OtakuBoards

Quotes

Retribution

[color=darkviolet]

[b][u]Abraham Lincoln[/u]

[/b] A man who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client.

[b][u]Random Quote[/u][/b]
Wasure fuyame ni koi woshin aide
trans: Don't love me to forget someone

Above all to thine ownself be true

My love for you, that's my only sin- both Shakesphere

How many grnadfathers can you kill in one semester-[b]My College English professor about some of the excuses he got from students[/b]

People start their lives at last when they are able to live for something other than themselves-Einstein

The lights are on and the wheel is turning, but the hampster is dead and nobody's paid the electric bill-Me

It's better to be hated for who you are, than liked for who you are not-Unknown[/color]

You have no idea what it's like to be considered a freak *looks up* well, maybe you do, but that's why we have to stick together-Donkey from Shrek

[color=green][b]Irish blessings and sayings[/b]

As you slide down the bannister of life, May the splinters never point the wrong way

Irish Diplomacy-The art of telling a man to go to Hell in such a way that it has him looking forward to the trip

May you be in Heaven a full half hour afore the devil knows ye're dead

If you're lucky enough to be Irish, you're lucky enough. :laugh:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the priviledge

I complained that I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet.

May those who love us always love us. And for those who do not love us, may God turn their hearts. And if he can't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping.[/color]

[color=red][b][u]MOre Fallen Angels[/u]

Lobel:[/b] What he's trying to say is that the white phosophorus is enough. After it burns the bear's *[b][/b]** off, then the good sergeant will finish him off with a couple of frag grenades

[b]PeeWee's prayer[/b] Flying into combat, 'bout to pitch a fit. Lord if you listenin' get me out this **[b][/b]**

I'm taking every kind of pill I can get my hands on. I'd take birth control pills if I could find me some-PeeWee.

[b]Johnson and Perry's discussion on Army Breakfast[/b]

[b]J[/b] The officers ain't eatting no powdered eggs

[b]P[/b] What are they eatting?

[b]J[/b] Dehydrated potatos

[b]P[/b] How come they get all the good stuff?[/color]

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='George Washington']Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.[/quote]

[color=green]This is pretty much a rule to live by; only befriend people who you know are honest, respectful, hard working and share the same morals that you do. No matter how hard you try, your friends will influence you. Knowing this, make sure your friends are good people.[/color]

A few more...

Do not worry about your problems with mathematics, for I can assure you that mine are far greater.
-Albert Einstein

As much as I'd like it to, that one really doesn't help me any.

Stupidity is like nuclear power. It can be used for good or evil, and you don't want to get any on you.
-Dilbert

Actually, Wally said the last part. It was all in reference to the Boss.

Duct tape is like the force: it has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the universe.
-Anonymous

Words to live by.

[color=green][size=1]

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?"
[B]-Football coach who's name escapes me.[/B]

"Those who speak loudly, know nothing, and those who speak little, know much."
[B]-Sun Tzu[/B]

"If you marry, you'll be happy in life, if you don't you'll become a philosopher."
[B]-Plato[/B]

"F---, F---, F---
Motha motha F---
Motha motha f--- f---,
Motha f--- Motha F---
Noiche Noiche Noiche,
1, 2, 1 2 3 4 Noiche-Noiche-Noiche
Smokin' weed smokin' wiz
doin' Coke, drinkin' beers,
drinkin' beers beers beers,
Rollin' fatties, smokin blunts,
who smokes the blunts, we smoke the blunts,
rollin' blunts and smokin on them blunts."
[B]-Jay (Jason Mewes) from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back"[/B]

"The Prettiest People do the ugliest things."
[B]-Kanye West[/B]

"Young HOVA!"
[B]Jay Z and Me[/B]

"Yeah, I use your voice cuz you use it wrong.
You make it a hot line I make it a hot song"
[B]-Jay Z to Nas[/B]

"Listen Kid, ya best behave,
or your home will become an early grave."
[B]-Reese (a local rapper)[/B]

There are many, many more I'll post later.[/size][/color]

[B]"You never truly live life unless you walk the knife edge of death... and in your walk to live life, dear friend, do not falter unto death" - Me[/B]
I think this quote applies to me because I believe that you should live your life to the fullest, which may mean you gotta step out of your comfort zone in order to do the things that matter the most to you.

