Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Hey, just wanted to put some of my manga drawings up cause I want to know your opinion of them, am i good enough to be a manga artist? is there anything i need to work on? i need your advice please!
Domou Arigatou!
Posted
[color=gray]In the first drawing, I couldnt see any flaw at all at first, but something startled me. And that is the closed eye, which IMO should be a little lower.

The second I have no complain about, except for that there's a line in the ear which is too sharp.. But thats such a little flaw that it doesnt count.

The third maybe was the less best. The neck seems awkward and the shoulders are really small.

In all, I thought the hair was fabulous and so were the faces, and the shading is very nice aswell.
Great job ^_^[/color]
Guest ScirosDarkblade
Posted
The toughest thing about drawing manga (besides creating backgrounds that don't look lazy) is consistency. Luckily it's the best thing about the anime/manga style. It's so formulaic that drawing a face consistenly simply requires remembering some key properties about it. But if you work on it long enough, you'll get there and THEN you'll be ready to draw your own manga.
Posted
thanks for the advice u guys.. i guess i have to work on the proportion of the bodies first, im not very good at creating different poses! - (any tips on doing that?) anyway, arigatou :D
Posted
I took a look at your pictures, now I'm no artist, I can't draw to save my life, but I did like these pictures, they were very good, I think you had the proportions dead on, except maybe on the last one, the missle one was the best for me, the attention to detail, and the amount of work

I hope to see more by you, see ya

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...