OtakuBoards

so what will happen if??>_<

Guest shikamaru

Guest shikamaru
Whats the big deal with you guys kicking all who dont know english...instead of helping them...we are also human just like you guys we also wanna have a fun just like you guys .... :flaming: ..

i need some one to teach me english ....

[email][email protected][/email]

honestly plz ^^ :babble:

Don't forget, shikamaru, there are people who are not mean because someone speaks another language. Different people have different prejudices(like a prep's dislike of a 'retard' at my school). It's just one of those things that makes humans imperfect. There are people who will help on the sidelines. Like Transtic Nerve said,
it looks like you already know english.

If it helps, I've seen people who spell so badly that it's unreadable and they grew up in America, learning english.

[size=1][color=darkred]Well, seeing as you typed that in English, I'd say you know the English language. Now, people may get banned for producing impossible to decipher, off topic, stupid, mindless, bash the general area of the letters posts. But, if you try to keep your posts as neat and correct as possible, as on topic and intelligent as possible, and as grammatically and properly accurate as possible, then we should have no problem. You aren't booted for poor grammar or bad spelling. Uness you're really, [i]really[/i] atrocious.[/size][/color]

[QUOTE=shikamaru]Whats the big deal with you guys kicking all who dont know english...instead of helping them...we are also human just like you guys we also wanna have a fun just like you guys .... :flaming: ..

i need some one to teach me english ....

[email][email protected][/email]

honestly plz ^^ :babble:[/QUOTE]

This isn't english class. Why would you join a board where all posts are written in english when you don't speak it?

Hi , it seems to me that your english is perfect enough that people understand you . And that's what counts . Who cares about spelling after that !? English is my second language to and it's difficult to learn a language I can tell you that . So if people understand you your doing just fine ^_^ . You should be proud of yourself.

bye bye :wave:

[quote name='Harry']This isn't english class. Why would you join a board where all posts are written in english when you don't speak it?[/quote]
[color=orange] Ok Harry, I would have to say that you are a bit of a jerk... just because someone doesn't know English well doesn't mean that we should shun them....

Besides, learning English isn't a piece of cake.... we have so many slang words and expressions - I am suprised so many people have learned it as their second language and know it well.

And Shikamaru, anytime you need an English lesson, give me a call and don't worry about those stupid people who can't appreciate any culture but their own.... :) [/color]

[quote name='goddess21][color=orange'] Ok Harry, I would have to say that you are a bit of a jerk... just because someone doesn't know English well doesn't mean that we should shun them....[/color][/quote][size=1]Actually, we have had people come here who barely spoke or typed in English. We did not shun them, really, but I do recall James making a friendly post advising that OtakuBoards might not be the right place for that person currently, simply because of the language barrier.

And just for a little irony, let us all keep in mind that "English" is a proper noun; it should be capitalized. :p[/size]

[quote name='goddess21][color=orange'] Ok Harry, I would have to say that you are a bit of a jerk... just because someone doesn't know English well doesn't mean that we should shun them....[/color][/quote]
What do you suggest? We teach the english language to them? Also I've encountered people who speak just fine english but would prefer to speak a different language. Do we encourage them also?

Harry's right. The basis of a message board is communication; if you're unable to clearly communicate your thoughts effectively it sort of defeats your purpose for being here.

That's not to say we're adamant on perfect, masterful English. Needless to say, however, if your command over the language is so poor that you're unable to transcribe your thoughts into the basic written word coherently, then this site probably isn't suited to your best interests. Just for the same reasons I don't join a German-speaking board, it would only be an exercise in frustration for all involved.

Undertaking the massive responsibility of teaching English to individual members via email or what have you [i]probably[/i] overreaches the fundamental purpose of this site as a recreational medium and moves it towards the boundaries of an educational resource. We can't officially teach linguistics or anything of that nature. It's just too much.

My advice is simple--if you can effectively communicate with others in English then stick around. As long as we can understand you, it's fine (and honestly speaking, your post quality is far from the worst I've encountered). Just pay attention to others' posts and pick up what you can. Over time, you'll learn and improve. While doing so, try to abide by the post quality rules as much as your understanding will allow you to.

If not, just find a site that operates around a language you're more comfortable with. This alternative isn't derived from some personally motivated goal to exclude anyone less than Shakespeare. Just good old common sense