[B]"Learn to broaden your horizons! It is there you find a new day." - Me[/B]

If you dont branch out, and try new things, you'll just live in the same old box. In this quote, I compare a day to the things you are used to. If you try new things, you find a new day.

[B]"Anything you don't take to the grave was just a phase" - Red Rhino[/B]
People die for what they believe is right every day. If you dont do that, you dont truly believe in it.

[B]"Success isn't a destination, but a journey" - Someone[/B]

You dont just end your life in success, its a constant, much like a journey.

and the one I live my life by:

[B]"Cause sometimes you feel tired, you feel weak,
and when you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just - give up.
but you gotta search within you, to find that inner strength
And just pull that **** out of you, and get that motivation not to give up
And not be a quitter no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your
face and collapse..." - Eminem[/B]

Sometimes there is a hurdle or an obstacle that you must hurdle, and its a high jump. When you dont succeed the first times, you start to feel like 'i cant do it,' and start to get lax. What I do when I feel like the world is closing in on me, I gotta take a serious gut check, assess what I value, and if I think I have the inner drive.

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]"It is a mistake to think one can solve any major problems with just potatoes." -Douglas Addams

You know it's true. For all their glory and splendour, potatoes will only help you achieve so much in life. After all, even the potatoe farmer needs to learn to love some day...or else he will die having sold many potatoes, but never having known life for its greatness. u_u

"You can't blame all your problems on inanimate objects." - Me

Because, people, you just [i]can't[/i].[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]Goku: Hey Sanzo, we have a problem. Houmei said that caravan had reserved all their larger rooms. They only have singles left.
Sanzo: Yeah...You never know when we might get attacked by Youkai. It's a good idea to stay as close as possible...That's what I [i]should[/i] say. But on the other hand...I'm sick of looking at your sorry faces, so screw it! Dismissed![/COLOR]
-Goku and Sanzo in Saiyuki
I know we've all felt like that before.

[COLOR=darkgreen]"You ***."[/COLOR]
-My friend, Patrick. It's pretty much his catch-phrase.[/SIZE]

[color=darkviolet]One of my favorite quotes is currently in my signature:

[b]Brittany Spears is a theat to the sanctity of marriage-you can get married drunk, but you can't get married gay.-Whoopi[/b]

It's from the show and I think it makes perfect sense. Why should someoen with no idea of what a commitment is be allowed to do something as important as get married while intoxicated while sober people can't get married just because tehy're gay?

[b]It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not.[/b]

Basically it means that instead of trying to be like everyone else just so people will like you and accept you just be yourself instead. It doesn't matter if people like you or not.[/color]

Guest ScirosDarkblade
Blaise Pascal said a really good one:

"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just."

It's a great quote, and a wonderful ideal. It'd be a great motto for the JLA or something.

Hmm... Quote threads are often a little obnoxious. Or precocious. Or both. As if we can reduce the complexities of life into a neat little phrase. Once upon a time T-shirts were actually a piece of clothing, rather than a form of expression.

But hey, that's just my opinion... :)

Guest philimene
[url]www.despair.com[/url] has the best quotes e.g. Dreams are like rainbows - only idiots chase them.

[quote name='Mnemolth']Hmm... Quote threads are often a little obnoxious. Or precocious. Or both. As if we can reduce the complexities of life into a neat little phrase. Once upon a time T-shirts were actually pieces of clothing, rather than a form of expression.[/quote]

[color=darkgreen][size=1][b]
I like this one, despite the fact that it's completely inaccurate. Most of them aren't meant to reduce the complexities of life. But, rather to shed a ray of light on something that has touched the soul of whomever it reaches. If anything, this quote was obnoxious and precocious.

