OtakuBoards

Secret Celeb-Love

Onix

I am under the potentially wrong impression that everyone has a celebrity that they love/lust for/droll over/etc. I just want to know who, and why. Personal curiousity.

I am in love (lust) with Eliza Dushku, actress of such fame as BtVS, Tru Calling, Wrong Turn, and the New Guy. As for why, she's tough, smart, witty, and a bad-*** bad-girl. This is what I like. I'd even go as far to say that I like a girl who can kick my ***. Not that I'm into the whole S&M thing, though. And, let's not forget that she's dead-sexy.

Anyway, that's me. Be kind to others opinions, but I'm not against a few playful jabs to the ego.

I would have to say one of my many celebrity loves is Orlando Bloom. In the LOTR movies, he was hot in his wig, he could use that bow and arrow really good (but in the beginning, it was digital), and in the Pirates of the Caribbean, he was just plain sexy with the curls and loose shirt.

Another one of my heartaches is Billy Boyd (also from the LOTR). He played Pippin in the movies. Not only can he act,though, he can play the guitar better than any country music artist. Guitars turn me on. He also sings fairly well. I think he's very attractive too. VERY attractive.

So there you have it. Those are my men, the ones I'd turn to the moment I became an actress, which I plan to do.

I don't get the Orlando Bloom love. He looks downright awful in the upcoming Troy movie lol.

I generally don't go for celebrities. The only person I ever had an interest in that I never personally met was Kim Deal of the Pixies. I don't know why. She doesn't look amazing, she has a lisp and she smokes... but I really, really liked the Pixies, The Amps and the Breeders and I absoultely love her singing voice. I think that's what did it.

I'm over her heh.

Guest Midnight Rush
Lol this is funny...Don't get me wrong I don't lust over something I simply can't have, but I have always had a thing for Lucy Liu. She's very hot in a romantic-type way and she has that Asian flair/mystique that is ooo soo freaking sexy. I'm no exhibitionist or swinger or whatever, but I am not afriad to admit that she can like barely smile and the switch goes on... for real. The only other "celebrity" I've had a thing for was Sung Hi Lee... if you don't know who that is don't ask...it's prolly better that way lol. Anyways she has a more Korean/SunRain girl kinda feel and she looks dam amazing.... You can't really like a celeb on personality cause the only time you see em personal-wise is in movies and thats acting.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]i have a thing for Rob Thomas of Matchbox Twenty. his voice always makes me feel better, no matter what mood i'm in, and he has the most beautiful smile.

i also love Mai Yamane and Steve Conte, two of the people who do songs for the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack. i've never seen pictures of either, but their voices are SO nice...[/FONT]

[b][size=1][color=darkgreen]
I've said it once and I'll say it again: The entire concept of celebrity is completely absurd, to me. That's not to say that I would mind hooking up with a few. heh heh heh.

Anyway... hmmm... lemme think. Oh, yeah. I must agree completely with Unborn Lord Xion about Eliza Dushku. He took care of that for me.

Beyonce' Knowles: Holy crap, she's hot. Her voice and butt are beyond compare.

Jessica Simpson: She's stupid and has no talent. But...well...ummm...There's nothing really good about her but her looks.

That's all I can think of right now. But, I'm positive there's more.
[/b][/size][/color]

[QUOTE=sublime2004][b][size=1][color=darkgreen]
Jessica Simpson: She's stupid and has no talent. But...well...ummm...There's nothing really good about her but her looks.
[/b][/size][/color][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]i forgot about her. she's the typical airheaded blonde, but damn, she's hot. Nick Lachey is a cutie too, and he's the perfect antithesis to her.

Another really hot but semi-dumb celeb is Ashton Kutcher. Mmm, he's so yummy...[/FONT]

I have never really had one of those secret (or not so secret) crushes on a celeb. I was never one of those girls who would plaster pictures of whatever cute boy was featured in Bop magazine. I never understood that scream-at-the-top-of-your-lungs-crying-then-passing-out obession that some girls had for their dream guy. Think boy band fans then you know exactly what I am talking about.

I think the closest to a crush would have to be back in high school when I was obsessed with Pearl Jam's lead singer Eddie Vedder. I love his voice and the lyrics to his songs spoke to my heart. I just love his voice! He could have been reading the ingredients to my breakfast cereal box and I would listen to him. :love:

Hmm...how about instead of going for hot, what about cute? I mean, I think that some actors have that little innocent look which makes them absolutely...adorable? ELIJAH WOOD! He's so...cute in LOTR. Those innocent eyes of his always make me want to cry and kill those Nazgul.
As for extreme good looks, I'd say Keanu Reeves is a pretty strong contender. Orlando Bloom is ok, but...I only really like him as Legolas.
As for an actress that I absolutely envy for looks, I'd say Evan Rachel Wood, or the girl in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. What was her name? I think it was...Zhang Ziyi...

