OtakuBoards

FLCL [Fooly Cooly]

Xra

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=darkblue]
I loved the music in the back, (even though i dont kno Japanese!)
I haven't seen many animes yet, but this has GOT to be the craziest one ive seen....
As many said before, im really dissapointed the series has only 6 episodes :(
[/color]

In reference to the second episode (last night's):

Anyone hear the part where they were kind of dissing his/his brother's girlfriend, and they said, "She's in high school ... It's pathetic at her age"? Did they mean she was really young for h.s., or old? I didn't get it ...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]The correct title is Furi Kuri, dunno why they changed the pronunciation slightly, but whatever.
[/B][/QUOTE]

It is because the Japanese alphabet (actually a syllabary) does not have an "L". So all L's are written as R's. This means that generally anything translated back to english replaces R's with L's (if the writers decide to change it). It makes little sense to me some times. :P

I thought FLCL was hilarious, especially for an Adult Swim show. Yeah, Inuyasha was funny, but it's humor was nothing compared to Fooly Cooly. I didn't get to see Tuesday's episode though, thanks to my stupid brother, but the first was really good.
:eek: SIX EPISODES? That's it? Well, if I like it enough, I can go out and by it! *opens up wallet* Thank you birthday money!
I really loved the ending song. I recorded it onto a tape and listein to it alot. The only thing I hate about it is when they showed the real life thingies with the scooter/motor bike. Ah well, still good.
I have to say, the manga part was really funny. It got a little annoying when it just kept going and going, but still, it was good.

"Gundam! Anime!" -father guy

Watching that thing reminded me of Evangelion... especially with all those letters and images appearing on the screen seemingly at random. The artwork and I don't know why, but the eyes of the characters also reminded me of Evangelion. Then, at the end, I noticed "GAINAX" in the credits.... figures....

[COLOR=royalblue]FLCL....HHMMMM...what can I say about it!:idea:
well apart from the fact that I fell asleep on it two nights in a row should say much.. Thats I understand no more than the rest of you. Actually I know less. I mean I go to sleep and then 10 minutes later I see a robot sprot out of a kids head.

Then the second night I see the same thing. Then the kid gets beaten up, eaten and Sh%^ed out in one episode I mean dang, what else can happen to the poor guy. Needless to say I'll be looking at it again tonight!!![/COLOR]

[color=silver][font=times new roman][b]Oh wow yet another wonderful episode of FLCL watched tonight...

I swear this series has to be the most funny and visually stunning anime ever...

The thing tonight that I noticed I loved so much are the characters...each one is unique and insanely funny...

Oh and the MUSIC...mmmm... the music is wonderful esp the ending theme...And I LOVE the whole live action shot stuff at the end with the vespa...Esp when it starts hitting on the girl...HAHAHA theres just something funny as hell about a sentient vespa that keeps running over people :laugh:

Oh man I cant wait to see the next episode of this series... :devil:

Oh and on a slightly unrelated note...The adult swim little text things inbetween seem to be getting wittier and more histerical :D[/color][/font][/b]

Yeah, tonight's was pretty cool. The girl (the one who rigged the voting, I have no idea what any of their names are and I'm too lazy to look it up) was pretty hot. ... I'm a straight girl, I'm still entitled to opinion.

Anyway, I wanted to pet his ears so badly!!! They were so cute and fuzzy!! *fuzz fuzz*

Oh right ... actual comments on the show. What can I say? Even more than the two previous episodes, tonight's visuals hit me over the head (like an electric guitar?), and made me forget that the storyline didn't make much sense because it was just beautiful. And I agree Arkadyz, I love the ending music, it's really cool.

Hey, i don't know if you guys noticed, but i sure did cuz' i taped it and watched it 3 times already. Okay, when the tv robot fell onto there teachers car and a bunch of debre flew up, i saw a "Kenny" plush doll from South Park. It had like a spear going threw it and a ball and chain on the other end. I rewinded it and looked at it again. I saw it everytime. I was wondering if anyone else noticeed this. Also, in the second episode, when the girl crashed her VESPA into the MedicalMechanica factory. Then Takun or whatever his name is came along and handed her a Gundam action figure and the head turned into a lug nut. There alot of hidden stuff in this. Did any of you notice this?

I noticed that Gundam model thing too. I guess that the animators wanted to pay homage to some of their favorite animes.

As for the Kenny doll, I didn't see it. Man, I should've started taping the series.
:D

Yeah, I saw the Kenny doll. I noticed the first time, then paused it while watching again today.

