OtakuBoards

Graphics

Haze

It has been a while, huh? These pieces are a new batch of stuff I have cooked up in order to create/finish my new website. I felt like making them different and new. I like 'em lots.

They are so large because I created them to be website headers, much like the one right up there *points up*. I make my headers thicker than normal, but that is simply because I like the way they look like that. Not overly skinny, not way to chunky. They are in a happy medium. ^__^

Back to the headers. This first one is quite simple. It is of Shu Rahwinia from War of Genesis 3, I believe. I didn't do much to the background because I felt the simple orange with white streaks looked nice.

To read the text, just read from left to right, then first line to bottom. Just like normal.

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]Kirei...^^

As much as I dislike orange, it looks quite peachy and pleasant here. Good work, Haze: I'm proud of you. u_u

I love that little woman's hair--very stylish. I ought to make one of my (male XP) friends grow their hair out and wear it like that.

I like what you've done wtih the text, as well, though the curviness of the main font is a little...well, I don't like curvy and curly fonts. Gomen ne... How about Courier New...?

: D

(I hate it and love it at the same time!! What am I to do?!?! T_T)[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=2][color=slategray]Wow, this is REALLY impressive stuff Haze. It looks really proffesional and nice. I like those to swirly designs on both sides of the girls name. The cropping was well done. The whole colour scheme is so pleasent too. As i said early, very impressive.[/color][/size]
[size=2][color=#708090][/color][/size]
[size=2][color=#708090]Nicely done; and I do hope to see more graphics from you in the near future.[/color][/size]

[size=2]Thank you both! ^__^ I really appreciate it. Godel....silly silly Godel.... swirlie text roxors![/size]

[font=Verdana][size=2]This next one was a pain in my tail. I originally did it and saved as a .jpg. Big Mistake! So I had to go back and redo [i][u]everything[/u][/i] and save as a .png.. Not cool. Unfortunately the background image is not fully mine. I took another person's and "spiffed" it up a bit. But the crystals are definitly not mine. (Speaking of Crystals does anyone know where to get a PSP8 tutorial for them?) I like the colors and the girl. [/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2]I have no idea who that girl is. I wish I did, but I don't. Also the funky text says "Love Me." [/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2]This one is simple....just not as simple as the other one. ^^[/size][/font]

[size=1][color=darkred]Well, of the first one I have mostly compliments. Your typework is good, the fonts are gorgeous and smooth, and the background is nice and it just feels sleek, refined and laidback. I don't like the image quality of the girl however. She is pixelly...and in this line of business, so to speak, pixelly is a big no-no. I'd try to find another, sharper stock image for that header....aside from that it looks good though. ^_^

As for the second one...well, it is very snazzy for sure ^_^. I like the background a lot...and the overlayed text and lines looks good. I don't feel that the sharpenss of the diagonal lines is of high enough quality though. Diagonal lines are very difficult to get right, because they go pixelly and nasty on you...so, that kind of detracts from what should be a smooth, high quality image. The funky text looks very cool,I just wish with stuff like that that I could read it ^_^. lol. Again, with the stock I am not getting the crystal clear clarity that really makes something high quality. With those stocks, they just don't seem right...like there is a very subtle blurring. I don't like it =\.

Bear in mind that this is only because I am really studying these headers- on a website they'll look just dandy. Ok? ^_^

Nice work there Haze, but look for better stocks I'd say.

As for jpgs, every single one of my pictures is jpg. I have never ever had a problem with it. Are you people not using a high enough quality or something? lol.[/size][/color]

[size=1][color=darkblue]Very well done Haze! ^_^ I love them both, they look very spiffy.
For the first one: I really like this one, nice colors and image. They all blend rather nicely if you ask me. But the image is a bit blurry and pixely in some areas, that kind of bothered me. I love what text you used for this one as well, nice free and loopy feeling. ^^ All together, it is very nice, I don't really see anything I can complain on. ^_~ I don't really know what to say other than great work!

Now for teh second one: I really like that background. I'd say this is the spiffiest outta the two. I like the funky text as well. The image is very clear too. But I must agree with Baron Samedi, those diagonal lines aren't looking the greatest. >.< I can never seem to get them looking nice either, but I don't think many people can.

Anyway, wonderful work. I hope to see more graphics from you soon![/color][/size]