OtakuBoards

My first piece of celestial art

Baron Samedi

WOW. You did all that? That is pretty neat. It is really good too. I do have a couple of problems with it though. The first is that those larger spots look fake. Real fake. All the other stars are fine. It may be that they are too bright or something. I don't know. But it is better than I could ever do so I will let it slide. Secondly I think you may have too many in the groups. They look extremely clustered. I don't think I have ever seen a star cluster that clustered. ^__~

Anyways. Awesome work here Baron. It looks good.

If there was more color and blending those big white stars and their surrounding glow could pass as a good nebula for a space piece =O. Really yeah less big stars more little stars, and make your image bigger =\. It's hard to critique something so small =O! Also you might find it easier to make a larger space image because space is one big place and atleast I have found rather than confine it to something small the bigger you make it the more natural the piece feels =).

That's pretty good. At the risk of sounding redundant, I'd like to point out that it is small and the big stars are a bit unrealistic. Also, the aura around the little ones is a bit brown, which pulls me away from the piece a little. Maybe if you added a [i]very[/i] slight blue tint to them, they'd look more realistic and pleasing. Also, if you made it bigger, you could work on creating planets and really add some depth to the piece.

[url="http://gallery.artofgregmartin.com/tutorials.html"]http://gallery.artofgregmartin.com/tutorials.html[/url]

That's a link Hittokiri Zero put up not too long ago, and he has some great tutorials for space scenes. You might want to check it out :) Great starfield so far though, it just needs some more.

[size=1][color=darkred]Fair enough. I suppose I'd have to agree...maybe the main stars are a bit too big. However, the glow is brown because I used an orange glow for the background...I'll have to check out what I can do with that....and that is the tutorial that I used to design this ^_^. I saw the link before, when Hittokiri put it up. I really enjoyed making this, so you can probably expect more in the future.[/color][/size]

I reccomend trying the planet tutorial as well, whiel I just started tooling with it and am trying to figure out ways to make it better/different from the tutorial i've been able to incorporate the planet and my own starfield into this one layout i'm making for a Unreal Tournament Clan.

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Here is another one...I personally don't think this one is as good as the previous. Bigger though. I had to use the planet from the tutorial though...I can't make my own. Does anyone know how to attatch a texture to a brush in Adobe 6.0?

Anyway, critique it to the ashes, folks.

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/sk3/b2tha_s/Star-progress_copy.jpg]Star Cast 01[/url][/SIZE][/COLOR]

That's actually alot better, but there's too much negative space. Duplicate the planet, change the size and color and stuff to add some variation. It's nice looking at a starfield, but it's just not enough. Great try so far though. The starfield looks [i]alot[/i] better.