OtakuBoards

FLCL [Fooly Cooly]

Xra

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you just watched FLCL then you probably agree that THAT WAS THE BEST ONE!!! It filled in a lot. What are your opinions?

Holy crap?

Thats it, I just watched the last episode?

I cant believe it.

Man, I actually got to see the ep tonight only because I had the night off work, and this is what I get - word that its over... wtf?!

I gotta say, the show is really cool in terms of charactor design I just love the relationship between the boy and his older girl friend.

This only leaves one question in my mind...

How is cn gonna deal with only having a few episodes to air... I mean, they cleared a spot on adult swim just to show this, and now its over?

btw, did you guys see cb is back on... how great is that?

Im actually glad. (even with seeing all one million times!)

If your looking for my opinion...

The final episode made me sad.

Anything with love and women just breaks me down like some kind of little girl.

I guess Im a big wussy inside, but my life has had way too many experiences in the love life area to not be an emotional "little girl."

(no offense or insults were meant to be directed at any of the younger women here at the otaku.)

btw, will inu yasha be coming back now that flcl is over?

That episode kicked serious ***. The best part was that gigantic verions of Atamisk (I have no clue how to spell it), with the wings that stretched from one end of the city to the other.

The failed manga scene was amusing too, especially since the characters knew about it too. :D

The ending did not make me said, but it gave me the lump in the throat that every person with Irish blood gets. :sweat:

FLCL is and isn't a fanfiction freindly anime. It didn't have a closed ending, but you have a hard time seeing how Haruko [spoiler]loved Atamisk since he was pretty much a giant bird.[/spoiler] and that Atamisk has [spoiler] two different components basically. Naota and Kanti.[/spoiler] so if a fanfic writer can figure that out then they could write a full scale sequel. I know i would. I'm trying to desifer it all now.

It is also possible that Atamisk could have been energy-based (or half energy-based), instead of having an actual physical form. That would explain why he could [spoiler]fuse with Naota and Kanti, and also why Haruko wanted his power (it would also explain the strange glowing lines on his body). The guy with the eyebrows also said that Atamisk had enought N.O. (or M.O.) to absorb entire galaxies.[/spoiler]

Well, Amaoroa the Eyebrow guy also said that he was a cosmic being so he probably isn't an organic based life form. And i'm pretty sure that Haru wasn't "in-love" with Atamisk, but loved his power and wanted it. Oh, and PS- i got a Fooly Cooly RPG at the Recuitment area if your interestied. :D

Hehe...As strange as it was, both my sister and I enjoyed this show. Right after viewing the last episode I was a bit confused about the whole Atamisk thing. But now, I think I'm more clear about it after having read the comment above.

My question is: what's up with the irons, ironing out the wrinkles? Are there other irons at other places?;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Monkey_Orange [/i]
[B]My question is: what's up with the irons, ironing out the wrinkles? Are there other irons at other places?;) [/B][/QUOTE]

I think it has to do with the "wrinkles" in the human brain. I do not remember much biology, but I believe that the wrinkles in the brain are needed for any form of thinking, or other brain functions.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Monkey_Orange [/i]
[B]My question is: what's up with the irons, ironing out the wrinkles? Are there other irons at other places?;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Well from what I learned from the last episode, I think those iron things were[spoiler] devices planted through out the universe by Medical Machanica. I believe MM planned to use these irons to whipe out all free thought in the universe, so that they could take control.[/spoiler]

At least thats what I think they are. The entire premise of the series is very cryptic.:D

I think Furi Kuri, or FLCL, is awesome! It doesn't really have a plot, it's pure insanity, and it has excellant artwork. It's easy to fall in love with such an insane anime ^_^

The only problem I had with it is that it's just so short. I really wish it was longer so I could enjoy it more. Ah well, I guess I'll just rewatch the series five hundred times ^^

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by koga [/i]
[B]I look at it. I hate it. end of story [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I would have deleted that, but since it was your first post, I'll just tell you right here and now.

You can't post stuff like that. It is considered spam. If you reply to a topic, make sure your post actually has to do with the topic and has thought put into it. That which you posted above simply will not do. I hope you observe the rules and enjoy your stay at the OB.[/color][/size]

All of you who are saying its only problem was that it were short, fail to see that it has absolutly no filler episodes and it all contributes to the main, plot, if you could it that. And plus it was probably extremely expensive to make with all the great art work and what not.

I think its just the brand of her cigarette. I have it in my Sig. But i think it just means that smoking isn't good for you or something. Likr you don't know best becasue your smoking. I think thats it. It probably just has to do with Mamimi. But, yeah.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Double_B_Daigo [/i]
[B]All of you who are saying its only problem was that it were short, fail to see that it has absolutly no filler episodes and it all contributes to the main, plot, if you could it that. And plus it was probably extremely expensive to make with all the great art work and what not. [/B][/QUOTE]

>< Gah...I forgot about how expensive it was to make Furi Kuri. That is quite true. I don't have a problem with it being short, I just wish I could have enjoyed more episodes of the show ^^ I wouldn't like it less if it only had three episodes. I'd just wish that they'd have made more. It was brilliant just the way it was though ^_^

Alright, I come to you...with a thought most important.

[B]What is Fooly Cooly?[/B]

I mean, I know it's a show, an Anime show. And slightly strange.

What's the plot? I am so out of it. And when the things burst from people's foreheads, I'm knocked back off my heels.

Please, tell me what's going on?

I know I shoulda been payin' attention or something. Or I just gotta wait to catch the first to the last but...a little help?