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=2]Im not really that into any celebrities I think celebrities are attractive I mean I i'll see any movie with Zhang Ziyi or Halle Berry just because there in them but at the same time I think there both great actresses. But other then that theres no one else like that.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I'm the same as Panda; I've never really had a "crush" on an actor before... Although there are some that I greatly admire, as well as actresses who amaze me with their skill. You just have to stare in awe and wonder...

Lets see, recently I saw The Last Samurai, and I have to say that I was amazed by Tom Cruise's fellow samurai dude, Katsumoto. What the actor's name is, I have no idea, but his performance was stunning. Do I have a crush? Umm...I'd say that's a little presumptious, don't you think?

And as there are too many great actresses to name, I'll just say that Audrey Hepburn is my all time favorite. No one can top her!

[color=#707875]I think that the whole celebrity crush thing is kinda interesting, for a couple of reasons.

One is that I have the distinct feeling that celebrities are often not the same in their personal life as they are in their public life. I'm sure that there are exceptions and that the vast majority of famous people are still quite reasonable and normal in their personal lives.

But I know from experience that celebrities can be the polar opposite of how they appear on TV.

Case in point would be Tony Barber (at least, I think that's how you spell his last name). He's been a TV show host in Australia for many years now.

When I was in grade 5 in primary school, I went to see a taping of our local version of Jeopardy at the Channel 10 studios here.

And you know that part at the end, where you have to write your answer with a pen? One contestant didn't have a pen and she sort of quietly raised her hand and whispered "I don't have a pen."

So, the lights went up and Tony Barber said something like "What the hell doesn't she have a ******* pen? Someone get her a ******* pen! I don't have time for this ****."

Needless to say, the whole audience was like this: o_O;;

Now, here's a guy who constantly wears a stupid toothy grin and who you'd think spends his spare time kissing babies and cuddling puppies. On that day, I swear to you...I was under the impression that Tony Barber [i]was [/i]Satan himself!

So, this incident really reminded me that people can be the total opposite to what they seem.

I've never really been a person to be starstruck or anything. Although I haven't had huge experience with celebrities, I've certainly met a few famous people over the years (quite often just through chance). And I've never been one of those crazy gushing fans or anything. I mean, these people are just like you or me, except that they are famous. So what? It's no different to any other person with any other job.

I can't really remember having any crushes on celebrities, although there are obviously famous people who I think are good looking. But being good looking isn't necessarily going to make me have a crush on you...it takes a bit more than that. lol

And yes, I'm wholly aware that much of this post may seem silly considering one of my recent myOtaku posts (those who saw it are probably giggling right now -.-), but honestly, I'm telling the truth here.

...I think. ^_^;[/color]

It would have to be Kristen Miller for me. (The extremely sexy woman from"She Spies").

The reason is just because...wel...she's HOT! Also, I've read a game magazine she was in and she sounds like some one I'd love to get to know.

Coming in at 2nd place is Hally Berry. That movie Swordfish is what turned me on to her. If you've seen that movie then you know what I mean.

[color=darkviolet]When I was five I had a crush on Buddy Blue from Rainbow Bright. Does that count as a celeb crush?

If not then I really can't admit to having one, even if I do think Orlando Bloom is very hot. But I'm not crushing on him.

Yes, sometimes it's fun to want something you can't have, but that's why I keep lusting after my ex's Porsche and not my ex. I guess I'm either strange or not strange wnough for this world.

NOw, my husband, I think he likes Lucy Lui enough to constitute a celeb crush[/color]

I have some friends who will argue about this to their graves, but to me, it's a solid fact: I do not have, never had and never will have a crush on a celebrity.

My friends would argue that I have a crush on James Martsers/Spike from BtVS. The facts? Yeah, he's cute, I like his personality, he's my favorite character and I have a tendancy to obsess over him. But do I have a crush on him? No. Would I go out with him? Not even if you paid me.

There are a ton of reasons for this. For instance, I don't think it's possible to have a crush on someone that you haven't even met. In fact, I personally think I'd have to be friends with a guy first before getting a crush on him. So the entire celebrity-crush thing? I don't get it.

[quote name='Cyriel']Hmm...how about instead of going for hot, what about cute? I mean, I think that some actors have that little innocent look which makes them absolutely...adorable? ELIJAH WOOD! He's so...cute in LOTR. Those innocent eyes of his always make me want to cry and kill those Nazgul. [/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Elijah Wood is cute, but he's that kind of sugary cute that makes me want to gag. Macaulay Culkin is the same way.[/FONT]

[quote name='Cyriel']As for extreme good looks, I'd say Keanu Reeves is a pretty strong contender. [/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]i cannot look at Keanu without thinking of the SNL Jeopardy episode.

"i know kung fu!"
"For the last time, Mr. Reeves, no, you don't."

*later*
"You wagered eleventy billion dollars! that's not even a real number!"
"Yet."[/FONT]

[QUOTE]When I was five I had a crush on Buddy Blue from Rainbow Bright.[/QUOTE]
I used to watch that when I was a little kid!!! But my mom threw away the video...I've been looking for it everywhere. Do you know where I can get a copy? I wanna watch it again! And yes, Buddy Blue is pretty cute. ^_^