Yesterday's episode was the funniest so far. The Vespa runs the teacher over in the hallway, the robot winds up being kicked by the girl hanging from the ceiling, and the best part was this quote: "Ukulele no good." I nearly died laughing when I heard that, just because of the situation and how it was said.

Remember to eat your curry. :p

Guest Tical
[quote] ukelalie no good[/quote]
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:
Aw man... that was priceless. Did you notice they made several mensions of doraemon. "cats have the amazing ability to lick any part of their body whether the be feline or animated like Doraemon or Tom and Jerry".and "Hey Takun, your ears remind me of Doraemon" "but Doraemon doesnt have ears". They also said something about "silver Pepsi"?????

Not silver, crystal. Crystal Pepsi. Its probably the kind still in the bottle. Man that stuff is good. That anime is great. But i kinda want to jump into the screen and stab Takun's freind with the glasses. Always repeating himslef. "Smooch, smooch. Smcoooch?" Gah, Shut up! Die.... okay calm down... BReath Daigo, breath...

But yes that ukelali scene was priceless as was the scene right after it when Miniori's panties come off while she is kicking the robot and he tries to fit them back on. That was pricless.

Guest Forbidden One
[color=blue]I would considered FLCL the Seinfeld of Anime. Simply put it's a show about absolutely nothing concrete yet it just works in so many ways. It's a guilty pleasure for anime fans.

I do have one question though? Doesn't that girl ever run out of guitars?[/color]

I thought it was awsome!!! It was different, and confusing, but that's just what sucked me in to watching it all the rest of this week. I was very sad to hear it's only 6 episodes. Something that brilliant makes me want it to last forever. I love the girls in it and how they keep hitting on this grade school kid. He is kind of cute though. Seems like all the characters have something that makes you just love them, cept his dad. He's a freak! I like the little black kitten that appears in episode 2 also.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Forbidden One [/i]
[B][color=blue]I would considered FLCL the Seinfeld of Anime. Simply put it's a show about absolutely nothing concrete yet it just works in so many ways. It's a guilty pleasure for anime fans.

I do have one question though? Doesn't that girl ever run out of guitars?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

She doesn't brake the guitar when she uses it. But she does start it up like a cahin saw some how.

But on another note, the episode "Full Swing", that was crazy, threw 1/2 of the episode it SOUNDED like Hatuko and Takun's Dad were having sex. And when Hatuko pulls the guitar from Takuns head, why do those girls at the control tower get nose bleeds. I know they must have saw something. Does Takun have a big "member" or something? I didn't understand it.

I'm trying to suppress my hatred for FLCL...but I just cant hold it back any longer...I can stand that anime! No plot, sometimes hard to follow, annoying! Adult Swim said Excel Saga was annyoying...I dont think Excel Saga is annoying....Not as much as FLCL...Whoo...Had to let that go..Anyways. I'm not trying to enrage those of you who like it, but since it is a FLCL thread then...You know. Its all my personal opinion, of course.
I'm done, throw things if you want.

Hm ... I disagree, I think FLCL definitely has a plot. ... I'm not sure what it is yet and should probably wait until I've seen the whole thing, but I've seen hints at a real plot throughout. I thought last night's episode (the 4th one, "Full Swing" I guess as DBD says) was the most revealing storyline-wise, and gave me a clue as to what had been going on the last three episodes ... Have you seen that one, SilpheedPilot? But whatever, you're entitled to your own opinion.

Anyway, it was my impression that in anime, nosebleeds are just a way for a character to say "Damn!" or some other, possibly more graphic, exclamation. So, I just thought they were like, "Wow, that kid's got a guitar coming out of his head!" That's just my take though, it could be completely wrong.

NO! In anime when a person has a nose bleed, its becasue they saw something...Erotic. Beleive me, i know becasue i read it on more than 1 site. And why was the girl blushing and had her pinky in her mouth. she saw something that she liked. and PS- when i said that it was his dad doing it with Hatuko, it was [spoiler]really a robot manican.[/spoiler] i guess you didn't see the episode. Thats why he has the wire in his butt and she said electric massage.

I saw the episode where they knocked the "thing" away with Guitars. Still didn't reveal any plot, not to me anyways. Of course, I missed the first 2 episodes and picked up on the 3rd. Still really doesn't appeal to me. Then again, I guess I just dont like every single Anime that I see...Much like people and movies.

I keep going on amazon.com to find the dvd's of flcl, and they have it! The only problem is that there are three dvd's, each one with two of the six episodes on it. I really just want one one "ultimate collection" or whatever you call it when a dvd package has all the episodes on it. If any one finds one like that, be sure to PM me.