OtakuBoards

my head is stuffed

guns_n_candy

grr...... i love to draw manga of course, and im pretty good at it i guess, but the problem is.............
i just have way to many ideas in my head. like, ill see something or someone will say something, even just one sentance, and itll inspire a whole book in my head. i have a serious lack of paper for all the stuff i wanna write down and i never get anything done because of that.

anyone else ever had this problem??? anyone???????????/????

I've got to admit, I got that syndrome myself at times... Use your computer, it helps. I know that when out on the field your ideas can get the better of you, but just keep a little note book with ya and set up a sort of code system. Using this code, you will be able to paraphrase the idea into maybe one line and get home in time to get on the computer and write your idea out for future use. Well that's what I do atleast.... Hope that helps.

Hhmm...well that can happen... I guess you have to decide what you want to focus on, or end up like me...toting a satchel around. I have a notebook for drawing, and a notebook for writting. My satchel also caries art supplies and hidden goodies, like Nerds and other such fruity solidified goodness. It is the only thing that keeps me alive at times.... GOOOD LUCK!!!

Ah yes. I know the problem well. Mine might be even more extensive since I have so many ideas that I can't finish one storyline before starting on another. I'm glad I'm not the only one! And thank you, Anqueetus, for the indirect advice. :D Eat your beans and life a happy life. CIAO!!!

Definately. It's the reason why I never finish something (well, something big enough that it gives me time to actually think of something new). I get a couple new story ideas every day and I just lack in the self discipline to be able to put them aside for now and work on something else. You just gotta work on self discipline, in my opinion.

It's not easy, though.

Guest Ni chan
[COLOR=Black]undefined[/COLOR][COLOR=Black]undefined[/COLOR][COLOR=Black]undefined[/COLOR]yup. i hacve that problem all the time. like for some reason reading this 'thread' insired me for a new comic. but why do't you put all your ideas into one big comic and whenever you have a new idea add it in. (when you have more paper of course)

The only thing I ever have a problem like that with is the Tokyopop manga comp. I have 6 short story plots wasted just because something else came up (or they're too long...) I just go with it. When I have one plot I work like heck on it because I know I get easily deterred so I can get the maximum amount of work in before I start another one. This way, when I go back to work on it I won't feel like it's a waste of time. If I go back and work on it. :: grimace:: I'm notorious for scrapping stuff permanently right before deadlines...

okay! thanks everyone and i hope that helps you guys who have the same problem.....i hope i never have to carry around a big bag for all my stuff though my school bag usually has about 4 big sketchbooks crammed in there....

as for the cramming all my ideas into one big story..... god how i wish i could do that.... every storyline i come up with is so entirely different from the other ones. ill just have to try harder to keep it short, then.