OtakuBoards

Suggestions Titles?

Shadow Guardian

Well, I've started my manga but I had trouble thinking about the title for my manga.
Basically I think my manga is strongly influenced by video games RPG (especially FF series) :sleep: I'm still trying to tweak around with the plot and characters though. I've came out with the characters already and as for the storyline, it still need some modification and improvement. The characters would be something shown in the attachment. (the main character/protagonist is the guy with black hair). Yeah, i know i still got a long way to go in coloring ;)
The story starts off by visualizing a battle against an evil warlock. The warlock was eventually defeated but it seems that the warlock didn?t plan on giving up so easily. That event was 100 years ago. In the present age, chaos spread throughout kingdoms as a greedy sorceress ruler wage war against kingdoms in order to obtain each kingdom?s magic stone. A group of youths was dragged into the struggle to stop the war and the cruel sorceress. In a nutshell the whole story revolves around the struggle to stop the war and accidentally dragged in the battle to stop a rebirth of destruction god whose intention was to enslave humanity and through doomsday. But ordinary mortals would not stand a chance against the destruction god himself. The youths would have to seek help and acquire guardian powers from six inner elements of the earth and three outer elements of the earth. However, things are not as easy as they learned as sacrifices and penances had to be made in order to overcome the power of destruction .

Umm..I can't seems to come up with a proper title.

Woah, sounds like one heck of a story u got there! That'll make an excellent manga, um.. as for titles.. I'm having the same kind of trouble with my manga(s) (i have 2 plots in the making.. what u could do is take a load of words relevant to the story.. in your case, magic, sorcress, god, power, elements, war, destruction, kingdom, etc. and mould a title out of those, or if u want a cool sounding title you could make one up in english and then translate it into japanese. Thats about the best i can come up with. hope that helps to an extent, good luck with the manga!

[quote name='asukastrikes'] or if u want a cool sounding title you could make one up in english and then translate it into japanese. Thats about the best i can come up with. hope that helps to an extent, good luck with the manga![/quote]

Thanks for the ideas but I really could use some help with japanese.

The storyline definately sounds like it has a lot going on so I find it not wise to make the title based off of one event (unless it's uberly important). I have a few ideas for you, though.

[b]Trace to the Earth[/b] This title I thought of because the word "trace" can also mean element or in a way, a factor to the whole line. You could use it many ways. Trace for the element things the heroes get or trace as in the war factor of the kingdoms and of the earth against the God. Whatever.

[b]Nine To Five[/b] This title is iffy. It would really only work if there were five heroes that get the nine entities. If you look up "Nine-To-Five," it means responsibility and in a way, these heroes have a HUGE responsibility on their hands. But this title goes two ways. It means the responsibility crap and it also could mean the nine elements and the five heroes (if there are just five).

[b]Dangerous Calling[/b] This one is obvious. It goes with how the heroes are, in a way, summoned to help even though there is no actual call. As you've said, they get mixed in with the whole mess.

[b]Warscape[/b] Just a mix of words. The world you mention is full of war and a scape is a landscape. A landscape of war :) Simple, yet to the point!

Hope that helps. I'm too tired to think anymore XD

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for your suggestion Silver Cyclone, Dragon Warrior! :babble: Silver Cyclone: Chaos sounds nice but I can only use it for the first part of the story. Right now I'm thinking some japanese like title..umm how bout " Koukennin Yousobetsushori : Chaos" for the first part?
It suppose to mean "Elemental Guardians: Chaos". Well I'm not sure if its correct or not since i got this from an online translator. Can anyone vertify it? thanks.
The second part would be something like "Elemental Guardians: Purity" and the third one would be "Elemental Guardians : Another Story" Well what do you think of these titles? weird? hmm maybe..
anyway im still struggling on the manga and what annoys me is that i can't upload anything right now not even attachment to an email. Blame it on my internet provider. So it would be hard to post any works for comments.