OtakuBoards

Rammstein

Kopfgeldj

Gday all
I was just wondering what every one things of rammstien I love them they are great even if you can't understand what they are saying, they are also really great stagemen they sounds good on stage. my fav songs of theirs have to e du rist so gut, rien russ, du hast and (trans) spawn time (can't spell it in german :P)

I love Rammstein. I first heard them when I was bumming on a vacation in Germany. They were on the radio. I love every single song of theirs. I only have one cd of theirs. It is the cd that has Du Hast on it.

I listen to them more than usual. I guess I am one of those, 'I miss Europe' moods. heh

They are an excellent band. As far as translation goes, I only can understand, 1, 2, 3.....and so on. lol

hmm yeah i was in the same boat as you with traslations till i found this site rammstien.ws it has the translation to all their songs some can be really bad like track 7 on your cd but try to get the rest but their first one is the best it's herzleid

Rammstein is a great group. Although, as stated before, I can't understand 9/10 of the words in their songs. I know a few that I've picked up from translations and whatnot, but that's about it. I have Mutter, Herzeleid, Sensucht and Live Aus Berlin. I prefer their original music to the English translated music simply for the fact that it's their original way of playing. I don't really like translated versions of songs from anywhere (Germany, Japan, etc). I tend to stay more with the version that is untranslated.

So, yeah, Rammstein is one of the best bands that I like that I can't understand what they're saying. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I don't mind Rammstein. I've heard alot of songs by them that I have to say I like. I like the fact that they're a rock band, their music tends to always have kind of tune to it.

Some of the translated music you hear of their music doesn't seem to run as smoothly as their original stuff. I like their original music.

The unfortunate thing about Rammstein is that most people in this country know nothing of their work outside of Sehnsucht. While that it is a good CD, it's far from their best. Their previous releases were more impressive and I personally think Mutter, which was released here, is better as well.

What I think is cool about Rammstein is that their music really reflects German efficiency. Everything about them seems so calculated and thought out. There's nothing randomly placed in a song. You're given the impression that things are how they are for a reason and not simply "because it sounds good". Their live shows also reflect this. Despite being chaotic in many senses, it's a very controlled chaos... I realize that's contradicting, but it makes sense if you've seen them lol.

[color=red]Rammestein is awesome! I love the song Du Hast! I have heard some of their other songs and they are great also.... the German language is so harsh and the music definitely reflects that! I am half German in heritage, so I think it would be wonderful to learn the language. Anyways, Rammestein = Great![/color]

[quote name='Semjaza Azazel']The unfortunate thing about Rammstein is that most people in this country know nothing of their work outside of Sehnsucht.[/quote]
I've noticed that also. Whenever I find someone who likes Rammstein, and listens to their music like I do, I want to see what they like about them. The majority of the people I've met like that only know of Sehnsucht, and only because of Du Hast. While Du Hast is a great song, and Sehnsucht is a great album, I think that more people would like them (Rammstein) more if they listened to their different albums. In my opinion, I think Herzeleid is their best album. It's just the feel of it, although most of their music can sound/feel the same after a while. Heh.