But, hey... It's just my opinoin.[/b][/size][/color]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]a quote i heard recently that really made me think was:

[i]"These Pokemon are ready to fight to the death."
"That's a fight no one will win."
~Nurse Joy and some random female trainer, Pokemon the 1st movie.[/i]

the fight to kill someone is a fight no one will win. in the end, you're always the loser.

i also really think this one is true.

[i]Sometimes I think books are the only friends worth having. ~ Susie, Calvin and Hobbes[/i]

people can be mean, evil and downright twisted. at least books have SOME intellectual content, ne?[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Mnemolth]Hmm... Quote threads are often a little obnoxious. Or precocious. Or both. As if we can reduce the complexities of life into a neat little phrase. Once upon a time T-shirts were actually a piece of clothing, rather than a form of expression.

But hey, that's just my opinion... :)[/QUOTE]
[color=#707875]But you were the one who had that quote in your signature, "Fighting for peace is like ******* for virginity."

That quote seems to be a classic example of what you're talking about above. ~_^

Anyway, in regard to the thread itself...if you guys [i]are [/i]going to write down quotes here, please at least analyze them or make comments about them. The idea of just copying and pasting quotes is pretty spammy. So please, take note of that.[/color]

Guest Midnight Rush
[QUOTE=Balinese][FONT=Comic Sans MS]a quote i heard recently that really made me think was:

[i]"These Pokemon are ready to fight to the death."
"That's a fight no one will win."
~Nurse Joy and some random female trainer, Pokemon the 1st movie.[/i]

the fight to kill someone is a fight no one will win. in the end, you're always the loser.

i alsFONT][/QUOTE]

How is that an un-winnable fight? Dramatic? Granted. Traumatic? Possible. Saddening? Sure. Un-winnable? No way. In certain situations its kill or be killed. When you survive and your opponent does not, that is victory. It ensures stability from that particular enemies attacks (generally speaking). Humans are not as civilized as many will have you think, under our learned exterior all of us are to some extent the same feral hunter that a wolf is, only we have superior intelligence. Thus some floating emotional/sentimental values cannot be attached to mortal combat from a purely analytical perspective. Its very simple: Person B kills person A. Person B is the victorious one. I suppose you could stretch emotional morality and suggest that the human race as a whole and thus person B lost because one of us died, but that is merely un thinking sentimentality that is a fatal flaw in toaday's society.

In terms of the movie that is true: the two little pokerat armies were gonna fight to the death for unjustifiable reasons, namely the sadistic entertianment of that big telepathic one. Comparing the little critters situation and your run of a mill death fight isn't even sensible.

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]One of my favorite quotes is currently in my signature:

[b]Brittany Spears is a theat to the sanctity of marriage-you can get married drunk, but you can't get married gay.-Whoopi[/b]

It's from the show and I think it makes perfect sense. Why should someoen with no idea of what a commitment is be allowed to do something as important as get married while intoxicated while sober people can't get married just because tehy're gay?

[b]It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not.[/b]

Basically it means that instead of trying to be like everyone else just so people will like you and accept you just be yourself instead. It doesn't matter if people like you or not.[/color][/QUOTE]

Its rather amusing any one would take anything Whoopi says seriously, er.. yeah. Anyways, you use the phrase: "Be allowed". Intoxicated or not the laws fo the United States except for a few isolated and odd places define marriage as the union of a man and a woman. Britney Spears is legally a woman, and that guy she "married" was a man (unless something reallllly weird is going on). Thus they have the legal right to seek marraige. A woman and a woman/man and a man do not have that legal right. Its common sense and most likely will remain that way for a long time.

As for the second one: wrong. If you are someone who is hated by the mainstream group of people you should at least mask it for yuor own sake. These "non-conformists" do themselves a terrible disservice: cutting their chances at job opportunites, limiting their romantic sphere, and generally degrading themselves in the eyes of 70-80% of people. The people that are around you like it or bloody not are the ones you must deal with in order to survive! It makes no ******* sense to try and "be yourself"! That is a path to a harder existence than is nesasary! Geez...

