OtakuBoards

Highlander: Immortal Legacy

Shiguru

[SIZE=2] Well, after a failed attempt on another RPG site I figured I might as well bring this game here.

Most of the cultured people here know what Highlander is and the basics, but to be an equal opprotunity game here is a rundown (I suggest you still rent the movie and maybe watch some of the series though it would really help)

Everbody loves Immortals, everbody likes some good killing, everybody loves history. Combine them and get highlander.

I propose we do a highlander rpg. What is Highlander you ask? Highlander was an excellent movie staring Christopher Lambert (Raiden from Mortal Kombat) and Sean Connery (James frekin Bond.) about a group of Immortals who live throughout thier daily lives... but they sometimes have sword fights and kill eachother which can only be done by decapitation. Once the opponents head has been severed you gain thier life force/power/essence known as the Quickening. The quickening is an electrical kind of force that overloads electronic equipment and causes things to explode and such, it's really cool to watch. In the movie Connor MacLeod (Christopher Lambert) is a 400 year old scottish highlander who lives in new york. However when only a handful (about 30 I think) of immortals exists then the Gathering takes place. They are instinctivly drawn to a certain place (New York) to kill eachother until only one remains who gains the prize: Limitless knowledge and the ability to be one with anything.

There was also an okay TV show starring Duncan MacLeod (Adrian Paul) who was just a Conner MacLeod ripoff. It delt with a larger cast of immortals and had some really cool episodes and some really dumb ones. But it did make Highlander a cult series that is still popular.

Then there were the OTHER movies which just blew hard. Only the first one is good.

So what are these immortals and how do they work? It's simple really they have existed since the beggining of time and lived among mortals. Some have been recorded in Sumeria. They fight in "The Game" which is nothing more than a really cool process of elimination that logically never end. Immortals simply kill eachother (by beheading with a bladed weapon) and take eachother's quickening.. thus, growing stronger. This goes on until The Gathering... when only a few dozen or hundred remain and they slowly feel a pull to one general area. Then they kill eachother until they get The Prize. A gift of limitless knowledge and power.

There are rules to "The Game" however:

- You are safe only on holy ground for any religon (Temples, churches, cemetaries etc.) no immortal can attack you there.. but every place else is fair game.

- One on one duels only. No 2 on 1 or anything of the sort, and no other immortal can directly interfere with a duel once it has begun.

-Bladed hand weapons only, No guns. Swords (the easiest to conceal and perferred weapon for most cases), Axes, Bladed Staffs (Duncan once used a spear.) etc.

Here are some facts about Immortals you should know they include:

- Are sterile and cannot bear children
- Must "die" of either natural causes or unnatural causes (other than beheading) to truly become an immortal. Known as "first death"
- Can sense other immortals quickening through a buzzing in thier skulls. It tells you that there is one nearby not thier exact location. One can also will the buzzing to stop.
- Carry a sword to fight for the prize. Immortals are usually armed at all times.
- With age comes power. Age gives power, but not as much as killing other immortals does.
- anyone can be immortal, men women of any race.
- injuries heal very quickly, within a few minuets gunshot wounds become good as new or being run through becomes a distant memory
- lost limbs grow back but take time.
-have a long memory (since they last centuries it's a must.)

Dying: There is a bit of a debate on immortal "death". In the first and third movie Conner was uneffected when shot or stuck under water. But in the tv series, you seemed to "die" for a few minuets before suddenly awakening.

Powers: Since the quickening is "life force" seen in all objects (which is why all objects react violently when an immortal is killed) it gives immortals certain powers. Nothing really magical though.

-gives them short bursts of strength
-gives them short bursts of speed
-can project stronger quickening to a weaker quickening as a distraction (The Kurgen did this to Conner before his "first death")
-can heal oneself extremley quickly

Now as for the game.

