Navi Posted October 27, 2001 Posted October 27, 2001 Are geocities and angelfire any good? Others? free? tons of webspace?
Cecil Posted October 27, 2001 Posted October 27, 2001 I don't know about angelfire, but I use geocities. It's free and comes with 15 megs of space. That is if you don't mind [url]www.geocities.com/yourusername.index[/url] or some long web address like that. If you prefer something like [url]www.whateveryouwant.com[/url] as your address you have to pay around 8 bucks a mounth. You can just check it our your self.
Mike Posted October 27, 2001 Posted October 27, 2001 I own [url]www.theGenesis.net[/url] (not yet up). I pay $13.00 a year for the url/domain name at [url]www.000domains.com[/url] . I have a host also, [url]www.digital-host.net[/url] , they have a free plan, with a [url]www.digital-host.net/~yourname.index[/url] url, but i do their domain hosting. (free plan comes with unlimited space and unlimited bandwidth) I pay $25.25 every 3 months for that hosting.
Harry Posted October 27, 2001 Posted October 27, 2001 [url]http://www.tripod.com/[/url] gives you 50mb of space
No-Name Posted October 28, 2001 Posted October 28, 2001 geocities is pretty cool. Its very HTML friendly, and doesnt have the annoying pop ups that angelfire has. but their banners are getting bigger and bigger. if u want no bannersand ur own domain name on geocities. u pay like 8.99 (sum1 already said this) and u get a domain, 25megs plus like 10 email addresses at yourdomain.com. im planning on switching over to that plan eventually.
Fall Posted October 28, 2001 Posted October 28, 2001 I use Angelfire, and it's kool. It gives you 50megs, an address like [url]www.angelfire.com/3letters/yourusername,[/url] free uploding, fast loading, and it's free. Fairly good for me, anyways.It also lets you use any web creator like Splash and any browser.
Fish Posted October 28, 2001 Posted October 28, 2001 i use tripod... but i don't work on any sites anymore... i will make a amine site soon though
Break Posted October 28, 2001 Posted October 28, 2001 [SIZE=1]Well... [url]www.fortunecity.com[/url] - 89% [url]www.homestead.com[/url] - 98% They are two really sweet domain makers...[/SIZE]
Zidargh Posted October 28, 2001 Posted October 28, 2001 [url]www.f2s.com[/url] is a real short url and then ya can add ya own URL.But it is almost always full from high demand.And its free,pretty cool.:excited:
Tien Posted October 29, 2001 Posted October 29, 2001 f2s is a good one,but they are closed down,so i use tripod.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now