Oh, I am sorry I forgot my quote:

THE BRIDE: Silly rabbit...
O-REN ISHII ^_^ <3: Tricks are for kids.

[QUOTE=Undefeated]How is that an un-winnable fight? Dramatic? Granted. Traumatic? Possible. Saddening? Sure. Un-winnable? No way. ... Its very simple: Person B kills person A. Person B is the victorious one. I suppose you could stretch emotional morality and suggest that the human race as a whole and thus person B lost because one of us died, but that is merely un thinking sentimentality that is a fatal flaw in toaday's society.
[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Maybe it's just me, but a fight to the death is something no one can win in my eyes. One ends up dead, one ends up a murderer. No sentient being has the right to take the life of another. (Note, i said sentient being. i am not going to go so far as to say that killing animals for food is wrong. that would be hypocritical of me. i am against hunting and fishing for pure sport, however.)

You want to call it unthinking sentimentality, go ahead. it's my belief, it doesn't have to be yours.[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Undefeated]
Its rather amusing any one would take anything Whoopi says seriously, er.. yeah. Anyways, you use the phrase: "Be allowed". Intoxicated or not the laws fo the United States except for a few isolated and odd places define marriage as the union of a man and a woman. Britney Spears is legally a woman, and that guy she "married" was a man (unless something reallllly weird is going on). Thus they have the legal right to seek marraige. A woman and a woman/man and a man do not have that legal right. Its common sense and most likely will remain that way for a long time.[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet] Brittany Spears just felt like doing something random and spontaneous and decided hey, I'm in Vegas, I have money and there's a guy. Hey, I'll get married. To further prove that she was taking advantage of the fact she''s got money, she got it anulled after what a day? Please, if [i]she[/i] can get married I say legalize same sex marriages as well. Because atleast the same sex couples are actually thinking about what they're getting into. MS. Spears was intoxicated you aren't legally allowed to drive drunk while you're intoxicated, why the hell should you be legally allowed to get married while drunk?. Besides, the quote was from a TV show.

If you really want to argue this whole subject, you know where to PM me[/color]

[quote name='Undefeated'] As for the second one: wrong. If you are someone who is hated by the mainstream group of people you should at least mask it for yuor own sake. These "non-conformists" do themselves a terrible disservice: cutting their chances at job opportunites, limiting their romantic sphere, and generally degrading themselves in the eyes of 70-80% of people. The people that are around you like it or bloody not are the ones you must deal with in order to survive! It makes no ******* sense to try and "be yourself"! That is a path to a harder existence than is nesasary! Geez...[/quote]

[color=darkviolet]I'm sorry that you're so shallow brained. It's not wrong to be yourself. Why the hell would you want to follow the leading group like a sheep just to fit in? I'm a non-conformist and so is my husband. I don't see how thinking outside of the box is such a bad thing. My husband is an E4 in the Army up for promotion so there goes your job opportunities theory.

As for romance, like minded people seek out eachother wether they are conformists or not, so there goes the whole romantic involvement thing out the window. Why would you want someone to love you for what you're not? That was the point of the quote.

I also don't feel that I degrade myself by thinking differently than my peers I'd rather be respected for my integrity than going along with what everyone else thinks and tanking in the long run.

Now quit being jaded and grow up, you'll have to graduate from high school some time.

[b]Above all else To thine ownself be true-William Shakesphere[/b]

Reguardless of what others want you to do. You should try harder to think for yourself than to go along with what everyone else wants if in the long run, the popular result will end up destroying evyone.[/color]