How the game would work: there are several ways that it could work

1) Everyone is modernday but are still immortals shortly before The Gathering and they arrive and kill eachother at random... with one big and all powerful immortal wandering (like the Kurgen) about. And we vote on who gets killed.

2) Still modern but there is a god like evil immortal out there with a bunch of other powerful ones under him and helping him out. Everyone does thier own thing, but in the end are all vulernable to him and band together to help kill him and his minions all would be Player chars. But it would still come down to one person for the prize (this is one of those RPGs that should have a frekin end.)

You people decide, I don't care either way. I like both ideas.

BUT there are some rules to follow:

- Characters cannot be more than 700 years of age (then they would be too powerful since power comes with age as well as quickening.)

- Interaction is a must. I'm sure several characters have met in the past or will meet in modern times.

- Flashbacks are cool and helpful for past events that don't happen in modern times. Replying to a flashback must be specified. Just write [I]flashback: (exact or general) date/place IE: flashback: 1793, Rome[/I] or for a reply just write the same heading and post. When a flashback ends just write [I]end flashback [/I] afterwards

-Be descriptive and at least TRY to be historically accurate. A lot of things can slide but don't say something like the American Civil War happened in the 1890s.

That's it to my knowledge PM me if you have any other questions about the game itself.

As for chars just a simple sheet with a few extras works. Immortals are from around the world, try and make a cool and original character. Not all just Samurai and other Japanese warriors. You have people from places like Africa, the Middle East, Europe, the America's to choose.

Name: (Original)
Sex:
Age/DOB: (It's okay if you don't know exactly. Just estimate.)
Eye: (color. Optional)
Hair: (color and/or style if you want. Optional)
Height:
Weight:
Weapon: (Swords are perferred, but as stated above be diversive. Immortals can use more than one sword. But please specify which one he uses most often. Immortals can also use two blades at once.)
Ethnicity/country of origin:
Alias: (Only fools use the same name for centuries. What does the public know them as?)
Current residence:

Physical Description:

Personality:

Fighting Style:

Bio:

It's a little confusing, but I still hope people sign up.

My char:

----

Name: Gavin Valgaeth
Sex: Male
Age/DOB: 1694, 310
Eye: Sky Blue
Hair: Platnium Blonde. Short.
Height: 6'4
Weight: 220 lbs.
Weapon: Viking Broadsword (common), Spanish Cutlass.
Ethnicity: Scandinavian
Alias: Eric Longson
Residence: Toronto, Canada (I know next to nothing about Canadian laws. So correct me if I screw up a few things.)

Physical Description: Tall, muscular without tone. His nearly white hair and fiar skin are unusual, as is his deep and booming voice. Like that of a Viking warrior. He mostly wears workshirts and jeans with his leather jacket big enough for him to conceal his blade.

Personality: A guy with a smart tounge and a kind heart Gavin is the kind of guy who does what he thinks is right. He also loves to joke with people and take in a good fight. His love of alchohol stems from early in his 310 years of life and his love for sports comes from his experiance as a dock worker in the 30's.

Fighting Stlye: Traveling throghout Europe he learned many sword styles. Combining them into his own unusual and off-beat hybrid he uses. He is an offensive juggernaught when it comes to combat, going it like a torrent and wearing his opponent down with his strength.

His hand to hand combat revolves around Western Boxing, Military hand-to-hand and some wrestling he learned in Russia.

Bio: Gavin was born a Viking Warrior. When he grew up learning the ways of the sea and the skills of war he was eager to join them on quests for resources and such. After getting his chance he proved himself an excellent warrior.. until he fell off of his horse after a raid and crashed into a river. After being bashed against the rocks for hours he awoke on a beach and was taught who he was by German mapmaker named Hans.. another immortal.

After his "first death" Gavin wandered around Europe for a while. Learning how to read,write, and arithmitic as new sword styles. As he traveled he took some heads, becoming stronger in the process. He traveled to Britian and decided to join the Navy for a few years... until he got tired and became a pirate instead.

