somewhere. They did a Radiohead cover. I can't say I was ever into Jack Off Jill, but Scarling wasn't bad.

No, not yet. I have a crappy internet connestion, so I'll probably have to listen to them at school.

So, you like Between the Buried and me? I personally can't stand the lead singer's vocals. He has a good yell, but I do not like the low growl he has and he uses that a lot. Now, I now they have had previous releases before their Victory Records release, so has it always been the same vocalist? Also, have you heard of the band One Amazing Kid, it has the two guys that left .hopesfall. and someone from BTBAM in it. I've heard good things about them and wanted to check them out, but bad internet connection is not fun. [/B][/QUOTE]

I love BTBAM's low scream. They inspire me, it's so low and sick. I can go that low with my voice. Cause I'm the vocalist for my hardcore band so I like to try out different voices. I don't know about the same vocalist thing. But I've never heard of One Amazing Kid. I'll check them out... It sounds like a rip of Comeback Kid though :(

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by anime_guy [/i]
[B]1. Slip Knot is not one word.
2.Note the title of the thread "Heavy/Dark/Death METAL!" Nu metal, may not be as "Heavy" as you like, but, some people don't like it that heavy, so they would say that Nu metal is heavy.

Is the name of this forum "Heavy metal Boards"? No, so, people shouldn't need to know that here.

And, as my final word, as Semjaza Azazel said, [/B][/QUOTE]

Do you feel better saying that? Because it was just a waste of your time. Slipknot is one word. I think I'd know, do you see any of their CD's have the name like Slip Knot as two words. Maybe the text on some cds might look like SlipKnot. But it's really Slipknot.

Death Metal to me is "GROWL GROWL MUMBLE MUMBLE SSSSHHHOOOOOUUUTTTT GROWL SATANISMYMASTER GROWL GROWL".

But I may be wrong. I mean, here must be some goot metal I don't see the difference between dark and death metal. And black metal. Jeez, so many names.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]I was actually at Tower records today and they had a whole display that was labeled "hard". They had a few bands I like such as Coheed and Cambria. They also had a few you guys mentioned... it seemed like most were from Trustkill.

For some reason the Ramones were on there too. I like the Ramones, but they seemed out of place lol. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, Ca&Co and the Ramones? They need to fire their organizer.

[B]I love BTBAM's low scream. They inspire me, it's so low and sick. I can go that low with my voice. Cause I'm the vocalist for my hardcore band so I like to try out different voices. I don't know about the same vocalist thing. But I've never heard of One Amazing Kid. I'll check them out... It sounds like a rip of Comeback Kid though :([/B][/QUOTE]

What's your bands name? And supposedly One Amazing Kid was *edit sorry about this. I thought I had written something else, but apparentl not.*

Anyway, I was saying how One Amazing Kid was pre-.hopesfall. So it's probably not a rip off. Anyway, I'm hoping to go to Facedown Fest in LA, so I'll get to see Comeback Kid. (YAY!)
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Genkai [/i]
[B]Death Metal to me is "GROWL GROWL MUMBLE MUMBLE SSSSHHHOOOOOUUUTTTT GROWL SATANISMYMASTER GROWL GROWL".
[/B][/QUOTE]

Obviously you don't pay attention. But that's your problem.

[quote]Do you feel better saying that? Because it was just a waste of your time. Slipknot is one word. I think I'd know, do you see any of their CD's have the name like Slip Knot as two words. Maybe the text on some cds might look like SlipKnot. But it's really Slipknot.[/quote]
Alright, so I was wrong about Slip Knot being one word, I'm sorry O.o And as for that being a waste of my time, no, it wasn't, I had nothing better to do O.o