OtakuBoards

FF: Crystal Chronicles

Deedlit

[size=2][color=#009966][i][b]TIPA VILLAGE[/i][/b]

OOC: Everyone, say your good-byes and head towards the bridge. From there we will separate.

IC: Peter: "So you're really leaving."

[i]It wasn't a question, but Selpheii knew that her older brother was having a hard time grasping it. Peter had always wanted to join the caravan, but, being the oldest of five children, his parents needed his help around the house and shop. Now his little sister was leaving on his dream.[/i]

Selpheii: "Don't worry, Pete. I'll be back soon," she said as she packed her small pouch.

Peter: "Soon indeed," he replied sarcastically, crossing his arms and leaning against the doorway of her small room. "The caravan only comes back once a year to give the crystal more myrrh, and who knows---"

[i]Peter was nearly knocked down as their mother came hurring into the room, carrying a large bag of fruit in her arms. She dropped them in Selpheii's arms, almost bringing her to the ground under the large load.[/i]

Mother: "There's plenty of fruit in here for you and all your little friends, so that should be a really good start. Now here's some gil---don't spend it all too quickly; we're not made of money, you know. And here's a jacket, we don't want you to freeze to death out there. Now did you remember to pack---"

Selpheii: "I'll be fine, mom," she said between gasps as she heaved the large sack onto her bed. "I'll send you letters whenever I see the mailmoogle."

Mother: "And you better come home with the speed of the mailmoogle, too," she said softly. She grabbed Selpheii's packs easily and added, "Here, let me help you with these."

[i]The three of them walked out of the small house when Selpheii's father rode up on a small pony pulling a small cart. Selpheii's other siblings were riding in this cart: the twins Shawn and Joseph, both younger than Peter but older than Selpheii, and their little sister Renee, the youngest of the family. Their father gave the reins a small tug and stepped off the cart. He carried two wrapped bundles, one under each arm. He gave Selpheii the one in his right hand first. [/i]

Father: "These are your new traveling clothes." He smiled fondly. "Everyone pitched in to make them. Even little Renee."

[i]Then he gave her the other package. It was much heavier than the first one, and Selpheii had an idea what it was. She unwrapped it until she caught a glint of sunlight on metal. It was a sword and shield.[/i]

Father: "Well, you better get going. The caravan's not going to wait for you." Then he said quietly, "Take care of yourself, you hear?"

Selpheii:"I will....I promise."

Shawn: "Yeah, take care of yourself, Squirt," he said as he teasingly nudged Joseph in the ribs. "Because as soon as you get back, you'll be stitching your little fingers to the bone to make up for all the time you missed!"

Joseph: "Ha! Just make sure that some monster doesn't eat your fingers or arms before then!"

Mother: "And speaking of stitching," she turned to the twins, "there's a pile of cloth with your names on it. Get busy and out of trouble!"

[i]She followed the groaning and complaining twins into the house, pausing to wave good-bye in the doorway. Selpheii's father helped her pile her stuff in the cart, then they set off towards the village exit where the other caravaners would be waiting.[/i][/color][/size]

[size=1][b]OOC:[/b] It might be to your benefit to send a PM to everyone telling them this RPG started, and to view the last post in the sign-up thread so they know what caravan they are in.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/size]

[b]Port Tipa[/b]

[size=1]The late morning sun gleamed off the Lilty's helmet ... or, um, [i]bucket[/i], as he tipped it up with his right hand to get a better view of the long dirt path before him. He would be traveling down it soon, to go to the bridge and attempt to start or join a caravan. He did not know of many people from his village that were embarking on such a quest, but he has heard through mouth and mail that many from the village of Tipa were starting to head out to retreive the Myrhh of which their lands were becoming in need.

"How troublesome," he said slightly irritated, "is it time to go yet?" He slipped his bucket back down and impatiently waited. In attempt to distract himself, he practiced his offensive footwork, mimicking a weapon in hand.

"Getting a little anxious, are you?" a voice asked from behind as a shadow cast itself beside the bucket-headed Lilty. He turned around swiftly, again mimicking an attack. It was the boy's father, and one of his siblings was behind him as well. Both of them were carrying some kind of package with them. The father smiled with a brief chuckle as he pushed the sibling forward who removed her small pack and presented it to the bucket-head.

"Dwam," said the father, "Ika has something for you. Your other sisters also helped gather it." Dwam Ciam, the bucket-headed Lilty, stared with wondering eyes at the pack being presented to him by his oldest sister, Ika Ciam. He reached for it, and lifted the burden from his sister's hands. It was rather heavy for just one's normal luggage.