After being hung for treason, Gavin wandered to Germany and fought in the Napolionic Wars. And then sailed to New York to fight in the American Civil War. After the burning of the south and the treaty at Appomattox he went to explore Asia and the middle east for a few years before returning to America in the 1920's.

Staying low for a while Gavin kept his cool as a dock worker in San Fransisco, but when WWII hit he jumped on the enlistment roster before anyone else in town. He foght in the Pacific for all of the war as part of the Marine Corps. After the war he settled in California until 1970 when he moved to Canada and kept low, going for the occasional head hunting trip. Which is how he lives now.
---

HOLY CRAP! What a long *** post! :eek: Well, uh, happy reading? :o [/SIZE]

[color=green][size=1]Here's my character

Name: Kuang Lou

Race: Immortal (of course)

Eye Coloe: Jade Green

Hair: Jet Black, slicked low, and cut a little short.

Nationality: Chinese

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 147 lbs

Build: Skinny, ripped. Not bulky, and with muscular with very little body fat.

Weapon: The River Dragon (a flexible and thin chinese sword with a thin blade, mainly used for stabbing, but can be used for slightly deep cutting, but requires much power because of it light weight. It has a red tassle at the end of its Teal handle and an engraving of a wavy dragon at the base of the blade.)

Current Residence: San Fransisco (Chinatown), California

Alias: Eric Lou

Biography:

Born near the Shaolin Temples in China, he was orphaned as an infant and was taken in by the Shaolin Monks. When the emperor of China called for the temples destruction, an 18 year old Kuang faught in the rebellion, and died in battle after several considerable wounds.

When he awoke, he was in Beijing, were he met a young woman, named Ling Chun, an immortal herself, she taught him the ways of the immortal and how there lives worked. After learning as much as he could from her, including the art of Wing Chun, Kuang left to learn more of the world, now that he had seen what he could acheive. His passion for martial arts drove him to learn from several master over his long life time, learning several arts, he slowly developed his chi to grand scales. He could channel it in several ways, from powering his body along with his abilites as an Immortal alowed, and outside of his body, such as into a weapon or a strong push by channeling it at his opponent.

Around 1868, Kuang left for America, the new country where success was booming and several other Chinese were leaving too. Hoping for opportunity and seeing the world, he left for the new country. He started out in the then small town of San Fransisco, and worked as miner.

After a few years of this, he left for a new town in Maine, where he stayed for near 50 years, then leaving to San Fransisco again, a large, bustling city now. He has stayed there since present day.

Fighting Style:

Skilled in most chinese martial arts, including:

Wing Chun (in fighting with low kicks)

Mantis (low stances with nerve and vital strikes)

Shaolin Boxing (an artful and flowing martial art that uses many ornamental and effective techniques)

Tai Chi (a slow and flowing art that focuses on the development of the chi in the body.

Chinese Sword Techniques. (artful, ornamental, and flowing, using the opponents leverage agains them.)

Kuangs is more powerful because of the time he has practiced it.) Kuang Prefers using hand to hand combat and will often times use his sword as a last resort[/color][/size]

[size=2][font=Century Gothic][color=sienna]Name: Laura Siobhan (Shi-vahn) McClelland[/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=sienna]Sex: Female[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=sienna]Age/DOB: 227 years old. September 21, 1776[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=sienna]Eye: honey brown[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=sienna]Hair: Dark chesnut brown with slight reddish tint streaked fire engine red and cut short and spikey.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=sienna]Height: 5'6"[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=sienna]Weight: 180 lbs.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=sienna]Weapon: A longsword made of silver with a mahogany hilt inlaid with gold and a few semi-precious stones. This sword was handed down from generation to generation in her family, even after they moved to the New World. Laura also carries a small, concealed dagger with her at all times, in case she is ever separated from her sword.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=sienna]Ethnicity/country of origin: Irish-African-American. United States.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=sienna]Alias: Imara Solinskii[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=sienna]Occupation: Artist, Musician, and High School Art Teacher[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=sienna]Current residence: Greenwich Village, New York[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=sienna]Physical Description: A light caramel-like complexion. She can usually be seen in long black skirts or jeans, a black oversized Oxford collar shirt, and black boots.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=sienna]Personality: Laura is very quiet and laid back, only fighting if it is an absolute must. She does have a fiery temper but keeps it, for the most part, in check.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=sienna]Fighting Style: Free-Form[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=sienna]Bio: Laura was born into slavery in a small colonial town just outside of current day New York City. Her birth was one of scandal and misdemeanors. Her father was white, Irish to be exact, and her mother was his faithful servant working to improve the life of her family. Her father divorced his family in disgrace and moved with her mother to tiny cabin in a remote part of the colony. For ten years, they lived peacefully, the very image of a happy family. Her father then caught wind of the zealous "cleansation" of his former family and began running to save the life of his now wife and child. For another nine years, they lived in happiness. But her father's family's resentment grew until finally, while she was walking in the nearby woods, they murdered her parents. Laura returned just in time to see her grandfather and uncle shoot her mother. Dropping the flowers she'd collected, she ran deep into the wood, hiding in fear. After a few minutes, she fell to the ground, exhausted and tramautized. She didn't even notice her uncle stalking up behind her, or the rifle in his hand. He aimed and fired, just missing the fatal shot but knocking her unconscious. Very slowly, very painfully, she died there and, to her disappointment, awoke as an immortal. Since then, she has traveled the Untied States, winding her way slowly back home. In her wanderings, she picked up a particular knack for painting and sketching. She improved her talent and focused on her studies, eventually becoming the art teacher she is in this lifetime.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=sienna]----------[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=sienna]I think I'm finally done. PM me if I missed something.[/color][/size][/font]
[/size]

[FONT=Times New Roman][b]Name:[/b] Jiae Tanya Miriku
[b]Sex:[/b] Female
[b]Age/DOB:[/b] 98 years, March 13th 1905(young, ain't she?)
[b]Eyes:[/b] Asian shaped, large, silver iris
[b]Hair:[/b] Blac w/ silver & blue streaks, to her waist, loose
[b]Height[/b]: 5'6"
[b]Weight:[/b] 167 lbs.
[b]Weapon:[/b] A long sword: its balde is long, and thin, and very sharp. A blue hand guard like dragon wings, and the sword-butt has a blue gem in it.
[b]Ethnicity/country of origin:[/b] American(IE, she is a mix of a lot of different nationalities)
[b]Occupation:[/b] Soccer player, karaoke(professional)
[b]Current residence:[/b] Atlanta, Georgia
[b]Alias:[/b] Kirsten Wilkes

[b]Physical Description:[/b] Jiae has a sharp face, long limbs, and very tan complexion. Her muscles are firm, but small and wiry. She always has a smirk tugging at her lips. SHe has a nice singing voice, and can mimic anynbody, which makes her a great karaoke star. SHe is often seen wearing hip-huggers, t-shirts, tube tops, and sneakers.

[b]Personality:[/b] Jiae has a ready laugh and a just as ready smile. Friendly, fun, and very flirtacious. Though all of these htings, she has a short temper, and is not easy to make happy afterwards.

[b]Fighting Style:[/b] Free-form

[b]Bio:[/b] Born and raised in the South, you could never tell. STick her in New York, and she'd fit right in. SHe has no trace of a southern accent. Jiae is a relativley high-tech chick, on the computer a lot. SHe plays soccer professionally, on the team 'Herricanes'. The name is a joke, since its an all female team, they put a e instead of a u.

She seems only 20-some odd years, and acts like a young adult. Her life as a child was a little hectic, and she doesn't talk about it much. Her father dissappeared when she was little, and her motehr was killed when she was 6. She doesn't remember to much of the next thirty years after that, due to her random amnesia. Its hit twice since her mother died, and so if you ask her about her past, what she'll say is 'I don't remember.'[/FONT]

I tried to fix it up, and the year might be off a bit, but I tried!!! Sorry about that! And I like #2 also.

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]Name: Micheal Witfield
Sex: Male
Age/DOB: 240 /September 15th 1763
Eye: brown
Hair: Cornrows
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 190
Weapon: Katana, Dagger when needed
[IMG]http://imperfectly.imperfectpeople.com/images/dreams/katana.jpg[/IMG]
Ethnicity/country of origin: African America
Alias: William Carter, Marshall Mcdanial, Keith West
Current residence: Baltimore, Maryland

Physical Description: Body type much like Brad Pitts in fightclub, he has many lashes on his back, and he is dark skinned.

Personality: Outspoken, Nice, and Cautious. When it comes to fighting his personality changes he becomes anxious, mean, and unforgiving.

Fighting Style:Trained with katana and in several martial arts

Bio: He was born into slavery he was shot and killed the first time at the age of 17 attempting to run away from his slave master. He worked on the underground railroad until slaveries end and also fought in the Civil War. Afterwards he traveled the world becoming educated he learned the martial arts and several languages while traveling. He came back to America during the late industrial revolution.

[SIZE=3]Note: I like idea 2 for the game, I think we should all do our own thing til the end[/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR]

That is one vote for Idea 2 and a new char... cool.

And Callmegoddess. If you are a non-immortal you cannot participate in "The Game" which means no fighting. I'd previously suggested you make a young immortal born in like the 60s or something and barely put any info in the bio until the 90s or something.

But it is your char.

Excellent job on everyone's finished characters (even Callmegoddess's ;) ) by the way.

[B]Name:[/B] Dana (she was born before last names were used)
[B]Race:[/B] Immortal
[b]Gender[/b]: Female
[B]DOB:[/B] unnknown probably 13-- or before
[B]Mortal Age:[/B] 25
[B]Nationality:[/B] Irish
[B]Height:[/B] 5'6"
[B]Hair Color:[/B] Dark Auburn
[B]Eye Color:[/B] Emerald Green
[B]Build:[/B] Lithe, and lean
[B]Weapons:[/B] Sword of Nuada...a celtic short sword...straight (sometimes she carries sai which she picked up on her travels in Greece in the 80's)
[B]Current Residence:[/B] New York City
[B]Alias:[/B] Dana O'Hara (she hasn't always used her real name, but she is now)
[B]Occupation:[/B] Freelance photographer (I changed that bit)
[B]Personality:[/B] She has a somewhat fiery personality, and lives alone in a small New York apartment. Those who she is close to know that she is really very kind and laid back, and loves to joke around.

[B]History:[/B]
In Celtic legend there were a people called the Tuatha De Dannan (the people of the goddess Dana), after surviving her first death the people of her village took to considering her a goddess of sorts, and became the Tuatha De Dannan. Her people however were slain by the invading Gaels, and she was forced into hiding for many years (holy ground) because she didn't understand the meaning of it all....after a time she grew brave and reemerged during the early 1600's wielding the sword of her people the sword of Nuadha.

She first discovered her immortality when she was shot in the chest by a stray arrow in the forest, and didn't die. Not long after that the battle between the Celts and the Gaels ensued, and she was hunted down during the battle by another immortal who she slew by pure luck, getting her first taste of the game.

Her blade looks a little something like this. She uses a free form style.
[IMG]http://img3.photobucket.com/albums/v32/RhiannonFalcon/nauda.bmp[/IMG]

Just a little thing that I didn't think belonged with my character bio. [B]I vote for idea number 2 on the game play thing as well[/B]. Banning together seems alot more fair in the long run because we all want to continue playing, but if our character dies that's a little hard.