[size=1][color=darkblue][quote]Originaly posted by [b]Undefeated[/b]
As for the second one: wrong. If you are someone who is hated by the mainstream group of people you should at least mask it for yuor own sake. These "non-conformists" do themselves a terrible disservice: cutting their chances at job opportunites, limiting their romantic sphere, and generally degrading themselves in the eyes of 70-80% of people. The people that are around you like it or bloody not are the ones you must deal with in order to survive! It makes no ******* sense to try and "be yourself"! That is a path to a harder existence than is nesasary! Geez...[/quote]
Woah man, you got problems. How is being yourself 'wrong' in any case? I mean, if you are not yourself and are not liked for being yourself, you will live the rest of your life in lies and even self pity. You will never be able to be open with the people you hang out with and that can be damaging, buddy. The people that hang out with you and love you should do that knowing the [i]real[/i] you. What happens if they find out you aren't like how you appear? They will abandon you. You should get people that care about the real you and know the real you, and accept that. Why is that so hard for you to see? I'm happy being myself, a lot of people may dislike me, maybe even hate me, but I have a few good friends and that's all I need. You shouldn't mask your true colors, that'll only hurt you big time in the long run.

[quote]Originally posted by [b]ChibiHorseWoman[/b]
I'm sorry that you're so shallow brained. It's not wrong to be yourself. Why the hell would you want to follow the leading group like a sheep just to fit in? I'm a non-conformist and so is my husband. I don't see how thinking outside of the box is such a bad thing. My husband is an E4 in the Army up for promotion so there goes your job opportunities theory.

As for romance, like minded people seek out eachother wether they are conformists or not, so there goes the whole romantic involvement thing out the window. Why would you want someone to love you for what you're not? That was the point of the quote.

I also don't feel that I degrade myself by thinking differently than my peers I'd rather be respected for my integrity than going along with what everyone else thinks and tanking in the long run.

Now quit being jaded and grow up, you'll have to graduate from high school some time.[/quote]

Long live those words of ChibiHorseWoman! ^_^
Ehem... anyway, sorry you all had to put up with endless ranting. Now, I'll just post my fave quote like I intended to do in the first place.

"You know what's really sad? A misquito trying to suck the blood out of a mummy... Give it up little guy."

"If you ever fall off the Empire State Building, just act real stiff. Then you'll look more like a dummy and people might put some effort into catching you because they'll think, 'Hey! Free dummy!' "

"Run *****, he gonna kill you!"

"Bad things may come today... but there is always tomorrow..."

"UUUUHHHH OOOHHH BILLY!!!! Mmmmhhhhmmmmmm......"

"Something wicked this way comes."

Ah, I have tons more, always in the back of my head. I say them everyday, but they always seem to slip my mind when I actually want to remember them. Anyway, good day to you all.

--Conna--[/color][/size]

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How it got in my pajamas I'll never know!" -Some Dude

"I've come here to kick *** and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum." -Some Other Dude

I like these two before they're very odd humor that is similar to the kind of possess. I remember the first quote there was by that one dude with the cigar and funny glasses and such. Dunno him, though :<

[color=darkviolet]I got bored and went to the mall after work yesturday These are some quotes that I found

[b]A man can not live on bread alone-Unless he's in a cage and that's all you feed him[/b]-This was just really funny, I don't know why. I usually find things like this then write it down on the letters I send Lincoln since you can only write so much about your cat running away and your grandma asking why you weren't at church Sunday. It also had a picture of a loaf of bread.

[b]I'm just like a super hero. Without powers and motivation[/b]-Well, I am. Unless you count my increased sense of smell. I can tell my best friend what she had for lunch last tuesday and she lives 10 miles away! All I need is the motivation and I can fill in for the bomb sniffing dogs at the local air port.

[b]A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular-Adlai E. Stevenson[/b]-Who ever said this is so right. This one was on a bumper sticker so I bought it. I'm sending it to Iraq in my next letter. I don't really have extremely deep thoughts on this one right now. I think it has something to do with the time of day and a migrain.[/color]

[color=royalblue] [EDIT]:

[b]Are you stalking me? 'Cause that would be Super![/b]
No clue why that would be super, but I thought it was funny.[/color]

Whoa! I read thorugh all these and now I try to top them! Not gonna happen... well, maybe...

