OtakuBoards

Quotes

Retribution

[size=1][color=red] [b]"Jesus is dead. Get over it."[/b]

Ah, damnit, inside jokes are funny as hell. Especially since they're "inside." I'm not sure how many of you remember this quote. . .I know I do. This is for you people who remember it.

No offense to you Christians, but I find this quote holds true to my perceptions of Jesus Christ.

While what Jesus says, and what he did, and what he is, is admirable to me, and I believe in what he says on some notions (other than those of religion) his dying on the cross did not save me, nor did it give me some wondrous odyessy to heaven--which, in my opinion, doesn't exist.

For those who still don't understand out there, I'll explain this quote in a more in depth way.

To me, Jesus's death on the cross was just for something he believed in. He died because he believed in his so-called God, and he wanted to share it with us all. Whether his so-called God exists or not is where I draw the line. So this is what I see Jesus as: he is a man, who, like many others, died for what he was. And because of this, I see no reason to remember this man over all the other people that've died. I can understand giving him his credit where it's due in your religion, but to base a whole religion soley on the fact that one day there'll be another Jesus, and on the sole fact of what Jesus believed in by his so-called "God," I don't understand. To me it is selfish in the way that this man's more important to some people than say. . .the 6 million + Jews who died during the holocaust. [Just a random fact for ya: Hitler killed 2/3 of the Jews on Europe alone. It's crazy.] This doesn't apply to all of you of course. . .but really. One man is a small thing when you consider all the people who deserve to be remembered as well.

There's JFK. There's John Lennon. There's so many others, I can't even think. My mind just blanks out. All of the forgotten names go here too. Those who had their cause but died without saying it.

Succintly, I simply don't believe in heaven, and I don't believe Jesus saved me from anything. I understand the pain he went through. . .I understand his crucifixion. I understand. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna devote my life to going to heaven. Instead, I'm gonna live.

In the end, [b]"We all carry our crosses. And before we die, we are crucified by them."[/b] I'd like to elaborate here, too.

We all do carry our crosses--our albatrosses--our cruxes--our problems. And they weight us down, just like Jesus' albatrosses and problems and cruxes and cross weighted him down.

We all suffer about as much as Jesus in this life. For the equal well-being of this Earth. Just like Jesus did. Only our suffering is day after day after day, whereas Jesus's was more clement in what it was, even though it was a lot of pain all at once.

And in the end, what we suffer kills us--metaphorically speaking, and literally speaking. We die by time, and time has its suffering ways.

[b]"Would I were a maggot, sucking most sweet divine."[/b]

Excuse me here, those of you who've heard me say this many a time. But I digress.

This is a metaphor I have; it's like a trademark of mine. When you see it, if you've read enough of my things, you'll think, "Yup, that's Mitch there."

We are all maggots turning into flies. We are all children once. Maggots.

Maggots. They are worm-like unseeing creatures whose sole existence is to eat the dead and deliquescing tissues of their habitats. That is what a child is. And maggots, they do not know how ugly they are--how lowly they are. They don't understand what a waste of time it is to be sucking this dead tissue. They do it anyway, and are nurtured by it, and kept by it, until, one day, they must come from their maggot to become their fly.

Children are what keep the human race alive--this amass of people.

There's more quotes, but I'm burned out.

By the way, all the quotes above are copyright me. Thanks.[/size][/color]

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa. Again. ^^ Yeah, my mom has a lighter with a quote that says,

'Beware of stoopid people in gruops.' My thought was, how htey ever managed to spell people correctly is beyond me.

'SOmetimes I wake up grumpy. Sometimes I let him sleep.' Ah, the pleasure of Gas STation license plates!

'Oooooooooooohhhhh, super caloused fragile mystic plauged with ahlitosis.' Inside joke... very inside.

'YOu can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice!
You can choose from phantom fears, or kindness that can kill
I will choose a path thats clear
I will choose Free Will' My fave quote of all time.

It takes one tree to make 10,000 matches, but one match to burn 10,000 trees.

Quitters never win, and winners never quit, but those who never quit AND never win are idiots.

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out. - Moi *giggle*

Incoming fire has the right of way.

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.

More to come!

EDIT: One more...

'Tragic is when I break a nail. Funny is when you fall into a sewer and kill yourself.'

