OtakuBoards

Breakdancing: What do you think?

Ninjah

[size=1][color=darkred]Well right now I'm just bored and I just finished my daily routine of practicing my breakdancing moves. Breakdancing is harder then it looks. Well I just want to know everybodys thoughts on this stlye of dancing.

Well what I think about this Bboying aka Breakdancing is that it's fun. But yet you can seriously hurt you self sometimes. Breakdancing is an intresting style don't you people think so too? But there are certain questions I have about it. Why can't we break to music that is not rap. I mean, I'm not a big fan of rap. I was thinkin to breakin' to Techno. but I don't think that'll work. Breakdancing was originated in the Bronx so that means in New York. Those of you who live in NY do you have lots of breakers?

Ok here's another question, when you think of break dancing do some of you think about bone breaking? I don't know for some reason i just think that since I kinda factured my wrist. I'd do capoeira(sp?) any time since it involves breakdancing. One thing I like about Bboying is that I can wear cofortable clothes. When I'm bboying I need lots of space. So if my school has a talent show I might be able to breakdance or do my flips and tricks. Well I'll just say breakdancing is fun to do, and fun to watch. ^_^

When I ask about my parents about breakdancing they just give me their look, like I'm crazy or something. It's quite funny. They say, "No breakdancing. It sounds dangerous." Well that's what my mom says.
My dad just wants to know the meaning of 'Break'

Well anyways. Breakdancing is still fun, fun to watch, but yet kinda risky!

Well what do you think?[/color][/size]

I love to watch breakdancing, and I also would like to get into Capoeira (Brazillian slave fighting style. Used by Eddie in the Tekken series), but I've seen people do breakdancing to techno, like that "Days go By" video by Dirty Vegas. He wasn't really doing phat-rockin-hippidy-doo-da breakdancing, but it was still awesome. I encourage you to break the mold and get into that techno/dance/electronica breakdancing groove. That would be suh-weetness.

[size=1][color=#999999]Breakdancing is extremely hot when guys do it. It is also an activity that my friends and I like to play around with. I can only do small tricks, like the Coffee Grinder and the Worm..lol. Breakdancing is fun to watch and battles are awesome as well. I'm not big on breakdancing, but watching is fun, like I said before. I'm actually a raver. ^_^[/size][/color]

[color=#0099ff]I really hate the music, but it's pretty cool watching the breakers.[/color]

[color=darkred] Please avoid single sentence posts... a bit more substance pays off in the long run. Post quality is a rule that It seems I'm going to have to enforce again.
~Drix.[/color]

[size=1][color=darkred]I think not alot of people are intrested in Breakdancing. Well, Arika...A raver huh? :D
Well, yeah Bboy battle are fun to watch! Yeah one time I think when I went to Texas, I saw a couple of people battling. I wish to get good one day, and battle someone. :D

Oh yeah, and thanks SoapyShoes for encouraging me. I think I'll try to break to some Techno. Although Hip-Hop is still kinda my breakin' music even though I somtimes get annoyed of it. So Dirty Vega eh? I'll have to check that song out. Yeah I should get some more Techno to break to.

Once I get my webcam, and if the pictures category comes back I'll try to post some pics of me bboying. XP
You'd laugh and think it's hiliarious. I was thinkin' abour bein' a raver...But I'm I said "Nah, I'd rather be a B-Girl."

I do have a friend in Canada who raves, and liquid raves. Yep.[/color][/size]

Breakdancing is a large thing between my friends and I. I took it up at one point, but I really have nowhere at all to practice so I just stopped trying. I love raving though, my friends are amazing at strobing and I'm good at liquid. I see alot of people breakdance though, and the coordination and strength it takes is incredible. I live in Texas, which is one of the largest states for breakdancing and I'm going to start going up to UTA, where a really popular breaking team holds practices.

[color=green][size=1]

I'm pretty good at pop n' lock, which is the only style me and my freinds practice other than doing the See (yes not C as in Crip, See as in Tennessee) Walk and Heel Toe. I'm good enough for someone to invite me to a party just to battle someone, which I plan on doing next week.

Me and my freinds are always coming up with different moves and sets. We even have a double team move were we pull our arms (without using the other hand) into our big ole shirts and come together and do a wave and stuff like that. We get alot of our stuff from Missy Elliot video's. Sadly, one of our idol's is a 10 year old actress who is excellent at pop 'n' lock. You know the one. The funny thing is, I'm white and my freind is black, I wear alot of white, he wear's alot of black, so it looks really cool when we do our team moves. Break dancing is a big part of my life really.

