OtakuBoards

Shrek 2

ChibiHorsewoman

[color=darkviolet] I'm really looking forward to the sequel to Shrek comming out on the 21 of May.

The first one was really funny. I enjoyed the voice talents and the story. I even went out and bought the video the day it was released and I've never done that before.

So, is anyone else planning on seeing this movie?[/color]

I'll see it eventually. The first one had its moments, but I'm not sure about this one yet. At the very least, it's production time guarantees that the jokes won't be a few years outdated by the time it hits the theaters, unlike the last one.

I think some of the stuff in the previews looks funny, and some other stuff looks cliche and stupid. I'd like to see it, just 'cause everyone else in the world will. 'Puss in boots' looks great. But I don't think they can top the storyline of the first film.

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=2]I do not think that they will be able to top the storyline of the first movie either. I am still going to go out to the movie theatre and watch it whenever it comes out, but I doubt it will be as good as the first one. It may have its moments, but the original Shrek was just too funny.[/size][/font]

[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=2]-ry[/size][/font]

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]Shrek 2 is on my list of movies to see this summer, along with Spider-Man 2, The Village, and that new movie by the Dude, Where's My Car? guys. The original Shrek was an unexpected surprise for me when it came out, and I think the new one will be decent, at least. All the previews I've seen look good, and I have confidence in the talent involved. Good times, I hope.[/color][/size][/font]

Like DeathBug's experience with Shrek 1, it was a very pleasant surprise for me. It was extremely well-conceived, and after watching Shrek 1 again yesterday, I enjoy it even more. It's really an animated feature for adults. Some of the jokes in there are just risque, some of the humor is just bizarre, and quite honestly, it's a gem of a movie.

I'm looking forward to Shrek 2. I'll probably go see it with my girlfriend. I was checking out previews for it, and apparently [spoiler]some dragon/donkey love happened.[/spoiler] That'll be interesting to see--the results of that union, I mean.

Shrek was witty, well written, and sharp. It was a real treat to watch. Shrek 2 looks equally as good.

The premise of this movie isn't falling to far from the tree of the first, it's again going to be a movie based around acceptance, [spoiler] Shrek now has to win over the support of the "in-laws". It all makes for some very hilarious scenarios, most noteably, the Prince Charming dilemma.[/spoiler] :p

Antonio banderas as Puss In Boots, [spoiler]the hitman[/spoiler] was a very nice addition.

The first one I didn't see at the theater but I think I might go see this one. I thought the first story was quite funny. The first one definately had it's moments. What I enjoyed about the first was the amount of jokes meant for adults. They were done in a way that the little ones wouldn't catch on but would make the adults chuckle.

I never go into a movie with really high expectations so hopefully this is one film I will leave from being pleasantly suprised. :)

• 2 weeks later...
[b][i][font=Book Antiqua][color=indigo]Heh now Steph can leave me alone about not posting...[/color][/font][/i][/b]

[b][i][font=Book Antiqua][color=#4b0082] Anyways I'm going to see Shrek 2 today at 1 I think. With my posse, yeash I have a posse. Anyhoo it looks like it will be as good as the first if not better. I've heard somewhere that Julia Andrews is going to sing. Wow. And remeber even if the story sucks horribly one can always remain entertained by marveling at the anmation. That and messing with your friends.;) [/color][/font][/i][/b]

Shrek 2 is quite, quite good times. I saw it last night and I can't stop smiling today. Shrek 1 pales in comparison, I think. Where the first just gave us a bare-bones story, Shrek 2 develops it to a remarkable depth. What I found most pleasing about Shrek 2 was how it was a totally logical story progression. In the original, Shrek and Fiona get married. Farquad is dead, Prince Charming is nowhere to be found. What's next?

Meet the parents. When the parents are John Cleese and Julie Andrews, you've your work cut out for you, especially when they're expecting a human son-in-law. There are double-crosses, triple-crosses, cross-dressers (Larry King). I'm still amazed at how much they packed into this movie.

I don't say this often about animated films, but to catch everything, every little references, nuance, parody, etc, you need to watch this movie a few times. It's that thick.

[quote name='Anime_fangurl*247']Shrek 2 is quite, quite good times. I saw it last night and I can't stop smiling today. Shrek 1 pales in comparison, I think...I don't say this often about animated films, but to catch everything, every little references, nuance, parody, etc, you need to watch this movie a few times. It's that thick.[/quote]

Definitely agreed.

I got back from Shrek 2 about half-an-hour ago. I went into the theaters with...middle of the road expectations, let's say, mostly because I know how iffy sequels can be. Sometimes you'll have great sequels and other times you'll have horrible sequels. Of course, when I saw the movie, I was just blown away by how funny it is.

Shrek 2's humor, much moreso than the first movie, I think, is like the Nickelodeon cartoons of old (such as Rocko's Modern Life); it has crazy antics to appeal to younger kids, but it also has subtle humor and references to appeal to adults, as well. The scope of Shrek 2's humor is pretty remarkable. Especially remarkable since I can finally cite a movie in which I can stand Antonio Banderas :p

Overall, I'd have to say that my favorite part of the movie was [spoiler]KNIGHTS, the parody of COPS. That whole sequence was pure brilliance lol. I especially loved the grinding of the pepper in their eyes (to simulate pepper spray) and the part where Puss In Boots is thrown up against the wall ("Catnip!" "...ees not mine."). Just hilarious.[/spoiler]

Great movie, heh. Certainly makes up for seeing Van Helsing a while ago.

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]I saw Shrek 2 this morning. There's nothing I can really say that hasn;'t already been said; it's the funniest thing I've seen in forever. Watch it. Then, go and watch it again. Puss In Boots is my hero.[/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE=Shinmaru]Definitely agreed.
Overall, I'd have to say that my favorite part of the movie was [spoiler]KNIGHTS, the parody of COPS. That whole sequence was pure brilliance lol. I especially loved the grinding of the pepper in their eyes (to simulate pepper spray) and the part where Puss In Boots is thrown up against the wall ("Catnip!" "...ees not mine."). Just hilarious.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Yes! Me and the girl I saw it with loved that whole sequence, too. The [spoiler]pepper[/spoiler] was one of the more intelligent and hilarious gags in the film. An example of something that would go over a kids head that [I]wasn't[/I] a sexual innuendo LOL. Speaking of innuendo, I found the bit with Pinochio gut-wrenchingly funny. Call me immature, but that was so funny!!! I loved the [spoiler]giant[/spoiler] gingerbread man, too. [spoiler]'Go, Mongo! Follow the shiny horsie... Be Goooood.' [/spoiler] And all the witty pop culture parodies, too numerous to count. The only thing bad about this film was their choice of music. I liked the tunes in the first film better. Of course, how can you top a movie with 'All-Star', 'I'm a Believer' and 'The Butt Song' all played during scenes perfectly suited for them?

Oh, and I'll be saying, [spoiler]Pray for mercy from PUSS... in BOOTS![/spoiler] to random people in my Antonio Bandares voice for months to come. :p

Great, great movie.