[color=green][size=1]

"I already have an a-- hole. No need for you."
-Random Keychain

"It ain't hard to beat you, I don't have to spit, I can cough and still eat you"
-Jadakiss

"It all fun and games until someone gets hurt, and then its just fun."
-Annoymous

"If you empty your mind and have no thoughts or ambitions of winning and losing, life or death, then you relive yourself of all stresses, and you are able to fight at your peak."
-Bruce Lee quote interperated by me

"Empty your ambitious mind, and learn the art of dying."
-Bruce Lee

"Death before Dishonor and I'll tell ya what else/
I'll tighten my belt before I beg for Help/"
-Jay-Z
[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=callmegoddess04]
'Tragic is when I break a nail. Funny is when you fall into a sewer and kill yourself.'[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]
the actual quote is from Mel Brooks. it says:

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."

i just went through my files and found this one that i think is cute.

"You, you, and you: panic. The rest of you, come with me." ~ Anonymous

and of course, we have to have an eminem quote.

"i don't rap for dead presidents. i'd rather see the president dead/it's never been said but i set precedents."[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Balinese][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
the actual quote is from Mel Brooks. it says:

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Well, that was as close as I could get from memory. I thought of another one:

GIANT....DONUTS!! - Joey Wheeler

Sorry, I just love that one. ^^ Its funny!

Ethernet (n): something used to catch the etherbunny

^^ Twas appropriote, seeing as Sunday was Easter. And now, a Jim Carey quote(lol):

"I refuse to believe that I'm a better actor than myself!"

[QUOTE=callmegoddess04]'Oooooooooooohhhhh, super caloused fragile mystic plauged with ahlitosis.' Inside joke... very inside.

'YOu can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice!
You can choose from phantom fears, or kindness that can kill
I will choose a path thats clear
I will choose Free Will' My fave quote of all time.
'[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]I heard the first one from a joke involving Ghandi. But I forgot how the joke went.

The second-That's from a Rush song called Free Will. The only reason I know that is because my hubby is a Rush fan.

The first few of mine are really stupid and from [b]The Ferengi Rules of Acquisition[/b] you have been warned.

[b]Satisfaction is [i]not[/i] guaranteed[/b]-next to this is a picture of a Klngon choking a ferengi. Yeah, I think I just lost cool points here.

[b]The bigger the smile, the sharper the knife[/b]-Don't trust anyone who smiles. Especially if you've done something bad. They may have come to kill you.

This is one of my favorites, and the last one I'm using from this book. [b]Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.[/b][/color]

[color=green]The next ones are some Irish blessings and sayings:

May the blessings of each day. Be the blessings you need the most.

[b]We cannot share a sorrow, if we haven't grieved a while. Nor can we feel another's joy, until we've learned to smile[/b]-You have to learn both joy and sorrow to appreciate them both.

[b]Ireland, Sir, for good or evil, no other Place under HEaven and no man can touch its sod or breathe its air without becoming better or worse[/b]-I'm not too sure what this one means yet.

[b]Do not resent growing old. Many are denied The Priviledge[/b]-Be grateful you've lived for so long, many die before it was their time.

And the most important one of all: [b][size=3]Cead Mile Failte[/size] One hundred thousand welcomes[/b]

Incase you couldn't tell, I'm Irish[/color]

[color=royalblue][b]The rest are just random[/b]

Before you insult someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes.-unknown, but I think it's funny

[b]Why do people with closed minds always open their mouths?[/b]-unknown I'd like an answer to that question as well.

Don't persecute me because of your ignorance.-Unknown

[b]Freedom of Religion means freedom of [i][u]ALL[/u][/i] religions[/b]-That's something to think about for a while. I saw it on a bumper sticker at a store I go to.

[b]I don't care what they pay me. I'm not going to play the part of your father[/b]-Lucielle Ball I love Lucy. She had glued a fake beard to her face and it wouldn't come off.

Well, that's all from me. I can't think of any more right now.[/color]

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]I heard the first one from a joke involving Ghandi. But I forgot how the joke went.
[/color][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]it goes something like this:

Guy 1: Mahatma Ghandi went barefoot all his life. He went on many hunger strikes, and so became very frail and thin. he also had very bad breath.

Guy 2: Ah! So he was a super-calloused fragile mystic plagued with halitosis!

i was just listening to matchbox twenty, and there's a quote from the song [I]unwell [/I] that SO reminds me of my friends Provost, Walker, Stash, Brewer and Riss.