Best Pop and Lock Songs:

Brush Ya Shoulder's Off - Jay Z
Shake That Thing - Sean Paul
Anything, and I do mean anyhting, by Missy Elliot[/color][/size]

Now this takes me back to the 80's. I have never been a breakdancer, but I really do enjoy watching those who do. When you get to see someone who is really talented it is amazing what they can do. Physically it takes a lot of pratice and to be able to think up these moves and put them together in a way that looks so fluid and effortless is really amazing. I am not that talented but I can appreciate all the hard work put in by those who are. :)

• 2 weeks later...
[color=darkred][size=1]Well alot more people then I expected replied to this thread. Yes breakdancing does take alot of practice. I'm always practicing wherever I am...Not actually wherever but when I'm at a relitives house. I start out with wrist flexes. I can only use one wrist which is my right since my left is fractured, and if I put enough weight on it it'll break. I need to check up with my uncle since he's a doctor and all.

I'm a little asian twelve year old kid who breaks and wears dark colors. When playing Tekken I watch what Eddie does since he does Capoeira. LOL, Capoeira is awesome really. I practice breakdancing by myself and cardboard taped to the ground; which my little sister ruined by rolling a chair over it. >_< My mom and dad say I'm to active! Blah. Active is my game; and breakdancing is to.[/size][/color]

[color=green][size=1]

Like you, Hatake, I practice where ever I am, even when it may not be appropriate. I pop while I'm sitting down even. I've been coming up with alot of moves. There's one where I'll be rolling my hands around while the left follows the right were ever it goes, and I'll follow my hand down my face, and then I'll look down and I'll pop my wrist to make my head go back up.

Or when I'll be doing the same follow the leader move and I'll roll all the way around my shoulder and make my right hand wave up until it goes into my shirt, then I'll do the heart beat move, or shoot it out in someone's face if I'm battling. Another move it specialized to "Dirt Off Your Shoulders". I'll be popping and when the beat slows down at the end of the song, I'll do an extemely slow wave, which ends at the end of the slow down, and then speed up, brush my shoulders off, and then act like I'm sprinkling the dirt on the opponent. I have alot of moves and I get alot of my inspiration from Missy Elliot video's. You all gotta admit that dancing to her songs is necessary at all times.[/color][/size]

Guest Gotenks
Break-dancing is cool.And I know what you mean when you say"not as easy as it looks".I had to find that out the hard way.One day I tried to spin on my head.I
managed to get on my head,but didn't have as much luck spinning.What happened?
Let's just say I can't turn my neck a certain way.Just kidding,I just fell on my butt HARD.I guess I'll just stick to the robot.

[color=darkred][size=1]Heh, Reflux...Man.. -gives him a high five- You rock. \m/ ^_^ \m/
Yeah I do watch some of Miss Elliots videos but then i become annoyed of some of her music. I don't know why but half of me says to danceand like the music the other half says hate it. Man I haven't really battled anyone becase I have no one to battle! XP Hah the brushing off the shoulder. Old...But yet creative and fun to do. XD
[/size][/color]

I haven't breakdanced before (save for the time when I got a little hyper on carbonated beverages, attempted the worm, and came out with something else) and I think that Breakdancers are incredibly talented, and skilled people, and the dances themselves are highly entertaining to watch. I can't even dream to do half the stuff performed in a break myself.

I find that most people break to RnB and Hip-Hop because the style gels so well with
that particular genre, Techno is also getting in there, but breaking to rock and metal, even country or classical? I just don't see it happening, lol.

[color=darkviolet]I am blessed with the coordination of a drunk blind woman so to do anything more than walk and talk at the same time is beyond my brain's understanding. That said, I don't dance in public, let alone break dance.

However I do like to watch people try it since it's something I can't do and aren't we always amused and intrigued by things we can't do but other people can?[/color]

[quote name='NeoNabishen']I like to watch breakdancing. But Im white. One time I tryed to breakdance at a school dance, I can still hear them laughing. :confused:[/quote]
[color=green][size=1]

Yo, I'm very much so white, and I'm good at breakdancing. Hell, most of my black (or any other race for that matter) freinds don't have a dancing bone in their body. It just takes alotta practice and determination. I used to suck at it, but now, people say I'm one of the better pop-n-lockers in my school, and being white just gets me more attention with it. It just takes practice, but you should know your alright at it before you go doing it in public.[/color][/size]

[size=1]Break dancing is awesome. I like all the special techniques the person comes up with. The moves kind of show the personality. The movie out called "You Got Served" has alot of breakdancing in it and is one awesome movie. I just wish I could dance like them...[/size]

[quote name='Assassin][size=1']Break dancing is awesome. I like all the special techniques the person comes up with. The moves kind of show the personality. The movie out called "You Got Served" has alot of breakdancing in it and is one awesome movie. I just wish I could dance like them...[/size][/quote]
[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Heh, you can! If you pratice! I'm only 12 and I started to breakdance. I was inspired by lots of people. If you wanna learn to breakdance I suggest you start out with something called a Toprock. Heh. I would give you the steps, but I'm not to sure of how to explain. It's real easy you'll have it down just like that.

[URL=http://www.bboy.org/t47060/s.html]ClickyClicky[/URL]

You can learn some other stuff on there too. I would suggest you just look at other people's style and make up your own. Good idea is to break on carboard or any smooth hard surface.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...