OtakuBoards

Resizing an avatar...

John

I don't know if this question should go here, or in another forum, but I can't seem to get this picutre resized and uploaded correctly to use as an avatar with any of the tools on my computer. Can anyone tell me where I can get it resized online, perhaps? If I did put this in the wrong forum, please let the wrath of James and Syk be mild. :nervous:

I suppose that this is the only place you really could post it, unless you PMed someone. Anyway, I've never heard of a place where you can resize an avatar online and I think that's pretty much impossible, but I don't know. To resize an avatar, you have to have a program to do it with, such as Adobe Photoshop. If you have that, then just open the avatar in it and click the "Image" menu at the top. Then click "Image Size," or something of the sort and put the size to whatever you want. You might be able to resize in MS Paint as well, but I'm unsure.

Welcome to the forums :)

Actually, I didn't know if this was the place to post it because I hadn't seen any other questions here, just art submissions.
The only tools I have are Printshop and Paint. Printshop will let me touch-up images and save them as something other than a bitmap, but it won't let me save changes to the size. Paint just makes everything incredibly pixelly (see what it did to my banner?). Of course, I don't think the new version of Paint is that bad about that. I'm on a better computer now, so methinks I will try my avatar there...

Thanks, Kinetic.

EDIT:
It worked! Yay. Thanks, Kinetic. I suppose it's a bit hard to see what you did to help, but apparently you did something; because now I have an avatar, and before you replied, I didn't. Thankee. ^_^