OtakuBoards

Artemis Fowl

Pirokiko

Ah yes, a vry good book, if not slightly childish in some ways. Oh by the way, you might want to increase your post size before the mods come after you (they can be scary when they're ticked).

Right... I picked up Artemis Fowl in... 5 grade I think, witch was quite a long time ago, so I don't remember too many details on the first one. The second one was still good, and though the third one was pushing it, it was still entertaining... it had lost a certain level of suspense though.

Whoe knew that fairies were so advanced? lol

Guest philimene
I love Artemis Fowl! Yes, it is childish but I still think it's great. I just read the most recent one around a month ago, unless you count 'seventh dwarf'. By the way, has anyone else read that? Fan Fic about Artemis Fowl sounds interesting, makes a change from Harry Potter anyway.

That would be very intersting if you created an RPG because Artemis Fowl is quite a good series although rather childiish. It would be fun if they made a movie for it also. I have read the first 3 of the books and I wouldn't mind purchasing any others that Colfer makes.
The Fairy Dwarves are funny with their much gas and bazooka behinds and nuclear warfare arses.

Guest philimene
[QUOTE]It would be fun if they made a movie for it also. [/QUOTE]

No!!!!!!!!

Film makers ruin all the good books by making films out of them e.g. Harry Potter, Holes . . . .

[font=Verdana][size=1]Pirokiko, when you create a thread, you also need to provide a topic for discussion. People really need to state [i]why[/i] they like a book. Just saying they like it is spam. Because there are many new members coming in, they won't know to say [i]why[/i] unless you specify it. Philimene, please keep depth to your posts. 18 words isn't enough depth, heh.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]Liamc2 made me read Artemis Fowl last year. For some reason, I just couldn't get into it. Yes, I liked it, and I thought it was a great bridge between technology and mythology, but it took me forever and a day to read. I found I got bored easily and the characters didn't really draw me in much. [/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]However, I did like the technical aspects that were included. The acorn thing was very cool, heh. [/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]But I don't think I'll read anymore, although an Artemis Fowl RPG would be interesting.[/size][/font]

Artemis Fowl is great series.

I've read the original, Arctic Adventure, and the Eternity Code. But the original is always the best. Eternity Code is my least favorite in the series. It lost its spark, its originality. But EC is better then the 2nd book of Harry Potter at least LOL.

I started reading last year (4th grade). It's very good. I recommend EVERYONE to read at least the 1st book.

I'd probably agree with G/S/B Master; although the entire series is highly entertaining, the first one is probably the best. And...Artemis makes the perfect protagonist and antagonist at the same time. It always amazes me how the author can do that... And Butler is a favorite character of mine. It's made me laugh more than a couple of times.

Oh no, you didn't like the 2nd Harry Potter book? I think that was my favorite out of all of them ^_^;; Why didn't you like it? I personally didn't enjoy the fifth one very much.

I read the first Artemis Fowl book about two years ago. I liked it well enough, but the second one was more interesting to me. The way things played out and twisted kept me amused during the time I was reading it. However, I think the third one was my favorite.

I love the way that Eion Colfer, pardon my butchering his name, is a very talented writer. He created characters that I absolutely love and has hooked me into his series. His writing style is quite unique and it's made so that you never know what to expect next!

Even though you usually do, heh.