Desbreko Posted November 29, 2005 Posted November 29, 2005 [quote name='PremierSullivan']I have reason to believe that Ryoga's name is "Ryoga". Some people have been spelling it "Ryouga." I know why this error happened, but I'm not gonna go into the details of Hepburn Romanization. I might be wrong (I only know a little Japanese) so if anyone who knows why "Ryouga" might be more correct, please tell me.[/quote][color=#4B0082]I'd be interested in hearing about that, actually. I've always wondered why there are varying translations -- "Ryoga" and "Ryouga," "Tendo" and "Tendou," and the like.[/color]
densuke Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 Okonomiyaki is more like a pancake than a pizza. It's made from a batter of flour, egg and water. Ranma is definitely the best girl in Ranma. I think "Ryouga" and "Tendou" are the proper romanizations of the names. It's just a matter of whether the "o" sounds in each name are long or short and I don't see that commonly-used forms for either name use short "o" sounds.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now