OtakuBoards

Tattoos, piercings, body mods

[QUOTE=terra]There are a few places I think a tattoo would be all right (though I still don't think I'll ever get one), and the foot is one of them. But you should keep in mind how very painful a foot tattoo is to get ... because the skin there is so thin and all. The good thing about there is that it probably won't expand/contract very much, since your feet don't really change size.

I like the idea of having hidden surprises ... er, yeah. That's why I think a foot tattoo or lower back tattoo would be the best places to get one, too ... I don't usually like things that are obvious just from looking at someone.[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]True your foot doesn't expand all that much on a normal basis, but a friend of mine has a small heart tattooed onto her foot and when I first met her she was pregnant-very pregnant (9 months pregnant and she had her daughter a few days after I met her.) The doctor had made her take extra magnesium so her feet were swollen along with her ankles. That tattoo was rather stretched out, but after she had the baby her feet did finally go back to normal. She even has ankles now. :laugh:

I have to agree that a tattoo that can be easily hidden is probably the best way to go unless you're so proud of it (either because you designed it yourself or it's in honor of someone like your children or a family member) that you really want to show it off and in that case I would put it somewhere like on my forearm or somewhere else where people could see it. Leaving a little to the immagination is always a good thing.

I'm not much of an extremist when it comes to piercings or tattoos. So far the only one I have is about the size of a 1/2 dollar and can be hidden by most of my bra stap during the summer. I used to have three holes in my ears, but the third ones have closed up again and I don't always use the second holes. I also had the cartiledge pierced in my left ear, but that may have closed up since I haven't worn anything in there for a year. I know for a fact my hole for my eyebrow ring closed up because I went to put in my contacts yesturday and all I saw was scar tissue over my right eye. But like I keep saying, I'm going to get it redone later. Maybe I'll do the cartiledge as well.

Tattoos and piercings are pretty nice in my opinion and in some cultures they're symbols of their upbringing. However, if that's not the case with you I'll just say everything in moderation.

I wish my brother would pay attention to that phrase, his goal is to have 20 tattoos by the time he's 21. He's up to three already so he only has about 17 to go and less than two years to reach his goal because he's already 19 and he'll be 20 in November.[/color]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ILoveRyoko
I am anti everything.

Tatoos, piercings, body mods, are all played out.

You used to be different with a tat, or an extra hole in your body, now it means you are a conformist. You do what MTV says is cool.

Tatoos went out of style in the 80's, piercings are 90's.

If you want to be different, stay normal!

One other point I'll make here, you won't see many models with that.

ILoveRyoko
I am in love with a cartoon and a voice

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]With the topics up concerning what attracts you to the opposite (or same) sex I figured I'd have to ask this question about people's opinions on this subject. Also, if anyone has considered getting a tattoo or a piercing other than the normal place. Or even considered putting teflon slots under your skin.

As for me well, I'm inked already as well as pierced. I have a small tattoo on my left shoulderblade which is the japanese character for equestrian. I had my eyebrow pierced, but then I had to take the bar out then I lost it so I can't get it re done until after I have Abby in September. I'm also thinking of getting a Marilyn (not too seriously tho) which is a piercing above your upper lip. People who know me may think that's a strange consideration since I think nose rings-especially those bull rings are so stupid looking.

I like tattoos on people as long as they're not tacky, or there are too many. I like creative ones or ones for people's children.

My mother-in-law is a prime example of too many and too tacky. She has 15 of them and 14 of them are on her arms. The 15 is on her lower abdomen (c'mon she's 52 almost 53 who wants to see that?) it's this big Harley Davidson symbol and it's lopsided. The only decent one she has is the two hearts with her sons' names in them.

