OtakuBoards

.Hack//Legend of the Twilight

King Ansem

Anyone else read .Hack//Legend of the Twilight? I liked the books since I loved the others, but it is a little odd, since it is sillier than the others, but if you are like me you will get in to it at the 2nd book. The best part is that there are characters from the game in it. I was excited to see them. :D

[quote name='King Ansem']anyone else read .Hack//Leagend of the twilight I liked the books since I loved the others but it is a little odd since it is more silly then the others but If you are like me you will get in to it at the 2nd book and the best part is there are charecters from the game there but I was just Excited :D[/quote]

[color=darkblue]Well, as excited as you are, I suggest taking some of that energy and putting it into using better grammar in your posts. There's not one period in that entire thing, not to mention some spelling is off. I'll do you a favor and fix it this time, since this is a thread that could actually generate a decent discussion, but do try to do better in the future.

I haven't personally read any of the .hack//- Legend of the Twilight series, but it does strike my interest, as I'm a .hack//SIGN fan. I know that hardly any of the characters from .hack//SIGN are in the manga, but it still has my curiousity piqued. I may very well indeed go out and buy Vol. 1 on my next go 'round at the mall.[/color]

Legend of Twilight I think is great. The thing I like the most is that Balmung is given a more soft side rather than being serious all the time. Plus I love his assistant Reki. My favorite part thus far is when he puts those outfits in the treasure chest and it says something like that Balmung is still missing the point. That box was hilarious. I also like when he says he can roleplay being drunk and when he almost wins his own contest. I think that the relationship between Shugo and Ouka is funny. I could name a thousand other things so I'll stop babbling....

I recently bought this book a few days ago. I've had my eye on it for awhile but was never able to get it. I really injoyed it. I always liked the strange idea of playing a very realistic video game as that. Its much diffrent than .Hack//SIGN but still just as fun. I may buy the second vol. eventually.

[color=navy]I have the first two volumes of .hack//Legend of the Twilight, and its lighter take on The World is refreshing, but not as intriguing as SIGN, in my opinion. It's a nice little ender to the .hack saga, definitely. It's always good to end on a light note.

Rei Izumi's art is always so nice and detailed, and is pretty faithful to Yoshiyuki Sadamoto's original intentions most of the time. She makes very good use of screen tones, and her freak-out expressions are always cute and laughable.

The first volume seemed a little [i]too[/i] cheery for my taste. Not to mention each chapter was basically stand-alone. Any part of a series that's stand-alone I never really like, actually, but because of the art it was forgiven.

Volume two was where plot started sinking in. The fugitive player theme was brought back into .hack again, and this time I felt like I could really dislike the villain. Before, in .hack anime (I haven't played the games, but I've seen a good deal of Liminality), there was never really an identifiable villain that I really despised. Here, the enemy is really unjust and like a despot, so you could get sucked into the conflict a little better.

It's been a while since Legend of Twilight Volume Two came out, and I've been waiting for the third and final volume for several months now. I've contacted TokyoPop, but with no response, sadly. Come to think of it, I've never even seen the Japanese cover. A friend of a friend once told me that it wasn't out in Japan yet, but I don't know. .Hack's been over in Japan for a while now, right?

And Bandai has licensed the corresponding anime, which they call .hack//DUSK, which should be out some time this year. I will find some space in my minute budget to buy the DVDs, eventually.[/color]

Guest LilShippo
I have Volumes 1 & 2...I am eager for Volume 3 to reach the states!!!
Grrrr...
What I like the most about .hack//Legend of the Twilight is that sometimes,SIGN and even characters from the game make Cameo appearances! Proof rests in many panels...such as in Volume 2, page 73: panels 1 and 5...you can definently see BT, Tsukasa, Lady Subaru, and Crim!

Man...Talking about the Manga is makin' me anxious for the next Volume to arrive!!!!!

:twitch:

[color=darkslateblue]I really like the way .hack//Legend of the Twilight is going at the moment. Like everyone else, it seems, I'm eagerly awaiting the third volume.[/color]
[color=#483d8b][/color]
[color=#483d8b]I'm very intrigued by the story. As everyone's been saying, it's a very comical addition to the .hack series. It's a nice contrast to .hack//SIGN, which was almost too serious. I like the use of actual techniques and skills as seen in the .hack games, like Shugo's use of Thunder Dance against the Lich Lord in volume two, and Mireille's failed use of Dek Lei against the Pumpkin Head in volume one. That brings me to another thing I like about .hack//Legend of the Twilight - the use of enemies from the .hack games, as well. The appearances of characters from the game is a nice surprise, as well. It's nice to see how they've changed.[/color]
[color=#483d8b][/color]
[color=#483d8b]I really want to see what happens to Shugo and the others in the third volume. I actually got rather upset when Kamui [spoiler]had her way and got Shugo, Rena, and the others thrown in jail. It was, however, funny to see the after-effects of Shugo's Data Drain of Komiyan III. It was funny to see Data Drain actually be used by Shugo on another player.[/spoiler] I just need to see them escape! Personally, I think it would be funny if Shugo used Data Drain on Kamui, but I doubt that would happen.[/color]

• 2 months later...
[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]well, i thought i'd clarify a few things about the manga since its been a litte while since anyone's posted. first off, yes the third (and final) volume just came out. the cover has both Shugo and Rena on it. also, the anime plays on cartoon network every friday night at 1AM (or saturday morning at 1, watever). If you have the 4th Liminality(Tresmegistus-sp?) disk that comes with .hack//Quarantine, the opening animation for the series is in the data section.

-QS16[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]