[i]i'm not crazy, i'm just a little unwell
i know right now you can't tell
but stay a while and maybe then you'll see
a different side of me.
i'm not crazy, i'm just a little impaired
i know right now you don't care
but soon enough you're gonna think of me
and how i used to be...

i been talkin' in my sleep
pretty soon they'll come to get me
yeah they're takin' me away...[/i]

we've all been a little weird in our times, all been called crazy, but we know who we are and we're not crazy, just a little unwell.

and we gotta add another eminem quote:

[I]we sing for these kids that don't have a thing/'cept for a dream and a ****in' rap magazine/who post pinup pictures on they walls all day long/idolize they favorite rappers and know all they songs/or for anyone who's ever been through **** in they lives/and they sit and they cry at night, wishin' they'd die/til they throw on a rap record/and they sit and they vibe/we may be nothin' to you, but we're the ****in' **** in they eyes.[/I]

it sounds so weird to say it, but this song actually got my little brother through juvie and lockup with a minimum of trouble, 'cause he idolizes Em. he acts like this song was written especially for him.[/FONT]

There are so many to choose from. Some are very profound like the quotes given by other people in this thread, while others are just in good fun. The quotes that I am going to share are just in good fun. Why just fun quotes instead of something profound and life altering? I decided that we all get enough real life in our real lives that once in awhile we deserve to just have a bit of a giggle.

I am not copy/pasting this so if it isn't word by word correct, sorry!

My first set of quotes is from Ren and Stimpy's "Space Madness":

"Oh my beloved ice cream bar, how I love your creamy center. You like the same things I like...wax paper, boiled football leather...dog breath! Why are they always trying to take you from me? Why won't they leave us ALONE!!!"

"We're not hitchhiking anymore, we're riding!"

I love that section of the show since it was just bizarre. That and it is funny to watch Ren eat the bar of soap!

Ren and Stimpy's "Rubber Nipple Salesman" Mr. Horse quotes:

[I]Mr. Horse answers the door wearing nothing but a ton of rubber nipples, Ren and Stimpy stand there on the front porch with case of rubber nipples...[/I]

"Did my wife send you?"

"No we are just here to sell you rubber nipples."

"You're not from the FBI are you?

"No, we just want to sell you rubber nipples."

[I]Pull's out box of rubber nipples to show Mr. Horse.[/I]

"Don't shoot! Oh, what you must think of me! You really are selling rubber nipples! Can't say I have any use for rubber nipples, but do you have any rubber walrus protectors?"

[I]Mr. Horse pulls out walrus, walrus says...[/I]

Call the police!

This was wrong on sooooo many levels. Obviously Mr. Horse is holding a walrus against his will doing who knows what to him. Mr. Horse is being tracked down by his wife AND the FBI. Why is Mr. Horse covered in rubber nipples and I really don't want to think about what you do with a rubber walrus protector!?!? ewwww!

All this going on in a cartoon that was shown to kids! And people think anime is bad! I will leave those quotes with you to decide what to make of them.:laugh:

Quotes quotes...most of the ones I know I've learned, probably true for most people though. Here goes!

' He who has health has hope, he who has hope has everything' - Arabic proverb

'the reputation of a thousand years may be determined by the conduct of a single hour' - Japanese proverb

'Knowledge is power, wisdom controls that power, without wisdom this power corrupts and destroys' - me own

[QUOTE=Balinese][FONT=Comic Sans MS]it goes something like this:

Guy 1: Mahatma Ghandi went barefoot all his life. He went on many hunger strikes, and so became very frail and thin. he also had very bad breath.

Guy 2: Ah! So he was a super-calloused fragile mystic plagued with halitosis!

[/FONT][/QUOTE]
I read it in a funny book called 'Snail Mail No More'. ^^

'If you talk to the animals
They will talk with you
And you will know each other.
If you do not talk with them,
You will not know them,
And what you do not know you will fear.
What one fears on destroys.
- Chief Dan George

I find this to be true. SOmehow...^^

[color=darkviolet] Some of these are thought provoking, otheres are just plain silly

[b]No one can make you feel inferior without your consent[/b]-Eleanor Rooselvelt
This is true on many accounts. If someone cuts you down and tells you you're worthless you can either believe them and spiral downward or you can ignore the person, get one with your life and accopmplish something. Then that person can just sit there and look like an idiot

[b]The journey of a thousand miles begins with a leaky tire and a broken fan belt[/b]-unknown.
I don't know if that's really the case, but my trip from NY to TX ended up with a car that stalled on the highway.