My husband has six, he said he'll get his seventh when he comes home in September. He's trying to make some kind of design around our daughter's name. Lincoln also has a tongue ring and is thinking of getting his nipples re-pierced (a friend of his did them in Korea, but he had to take them out for PT)

As for body mods like teflon implants don't get me started. Why would you want your skin to be all bumpy and wierd looking? I knew this one guy who had them in his neck ug that was just so wrong. THen those people who get their tongues split so they can be the next lizard man...okay who forgot to give them medication?

well, there's my opinion. Next please?[/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Magenta][I]weeellllll...... I have my ears pierced normally, but I really want those upper peircings , u know at the top of the ear.newho.I've always wanted to get my eyebrow pierced...I know I'm gonna have to wait a while before i can do that, but I'm curious,do guys even find that attractive?Or do they thinks its gross? *curious* O.o?

newho, when i turn 18(dad's laws lol :rolleyes: ) I'm gonna get a dolphin tattoo on my lower back.

but, when I turn 16 I'm probably gonna get my belly button pierced or something like that.so yeah..ok im done... :babble: :p[/SIZE][/COLOR][/I]

I have my left ear pierced, bottom and top... amazing how many people thing that they hurt... a pinch, tops. And Inuyashalvr, I find it all depends on who has the eyebrow piercing, it just looks right on some people, off on others. Tattoo-wise, when I get 18 (same rule as above me ---^) I'm going to get a tattoo, probobly some sort of tribal falcon. Anyways, my take on things ^_^

[quote name='Pawn114']I have my left ear pierced, bottom and top... amazing how many people thing that they hurt... a pinch, tops. And Inuyashalvr, I find it all depends on who has the eyebrow piercing, it just looks right on some people, off on others.[/quote]

I've always heard that getting the top of ur ear pierced hurts like crap! that's the main reason I haven't gotten one yet. :twitch:

true, see i know a woman at my work that has her eyebrow pierced and it looks gret on her, but then one of her friends did it and it looks horrible. so yeah...im done... :babble: :p

yeah, it really didnt hurt... at all, I've gotten more painful haircuts (im not joking... they took a razor to my hair and sawed! jeesh! nice telling me mrs. haircut person!). Most piercings dont hurt half as much as people say, eyebrow piercings dont... my friends brother got it done, and it got caught on his pillow whilst sleeping and ripped out, he didnt even wake up :laugh: . Tongue piercings... now that sounds painful, if only for the fact that you cant eat any spicy foods... or you'd like die from pain :laugh:

ouuch! I bet that haircut was painful :twitch: lol. thnx fer tellin me pawn!!!I needed to figure out cause I may get my upper ear pierced for my bday. well...my older bro has his tongue pierced, and he said that it really didn't hurt except for eating the first couple of days.but i dunno. wait.. do guyz find tongue peircing attractive? fer some reason i've been wanting to get mine pierced..but my dad would literally try to kil me...so yeah.....im done

My parents are pricks so they won't let me do anything until I'm 18 and out of the house. I'm saving money so when I'm 18 I can get my lip pierced, get a mohawk, and get a ton of tattoos. I'm gonna totally punk out. I really don't care if I have a bunch of wrinkly tattoos all over my body when I'm 60, ya only live once so you might as well enjoy it......

[SIZE=1][color=deeppink]Surprise, surprise, I'm all natural. I've had my ears pierced three times, and each time they closed up (once the skin actually grew onto the earrings...man taking those things out was a *****.) So right now there is absolutely nothing not-natural on my body except red hair dye. I'm planning on getting a couple ear piercings when I get back from vacation, and [i]maybe[/i] an eyebrow piercing once I turn 18, as a little graduation present for myself.

No tatoos though. I don't like the idea of something that can't be removed.

-Karma[/color] [/SIZE]

As soon as i can im getting a tatoo on my lower back..my cousin has one and its soo cool!!! I'm obvousely not gonna copy her but something along the lines of that would be nice

as for piercings.....i already have to four piercings in my ears ( two for each one) and i''d like to get one for my eyebrow or my belly button...perferably both though cus they'd look really cool

I have one piercing on my left ear. It's pretty standard. I got it when I was 4. My mom took my older brother to get his ear pierced, and asked if I wanted to get mine done while we were there. I kid you not. My mother asked [i]me[/i]. So really, I've had this one piercing for as long as I can remember.

I'm not getting anything else, though. I like having to buy only one earring when I go jewelry shopping. That way, if I do buy a pair, I'll always have a spare lying around.

Plus I only really wear my earring on special occasions. Holidays, parties, ect. I don't wear it to work, because my manager has enough earrings in his ears for the whole staff. :)