OtakuBoards

School Sports

Guest Heezay

Guest Heezay
Who here participates in school sports?

If you do, please tell about your awards, teammates, the postion you play, tips, what your coach is like,etc.

One of my favorite school sports is wrestling, a very difficult sport since it requires a lot of conditioning(running, jogging) strength (pushups, pullups, situps, leg lifts, crunches, weight lifting) skill (drills, moves) and patience. Fitness doesn't appear right away. However wrestling is a really rewarding sport, and really enjoyable as well. It feels satisfying to be learning self-defense.

What sports are you in?

This year I played tennis for my school. It was very fun, several of my friends were on the team.

I played doubles with several people. My teammates were okay, but we were kinda all beginners.

My coach was really nice, he'd help us with our swings. He was easier than the boys coach too. ^^

The only sucky thing is, in the whole season, only one person on our team won a set. :laugh:

[color=teal]School sports are fun. It beats playing table tennis with nobody on the other end; and believe me, I'd know...

I enjoyed sports back in my junior days, whether it be soccer, hockey, badminton, or even athletics (well, I actually hated athletics so :D). The only problem I really had with out door sports in school was what they made us wear, plus the fact that the weather in England is always cruddy.

Oh well, I guess I should be grateful that there weren't any bugs about to bite my toosh while I wasn't looking, heh.[/color]

[size=1][color=#2f4f4f]I was recently accepted into next years Comedy Sports team.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=#2f4f4f]It's basically a group of people that participate in events using improv and quickness of mind to make people laugh. It's great.[/color][/size]

[size=1]I play baseball. Its fun but I didnt like it a whole lot this year because Im only a freshman and I didnt get alot of playing time, because most of the kids on my team are sophomores or juniors, but I had a good time. Im out of school now but it was fun while it lasted.

I played short stop, left field and second. I got to play a little catcher as well and threw out 18 guys stealing... thats quite an accomplishment for me. But yea, baseball is my sport.[/size]

Wrestling is a sport I've always wanted to try... never got into it though.

Through Highschool I have played a number of different sports. I've lettered in Soccer my Freshman and Sophomore year and Football my Junior year. I've also lettered in hockey my four years of highschool. Then I've lettered in Golf my freshman year [didn't really count though... everyone lettered] and in Track and Field my Sophomore year.

My favorite sport has been hockey. I'm currently actually seeking a career in Canada this next year where I will be playing Juniors.

I think that sports are a very good way to keep people out of trouble and to incourage competition, especially in academics.

[font=Century Gothic][color=darkred]Right now I'm playing summer baseball baseball. I play left field. I like baseball but it is more skill that atheticism. You don't have to run that much or anything like that but its funny how hard hitting the ball can be. [/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=darkred] [/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=darkred]I also play football which is my favorite sport. I play wide reciever, cornerback, linebacker and I was our kicker/punter. We didnt have a good season lase year as freshmen we lost all our games but 2. We didnt have that many kids so most of the kids had multiple positions and played both ways. Alot of people say that football is too slow but I love the adrenaline rush.[/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=darkred] [/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=darkred]I also played basketball but I didnt play that much and I dont think Im gonna play again.[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2][color=darkred]Seeing how it is coming to the latter half of year twelve for me; my time having to do sport are nearly over. I'm lucky at my school that we have climbing as a sport, (Not on real rock of course but an indoor climbing wall).[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=2][color=darkred]Climbings one of those sports you have to do for a fairly long time before any increases in strength/ technique become noticable. They say it can take up to six years before a climber reaches his/ her optimal performance. Being bad at team sports pushed me more towards the sports of individual pursuit eg. mountain biking, climbing etc.[/color][/size][/font]

After finishing this school year, I've now been playing soccer for four years now. Every year (in high school) the team and I dye our hair black. Kind of a tradition. My coaches were tough and supportive, but not very convincing. :laugh:

Coach J.- "Listen up, gang! I want you wall to go out their and win, because...well, just because!"

Anyway, I'm now in summer soccer. I think my family and I are soccer-addicts, because my three kid-sibs also play soccer. And my mom comes to watch every game. :D [I play goalie]

Guest Midnight Rush
Sports....

