OtakuBoards

Gamecube FPS's

Guest Leiryc

Guest Leiryc
I need a suggestion on a Gamecube FPS that is really good for multiplayer. The only FPS's I have are Metal Arms and Turok:Evolution.
Tell me:
1: The game name.
2: The price
3: The rating (Teen, mature)
4: Your rating (1-10)
5: The reason/s why you recommend this game.
6: Whether the game has good multiplayer gameplay and options.
7: Any other reasons that I have missed.

Thanks for those who actually reply to this!

XIII Is a good FPS for GC. It costs about 30 bucks ( In Toys-R-Usand Gamestop) and is rated M. I give the game a 8 cause the graphics are smooth and the story is good. Teh only bad thing is that there needs to be more multiplayer games but it still has about 5 good ones.

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=2]James Bond Agent Under Fire is a pretty good FPS I suggest you pick up. It has a Teen rating so you can play it while yourlittle brothers around. It's a really cheap game used yopu can pick it up for 15 dollars used at Gamespot.It's fun if you have a long weekend you want a game you can play with friends to pass the time by. If you liked the bond universe or even if you dont this tells a really good story. [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

Metroid Prime isnt counted as a FPS, it comes under adenture according to Nintendo, but there arent many great FPSs on the cube, Timesplitters 2 is no doubt the best multiplayer one, its cheap, but because im from the UK i dont know the price for the US version, i dont know how the ratings work there but i think its an 'all ages' here, i would give it a 9/9.5, its great, SO many charcters and different modes, around 100 characters and more game modes than you can shake a stick at, i highly reccomend it, XIII is good but the multiplayer is lacking ALOT compared to timesplietters 2

Guest ScirosDarkblade
At this point Everything Or Nothing (James Bond game) is the best FPS out for Gamecube. It has pretty good graphics, a decent control scheme, polished riding levels (made by the Need For Speed devs), a killer co-op mode, and in general very high production value, so it's quite a cinematic game. I plan on getting it for Xbox once it becomes cheaper because it's better on that system (other than load times) but it's still a great GCN game and I'd recommend it.

[quote name='ScirosDarkblade']At this point Everything Or Nothing (James Bond game) is the best FPS out for Gamecube. It has pretty good graphics, a decent control scheme, polished riding levels (made by the Need For Speed devs), a killer co-op mode, and in general very high production value, so it's quite a cinematic game. I plan on getting it for Xbox once it becomes cheaper because it's better on that system (other than load times) but it's still a great GCN game and I'd recommend it.[/quote]
Sciros, technically, EoN isn't FPS. It's third-person action/adventure. I agree that it's a stellar game and should be picked up by anyone wanting a great gaming experience, but it isn't FPS.

Contrary to what reviews say, XIII is remarkable. Sadly, I've not played it for Gamecube, but I imagine it's not all that different from the Xbox version. If the deathmatch is anything like it is on Xbox, it'll definitely be worth checking out. The entire game is very hardcore FPS. The damage ratio is unforgiving; enemies have near perfect accuracy from a wide range of distances; the ammo is scarce.

XIII really is the FPS for a GE vet. Really, it's more difficult than GE, and that's a major bonus. It challenges you to play smart, to use cover, and to almost think outside the box. The deathmatch is no different, and the deathmatch levels are terrific for any gaming style, whether it be sniping, camping, cover fire, sneaky little *****, whatever.

Granted, XIII isn't for everyone, and I'm positive the majority of FPSers out there won't be able to stand it. But for those dedicated to the standards set by the hardcore FPS, XIII will suit nicely.

While I cannot vouch for the single player, I found the multiplayer in XIII incredibly dull. My main issue was simply with the level layouts. None really stood out and were really all just unremarkable in my opinion. Perhaps if I only played console FPS games I'd be more impressed, but eh. Of course, it still is quite fun if you manage to get four player together. Maybe I just didn't have a good experience with it, I don't know.

In terms of FPS games on GCN, the only one I really waste my time with is Timesplitters 2. Good control, nice customization and decent levels... although I felt some are overly mazelike. The single player is decent as well.

Serious Sam is hiting GCN soon too for $20. The PC game is fun in a shoot-everything-in-sight kind of way. Don't expect deep gameplay or amazing graphics, but it could be a fun playthrough.

Tony, I'd be inclined to chalk it up to just not having a good experience with it. As I've found with most multiplayer games, having the right people is important. Of course, some deathmatches won't even benefit from having the right people, like the deathmatch in EoN. That's quite a substandard multiplayer, if you ask me. I figure it'll hold the attention of my friends for a few rounds and that's it. But I think XIII is a deathmatch that is fundamentally strong, but does require a particular human element.

Even though you didn't mention Halo, I found its deathmatch to be very...arcadey. It felt too "out there" to be fun just by itself, or just me versus a few bots. Really, Halo's deathmatch gave me the "I can do anything" feeling when I played it. I know that's purely subjective, but it feels more suited to an arcade game than a console shooter. That's why XIII's deathmatch was so appealing for me, I think. It forced me to not rush into an open area, something that I never got from Halo. I realize Halo and XIII seek to accomplish different things, but a challenging and unforgiving FPS is something I love.

I'm hoping Serious Sam can do better on Cube, honestly. I rented the Xbox version a few months ago. It's seriously defective. I did some research on the net, apparently about 80% of the copies are like that, and people had to raise hell multiple times to get a copy that worked. Sad to see, really. It sounded like a fantastic game from the reviews. Here's hoping the Cube version is actually playable, heh.

TimeSplitters 2...I've had some insane gaming moments there. Though it's a bit dated, it's a really great game. Capture the Bag in the Training Ground level is excellent. I'd go into more detail, but my mind is seriously hazy right now.

To the thread starter, you got reamed if you bought Turok Evolution. The game's not a purchase at any price.

I'll try XIII again, I suppose. I do enjoy Halo on multiplayer though... especially with all vehicles on. King of the Hill is fun too, while it lasts.

The original thread starter mentioned Metal Arms. It's more of a 3rd person shooter, I'd say, but it's amazingly good (I think you can play in first, though). I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a solid action title, especially the Xbox version. GC version is still great, though.

Guest Menzar
Metroid Prime and Timesplitters 2 are my favourites but Turok Evo and Bond games are good too. I prefer the 1st person bond games to the 3rd person. :cool: The best first-person shooters on other consoles include Halo (for mutliplayer), Medal of Honour series ( for Single-player) and on pc, Return to castle Wolfenstein (for online gameplay.