OtakuBoards

Some help, please? Technicologically challenged...

BabyGirl

[color=deeppink]Ok, I've been wondering this for a while, but now that I have all of the new software installed on my computer, I need some help on putting pictures on websites, etc. I don't know how to obtain a url address for them in the first place...and so I would love to know :D If anyone is willing to help me (and is patient) I would very much appreciate it![/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ashy Ketchup [/i]
[B]It's a kinda magic . . .

[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]You're a Queen fan! Er, either that or you have just heard that said before and I'm terribly mistaken...

But back on topic! I really need some help :rolleyes:[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]You're a Queen fan! Er, either that or you have just heard that said before and I'm terribly mistaken...

But back on topic! I really need some help :rolleyes:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]BabyGirl, it depends exactly which host you are uploading your pictures to.

I mean, Geocities would be different to Tripod for example.

But for the most part, you just sign up...and you'll find a "file manager" button somewhere...and you can click to upload pics. The service then usually tells you what the address of the picture is.

But as I said, it is often different with different services. I hope that my slightly incoherant rambling wasn't too hard to understand lol[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=indigo]BabyGirl, it depends exactly which host you are uploading your pictures to.

I mean, Geocities would be different to Tripod for example.

But for the most part, you just sign up...and you'll find a "file manager" button somewhere...and you can click to upload pics. The service then usually tells you what the address of the picture is.

But as I said, it is often different with different services. I hope that my slightly incoherant rambling wasn't too hard to understand lol[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

he explained it fairly well...
With me it is like this.
my url is [url]http://scorpius.spaceports.com/~metrocat.[/url]
so i use the upload feature on my server.
say i upload [url]http://scorpius.spaceports.com/~metrocat/index.html[/url]
now you can go there so say you want a picture on that site...
i would then upload my picture which we will call BLAH.
now that has its own personnal space that can be found at [url]http://scorpius.spaceports.com/~metrocat/blah.jpg[/url]
so to get that link ifrom the original site in the body of my html document i would place this.

i could also want that in the middle of the page so i wold do this

there are all kind of options and things you could do but that is the very basic.pm me if you want to know how to turn that into a clickable link or even just make text a clickable link.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B]You know some is technologically challenged when they cant even spell [I]technologically[/I], lol :D But I think a better choice of words would be 'computer illiterate'.. but it looks like they already explained it to ya so my work here is done! [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]And you know what? I knew that looked [email protected]'s happening to my superb spelling skills? :o Must go study the dictionary or something...[/color]:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJGoten [/i]
[B]ouch. At my school if he do sumthing wrong a couple of times, we have to write one page from the dictionary(frotn and back) in a class period. [/B][/QUOTE]

My old fifth grade teacher did that...he was the terror of the entire school....

[SIZE=1]Ha! I've had pretty cool teachers all throughout my school life! Especially my 7th and 8th grade science teacher, what a nutcase! :D Although, my freshman religion teacher was a b*tch, but I got away from her by transferrin schools! Ha! Showed her...[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Ha! I've had pretty cool teachers all throughout my school life! Especially my 7th and 8th grade science teacher, what a nutcase! :D Although, my freshman religion teacher was a b*tch, but I got away from her by transferrin schools! Ha! Showed her...[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

My eighth grade teacher was awesome.