[b]Never underestimate the power of otakus in large groups[/b]-me
Atleast I think it was me, it could be someone else. But why shouldn't they think we have power?

[b]I will bite my thumb at them; if they bear it.[/b]-Sampsom from Romeo and Juliet
Back in the Elizabethan era this was a very big insult since people didn't bathe on a regular basis. Therefore when you put your thumb in your mouth, you showed the person that you hated them so much that it didn't matter how nasty your thumb was. I also saw a lady do that in Evita during the opening scene.

[b]The problem with normal people is that they're normal[/b]-unknown
Well, it's true, I guess.

[b]Normalcy is the playground for the unimaginative[/b]- Unknown
Well, yeah. Have you ever seen any boring creative people?

[b]Honk if you love peace and quiet.[/b]-Unknown
Irony can be funny.

[b]Boys are stupid. Throw rocks at them[/b]-A bumper sticker I own
Well, okay, not [i]all[/i] boys are stupid. And even the ones that [i]are[/i] stupid shouldn't be pelted with rocks. But if you saw the picture. :laugh:

[b]His men would follow him, but only out of morbid curiosity[/b]
You would have to see the guy, but you'd understand

[b]I'm bi-sexual. Buy me something and I'll get sexual[/b]-Carson from Queer Eye.
I just thought this one sounded really cute. In an odd sort of way.

[b]I'm a little teapot short and stout, Here is my handle, here is my spout. When I get all steamed up hear me shout 'tip me over and pour me out. My shrink says that I'm getting a lot better. Last week I thought I was a toaster.[/b]-Dot Animaniacs
After a while you start to wonder why you sing this song, right?

[b]You're trying to squeeze something the size of a toaster out an opening the size of a tampon. That sounds like some kind of design flaw to me[/b]-Joanne Kimes Pregnancy Sucks
It's true. I guess, having an opening of that size and you have to push a baby out that thing well...somebody messed up big time. I hope that didn't sound too graphic, but after the toaster thing that came to mind[/color]

Yay, mitch is quoting me...even if he wasn't making reference to myself, I'm going to take it as he was and feel better for it.

First of all...
"my karma ran over my dogma" - I don't know...
It was in someone's sig, but it cracked me up. Its probably one of those things everyone else but me has seen before. But regardless, does anyone know who said it?

"If you don't get a good night kiss, you get kafka dreams." -Hobbes (Calvin and;)

and the second and final quote from this particular comic, I promise

"My life needs a rewind\erase button."
"...And a volume control."
-Calvin and Hobbes, respectively

That second one is definately true...Everyone has regrets and things in their past they wish weren't there. The volume control thing is just icing on the cake.

And of course, a simpsons quote for no reason...

"They say the greatest tragedy is when a father outlives his son. I've never fully understood why that is. Frankly, I can see an upside to it." - Grandpa Simpson, on hearing the news Homer requires a triple bypass...

Everything about that show makes me laugh, and we need laughter..."Remember laughter?" - Robert Plant, Led Zeppelin

[b]His men would follow him, but only out of morbid curiosity.[/b]

[size=1]I'm certain I've heard that before. Heh. ^_^

I used to 'collect' taglines--just little short quotes. I had a wonderful file of them, and I was constantly going through it and revising it. When something no longer made me laugh, I'd take it out and put something else in. I think I averaged about 300 quotes in there at a time. I haven't gone through it in about a year, but I periodically printed them out and carried them around with me in my EMERGENCY FOLDER. Which was a green folder that I kept funny things in, heh.

Here are some that still make me smile.

[b]A good friend [i]keeps[/i] the surplus zucchini![/b] One of the girls at VBS mentioned this to me a few years ago--people were bringing in their surplus vegetables in hopes that someone else would take and eat them. If you've ever had a garden and grown zucchini, you know what a pain that stuff is. It grows [i]gigantic[/i], and there are so many of them. My mom used to substitute zucchina for all sorts of things in recipes, just so we could get rid of it--we had zucchini bread, zucchini cake, zucchini cobbler...Yeesh.

