OtakuBoards

FLCL [Fooly Cooly]

Xra

Furi Kuri Furi Kura Furi Kuri Furi Fura so awsome Ta-Kun is the best, Mamimi has some isshues with Naota older brother Tasuku and Hurko is......welll shes Haruko the same insane girl that ran over Naota with her Vespa I love both the manga & anime i wish I had Canti over my house he's awsome also for thos who dont kno there a movie coomin in febuary 2006 hellz yeah

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

XxZeroxX, what's your source on the movie info? I've heard nothing on a movie for FLCL, the only new FLCL is the remastered box set with the HD transfer and 2.8 Mhz audio.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest inuyasha2
I love FLCL and personly i think that they should make more episodes of FLCL but other then that it's funny *crying while laughing* its cool :rotflmao:

Where I live FLCL was on CN like two-and-a-half years ago. In my opinion it has one of the best soundtracks ever, by "the pillows". I think they still sell it at Suncoast, but i'm not entirely shure. I saw the manga at a bookstore, but I was low on cash so I didnt buy any. Read a few pages though, and it looked just as good, if not better, then the show. Same sense of humor, too, which is nice.

In regards to the story: [URL=http://www.answers.com/Fooly%20Cooly][U]Answers.com[/U][/URL]. It's chock full of spoilers, and has a lot of useful info on the characters and the story, so it should clear up any questions you might have.

• 1 month later...
Guest Doomberg
just apost talking about my favorit anime FLCL so feel free and yes all opinions are aloud
also I have a question what are those things for eyebrows on that guys head I think there seaweed but im not shere.also dont you think there should be a second sesson:I do. :D

[FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Say, Doomberg, not only a second season, but how about a movie which takes place when Naota is about 5 years older, and after season 2?

(Soundtrack exclusively by [I]The Pillows[/I])[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Guest Doomberg
[QUOTE=Derald][FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Say, Doomberg, not only a second season, but how about a movie which takes place when Naota is about 5 years older, and after season 2?

(Soundtrack exclusively by [I]The Pillows[/I])[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

that is awsome thanks for the info derald.ohh and I was just woundering derald do you know what the second seson is about? :D

• 2 months later...
Guest IAmMyChem
Can any of you people make sense of FLCL?
What exactly is haruko's deal? I know shes an alien, but why does Noata's head 'work' and nobody elses?I DON'T GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Guest AnimeRules15421
Yes. I come to serve.WARNING: contains spoilers!
Haruko (real name Haruha Raharu); Female, claims to be 19 years old
Crazy wouldn't be a strong enough word to describe her. She drives a yellow vespa with a P! on it, carries around a Rickenbacker bass guitar, and to top it all off, hits people over the head with it. [spoiler]She's really an alien who's on a mission to retrieve a being called "Atomsk". She hits our main character, Naota, with her vespa one day and then hits him over the head with her guitar. She starts complaining that "it's not coming out" and shaking him upside down. She later appears in his house when she hits Naota's father with her bike and ends up becoming the house keeper. She's very good at baseball and often performs dangerous stunts with her vespa.
The P! on her vespa stand's for The Pillows the band that dose the music for FlCl.
Haruko is after Atomsk, king of pirates. He was captured by Medical Mechanica, an evil plant that flattens out planets (this is a metophor for making you unable to think). In order to do this, she must activate the plant by getting together the terminal core. She has to find someone with "N.O.", a feature used to move things from light years away. She finds Naota and is able to pull things out of his head to move the terminal core. Basically, Haruko is using Naota to get Atomsk.[/spoiler] (it's complicated, so if you don't get it, don't worry) Enymore question's feel free to ask.

[INDENT][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]AnimeRules15421, I added spoiler tags to your post. In the future, a "spoiler warning" is not enough. Spoiler tags are important to hide [b]every[/b] spoiler. Click [url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=46199][b]here[/b][/url] to learn how to use them. -Arvi[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]

IAmMyChem and AnimeRules14521

I merged your thread with the official FLCL thread. In the future please make sure to check the Official Threads Directory (it's a sticky in the Anime Lounge) before posting a general thread about Anime.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other moderators. Thanks.

-Arvi

• 1 month later...
[COLOR=Blue]it almost seems like you're not supposed to fully understand FLCL all the way in some universal, black-and-white terms. i don't think there are any [I]concrete[/I] and definite impressions or ideas that you are intended to recieve from it, there is a lot of symbolism and hidden meanings but like anything you can get out of it what you want, only in a more abstract sort of way. ummm yea, i'm just in love w/ FLCL . . .

ooo, and from what i found out there is no FLCL movie coming out, it was just a miscommunication. here's a good reference site to find out more: [URL=http://www.agefive.com/FLCL/html/f_a_q_.html]Agefive.com[/URL]. if all you want is the info on the movie rumor, scroll to the bottom- but that site is for ppl who've seen all 6 episodes so there are spoilers. there are some interesting interpretations on this site.

i bought the manga for my friend but it doesn't seem to touch the anime in any shape or form in my opinion. the artwork is unique but it doesn't really appeal to me, and how can you have FLCL without THE PILLOWS? through that anime they've become one of my favorite groups and i now have their cd's. it would be pretty sweet though if they came out with more episodes or even a movie to extend the series- i dunno what it could be about but it would have to be as awesome as the original which would be really hard to top.

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by [B]algazaleen![/B]

Spoilers. Highlight them.
Anyway, there is also some stuff from evangelion, but it doesn't play a very large role.[/QUOTE]

huh? so there are references to Evangelion in FLCL?[/COLOR]

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Metal Dragon
Trust me, that's all there is too it. I saw all 6 episodes they showed in Adult Swim and that's pretty much all there is.I would tell you how it finishes, but I don't want to spoil it 4 anyone, (Ha! avoided getting a spoiler tag on this) if you want to know or just want to talk about it (this goes 4 everyone) just PM me. My friend says there's more episodes, but I haven't found them...yet.

I loved FLCL!! It was confusing and most of the things were sorta left unexplained but you've got to figure it out yoursef.

A part of me wished they'd make sequel but it probably will ruin the original so it's better to stay this way.
I want to download FLCL episodes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I Want to buy DVD series but left with empty wallets :crying:

FLCL Man that was a truly awesome cartoon the would have made and even better series. rather then miny series that was a cartoon with a lot of untapped potential i mean nothing in it had to make sense and their could be plot holes the size of the grand canyon in it but it was only 6 episodes :animeangr i wonder how good that show would have been if it was a long as say DBZ or Gundam Wing :D

[color=darkgreen][size=1]

Considering [B]FLCL's[/B] production values, not a very good one. The show has plenty of closure, you should need to look deeper than just the crazy people fighting giant hands and what not. The show is about Naota's maturing from a child into a young man. He basically goes through puberty in the show's six episodes. He just learns to be himself and take chances rather than being the closed in person he was at the show's beginning.

The show goes as so:[spoiler] Haruko appears, teaches Naota that it's okay to be himself, they fights Medical Mechanica, they meet Atimisk, Haruko tries to 'eat' him for his power, Atimisk fuses with Naota, they fight, Atimisk escapes, Haruko follows him, Mamimi leaves town to become a photographer, Naota lives 'happily ever after' after he 'finds himself'.[/spoiler]. Thats it in a nut shell, or atleast, what the closure was.[/color][/size]