OtakuBoards

Debating a banner usage...

Epitome

[size=1]I made a banner today and as I was adding text to it I was debating whether it looked good and I should use it with the text, or if it didnt look to great and I should use it without the text. So Im leaving this up to you guys, tell me which one I should use, and critique both banners with comments and suggestions.[/size]

Personally I prefer it without your name in it. Really, I don't see the point of having names in banners if the person who made it is using it... Your name is above your post. That's just what I think about that in general though, not just with this banner lol.

In terms of the actual effect of the work, I think the words just take away from it, to be honset.

[size=1][color=darkred]Non-named. Definitely. The named one looks...well, to be entirely honest, lame. I don't like how plain and unadorned and... sore-thumbish the text appears. Also, as Tony said your name is already above your post. As for the actual banner...well, that is just cool. It is a great stock image and an awesome background. The border complements the feel of the banner well, and I like the placement of the character. Your work here meshes well.

What is this picture from?

Good work here.[/size][/color][size=1]

Aesthetics: 9/10
Technical: 8/10[/size]

I like the one w/o your name better. It seems less cluttered. I've found that with smaller banners, the less on them, the better. :D And the color of the text used doesn't seem to go well with the pic for some reason.

And I'm pretty sure that that is the Avatar of Woe card from Magic The Gathering. In fact I'm absolutely sure that it is. Ahhh, MTG, a great game. And Woe is a great card to say the least. If there are ten or more cards in all graves, then it costs 6 less to play, it has fear, and a tap destroy monster/can't be regenerated effect. :D