OtakuBoards

Talent Show

NashvilleDream

[size=2]At my school, every year we have a talent show and I am having such gigantic trouble picking a song and sticking to it, that I decided to ask for some help. [img]http://musicals.net/forums/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] sooooooooooo, I know a lot of country songs, any song from the musicals: Annie, Sound of music, Godspell, and Les Miserables, and basically any disney song. I've also been really toying with the idea of doing the credits song from the Escaflowne movie or the Ah! My Goddess, or a song from InuYasha. Another idea I had was to do "I Can't Stop Loving You" because I heard it in Metropolis and I really like it. Also, my boyfriend might be coming, soooooooooooo, yeah.[/size]

[SIZE=1]Interestingly enough, I was thinking the same thing as Fyodark here. Especially if you can get one of your friends that plays guitar real well (if any of your friends can) to back you up with a little blues stylin', it ought to rock hard.

Or, if you just want to be solo and really steal the show, I don't know what to tell you exactly. I don't know your range as a singer and I haven't heard your voice to perhaps suggest something that might go with your talent well. That aside, though, all I can say is bring something that is really captivating and something you know will get the crowd's attention. Typically, slower and more dramatic tunes will get the job done. Something that might be sad but turns out happy in the end and something that requires you to really belt it out and sing your heart out will most definitely get the crowd's attention.

Just suggestions, though. I'd say go with what you know and what you're comfortable with. Make it yours and you're sure to be a hit.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=darkred][b]And the award for [i]Most Desirable Song to Sing[/i] goes to...

Black Betty by Ram Jam![/b].

Can't go wrong with that. Either that, or White Flag by Dido. Just choose something that you love and can sing reasonably well.[/size][/color]

[b][size=1][color=darkgreen]
I don't have any suggestions if you are doing a solo act. But, if you are doing a duet with a reasonably competent guitar player, I have the perfect song. "Rivers of Babylon" by Sublime. And a xylophonist wouldn't hurt either. (listen to the song and you'll know what I mean)

It should be available on any music downloading software if you don't already have that song.[/b][/color][/size]

Apparantly, I need to clear up a few small details that idiot me figured people would know.

A) I am doing a solo

B) I kneed to have it completely done & known by the 29th

C) I don't have time to learn a new song

D) I'm going to use a CD for the music, so.... yeah

E) The Highest note I've tried to reach is a high Bb, I can reach it no prob

F) The lowest note I can reach is about a D on the base cleff