'We are all perfect. No matter what anyone says, its true. Why? Because ther is nobody exactly like us, there is only one of us.' - Me

'Your wierd!' - Some dude
'Thank you!' - Me

'If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you!' - My dad...

'Hey! I'm the one who wears the stupid ties around here!' - My brother

"They misunderestimated me!" -George W. Bush

I'm not scared of dying, I just don't want to!"

"I tried sniffing coke once, but the ice cubes stuck in my nose" - some dude I don't know that name of

"The whole world is going to hell and I'm driving the bus" - One of my friends

"I'm an angel, honest! The horns are just there to keep the halo straight!" - Me

"There's nothing wrong with being a loser, it just depends on how good you are at it."

Thank-you for visiting reality, come again........... Now entering your life, welcome!

I got a couple of quotes! Here they are too!

The first quote is my favorite one... "Never under estemate the power of stupid people in large groups..."

The second one is kinda cool... "Wise men say... Forgiveness is devine... But never pay full price for a late pizza!!!!"

That is all I can think of for right now... I'll get back with you guys with more of these words of the wise later. Cya! :laugh: :devil: :rolleyes: :eek: :cool: :D :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][QUOTE=bra]I got a couple of quotes! Here they are too!

The first quote is my favorite one... "Never under estemate the power of stupid people in large groups..."
[/QUOTE]

Ah, John Kenneth Galbraith. True, too.

Here's one for the Buffy/Angel fans among us:

[i]“No one truly recovers from high school.” ~ Joss Whedon[/i]

i just thought that one was cute.

here's another weird one i found...

[i]A linguistics professor was lecturing to his class one day.

"In English," he said, "A double negative forms a positive. In some languages, though, such as Russian, a double negative is still a negative. However, there is no language wherein a double positive can form a negative."

A voice from the back of the room piped up, "Yeah, right." ~ Anonymous[/i]

i think it's funny, but then i may be the only one... i don't know anyone else who is planning to major in lingusitics in college.[/FONT]

[color=darkviolet]More and more pop into my head. I'm telling you, I'm not well, but [i]you[/i] already knew that, didn't you?

[b]Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.[/b]
I don't know who said it, but I think it's true.

[b]Whoa, you had two bowls of stupid for breakfast, didn't you?[/b]-me
I think it's just a nicer way of telling a person they're acting like an idiot. Okay, maybe not nice, but well, it sounds a bit better.

[b]Individuality should be encouraged, not condemed[/b]-
I like this one because I've always been encouraged to think for myself and not follow along with the crowd simply becuase it's the thing to do. I've also thought that you should encourage people to be individuals because the last thing this country needs is a bunch of sheep running the next generation.

[b]Those who do not learn phase 3 chemistry are doomed to repeat it...in summer school[/b]-
My 11th grade chemistry teacher's warning the first day of school. It sounds very comforting, doesn't it?

[b]Love thy neighbor, just don't get caught[/b] this was one of my favorite t-shirts that Lincoln had, I wish he didn't get rid of it.

[b]There is no Darkness like ignorance[/b]
I'm not sure if I can find the right wording for this one. I guess it's being ignorant of the world around you is like wandering in the dark.

[b]Love is law. Love under Will[/b] Aliester Crowley

These are from my English 101 class in College. I can't believe some of the things that went on that semester:

[b]I want you to go to Wegmans and look at the express lanes. Tell me if you can detect a gramatical error

I've noticed many of you constantly leaving messages that you can't come to class due to your grandfather's death. Now I'd like to know how many grandfather's can you kill off in one semester.[/b]

:laugh: :devil:

And finally, the most thought provoking and true-even if it is from an anime:
[b]If we weren't idiots, we wouldn't be soldiers[/b]-Duo Maxwell, Gundam Wing.
My husband, the E4 who has been an enlisted/active duty service member for almost 4 years agrees with this, so what else can I say?[/color]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Here's one that really is awesome. i love Jack Kerouac =^_^=

“Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them; disagree with them; glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. [b]Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.”[/b] ~ Jack Kerouac

Too true, isn't it?[/FONT]