[b]A man, a plan, a canal. Suez! [/b] I can't explain this one--it loses too much if you explain it. If you don't understand it, just keep it in mind. Maybe look up palindromes and have some fun reading the more well-known ones.

[b]After The Wizard Of Oz I was typecast as a lion, and there aren't all that many parts for lions.[/b] My sources tell me this was said by Bert Lahr. If it wasn't...well, it's still funny. ^_^

[b]Alex, I'll take "Things Only I Know" for $1000.[/b] *grins* I used to watch Jeopardy every afternoon when I got home from school. It was my favorite show. Ever seen someone clean up a category? Yeah.

[b]Never, never invoke anything you can't banish![/b] Good advice. ^_~

[b]And of course it goes without saying that[/b][/size]

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]Hey, Chicken Man, that was my sig.^^

It's "My karma ran over your dogma." unless, of course, some one else had your version in their signiature. : )

[b]"I will consider some one to be superior to myself when they are able to cause objects to combust by merely looking at them dissaprovingly."[/b] I hate to sound egotistical, but I love this quote. (That means it came from me.^_~) I'm actually quoted on this quite frequently: several of my friends have used it as an online name.: / I mean, it's true, though. Right? (At least it should be--we're all people here.)

[b]"Nothing lessens the relivance of an epidemic more than being in the middle of it." - I have no idea ><" [/b] After the whole "OMFG!!! YOU HAVE SARS AND THERE'S NO POWER AND I'M DYING OF ECOLI (sp?_ _U)" bit, this was really, [i]really[/i] relevant. Not to mention quite humorous. : )

[b]"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll spend the rest of his life trying to catch something." - me [/b] I don't know; I guess I just really like this one. (Sorry, I'm quoting myself again..._ _U) It's like it has some kind of relevance that I just haven't grasped yet.
Which is kind of pitiful, seeing as it was I who said it, originally. : /

[b]"I am willing to believe anything you can convince me of."[/b] Because I [i]am[/i].[/FONT] [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Sara][b]His men would follow him, but only out of morbid curiosity.[/b]
I'm certain I've heard that before. Heh. ^_^
[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]If you've ever gotten a email with kinder gentler ways to say someone is stupid, you probably have heard it before[/color]

[QUOTE=Sara][size=1]

[b]Never, never invoke anything you can't banish![/b] Good advice. ^_~

[/size][/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]I have to agree whole heartedly on that one.
[/color]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]more wonderful Simpsons quotes:

"The saddest day of my life was when I realized I could beat my dad at most things. Bart experienced that at the age of four." ~ Homer

[i]ha ha. i beat my dad at age 3.[/i]

"Your dad used to be smart as a monkey! Now he's dumb as a chimp." ~ Grandpa

[i]....Grandpa is an idiot. End of story.[/i]

"Better never to have met you in my dream
than to wake and reach for hands
that are not there." ~ Otomo no Yakamochi

[i]yeah, i went through this with my last two boyfriends... long story short, net relationships suck royally.[/i]

The God of Death? Well, it sounds much better than a hero who commits mass murder. ~ Duo Maxwell

[i]Euphemisms are so much nicer than the truth sometimes.[/i][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Balinese][FONT=Comic Sans MS]

The God of Death? Well, it sounds much better than a hero who commits mass murder. ~ Duo Maxwell

[i]Euphemisms are so much nicer than the truth sometimes.[/i][/FONT][/QUOTE]
Hahaaha... Yeah.

Weeeeeell ......... lessee.... how about... Yayness!

'Ethernet(n): Something used to catch the etherbunny.'

Sorry... it was irrisistabible! I love non-words like that. ^^ I had this conversation with Ryu_Sakura. I told on of my friends about it and he said, 'I think my level of stupidity rose three notches after reading that.' ^^ Go figure.

Me: Ever heard of Spoonerism?
Ryu: The art of worhsiping spoons?

Sorry, had to throw it in...

My signature is my favorite quote from a anime. The quote is from the anime Big O. I love Big O, but not alot of people feel the way i do. The quote is from when Roger starts Big O up.

CAST IN THE NAME OF GOD
......YE NOT GUILTY.......

I like this quote because I think it means that when Roger is fighting, he is not guilty for what he has to do. I really like the quote.