"Go ahead, look inside," said Ika with a delighted, but teasing eye. Dwam grabbed the flap of the pack and flipped it open. Instantly his nostrils were filled with the aroma of delectable [i]Meat[/i]. Dwam lustfully licked his lips as he closed the pack up once again. He also smelled traces of Gourd Potatoes and Round Corn.

"They are all packed in preseratives, so you do not have to worry about them spoiling any time soon," said his father. Dwam was very pleased as he threw the pack over his shoulder and proudly faced his father and sister.

"We figured Tipa is mostly full of Clavats, and maybe some Yukes," informed Ika. "We cannot be forcing you to live off of those darn fruit and veggie lovers." His sister again arrogantly smiled. "If you are lucky, maybe some Selkies will join your caravan and have meat as well, even though the prefer fish," Ika said with a cringe.

Dwam's father stepped forward placing a hand on Ika's shoulder and pulling her back a bit. It was his turn to present to the bucket-head.

"Dwam Ciam, your armored outfit says that you are ready for the battles that may lie ahead, but your empty hands speak otherwise," his father said, proudly smiling. "That is why your two brothers and I worked together to give you this ..."

The father held out a long object that was all wrapped up in cloth. He nodded to Dwam for him to take it, and he did. Again, it was noticably heavy, but nothing Dwam could not handle. Resting one end on the ground, Dwam used his free hand to begin removing the cloth which concealed his gift. He was anxious to see what it was, but he was careful none-the-less. At the moment the cloth fell to the ground, Dwam's jaw dropped open as he beheld his first weapon he could call his own.

"We figured you would be strong enough to use it by now," said his father, boldly folding his arms across his chest. He shook his head as he chuckled lightly. "I can still hardly believe it, our youngest is going out in a caravan. You better live up to your title as a Lilty, I trust that you will."

Dwam firmly gripped the Partisan given to him with both hands. He thought it was absolutely amazing. It was nearly flawless, custom designed for his use. He was indeed strong enough to weild it, but the mere physics of it made the Partisan very easy to use. Anyone with a body different from Dwam's, Lilty or another tribe, would have greater trouble. All his life while he had trained in the Port Tipa area with generic, lesser weapons their family created in their shop, he had always preferred the pikes. Regardless, he always had to give them back when he was done. This one, however, this Partisan was his [i]own[/i].

He flipped it behind him and slipped it into the sheath on his back, which was fit for any pole-arm weapon. He then stretched out his arms, neck, and legs in anticipation. It was almost time.

"Thank you, father," said Dwam. His father nodded in response as a mule-drawn cart pulled up beside them. The rest of his siblings hopped down to greet and goodbye their brother.

"Nice Partisan!," Tefut, the middle-child of the brothers, teasingly said.

"Yeah, it looks good on you!," responded Hmomy, the oldest brother.

Dwam flashed them both a thumbs up in thanks for their efforts. His other two sisters, Drya (the middle-sister) and Pipei (the youngest sister), approached him with a hug. Dwam slightly cringed, he felt this situation was getting a little too mushy for him, but he figured this would be the last time they would see him for a while. He gave them both thanks for their contributions to his food. His mother dropped down from the cart.

"I have a little something else for you," she said as she knocked on the top of Dwam's bucket with a supporting smile. "It is not much, but you are going to take it whether you want it or not."

Dwam tipped up his bucket and looked at the small packet of paper his mother presented to him. A pen laid on top of the packet. Dwam retreived the accessories from his mother and carefully placed them inside a pocket of the pack his sister's gave him.

"You will write us and send off letters whenever you come across the Mail Moogle. There is enough paper there to last you a long time," she said. "Make me proud."

Dwam nodded and knocked his bucket onto his head again. It was time. He clenched his fists tightly and widened his stance before sprinting to the cart, leaping and climbing inside. His siblings gathered around the mother and their father joined Dwam in the cart. The rest of the family waved them goodbye and turned back towards their shop as the father took the reigns.

"You ready, son?" asked the father. Dwam hardly heard him. He was sitting right next to his father with his bucket off and placed beside him. His gaze and full attention was set on the road ahead.

"Father ..." Dwam said, still in his trance. His father curiously looked down at him. Dwam had been looking forward to this for so long, he thought, there was no way he was having second thoughts now.

"What is it, Dwam?" he said concerned. There was a dramatic silence as he awaited the answer. Dwam confidently smirked and laid back against his seat, restfully closing his eyes.

"Bring me that horizon," he answered. His father cracked a smile and chuckled to himself. That was his son all right, and without any further hesitation, they were off toward the bridge.[/size]

[SIZE=2]"Wake up you idiot!!"

A fist slammed down on Taoru's head. He stirred slightly then opened his eyes. He tilted his head backwards and stretched.

"Ow!"He said irritantly."What was that for?" He glared over at the person who gave him his rude awakening.

"You don't want to be late". It was his father,"If you're late...I already don't want you to leave. If you were late, or didn't make it in time---." He looks away shamefuly just as Taoru's mother and siblings emerge from the house. Taoru is suprised to see that his mother has been crying, and his brothers and sisters are sad as well.

"Mom...", Taoru looked at his mother choking back tears," don't cry, I have to go, you know that. I have to go collect myrrh, please be happy".

His mother smiled with teary eyes,"Yes, I know. But you're still my boy, and I'll miss you alot. If you don't keep in touch---I won't know if you're okay or not!" His mother breaks down into tears, and his sister, Rena, comforts her. His mothers wipes her eyes and looks up at him again,"If you're so bent on leaving then leave." She turns towards the house, and smiles," Just do you folks proud."

Reno and Bud, his older brothers, grin at him," Best of luck, you moron", Reno jokes at him." Yah, you'd better watch youself, you never know what may happen...", Bud trails off with a sly grin," and before we forget, take this." Reno and Bud reach into their pockets and hand Taoru a shoulder plate and metal wristband." You never know..." Reno mimicks Bud.

"Oh yes," his mom enters the house, then returns with packages."Here's some gil for the road, clothing, and this." She reveals to him a beautifully crafted blade." This was your grandfathers, and now it's yours."

Taoru tries to hold back tears of joy,"Thanks everyone, I'm very grateful", he looks around," but where are Shizo and Tuno? I figured they'd be here to see me off." His dad walks toards the cart and puts Taoru's stuff in, then gets in front," They had errands to run. Come on, hop in. Time to hit the road."

Taoru turns towards the rest of his family, " Goodbye everyone, and please don't worry about me, I'll be fine." Just as he's about to get into the cart, Shizo and Tuno come running mady for the trail.

"Wait!" Shizo and Tuno stop right in front of their brother, panting heavily. They try to talk but no words come out.

"Hey you two", Taoru says nervously," you'd better take a breather or else you might faint". He chuckles.

Shizo looks up at him," We didn't want youto leave without you getting the presents we bought for you in town."

Tuno pipes up," Yah, it'll be the last time we see you for a long, long time. If we didn't get you something we'd never live with ourselves." He reaches into his pouch ad pulls out a chain with a dragon on the end of it," It's a good luck charm, it cost all of my saved Gil to get t but it was worh it." Shizo brings his hands from behind his back and reveals a magnifecent flute," I know you like it when I play, so I figured I'd get you your own, so you can play it whenever."

Tarou looks at his brothers affectionatly and bends over to give them hugs. After a few moments of hugging his father yells form the cart," Let's go already!!"

Taoru stops hugging his brothers and hugs the rest of his family, then climbs into the cart. The cart begins to move forward and he grins and yells back to his slowly dissapearing family," Don't worry, I won't let you down! I promise!" He waves at his family untill they're nothingbut a speck on the horizo, then he leans back in his chair.

His dads looks over at him, "You ready for this champ? It'll be a long and treacherous road, but I' m sure you'll make it."

Taoru closes his eyes and thinks to himself. [I]Now my adventure begins[/I]. And with that he drifted off into sleep.
[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=darkred]"Skip! Don't leave us!" Cried Soku as she clung to her brother. Skip almost lost his balance.

"Ah! Soku! Don't worry, I'll be back soon. I'll bring you a present, I promise. Also remeber to watch Mofuku!" Skip exclaimed as he patted his sister on the head.

"Skip, why don't you want to bring Mofuku with you?" Soku said as she bent down to grab the baby moogle.

"Well, Soku is needed in the village, plus he's still only a baby!" Skip ruffled up the hairs of the small moogle.

"Skip... Come here I want to give you something.." A rough voice said which belonged to Skip's grandfather. Skip scrambled over to his grandfather. "Take this... It used to be your father's." Skip was then handed a redish helmt with horns. Skip's mouth dropped as his eyes filled with shock.

"Father's helm! I-I can take this?" He said as he rubbed his hand against it. His grandfather nodded. He then got on his knees and let his father place it on him. Soku ran over.

"Skip looks mean." She giggled. Skip chuckled and ruffled up her hair.

"Soku, did mother get my bags ready?" She nodded as she took her brother's hand and dragged him toward where their mother was sitting, crying tears.

"Mother... Don't worry! I'll be back!" Skip tried cheering his mother up. He then picked up a bag tying it to his belt. "Mother this is all I need. I need nothing else. I'll be alright without food."

The gold pieces jingled as he walked out the doorway. He hugged his mother and sister. Waved goodbye to his grandfather. As he walked he could hear his sister sob. He then saw his friend at the gate with a weapon in his hand.
His head turned and he waved skip over. Skip sprinted toward him.

"Skip, my father wanted me to give this to you. The blade is made of steel mixed with silver. Take care of it." He said as he handed the knife to him. Skip smiled as he got it and bowed his head.

"Tell your father I said thanks. It'll come in handy." Skip then placed it on his belt. He then started to walk once again. Thinking [i]"The Journey...The journey I've been waiting for has finally come."[/i][/size][/color]

Marat starred out the window. His thoughts turning to the journey he was about to make. The journey that his father had once made, but due to mysterious circumstances had never returned.

"You ready to leave yet?" His mother called from the other side of the house.

"Yeah, sure Mum. I'll be right down," he replied.

As he got up to leave Falcon and Robin burst into his room, putting on the little puppy dog faces that they did so well whenever they didn't get their way.

"Okay. What do you want?" Marat asked, knowing that there was no way to escape them until he had heard them out. Besides there was two of them and only one of him so it was only right that they would win.

"Do you really have to go?" Robin asked on the verge of tears.

"You know I have to," was his reply. "I want to know what happened to Dad six years ago and the only way to find out is by joining a caravan myself."

"Yeah, but we're really going to miss you," Falcon exclaimed.

"I know. But look at this as a chance for you to grow up. You are going to be the man of the house while I'm gone and I want you to take care of your mother and sister," Marat stated.

"Okay, but come back," his brother said with very little enthusiasm in his voice.

Marat exited his room and head towards the front door where his mother would be waiting. He knew that his mother wanted him to leave even less than the twins, because ahe didn't want to live through the pain of losing another loved one. He had heard her crying the night before and had even considered not going. But he knew that it was not an option.

When he entered the hall his mother was standing beside his bag with a handkerchief in her hand. He knew that she had been trying to hold back the tears.

"So you're really leaving?" His mother asked.

"You know it," He said trying to put on a brave face. "I'll be back at the end of the year."

"Just make sure you do come back," She gasped.

"I will and I hope to find out what happened to Dad," He stated. With this he gave his mother a hug, slung his bag over his shoulder and walked out the door.

"I promise I will be back," He called over his shoulder.

He could hear his mother weeping as he walked towards the entrance to the town. The only thought that came to his mind though was [I]It has been six years and now finally i'm going to be able to find out what happened when father disappeared. How could no one have seen it happen?[/I]

[size=1][font=tahoma]"Yo Biggs! Get off your lazy backside and come and help me out here!" a voice cried from outside the small farmhouse near the exit to Tipa village. "Just because you're leaving to get Myrrh, don't mean you can go lazing about the house!"
"Yeah, alright Wedge, just shut your face a minute will you?" Biggs finished off his letter and handed it to the Mailmoogle, and it squealed and flew off in a funny way.
"Hurry up! This cow's gonna blow up if you don't come and help it with the birthing!" Biggs' younger brother Wedge called again. He wasn't trained to help the cows give birth on the Talefynn Ranch, so it was up to Biggs and his dad to do it.
The bandanna-wearing Selkie shook his head as an awful image of a pregnant cow exploding entered his mind. What he wouldn't give to get out of here and get as far away from his younger brother as possible.

An hour after the birth of twin calves, not a common sight, at about 6 o'clock in the morning, Biggs packed his things for the Crystal Caravan he was about to travel with.
His mother, Dagger, and father, Zidane were now awake and moving bales of hay around the barnyard so their livestock would have some good food for the day. Wedge was asleep in the low-hanging branches of a nearby tree in a somewhat awkward position. It looked as though the youngest of the Talefynn household were about to snap his back in two.
"Mum, Dad! I'm going to leave now, ok?" Biggs was eager to get off the ranch and off to Shella. He had met a girl his own age who lived there, and had stopped by no further than two months ago, and was eager to see her again. He hoped the Mailmoogle was as fast as people said it was. And the Caravan too, for that matter.
"Oh no you don't. You still have chores to do young Selkie. If you're ready to leave already, you may aswell stay here until it's necessary that you leave. The Caravan leaves in three or four hours, you have enough time to help clean up the mess you and your brother made the other day." his mother said, arms crossed, tapping her foot against the ground with a stern look on her face.
"Alright then..." Biggs turned back to the quaint little cottage he'd called home for his entire life and walked slowly back inside.

After a gruelling two and a half hours of house and yardwork, Biggs was finally finished all of his chores, including the extras his mother had added to the list when he was standing around doing nothing.
"Yo Biggs! Get out here a minute!" called Wedge.
"What is it this time!?" he called back.
"Just get out here!"
"Fine..." he mumbled and trailed off, trudging outside to find his younger brother holding out the two practice Raquets they fought with.
"I'll take you on, here and now, oldie." Wedge smirked and threw a Raquet at Biggs, who caught it in his left hand.
"Alright little bro. A meddlesome young twit like yourself won't beat me though."
The two rushed at each other, Wedge swinging his weapon like crazy, and Biggs rolled to the side. He charged up for a more powerful attack and sent a weak energy ball flying like a tennisball from his Raquet, straight into Wedge's face.

"Bye Mum, bye Dad!" Biggs ran out of the gate as fast as he could. He was going to be late!
"Whoa there son!" Zidane said as he walked up the path towards their property. "I have a little something for you." He smiled and held out a brand new Raquet, a real weapon, and handed it to his eldest son.
Biggs' face beamed with delight, and instead of saying thankyou, he snatched up the weapon and ran off for Tipa Village exit.

"Wha...?" the young Selkie woke up late that afternoon with a huge bruise covering the entire right side of his face, a swollen lip and a black eye. "Mum, where'd Biggs go?"
"He's already gone sweetie. I'm glad you're ok. Now go and do your chores." Dagger had the same look on her face that she'd used one Biggs.
Wedge rolled his eyes, nodded and went to start his work.[/font][/size]

[color=orange][size=2][font=times new roman]OOC: Sorry for being late!

IC: [I]Lunei rolled over and fell down ? literally. She groaned, and sat up, holding a hand to her head. Her mother stood in the doorway, eyebrow raised.[/I]

?I was wondering when you?d wake up.?[I]She had a slight smile tugging at the edges of her mouth.

Lunei winced. She rubbed the back of her head.[/I]?Oww.[I] was all she said. Kylia got up from her place on the floor next to Lunei?s bed. [/I]?Now that your up, you can finish your packing.?[I]She smiled wanly at her sib, then disappeared into the hallway.

Mina-wren poked her head in. Tears were in Lunei?s twin?s big blue eyes. [/I]?Oh, Lunei!?[I]She knelt next to her sister, coming in, and threw her arms about her twin?s shoulders. Lunei patted her back. [/I]?It?s alright, little bird.?[I]she said lovingly.

Her older brothers, Jason and Damien, grinned at her from their room across the hall.

[/I]?Looks like our kitten is finally a cat, eh??[I] Jason tossed his hair away from his face, only to have it fall back into his eyes.

[/I]?Ai, that she is.?[I]Damien murmured, looking his sister over with pride. Lunei flushed. She managed to pry her twin away, and Mina-wren sat with her.

Their mother left the room, and Lunei proceeded to finish the packing which Kylia had started. She quickly bundled her bedroll onto it, hands shaking with anticipation. Soon Mina-wren left the room silently, and Lunei was alone for a while.

[/I]?I- I wanted to give you this, Lu.?[I] said a small voice from her doorway. Lunei looked up to meet the eyes of her youngest sister, Adriena. She held a small package in brown paper, and walked tentatively over.

Lunei smiled encouragingly, and the young Selkie smiled back. Lunei sat back on her heels, and Adriena handed her the package, then gave her a quick hug, muttered something that sounded like goodbye, then was gone. Lunei sat there, and finally unwrapped the package.

Inside was a small locket. It was similar to one that Lunei had seen Adriena wearing, only this one was in the shape of a moon, while Adriena?s was a sun. Smiling inwardly, she put it on.

[/I]?Hurry up, midget! Don?t want to miss the caravan!?[I] Damien called. Lunei slung her now full pack over her shoulder, and went down the stairs. Her mother handed her a small bag with Lunei?s lunch in it, and slung a cloak over her daughter?s shoulder. Little Adriena was nowhere to be seen, and she hugged all of her family.

As they left the house and got in the cart, her father handed her a small knife, and Lunei called, [/I]?Fyka!?[I] The moogle rushed up, and the Selkie girl put her up in the cart. With a wave, she and her father started to town.

OOC: wow! Longishness posty! ^_~[/color][/font][/size][/I]

[color=#009966][i]The cart slowed to a stop as they neared the bridge, and Selpheii noticed that the elder was waiting for them, and behind him were two caravans. Her father helped to unload all of her belongings, and then they walked towards the elder.[/i]

Selpheii: "Hello, Elder." [i]She looked around.[/i] "Where is everybody?"

Elder: "They're coming, Selpheii. In fact, here comes one now."

[i]She turned and saw a cart also stop at the bridge. Seated in the front were two Lilties. They climbed out of the cart when the Elder greeted them.[/i]

Elder: "Hullo, Skip. Are you ready to join the caravan?"

Skip: "As ready as I'll ever be, sir!"

[i]Soon after that more carts pulled up one after the other. The Elder greeted them all warmly.[/i]

Elder: "Greetings, Marat. How's your mother?" "Hullo, Lunei. Is Mina-wren well? I know she's going to miss you alot. Be sure to write to her." "Biggs Talefynn. Hullo! How did that birthing go? Is the mother and calf alright?" "Welcome, Taoru. What a nice flute. I bet Shizo gave that to you, eh?" "Greetings, Dwam Ciam. You cannot know how grateful I am that you came all the way from Port Tipa to join the caravan."

[i]The Elder glanced around, taking count of everyone who had arrived.[/i]

Elder: "Five....Six....and seven....Hm....It seems that we are still waiting for three people to arrive....We'll wait for them, but we won't wait long."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
OOC: Alright, this is a bit of information that we will use throughout the RPG. PiroMunkie brought up alot of questions, so I thank him for helping to make this RPG runs smoothly. If anyone has any other questions or suggestions, please PM me. Reading this may be a bit tedius, but it will help the RPG immensely.

1. First of all, he gave me this site, and I would like everyone to look at it. [url="http://tartarus.rpgclassics.com/~ffcc/weapons.shtml#Swords"]http://tartarus.rpgclassics.com/~ffcc/weapons.shtml#Swords[/url]

Just scroll down until you find your tribe. Consider the weapon that you currently have as your "Novice's Weapon." (***NOTE: The order of weapons is out of order. The strength of the weapon from weakest to greatest gradually increases, so look at the next highest strength to determine your next weapon when the time comes.***) Before you can have a new weapon forged, you must purchase a blueprint first. Then when you're ready, go to a blacksmith, and he will tell you the necessary items you will need and how much it will cost to craft that weapon. If you don't have every item required, your weapon cannot be forged. (Also, it may take [i]years[/i] before you even get to your next weapon because some of the items needed are so rare, so don't go zipping through the list of weapons.)

2. Random materials (such as iron, bronze, Zu's beak, mythril, etc.) will not appear after you defeat an enemy. Instead, you must buy these in markets. Because some items only appear at certain levels at certain times (ie: on the game I didn't get a giga's claw until year three or four when I played Selepation Cave), some markets may get new items in stock as the RPG progresses. And I know it's hard to save 5,000 gil just to buy one piece of mythril, so some items may also become cheaper as well. PiroMunkie has generously offered to make an HTML table showing the market name, the items in stock, a short description of them, and how much it will cost. Again, THANK YOU!!

Money, however, is a different story. At the beginning of the RPG (not far from now), the Elder will give everyone 800 gil to help us get to a good start. Unlike with items, when you kill a monster you will have a chance to make a couple gil. The monsters are nothing but simple footsoldiers, though, so they're not going to be rolling in money. And after the loot is divided among your teammates, you might only get about 10-15 gil at the most.

3. Monsters won't attack individually, though. It'd be [i]way[/i] to easy if five people jumped one goblin, so monsters will attack in groups, maybe about 8-10 per group, and they will be slightly harder to kill. That should make the dungeons a bit more interesting. Some monsters can cast basic magic (such as slow, fire, thunder, blizzard, and some can poison you), so be creative. ;)

It's been decided that the caravans will travel together [i]at first[/i], but once we reach a dungeon we will separate to cover more ground. The dungeons are going to be [i]much[/i] larger than the dungeons on the game, and there will be two different bosses per dungeon. That way we won't get something like this:

[color=#009966]*Caravan 1 beats Dungeon A while Caravan 2 beats Dungeon B;
*They move to the next dungeon;
*Caravan 2 beats Dungeon A while Caravan 1 beats Dungeon B[/color]
[color=#009966][/color]
[color=#009966]Then after the bosses are defeated, each caravan will get a drop of myrrh in their chalice. [/color]
[color=#009966][/color]
[color=#009966]4. Now here's the bothersome part. There are alot of treasure chests scattered throughout dungeons. Many of these chests contain artifacts that can give you another command slot, another heart, or they can increase your strength, defense, or magic by a few points. Once the boss for each level is defeated, each caravaner has the option of picking [i]one[/i] of the artifacts found in the dungeon. I don't want one person to always get the best of the lot and leave everyone with weaker artifacts, so I would like to do this as fair as possible. Unfortunately the only thing I can think of is to put names and artifacts in a hat and drawing randomly, so if you have any other suggestions that could make it run a bit smoother, [i]please[/i] tell me![/color]
[color=#009966][/color]
[color=#009966]I think that should cover alot of things, but if you have any questions, let me know. [/color][/color]

[size=1][b]OOC:[/b] Go figure the three people we are waiting for are all from my caravan! Woo! -__-;
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was rather warm out, but the occasional cooling breeze seemed to make it all worth its while. Dwam watched as his father left back towards Port Tipa on their cart. He watched it until it disappeared over the horizon. He nodded to himself and removed his Partisan, holding it at his side. He was anxious, and needed something to do with his hands. Dwam did not necessarily feel like practicing with it. Not because he did not [i]want[/i] to, but he figured there were to many other people around and it would be a waste of his stamina now that they are so close to starting. Instead he merely gripped and release the shaft continuously in different places, occasionally switching hands, sometimes just examining the blade on the end.

The bridge was rather full of other caravaners. Selkies seemed to be in the majority, closely followed by Clavats. There was only one other Lilty, and no Yukes present at all.

"Seven," he said under his bucket. He slammed the butt end of his Partisan on the surface of the bridge. An odd number. If others did not come one caravan would surely be short-handed.

"No matter," he said to himself as his pride began swallowing his hot temper, "I am strong. I can surely be an asset to either caravan, short-handed or not."

This was the trademark pattern of Dwam's attitude, and most Lilties he knew, at that. He was quick to lose his cool, even at the drop of a hair, but his bold sense of dignity would not allow him to just lose it all together. He was too proud to lose, and that, he concluded, was his best weapon, and still is.[/size]

[I][color=orange][size=2][font=times new roman]Lunei hopped out of the cart, Fyka following. She smiled.[/I]

?Mina-wren is fine, Elder. It?s Adriena I?m worried about.?[I]The Elder turned to her after greeting everyone. [/I]?Oh? Why??[I] Lunei made a worried face.

[/I]?She gave me this.?[I] She brought the pendant out from beneath her shirt to show him. [/I]?It?s the one that fits in with hers. And she didn?t show up to tell me goodbye.?[I] The Elder shook his head. [/I]?Well, I?m sure she?ll be fine.?[I]Lunei smiled, then dropped the necklace back out of sight.

Fyka looked around.[/I]?Kupo!?[I] She said. Lunei looked down at her. [/I]?Oh, we?ll have plenty of fun, Fyka??[/color][/font][/size]

Whilst standing around waiting for the remaining people, Marat noticed that seven people were waiting including himself and that two caravans were set up.

Confused, Marat asked the Elder. "Why is there two caravans?"

"It seemed like a good idea as many people showed and interest," was the Elders response.

This answer didn't really satisfy Marat but he didn't want to delve into the situation any further. His racket started to dig into his back so thinking that it may take awhile for the others to arrive he placed his bag on the ground. He was hoping it wouldn't take to long as he was starting to regret wanting to go.

[font=Century Gothic][color=darkred]"Mom, I leaving for the Caravan, Okay" A boys voice yelled walking towards the door of the Library. [/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=darkred][/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=darkred]"Wait Fayt, your father should be returning about now" A Female voice answered approaching Fayt.[/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=darkred]"But I'm Late for the caravan allready" Fayt answered.[/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=darkred]"He has a present for you" Fryda(Fayt's mom) said walking off and grabbing a bag.[/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=darkred]"Here" She said handing him the bag.[/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=darkred]Fayt opened it slowly and looked inside. There was a bag filled with fruits and veggies as well as some supplies and two book. Fayt looked up at his mom when the door opened. His father walked through the door carrying something that was wrapped in cloth.[/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=darkred]"Sorry, I'm late it wasnt quite finished" Treysion said handing the bundle to Fayt.[/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=darkred]Fayt looked down at what restes in his closed palms. It was heavy and it one end had a bigger bundle. He slowly began to unravel the cloth and held up the hammer.[/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=darkred]"I hope you like it" His father said.[/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=darkred]"I got to go" Fayt said turning towards the door.[/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=darkred]"Okay be sure to write when the mail moogle comes" Fryda said.[/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=darkred]"Be careful out there okay" Treysion added.[/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=darkred]"I will be" Fayt said walking out the door.[/color][/font]

[font=Tahoma][color=#009966]ooc: DaisukeAngel and Cysword6, I'm sorry, but we can't wait any longer. If you wish to continue in the RPG, please PM me and we'll try to fit you in somewhere.[/color][/font]

[color=#009966]ic: [i]Everyone was sitting around close to the caravans, polishing their new weapons, staring into the stream, or lost in his or her own thoughts. They were so distracted that no one except the Elder noticed. He caught everyone's attention as he hailed the new arrival.[/i]

Elder: "Ah, Fayt, there you are. Welcome. You are just in time. I suppose there wasn't anyone else coming after you on the road?"

