OtakuBoards

Hex version 7

Psychotik

Hmmm while once again I like the fact that your 3D actually has a defined shape and isn't just random abstract. Your 2D leaves ALOT to be desired =\. Mainly the orange bar that runs across the bottom and all that microtype turn me off x_X. Also your starfield could use some work =P. Try using the starfield and planet tutorial found on the following website to jazz up your 2D and give it a more spacey feel --->

[url="http://gallery.artofgregmartin.com/tutorials.html"]http://gallery.artofgregmartin.com/tutorials.html[/url]

I've always loved the crispness of your images, but I can't help feeling that it's lacking color. Gray just turns me away I suppose. Amazing render, still, but like Hittokiri said, just work on the 2D. I really can't say it any better than him.

This is astounding. The precision of the rendering and the forms is superb and truly give the impression of a spacecraft or device. I think the complex structure towards the top right corner is probably the most successful part on account of the gradient detail on the dish and the interrelation of all those rods.

Hrm, I actually think the colour scheme works fine - orange stands out well enough from grey and black without looking incongruous with the rest of the piece. I wouldn't say the two-dimensional details are too bad - they make it look like a professional annotated graphic design sheet. I particularly like the bar down the bottom - it's like a company signature. I think it's very successful as a whole, personally.

[size=1][color=darkred]I don't feel I could really critique this properly, seeing as I could never make something this awesome. The space station type model is absolutely fantastic. What I will say is that a) Starfield could be improved...some of them are too scattered and it doesn't flow well, and b) Microtext could do with a bit of variety...it is plainly obvious that it is just the same 4 lines repeated. Just a bit of variety would set it off nicely. I have a bit of a problem with some of the fonts...but they are OK. Overall, a very nice piece. I am awed, and lets leave it at that.[/size][/color]

[size=1][color=darkred] This is much better. Your star art looks much better, and I love how you faded off the bar down the bottom. This looks really, really good. I do get the impression that you kind of just 'bordered' the edge of the image with stars though. In future maybe remove some parts so it wouldn't be so uniform. More random.

This reminds me to put up a piece of my own 'Celestial Art'.[/size][/color]