Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=purple]I haven't seen a background thread in a long time, and I think this is still the right forum to do it in? So, what's yours look like? Here's mine:[/color][img]http://img.imagetown.net/62087713.jpg[/img]

[color=darkorchid]I have had this for about..a day. I made it last night and everything on my desktop and on the my0 site is purple and yellow. Check out the site, I think I did great on it.[/color]

[color=purple]But back on the background junk, I think i did well on it, and I like it. It's simple, and only took 5 minutes to do, but it's not too simple. The hardest thing to do was get the icons set up symetrical.[/color]

[color=darkorchid]Don't just post here with your background. Post why you made/piced it, coment critique others, yourselve's etc. please? Thanks[/color]

[color=purple])\( @ T 3[/color]
Posted
Mine's got a home-baked background featuring the lovely Mamimi from FLCL (which is downloadable from [URL=http://wallpapers.theotaku.com/wallpaper.php?id=924]here[/URL]), my WMP skinned to look like Quicktime and a WindowsBlinds skin (forgot what it's called).
Posted
[size=1]I believe past desktop threads were held in the art forum. I'm moving this here now. What Syk3 decides to do with it is up to him.[/size]
Posted
[size=1][color=#2f4f4f]Eh... Mine is just a simple image from [url=www.digitalblasphemy.com]digitalblasphemy.com[/url]. I believe it's called trinity2k2 or something like it. It's really a fun background and I keep finding new things in it.

And if you look down at the lower right you can just make out the pruple side of Nates background from my minimized window.[/size][/color]
Guest ScirosDarkblade
Posted
The Digital Blashemy one is one of the prettiest sunset CG pics I know of. I had it as my background for a time last year (although my resolution distorted it a bit as far as what I remember).

The purple and yellow BG makes my eyes hurt. Talk about clashing colors. It's like blue/orange--if both are really intense, it just kills me. The colors that if you mix make a lovely dark BROWN.

Heh. Anyway I'm currently working on a new background of my own. That should be done in 3 weeks or so (I'm leaving for a week).
Posted
[color=darkred][size=1]Heh, I finally find out how to take a screenshot of my desktop. xD lol.

[url=http://img2.imagetown.net/85519219.jpg][IMG]http://everybody.250free.com/deskmini.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Yeah it's shounen-ai... I'm a yaoi fan so I have no problem with it. O_o;
If you haven't found our yet it's Wild Adaptor.
Yes I know I have alot of useless crap on my desktop. Click on the image for full view.


EDIT: I made it smaller. Thanks Sky3! No my screen isn't 800x600. I just wanted to make the desk. that small.. It's actually 1024x768. Wow even if it's 800x600 still loads a little slow.
[/size][/color]
Posted
[url="http://img2.imagetown.net/57721202.jpg"][font=Trebuchet MS]Click[/font][/url]

[font=Trebuchet MS] I've skinned Windows XP to look somewhat like (I think) Mac OS 9 with styleXP, just because I think it looks cleaner than the other default XP skins. My background is a World of Warcraft wallpaper called Imagination.

And yes, I did change the mozilla icon too.[/font]
Posted
I suppose this thread is alright, since we haven't had a desktop thread in a while anyway, heh.

My desktop is attached, and keep in mind that I didn't make the wallpaper. I tend to avoid making wallpapers because I have to look at it everyday, and when you make something it's so much easier to find faults with it.

Hatake, the image you linked to should probably be a little less quality I think, since it took me like a minute to get an inch shown and I run on cable, lol.
Posted
[color=indigo]Hmm, yeah, it has been a while since the last thread of this kind popped up. Always interesting to see peoples' desktops.

Oh, and if you're wondering why there are two desktops in the attached image, it's because I'm using two monitors. So, I can have different stuff on each, including different wallpaper. On the left is my main display, featuring a wallpaper made by myself, and on the right is my secondary desktop, featuring a wallpaper made by James, which I use mainly for Winamp and instant messaging stuff.

And the actual wallpapers are much, much higher quality than in the screen shot. 50% jpg compression does bad things to image quality, but it would've been huge otherwise.[/color]
Posted
[font=Arial][size=1][color=Indigo]This is my background... The wallpaper is one I made for theOtaku, and... yeah.

It'd look better if I didn't insist on having two layers for my status bar, but meh.
[/color][/size][/font]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...