[color=darkviolet][b]Good friends are like good bras. They offer comfort and support and are pretty damn hard to find[/b]-ME
Anyone who has ever tried to find a good bra can agree with me on this one. Even more so if you've had quiet a few episodes with less than supportive friends. If you find either one, cherish it/her/him.

Stupid off topic thingy that I had to mention since I have a sick mind...I'm number 69![/color] :D

[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=Indigo]..A bit of a long one..

"Then said [i]Christian[/i], May we go in thither?
The the [i]Interpreter[/i] took him, and led him up towards the door of the palace; and behold, at the door stood a great company of men, as desirous to go in, but durst not. There also sat a man at a little distance from the door, at a table-side, with a book and his inkhorn before him, to take the name of him that should enter therein; he saw also, that in the doorway stood many men in armour to keep it, being resolved to do the men that would enter what hurt and mischief they could. Now was [i]Christian[/i] somewhat in amaze. At last, when every man started back for fear of the armed men, [i]Christian[/i] saw a man of a very stout countenance come up to the man that sat there to write, saying, Set down my name, Sir: the which when he had done, he saw the man draw his sword, and put an helmet upon his head, and rush toward the door upon the armed men, who laid upon him with deadly force; but the man, not at all discouraged, fell to cutting and hacking most fiercely. So after he had recieved and given many wounds to those that attempted to keep him out, he cut his way through them all, and pressed forward into the palace, at which there was a pleasant voice heard from those that were within, even of those that walked upon the top of the palace, saying-

Come in, come in;
Eternal glory thou shalt win.

So he went in, and was clothed with such garments as they. Then [i]Christian[/i] smiled and said, I think verily I know the meaning of this."

-John Bunyan, The Pilgrim's Progress

--The basic gist of what that quote is about is that there are a lot of "Christians" who simply aren't willing to fight in their faith. I'm not talking about crusades here- I'm talking about spiritual warfare- to do with integrity and righteousness (actual, not "holier than thou" and condescendant). When you see a Christian who goes to church every week but doesn't really believe, or who wants heaven but wants to live nice and comfortably, to suit his own needs, or who just doesn't stand up for those he should (ie. the weak, needy, oppressed, etc.) then that's the equivalent of the men who stood around, afraid of the ones in armour. And that's simply not how I want to live.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

How about this one:

[COLOR=DarkRed]"... Like holding a wolf by its ears."[/COLOR]

This famous eighteenth century quote deals with slavery. Slavery being the wolf. Holding onto it wont do any good but letting go could cause problems.
...Just look how we paid for it: The American Civil War and 620,000 dead....

[QUOTE=Joe]

[COLOR=DarkRed]"... Like holding a wolf by its ears."[/COLOR]
[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]That was said by Thomas Jefferson about slavery, even though he owned slaves.

[b]Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does [i]not[/i] mean to stand by the President.-Theodore Roosevelt[/b]

I like this quote a lot, it means that I'm still partiotic even if I don't agree with theresident of the united states. Heck, it means that [i]anyone[/i] can be patriotic without having to agree with the president. Which is a very good thing at this time since so many Americans are losing faith in the president.[/color]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet']That was said by Thomas Jefferson about slavery, even though he owned slaves.[/quote][/color]

[color=teal]It is somewhat funny (in a strange way) to know that Thomas Jefferson fought to emancipate slavery; and even after death greatly infuenced peoples' thoughts on slavery, yet he never freed his own slaves.[/color]

[COLOR=Navy][I]I'm not spoiled, just well taken care of.[/I]

It's something my sister always says, and it really anoys me. Actually, if I think about it, that's probably the only reason she says it![/COLOR]

LOL, thats funny, Joe.

'If your ginna tell your twelve-year-old they can't do something, you might as well tell them they can.' - Me

Basically, tell them they can't and they will do it just to prove you wrong. ^_^; Been through that stage.

[quote]Good friends are like good bras. They offer comfort and support and are pretty damn hard to find-ME
Anyone who has ever tried to find a good bra can agree with me on this one. Even more so if you've had quiet a few episodes with less than supportive friends. If you find either one, cherish it/her/him.[/quote]

LOL! I know, been there, done that! ^_____^

okay this isnt mine its my friend melanies yearbook quote for this year, but i love it its hilarious

Live your life as if no one is looking, and when the coast is clear, stick a straw in your armpit and blow

incase you dont know that makes a very realistic farting noise :laugh: