OtakuBoards

How much do you pay to look good...

ChibiHorsewoman

Guest Midnight Rush
Hair: 20$ Basic Cut plus 10-15$ for shampoo and comb and gel

Clothes:anywhere from 200-1000$ (not often 1-2 times/yr max)

Excercise (to look buff ect..):175$ per 3 months for a gym membership

And no I can't afford any of this stuff. But Grandpa can ^_^. We're not rich, in fact we are in the second lowest income bracket I think, but my mom's a genius money manager so we live very well thanks to her. Grandpa's a rich old scientist, and he gets most of my stuff I guess. Don't get me wrong I don't sit around all day, but school takes up most of my money making time.

My most expensive piece of clothing is my 480$ winter coat from Columbia. I also have somekind diesel (?) jeans that cost like 160$... I honestly dont see much in expensive clothes other than the recognition people give to them..

Total that I personally spend per year:200$ max.

[color=#002E55]I have to pay a stupid amount to get my hair cut, and that's about it. The only reason I pay so much a year is because my hair grows back to what I consider full length in about a few weeks. My hairdresser probably knows more about me than my parents by now.

Anywho, I haven't bought clothes in around a year. Even then, I don't spend much at all and generally get bored walking around stores and so forth. I know that I dress like a complete fool with my set of sweatshirts, jeans and t-shirts but I don't care. That is, until I get some more money. ^_^;[/color]

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=Indigo]I don't have to pay to look good, It just comes natural. lol. Besides cleaning my face with soap and oxypad, I buy...

[B]Hair dye (blonde) : $15.00
Hair gel : $8.00[/B]

Mom buys my clothes of course, so I wouldnt count those as something I have to pay to look good.[/COLOR][/FONT]

I will buy any thing that I think is cool that is *[COLOR=DarkOrange]ORANGE[/COLOR]* :D I bought some neat skate boarder shoes for $30 that are lasting forever and they have *[COLOR=DarkOrange]ORANGE[/COLOR]* shoe laces!! :D

and i'm just about to pay $50 to bleach my hair!

other than that who cares?? (guy thinking of corse)

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]I buy all of my shirts (black, long, loose-fitting, t-shirts, all of 'em) for ten dollars at the most wonderful clothing store on the planet. (Actually, my last one came from the Art Gallery, but it's made by the same company and cost the same amount. : / )

My parents pay for most of my clothes, none of which cost anywhere over $30. Except for my shoes and ski-equipment, of course, but those are sort of on a different plain. I mean, buying cheap ski-pants results in a wet ***. And nobody likes that.

I spend all my money on DVDs, manga, books, action-figures and posters. Who needs "style"?

(Aside from socks, I mean. You can tell everything about a person from their socks. I wear mine mismatched: today the left one is black with traditional teddy-bears embroirdered in white, and the right one is speckled blue.^_^)[/FONT][/COLOR]

Scince I am a "tomboy", I hardly ever by makeup. I have cover-up, plain white eyeshadow, and some lip gloss, wich comes to a total of about five to seven dollars. I can't wear mascara because it makes me look like a racoon, and blush makes me look sun burnt. I probably spend the most on my hair, because I get it cut every month or two, and I spend a little on gel, to spike it once in a while. my limit on hair stuff is probably $20.00.

[size=1][color=darkblue]Really, I don't find myself paying that much to keep myself looking good. The only make up that I will wear is lip gloss and eye shadow, and I hardly even wear that stuff. Since my hair is fairly short, I don't have to do much with it. I get my hair cut maybe twice a year which comes to a normal total of about $10. I also like to put a little hair gel in my hair from time to time to give it a little more volume etc. But normally I hardly ever even have to brush it. << >> Sometimes I may wear red, blue, or black nail polish, but that is hardly ever. And we all know that stuff doesn't cost much.
When it comes to clothes and accesories, I probably pay from about $40-$70 for that stuff. I hardly ever go shopping for new clothes though, except for new jeans. I normally like to buy/wear big shirts that I can wear for awhile.
I don't really pay that much for that kinda stuff, cuz I don't really care.

--Conna--[/color][/size]

[color=darkviolet]I have clothing from when I was in college. (I even have a t-shirt from when I was in 8th grade) As long as it isn't too ratty or out-dated I'll wear it until it falls apart. I can usually get a few years out of sweatshirts and t-shirts. When I buy the ones from AE I get them on sale for $8.75 or so. But I did buy this Happy Bunny t-shirt at Hot Topic for $24.00. But it said: [b]Make the stupid people shut up[/b] so I needed it.

Jeans too. I have a few pairs that I love, I love them so much that I end up wearing the hems off and have to cut them with scissors. I probably pay between $14.00-$38.00 for a pair of jeans. I bought a long denim skirt at Old Navy for $7.00 which was pretty cool. However, I have to spend the excess money on breeches for horseback riding. A good pair of full seat breeches can run about $54.00+ and then I buy a few thermal pairs for the winter.

Socks are my weakness tho, even more than shoes (25 pairs so far including dress boots and padock boots for riding) I have two pairs of thinsulate boot socks for winter riding that ran $15.00 a pair. Then I have ones with cherries, panguins and what have you. It's like that other person said, socks make the person.

Looking up at how many shoes I own, I think Lincoln should start hoping for a boy.[/color]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Well, this is an interesting topic.

When it comes to my hair, I go all out, but I guess I'm pretty thrifty as well. As for Shampoo, I only use Pantene Pro-V and the big bottles are pretty expensive. I say I spend about $12 for both the shampoo and the conditioner. I also use this Aussie product that smoothes you hair and helps tame frizzies, which runs for about $5. I paid $20 for my straightener, $10 for my blow-dryer, and $3 for my hair brush after my other one got transmission fluid ALL OVER IT! As for hair cuts, a friend of mine's mother does a wonderful job, so I just let her do it for about $12. Then, when I highlight my hair, I do it myself. I use the Loreal kit, which runs about $12-$15, but it works wonderfully and doesn't damage the hair too badly.

Clothes? I hardly ever buy clothes. I own one pair of jeans and one pair of khakis. I like to pick up cute shirts every now and then, mostly at Hot Topic, but I'm not the one usually paying for them. *Coughs* I have an obsession with shoes, but I only buy them if they are pretty cheap. Right now my favorite pair are some Old Navy black flipflops with straw bottoms and little beaded straps. I think they were $12.50.

I think what I spend my money the most on is food, lol. I'm always hungry.

As for make-up, I only wear eye-liner, and liner usually lasts for a pretty long time. All the Avon make-up I have my mother got for me, such as my eye-shadow and my mascara. I also wear a bit of shadow, but I think I just stole the stuff I'm using from my little sister. I have a few shades of lipstick, but it's pretty rare for me to ever wear it.

I don't know, do I sound thrifty?[/color][/size]