Basketball- I am getting pretty good at this. My school's team is kinda short, so at 5'11" I switch between SG, SF, and PF. SG is my favorite, because my defense is more steals and pressure than blocks, plus I haven't played anyone fast enough to burn my D yet. Offensively, my outside shots are terrible, but my midrange jumpers and inside game are excellent. I love the rush that comes from blasting into the paint, going over the defender and putting it in.

I can throw it down (monster dunk) at 9'... which kinda sucks, but I'm short so w/e. At 9.5' I can do your basic one handed highschool dunk... but not consistently.

Dribbling is my thing, I cut and weave... Most defenders I can burn, but those I can't I use all the little tricks on.

Golf- I'm learning this sport at the moment, the coach is happy with my potential, so next year I have a spot on the team if I want it. I drive about 250 on a good day... 3 on a bad day. Still building consistency, I'm happy to say I have more good days than bad.

Basketball is my main sport as far as school goes, but I do alot outside of school haha.

[size=1][color=darkgreen]Ever sense I was in 1st grade I'v gone through about five or so different sports and always got bored with them for some reason (short attention span or something). I first started out playing soccer and swiming. I was never really good at soccer though and I wasn't very good with my feet, so I dropped that after a few years of playing, though I continued to do swiming. Then I did basketball for a while and really liked it. I'm pretty tall for most girls my age and was good on all girl teams, but playing with the boys was different sense I was usually the only girl in the whole league. Eventually I quit basketball. Tryed a year of Softball... boring as heck. I just recently stopped swiming because it was too time consuming and although I love swiming for fun, I don't like the competition.

Last year I tryed the High School Marching Band (Yes, I know most people don't consider that a sport, but we have to run, do push ups, and we work about 5 times harder than the stupid football team who makes fun of us when they are the suckiest team ever!) I think i'm going to stick with MB. Though I still like to watch Basketball and shoot around every now and then. [/size][/color]

Guest littlesparky5
my school is all about sports, basically i try everything i can, but i have noticed that i am extremely good in Football :D

i never did punt for my football team (coach never spent the time to see me in action) but on average, i can punt the ball from 30 to 50 yards. (farthest ever was 56 and average is 38)

I was a tackle for my team (offense) and i recieved the nickname "the brick wall" because no one could move me, and when you hit me, you fell strait down lol

[font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=1][color=sienna]Basketball is my sport. I started shooting just in my driveway a few years back and I am usually outside shooting for about 4 hours a day, sometimes more. I did not try out for our 8th grade basketball team (i'm going to 9th) for different reasons. Main one being that my school district is extremely strict about school sports. They are the district that is always winning in every sport. The coaches push the athletes so hard it gets me worried at times. The only thing is winning. That's pretty much one reason I didn't try out because the only thing I want to do is to go out and have fun, not be intense and just focus on winning as the only thing and that's it. I could care less if I lost, just as long as I had fun. Well I didn't try out, but the people who made the top team lived by me so I would play one on one with them and I haven't been beat. They have tried to convince me to try out for the freshman team, but I'm not so sure. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=1][color=#a0522d]-ry[/color][/size][/font]

Guest Mad Acer
I do Track & Field, our 4 x 800 made it to state and got 9th place. We were ranked 14th going in so I'd say that's an improvment.

I think we can medal next year.

[size=1][color=#999999]I am going to try out for Volleyball this year for the fall/winter sports, then for the spring/summer, I am going to try out for Softball, or perhaps tennis...whichever I get better at. At this moment, I am entirely looking forward to volleyball for the reason that I have been playing since I was about in the ..3rd Grade, I believe. I am also practicing with my church. We have a volleyball tournament coming up in August and we shall get 1st place this year![/size][/color]

• 1 month later...
[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=Indigo] :love: I love sports!!! :love:

My fav is Hockey, but i don't play since i can't skate. However i do play floor hockey. I've made the school's basketball for 1 year, soccer for 5 years, softball for 1 year and volleyball for 4 years, but i rather do sports for fun.

I also dance, i do Hip-Hop, that is if you consider it as a sport. :confused:

My fav sport to watch is Hockey, actually it's the only sport i can watch without falling asleep. :sleep:

~peace~[/COLOR][/FONT]