Fayt: "No. The roads were empty."

[i]The Elder sighed.[/i]

Elder: "I guess they have changed their minds....Very well." [i]He turned to address the eight people waiting patiently to depart.[/i] "We shall have a small change in plans."

[i]The Elder pointed to the caravan on the left.[/i]

Elder: "Selpheii, Skip, Biggs, and Lunei---the four of you will be in the first caravan." [i]He pointed to the caravan on the right.[/i] "Dwam, Taoru, Fayt, and Marat---you will be in the second caravan. Now start loading your belongings into your caravan."

[i]It didn't take long until the caravans were packed. The Elder had two more things to take care of before they set off. He went around to everyone, giving them each 800 gil. Now for the other.[/i]

Elder: "It is important to remember a few things while on the road: The first, stay together. Bandits and swindlers roam the highways, and we don't want you to be caught offguard. The second, be careful. In a dangerous world such as this, I think that should be quite obvious. And the last, don't forget to write and let your families know that you are well. We will expect to see you soon. Good luck."

[i]And with that, the caravans left Tipa village.[/i][/color]

Marat began to pack his bag into the caravan when he noticed a Moogle coming from the direction of his house.

"Oh shoot," he said to himself, "I can't believe that I forgot Phoenix."

The moogle came up to him and spoke, "Why did you leave me behind Kupo? Am i not supposed to be coming with you? Kupo Kupo."

"I'm sorry I forgot about you Phoenix, but you are here now aren't you?" Marat replied.

"I guess so kupo," Phoenix said.

"Okay. Then let me introduce you to the rest of the caravan," Marat said, "Phoenix meet Dwam, Taoru and Fayt. Guys this is Phoenix who is going to be the moogle who will be travelling with us.

With the introductions complete and the bags packed into the caravans, they climbed in and set off on their separate adventures.

[size=2][color=#009966][i]The two caravans rolled along steadily, its caravaners either riding or walking in silence, encountering no one along the way. The sun was rising higher in the sky, marking each hour as it came and went. The moogles chatted among themselves quietly, hovering about four feet off the ground and a few feet in front of the caravans. It was after several hours of seeminly endless walking when they came to a fork in the road. Dwam stepped forward and read the sign.[/i][/color][/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2][color=#009966]Dwam: "Left---Marr's Pass. Right---River Belle Path (DANGER)"[/color][/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2][color=#009966]Selpheii: "That sounds like the road we need to take."[/color][/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2][color=#009966][i]They steered the caravans to the right, and shortly after they came to a gate. One of the doors was hanging loosely from a broken hinge. Biggs stepped forward and gave a slight push. The door fell to the grass with a dull[/i] clang![i] echoing through the still air. They flinched, and with hands on their weapons, warily entered the silent area. Everyone looked around in awe.[/i][/color][/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2][color=#009966]Taoru: "It's so huge!"[/color][/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2][color=#009966]Fayt: "And much too quiet."[/color][/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2][color=#009966]Lunei: "It might take days to find our way through this place."[/color][/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2][color=#009966]Selpheii: "Then we'll just split up to cover more ground. I think that might have been the Elder's intentions anyway, otherwise he would've put us all in one caravan. We'll go left. Dwam, your caravan will go right. If all goes well, we should meet again at the myrrh tree."[/color][/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2][color=#009966]Dwam: "Sounds like a good plan." [/color][/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2][color=#009966][i]He shouldered his partisan, and the two caravans separated.[/i][/color][/size]

Tauro continued looking aroung in awe, and didn't hear his caravan start going off. Dwam yelled angrily at Tauro,"Hurry up!! We're not waitin for you!!" Tauro snapped to attention and looked around frantically. He saw the group further along the path."Don't leave me!", he yelled, panicked. He ran in their direction and put his hand on his blade. [I]Just in case,[/I] he thought to himself. He caught up with the group in no time at all. Angry glances cam from all around. Tauro grinned nervously.

The group kept walking, and Tauro slipped over by Fayt. He tapped him on the shoulder,"Sorry about dozing off. I was just so suprised by the size..." Fayt nodded and replied,"No prob. Just don't do it again." Taoru glanced around and continued talking with Fayt,"Do you think there's any caves that contain myrrh around here?" Fayt looked down for a second then looked back up at Tauro,"I don't know... we can only hope so..." Tauro stared at Fayt then went off to walk by himself and think.

They soon stopped in front of a cave. Tauro grinned at the rest of the caravan,"So... what do we do now?" He was met again by angry stares. He held his hands up in defense,"Just asking...."